News from Yorkshire Evening Post
More than £1m has been paid out in compensation to convicted criminals in the last five years after a backlog of parole hearings meant they were kept in prison for too long. A report published today reveals a growing number of outstanding parole hearings
Nearly one in 10 jobs in Leeds is now accounted for by financial services, with the city one of the principal centres outside of the capital, new figures show. The Leeds City Region is home to 30 national and international banks, and is home to the headq
An emergency meeting is to be held next week over the fate of a former Leeds primary school site, which has become the subject of a long running wrangle over its future. As previously reported, Leeds City Council is currently drawing up plans for a new p
Two Co-op store workers who helped catch a street sex attacker who preyed on a young woman have been praised by a judge for their “public spirited actions”. Nathan Rawson was brought to justice thanks to the quick thinking of Andrew Parkinson and Paul Mu
Five people across the country including much of the north of England have been arrested for selling 'fully loaded' Kodi streaming boxes. The raids were initiated by the Federation Against Copyright Theft aka FACT, on behalf the Sky TV, the Premier Leagu
A boy was taken to hospital after an assault in Morley. Police were called to Queen Street in the town at around 4pm on Saturday to reports of a group of teenagers fighting. Officers attended to find the 16-year-old who had been assaulted. He was taken t
TWO 'callous' men who took part in a crash for cash plot in which a great grandmother was killed have been found guilty of manslaughter. A judge today returned guilty verdicts after taking the highly unusual step of dismissing the jury part way through a
Delegates from the Leeds City Region are to travel to China to bang the drum for the region’s business community. Leeds City Council leader Judith Blake and LEP chairman Roger Marsh are visiting Hangzhou and Shanghai as part of a trade delegation aimed a
Sheffield Wednesday supporting Michael Vaughan hit for six by Leeds United fans after “We’ll beat you at...
Sheffield Wednesday supporting England cricket legend Michael Vaughan has been hit for six by Leeds United fans after after he tweeted “We’ll beat you at Wembley” Vaughan took to Twitter after Saturday’s 1-0 defeat saw the Whites strengthen their grip in
TWO men who took part in a ‘cash for crash’ plot in which an innocent pensioner was killed have been found guilty of manslaughter. A judge today (Feb 27) returned guilty verdicts after taking the highly unusual step of dismissing the jury part way throug
More than 25 per cent of Yorkshire’s consumers are concerned about the impact of Brexit on their spending plans over the next 12 months, according to a new report from PwC. PwC’s new Total Retail report also concluded that around 62 per cent of Yorkshire
A motorist was assaulted by a group of men who stopped his car in the street. The attack happened at around 6.50pm on Denby Dale Road, near Wakefield city centre. Three men walked out in front of the victim's car, causing him to stop. Then one of them th
Two lanes have been closed on the M1 near Wakefield after an accident. Highways England have reported traffic queuing for over a mile due to the closures on the M1 southbound, junction 40 to junction 39. Updates to follow.
Sky Betting & Gaming’s Head of Corporate Communications, Adam Smith, writes for Digital City and previews some of the company’s plans for the upcoming Leeds Digital Festival. Digital City partner Sky Betting and Gaming is putting together an...
Salespeople, spreadsheet jockeys and, er, journalists will be the first jobs to hit the scrapheap due to advances in technology, according to a leading technology expert. 47 per cent of jobs in the USA could be automated within the next twenty years, an
- 21:26 Simon Henig on why Durham County Council had no choice but to save...
- 19:18 Former fire service boss threw knife and dirty dishes at his...
- 18:49 Watch the moment FIVE clubbers pile into a Newcastle taxi in the...
- 17:28 Here's one Chinese man pleased that Toon boss Rafa Benitez isn't...
- 16:35 Thief who stole from pensioner's handbag left on the Metro...
- 16:35 Police investigate reports of man flashing at women in Walker area...
- 03:21 India launches record-breaking 104 satellites from single rocket
- 03:21 Firms urged to publish ethnic breakdown
- 03:20 Dear Sir, I'm sorry: letters of apology to former teachers
- 03:15 James O'Connor will not be offered new contract, says Toulon owner
- 03:07 Jonathan Gibbs: We must save rural life – but this school had to die
- 03:05 Prison officers to withdraw from riot duty in pay dispute
- 03:04 Review faults Washington police handling of inaugural protests
- 03:02 Roy Keane launches another dig at Jose Mourinho over his Manchester...
- 02:57 Nigel Farage aide defects to Tories claiming a mass exodus from Ukip
- 02:54 What happens in the brain when you learn a language?
- 02:49 Overwatch Season 4’s new hero has another big hint shared on Twitter
- 02:40 Top 10 state and national parks in Texas
- 02:35 Deportation of student halted hours before she was due to board plane
- 02:32 How statistics lost their power – and why we should fear what comes...
- 02:29 The 20 big questions in science
- 02:27 UK government surplus gives Philip Hammond pre-budget boost
- 02:24 Top 10 national parks in Arizona
- 02:19 Network Rail fined £4m after woman killed by train at foot crossing
- 02:09 Warren Buffett, 'Oracle of Omaha', criticises Wall Street and...
- 02:08 Top 10 bars in Nashville
- 02:05 Is Australia Racist? SBS documentary makes for uncomfortable viewing
- 02:03 Big tourism must demand action to save the reef – its business...
- 02:01 Does music really help you concentrate?
- 01:55 Trump says Oscar mix-up was because show was 'focused so hard on...