10 ridiculous myths about coeliac disease
There may now be more gluten-free products in the supermarket aisles, but awareness of the realities of coeliac disease remains incredibly low.
Coeliac UK estimates only 24 per cent of people who are coeliac have actually been clinically diagnosed.
Although receiving a diagnosis is a relief to many, there are still many misconceptions that those of us who are gluten-free have to listen to on a daily basis.
Here are ten of the most ridiculous myths we’ve all heard about coeliac disease.
1. It’s an allergy This may seem like a harmless misconception, but coeliac disease is not an allergy or... read more
- 10:47 Alisson next club odds: Real Madrid big favourites to sign...
- 10:44 Arsenal Transfer News: Positive Banega meeting, Martins fee demand,...
- 10:42 Abandoned seal pup rescued from Cambridgeshire river bank
- 10:42 Dozens of firefighters at warehouse blaze in Leyton
- 10:42 Stars of the future
- 10:42 Car crashes into lounge of Southampton house
- 10:41 Serious crash closes M54 between Wolverhampton and Telford
- 10:37 Bumps on woman’s face turned out to be a parasitic worm living...
- 10:37 Fishing the electric way
- 10:34 RNLI assist yacht off the Northumberland coast
- 10:30 Rufus Wainwright: ‘I like sugar a lot; I can swig maple syrup from...
- 10:30 Drawn from life: why have novelists stopped making things up?
- 10:30 David Lynch: ‘You gotta be selfish. It's a terrible thing’
- 10:30 ‘Unscrupulous’ recruits adding to hospital woe
- 10:30 Game of Thrones stars Kit Harington and Rose Leslie set to wed in...
- 10:29 Hoole travel agents opened by top TV personality
- 10:29 West Cheshire serving personnel offered discounts during Armed...
- 10:28 Wigan priest in court on sex rap
- 10:27 Joseph Barker Wilson
- 10:27 Gordon Firth, artist and headteacher
- 10:27 Mister Finch and his magical exhibition
- 10:25 Railway line trespassers cause delays for passengers in and out of...
- 10:23 Schools still waiting for mental health services to start
- 10:22 Rotarians grand tour to end polio
- 10:21 Railway line trespassers cause delays for passengers in and out of...
- 10:21 'I love this kid - he is an absolute diamond' - Birmingham City...
- 10:18 Rapist jailed after subjecting vulnerable woman to months of abuse
- 10:17 England team news: Predicted England line up vs Panama – Alli and...
- 10:17 Why do most Icelandic names end in ‘son’? It’s actually just the...
- 10:17 Liverpool send class message to Jose Enrique after former defender...