News from Worksop Guardian
0 Have your say A former football coach with links to Derbyshire has appeared in court to face sexual assault charges. Barry Bennell pleaded not guilty by video link from Woodhill prison to eight charges of sexual assault against a boy under 16. The form
0 Have your say Three men have been jailed after £20,000 worth of cocaine was recovered from a taxi travelling on the M1 in Derbyshire. Naeem Iqbal, Ishmal Khan and Yasser Shan were arrested in January 2016 in connection with the plot to bring the Class
0 Have your say It’s been a busy old week in the world of news, sport and celebs. But how much attention have you been paying to what’s hit the headlines? Have a go at our quick quiz and see...
1 Have your say After hundreds of people protested against plans to test for shale gas in Sherwood Forest over the weekend, we are you giving you the chance to have your say. Anti-fracking campaigners are calling on the Government to intervene after it e
0 Have your say Worksop-born former England manager Graham Taylor has died aged 72. Taylor, who was born at Castle Farm in September 1944, the son of Bernard and Dorothy, guided England to the European Championships in 1992. However a 2-1 defeat at the h
0 Have your say A former nurse from Whitwell has ended her first year of retirement having raised more than £2,100 for a leading medical charity. Marie Haynes and her husband Bill set themselves a challenge to raise as much money as possible for Diabetes
0 Have your say The Post Office is to close and franchise 37 Crown office branches, with up to 300 staff set to lose their jobs. A further 127 specialist roles are also set to be lost, the Communications and Workers Union (CWU) has said. Dave Ward, Gener
0 Have your say Nottinghamshire parents have less than a week to apply for their child's infant or primary school place for September. Applications for children born between September 1 2012 and August 31 2013 will close on Sunday January 15. The quickes
0 Have your say Police are appealing for information to trace a 15-year-old who gone missing from her home in Nottinghamshire. Angel Callaghan was last seen at 11pm on Sunday, January 18, in the Ollerton area. She is described as about 5ft 3in, slim and
0 Have your say Mobile speed cameras are out and about on Notts roads Mobile speed cameras will be in the following Nottinghamshire locations from Monday, January 9: * A60 Carlton Road, Worksop; * A60 Leeming Lane North, Mansfield Woodhouse; * A608 Churc
0 Have your say A whopping £730 million was dished out by ATMs on December 23, the most money ever withdrawn in one day. The pre-Christmas dash for cash saw UK spenders smash the record which was set on Christmas Eve in 2014 when £634 million was taken o
0 Have your say A doctor who lives near Gainsborough and has cared for patients across the area for the past 43 years has been recognised with a national honour. Dr Joseph Waas, aged 72, is to receive a British Citizen Award for services to healthcare. D
0 Have your say Motorists are being warned to plan ahead because of a fuel shortage at the Tibshelf services on the M1. The service station, is not expected to have any fuel until later this evening so Highways England are warning drivers to be prepared.
0 Have your say A Nottinghamshire family dialled 999 for an ambulance more than 500 times in just one year, shocking figures have shown. The statistics have been released by health chiefs to show how nuisance calls to 999 are putting a strain on services
- 19:22 A&E ‘chaos’ as cancer patient has 10-hour wait
- 19:20 Rowdy dancer fined after punching clubber on New Year's Eve
- 19:20 Employees give time back to community
- 19:20 Rural businesses at Thorner dig their way to ultra-fast internet
- 19:20 Hollyoaks spoilers: How did Grace kill Eva? Kerry Bennett has the...
- 19:19 Top tips if you’re heading to the slopes this season
- 19:18 Dai Young sweats on Wasps front row 'red flags' until injuries clear
- 19:18 'When they cross that white line, they'll give 100%' - fans set for...
- 19:17 Crystal Palace v Bolton, Burnley v Sunderland: LIVE FA Cup third...
- 19:16 British air strikes destroy IS terror group's Mosul drone base
- 19:15 Mattioli Woods couple to spend year travelling world - while...
- 19:15 Police in new CCTV appeal over Birmingham carjackings
- 19:13 A can of Spam is less dangerous these days
- 19:13 The urgent need to tackle crisis in adult social care
- 19:13 Australia Day billboard showing girls wearing hijabs removed after...
- 19:12 Courts: Man who drunkenly misbehaved at Coventry train station hit...
- 19:12 Charlie Nicholas urges Arsene Wenger to sell this Arsenal star...
- 19:12 There might be MOULD growing in your child's Sophie the Giraffe toy
- 19:12 Bethany Hill murder trial: 'Panic can cause you to say anything' -...
- 19:11 Musical extends the festive fun
- 19:11 TV star swaps cleaning for crimpers as he launches search for...
- 19:11 'Gutted!' How Birmingham City fans reacted to Jonathan Spector...
- 19:11 Manchester United academy chief Nicky Butt gives update on search...
- 19:10 The Voice star dismissed as "too good" by Tom Jones still dreams of...
- 19:10 A&E ‘chaos’ as cancer patient has 10-hour wait
- 19:09 Man United star slips down transfer wish list: This Chelsea ace is...
- 19:08 Lowdown on Coventry City's new loan man - "He's up for a physical...
- 19:07 Driver on trial for causing death of young woman after crash on A46
- 19:06 Council's go-ahead for Reedley Road resurfacing
- 19:06 Europe's achingly hip neighbourhoods revealed: Manchester,...