News from Worksop Guardian
0 Have your say The 2015 general election left the Liberal Democrats on a precipice. The party was reduced to just eight MPs, a much shrunken local government base, and had been dethroned from its traditional position as the third party of British politi
0 Have your say The election machines have well and truly kicked into gear, so who’s had a good week, and who’s had a bad week on the campaign trail?
0 Have your say Worksop has been basking in a property price boom over the past 12 months, says a sales and lettings expert. Property transactions have generated an extremely healthy £137 million in business through the town since this time in 2016. And
0 Have your say A leading high street retailer has completed its move from Worksop to the edge of town, where it hopes to offer an improved customers experience. Argos opened a new outlet at the Sainsbury’s superstore on Highgrounds Road on Wednesday, Ma
0 Have your say The North Notts Business Women Awards for 2017 are now open for entries, offering budding entrepreneurs an opportunity for recognition. Award judges are looking to find the female business professionals whose achievements have really stoo
0 Have your say Labour’s election manifesto launch was overshadowed by fresh questions over how it would pay for a string ambitious promises costing billions of pounds. The party insisted an annual increase in day-to-day spending of around £49bn on polic
TV news coverage of the 2017 election isn’t giving you the full picture – especially about Jeremy Corbyn
0 Have your say Vox pops made up over one-third of all election news sources on the UK’s nightly television bulletins in the first week of the 2017 election campaign, our study has found. While politicians made up the majority of appearances, 36.4% of so
0 Have your say “We wanted to see more competition. We wanted to see more people able to switch between energy users [sic], that, over the last three or four years has not happened. This is a market that is not working perfectly and therefore we are inte
0 Have your say It was a good day for Theresa May whose reported row with Philip Hammond was completely overshadowed by Labour’s leaked manifesto. But it was a bad day for the poor cameraman whose foot was run over by a car carrying Jeremy Corbyn to the
0 Have your say Simon Lee is senior lecturer in politics at University of Hull. In UK general elections, England matters. It accounts for 82% or 533 out of 650 constituencies in the national parliament. At the 2015 general election, 318 (or 96%) of the C
0 Have your say In the last decade the prescribing of antidepressants in the UK has doubled. The rates have increased dramatically from just over 31 million in 2005 to around 61 million in 2015. Worldwide in terms of countries who have the highest amount
3 Have your say The Tories will renew a pledge to hold a free vote on overturning the ban on fox hunting, Theresa May told voters last night. Speaking during a tour of the Leeds factory, the Prime Minister said she was in favour of the outlawed activity
0 Have your say One of the questions I have found myself asking more and more recently is how do we communicate our feelings to others? Partially this is because of my experience working with couples in therapy, but also it is something a friend of mine
0 Have your say The campaign for the French presidency revealed a stark fault line on Europe. The openly pro-European Emmanuel Macron called for the EU to be strengthened while the staunchly anti-EU Marine Le Pen promised a referendum on Frexit. Victory
0 Have your say In 2014 it was believed 76 per cent of all suicides were by men (4623). This equated to 12 deaths per day which is staggering. It is now widely believed to be the biggest killer of men under the age of 45 in the UK. But why is it that whi
- 07:15 Martin Flanagan: Nationwide takes one for the team
- 07:14 Chocolate six days a week will save your heart, chaps... but sorry,...
- 07:13 Manchester City power rankings: Sergio Aguero, Kevin De Bruyne or...
- 07:13 How Manchester United should line up against Ajax in the Europa...
- 07:13 Boss reveals talks with Manchester United target: Pep Guardiola...
- 07:12 Life’s a beach at new Barrhead Travel agents in Highcross
- 07:11 Rail strikes suspended following terror attack
- 07:11 Could you be a market quality technician? Pirelli, in Burton, is on...
- 07:10 John Edward: Anti-EU rhetoric makes Scotland look small
- 07:10 Batsman Richard Levi signs new two-year deal to stay at Northants
- 07:10 Manchester United line up vs Ajax could include Paul Pogba and...
- 07:09 New gym set to open near Lincoln
- 07:08 Bayern Munich confirm transfer plans: Carlo Ancelotti has had talks...
- 07:07 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 07:07 Manchester attack: Updates as UK terror alert raised to 'critical'...
- 07:06 Faces of the innocent: Victims of cowardly attack at Manchester Arena
- 07:05 Missing schoolgirl Olivia Campbell confirmed among Manchester Arena...
- 07:05 'Depraved' fury at editor's sick wish for Manchester bomb to blow...
- 07:04 High street buffeting as inflation hits store takings
- 07:04 Geely takes 49.9 percent stake in Malaysian car maker Proton
- 07:04 Sunderland’s summer exodus underway with Jermain Defoe poised to...
- 07:01 Missing schoolgirl Olivia Campbell confirmed among Manchester Arena...
- 07:01 Conor McGregor's coach believes a delay in Mayweather fight deal...
- 07:01 Chelsea make enquiry for in-demand defender: Tottenham also keen
- 07:00 Nationwide upbeat despite hit from interest rates
- 06:59 Terror threat raised to critical: Here’s what it means
- 06:59 Manchester bombing: Travel advice to get around city as Victoria...
- 06:59 Tower lights up in tribute to Manchester terror victims
- 06:59 Missing schoolgirl Olivia Campbell confirmed among Manchester Arena...
- 06:58 Gig guide