£10m funding boost for uni manufacturing and engineering project
A new Degree Apprenticeship Centre is going to be built at the University of Warwick thanks to a £10million funding boost.
Due to open next year, the Warwick Manufacturing Group, part of the university, will use the centre to deliver education in preparation for students to get into the engineering and manufacturing companies.
In a speech on Tuesday September 11, Prime Minister Theresa May said she was delighted with the funding.
She said, at the Zero Emission Vehicle Summit in Birmingham: "I am delighted that Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership has invested in a new... read more
- 08:01 Polar vortex to hit UK with snow and plummeting temperatures
- 08:00 Warwickshire's first cat cafe opens its doors
- 07:59 Multi-million restoration of Sunderland castle enters final phase
- 07:56 Your weather forecast for Thursday
- 07:55 Arsene Wenger gives verdict on Manchester United target Zinedine...
- 07:52 Driver tells cyclist he can drive safely while using his phone then...
- 07:51 Brazil: same-sex couples rush to the altar ahead of Bolsonaro...
- 07:51 'City living no be easy': Accra by Richard Opoku Agyeman – an urban...
- 07:51 Forever prisoners: were a father and son wrongly ensnared by...
- 07:49 Raheem Sterling: Arsenal ace Ainsley Maitland-Niles reveals he also...
- 07:48 Live updates: Hagley Road partly closed as burst water main causes...
- 07:46 Morning Face: Chidera Eggerue, AKA The Slumflower, shares how she...
- 07:45 Saints' winger Tom Collins opens new Northampton nursery
- 07:45 Arsenal transfer plans revealed; Barcelona plan Morata swoop as...
- 07:44 Paying my Dartford Crossing fine has become a French farce
- 07:44 New Jersey urged to enforce ‘code of conduct’ for Amazon workers
- 07:44 Pound largely holds on to gains after May survives no-confidence vote
- 07:43 House of Fraser revival 'challenging'
- 07:41 Tests continuing after death of nine-week-old Barnsley baby
- 07:39 Tests continuing after death of nine-week-old Barnsley baby
- 07:39 LIVE: Accident in Markfield Lane, Botcheston leaves road closed in...
- 07:39 Raj Singh on why he took dramatic U-turn to appoint Richard Money –...
- 07:36 Preston company takes on Shpock and Gumtree with new 'Buuy' mobile app
- 07:34 How to get Elf on the Shelf stuck inside your TV
- 07:32 Canalside Braunston pub sold to Leicester brewery
- 07:32 Royal Mail staff in Northamptonshire work flat out as they tackle...
- 07:32 Saints centre Rory ready to make up for lost time
- 07:27 COURT ROUND-UP: Latest convictions from Doncaster magistrates’ courts
- 07:27 Toy slime could be making children sick as many contain...
- 07:25 Man still wanted over rape of woman in Sheffield