10 thoughts everybody has when they’re diagnosed with IBD
I write a lot about Inflammatory Bowel Disease, from my hospital trips to socialising.
However, sometimes I forget just how scary it was to be diagnosed back in 2012.
In fact, I often get messages from those who have just been diagnosed and the narrative is always the same – a sense of confusion, frustration and despair.
So, today I wanted to take a step back and talk about what it’s like to be diagnosed with IBD and the thoughts we all have when we hear those words: ‘you’ve got Inflammatory Bowel Disease’.
1. At least I know it’s not cancer. I know that sounds harsh but I’d be lying if I... read more
- 05:06 East Midlands Airport passengers furious as flights depart without...
- 04:44 China's second quarter growth meets expectations at 6.7%
- 04:14 Spaceport receives go-ahead on Scottish peninsula
- 03:59 Shipwrecks at Tankerton and Camber Sands to be protected
- 03:52 Sharp Objects recap: season one, episode two – Dirt
- 03:38 Trump-Putin summit: US leader cautious ahead of Helsinki talks
- 03:25 Italy allows migrants to land in Sicily
- 03:25 Casino project will offer Japan's addicts a new way to lose
- 03:24 Chelsea board send message to Eden Hazard over Real Madrid transfer
- 02:51 Labor MP Michael Danby's preselection meeting undemocratic,...
- 02:51 Valentine's day of reckoning
- 02:51 Giro Rosa won by Australian team Mitchelton-Scott
- 02:51 N’Golo Kante’s reaction is superb as France players sing his name...
- 02:51 Nicaragua troops raid towns in south
- 02:51 Top 10 Burton restaurants according to TripAdvisor
- 02:14 Gillespie Macandrew hails year of growth
- 02:14 Hulk Hogan ‘hugged and cheered’ by wrestlers following WWE return...
- 02:14 Comment: Attracting leaders will put Scotland on the world stage
- 02:08 'Lost' Gustav Holst score returned to UK after 100 years
- 02:03 UK will lose track of many EU migrants after Brexit - report
- 01:47 Jaguar kills eight other animals after escaping from zoo enclosure
- 01:46 Military spouses set up skills base in Fife
- 01:27 Plan for multi-million pound transformation of Garth Lane site into...
- 01:27 The Yankee Candle shoplifter who was knocked down as she fled...
- 01:14 CCTV reveals explosive device thrown at home of Gerry Adams
- 01:04 Margaret Fulton's Basque chicken recipe
- 00:54 North Korea to resume search for US military remains
- 00:47 Trump-Putin summit: Why is it a big deal?
- 00:47 Higher Sunday roadworks speed limit tested
- 00:46 Female workers to earn £74k less than male peers, research reveals