News from Wetherby News
Yorkshire's Wentworth Woodhouse stately home has been saved with a £7m sale to a fundraising trust which plans to refurbish it into one of the region's top tourist attractions. It is estimated around £42 million of repairs will be needed over the next 15
A well-known children’s author and blogger has been coaching pupils from a Harrogate school in the art of penning a best-selling short story. Ruth Eastham, whose fifth book is to be published later this year, spent the day at Ashville College leading wri
A team of cross country runners from Belmont Grosvenor are celebrating after retaining the top trophy at a prestigious inter-schools sporting event. Pupils from the Harrogate prep school were crowned champions for the second year running at the 18th Annu
The father of a young baby has demanded answers over the 'disgraceful' customer service his wife received in a popular Harrogate cafe when asking for a smaller portion. Steve Dempster took to Facebook and Twitter to show people a message reading 'small e
THE gloriously sunny weekend weather is expected to make way for chillier, cloudy skies this week as a more unsettled period comes in from the Atantic. Here is our weather package with news from the Met office and coverage from Sky News, The BBC and the
Dissatisfied bus passengers will be able to claim free travel vouchers and taxi journeys if they are unhappy with their local services after a huge shake-up of the Leeds network. Three of the region's operators - First, Transdev and Arriva - have teamed
St Cuthbert’s C of E Primary School, Pateley Bridge has a reputation for high academic standards whilst creating a wealth of opportunities for its pupils. Our provision for both music and sport sets the school apart with all children in key stage two lea
When Ripon’s Hornblower steps on to the Market Square at 9pm each evening he is undertaking a role that goes back for centuries. For much of that time he was playing an important role in modern communications – in Ripon’s case, announcing that the watch
THE nation will set their clocks forward by one hour this evening as we herald the start of British Summer Time... but tonight also sees the 10th year of Earth Hour. Here is what we know about these events this evening.
Harrogate Ladies’ College Chapel Choir beat off stiff competition when they were announced as Runners Up in the Barnardo’s National Choral Competition. Held at the Royal Festival Hall in London, the hotly contested final featured choirs from all over the
Temperatures could rival those of Tenerife this weekend as the cold snap gives way to warmer, sunnier weather across Yorkshire this weekend. Here is our weather package with news from the Met office and coverage from Sky News, The BBC and the Press Assoc
Karen McMillan Jones, a 55-year-old breast cancer patient from Harrogate has finished her challenge to swim the length of the English Channel for charity. Karen covered 1,804 lengths in Nuffield Health Centre’s 20 metre pool raising £1,200 for Yorkshire
Two men in their 20s have been arrested and released on bail following a drugs raid on a Harrogate flat as part of a county-wide police operation. Operation Target was rolled out across North Yorkshire for one week to crackdown on crimes related to vulne
Enterprising pupils have smashed their own fundraising target with a host of money-making ideas to help other young people into jobs, education and training. The Prince’s Trust team at Ripon Grammar School have raised more than £1,100 since September sel
A success driven Tadcaster school has received a glowing assessment from Ofsted inspectors for its determination for pupils to succeed. St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School retained a ‘good’ rating after inspectors visited the school on Tuesday, January 1
- 07:14 Repeated fires cause damage to Lincolnshire's most haunted church
- 07:14 Street which fought huge housing plan could now get 280 new homes
- 07:14 More than 400 Doncaster properties hit by power cut
- 07:11 Beyond the blade: the truth about knife crime in Britain
- 07:11 Hartlepool United improving all the time
- 07:10 Gareth Bale should have seen red for bad tackle on John O'Shea,...
- 07:10 India ease to eight-wicket win over Australia in Dharamsala to...
- 07:08 Neil’s plight to help others after his own inspirational journey
- 07:07 Diego Costa: Why this Premier League target can be a phenomenon
- 07:07 Premier League’s big five eye Brazilian wonderkid
- 07:06 Emmerdale spoiler: Will Rebecca reveal fling with Robert to a...
- 07:06 Emmerdale spoiler: Laurel brings husband Ashley home to die in...
- 07:06 Coronation Street spoiler: Nathan EXPOSED as Bethany sees picture...
- 07:06 Neville: How Fergie told me it was time to leave Manchester United
- 07:06 Shropshire maternity units review ‘not a downgrade’
- 07:06 Neymar opens up on Lionel Messi and Barcelona following Man United...
- 07:06 Yorkshire weather: Cloudy skies bring an end to our all-too-brief...
- 07:06 Demolition of historic Scarborough building begins
- 07:06 Music teacher denies historic sex crimes
- 07:06 Live: Breaking news from Liverpool and Merseyside Tuesday March 28
- 07:04 SICK ISIS militants made female prisoners TORTURE EACH OTHER for...
- 07:04 ‘An inspiration’ Nelson Mandela’s fellow anti-apartheid activist...
- 07:02 REVEALED: Burnley and Pendle’s best and worst GP surgeries as rated...
- 07:02 £50m Chelsea raid, Liverpool defender swoop, Man United talks,...
- 07:02 23 questions all parents who have overdosed on Paw Patrol...
- 07:02 Tuesday briefing: Kushner link puts Russians one step closer to Trump
- 07:01 Firefighters tackling blaze at house on our most exclusive road
- 06:59 Scots breast surgeon slams 'abhorrent' accusations that he carried...
- 06:59 Scum landlord banned after threatening to have tenants shot is back...
- 06:59 Billion-barrel North Sea oil discovery is largest UK find of the...