News from Wetherby News
One of the UK’s leading events is set to take place as farms open their gates for Open Farm Sunday. Curlew Fields Farm, near Hessay, has been chosen to partner with dairy firm Arla for the national day, which takes place on Sunday, June 11. The Hildreth
The Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) for North Yorkshire has urged county residents affected by the Manchester terror attack to take advantage of support. Julia Mulligan, the North Yorkshire PCC, has to urged people across the county affected by last
Two students from Harrogate were among those injured in the Manchester Arena terror attack which killed 22 people including children last night (May 22). Headteacher of Harrogate Grammar School, Richard Sheriff, has confirmed that at least seven students
A Harrogate mother who took her daughter to see Ariane Grande in Manchester has said she thought her ‘days were numbered’ during the attack which left 22 dead. Claire Temple, aged 43, and from Harrogate, was at the concert with her 12-year-old daughter A
Mayor of Wetherby Coun Norma Harrington writes: I feel I must begin this month’s article with a tribute to those members of the emergency services who responded to the terrible incident in Manchester Arena on Monday night. Our thoughts must be with the f
The 2015 general election left the Liberal Democrats on a precipice. The party was reduced to just eight MPs, a much shrunken local government base, and had been dethroned from its traditional position as the third party of British politics. Since then,
Twenty-two people have died after a bomb was detonated at a pop concert in Manchester last night. The device exploded at the end of Ariana Grande's performance at Manchester Arena at around 10.30pm. Nearly 60 people are thought to have been injured. Poli
A Sheffield mum has spoken of the horrific scenes and chaos after 19 people died and 50 were injured following an explosion now being treated as a terrorist attack at a pop concert she attended at Manchester Arena. Karen Ford had taken her daughter to se
A Ripon man was handed a community order, a restraining order and fined by Harrogate Magistrates after he was found guilty of two counts of assault. Richard Sutcliffe, 51, of Galphay, Ripon, appeared in court on May 18 for two counts of assault by beatin
Children at St Joseph’s Primary in Tadcaster have been busy creating a new mosaic designed to welcome visitors at the entrance to their school. The Station Road-based school was awarded a grant from The Johnson and Mukherjee trust and support from Tadcas
With less than two weeks until the General Election it’s about time you decided you will get your vote. Whether you’re already a Tory, Labour or Liberal Democrat supporter, do our general election quiz to see which major party policies you agree the most
The first ever LGBT Pride parade in Harrogate has set the bar for many more successful parades to come as crowds lined the streets in support. Marching from the top of Montpellier Hill to the bandstand Valley Gardens, hundreds of residents watched and fo
Fans with illegal drugs at a major Yorkshire music festival may be able to get their contents forensically tested by an authorised on-site service instead of taking them ‘blind’. An organisation called The Loop normally carries out testing on drugs seize
A Topcliffe mother and daughter are set to cycle throughout the night to raise money for women’s cancer charities. Jenny and Anna Roberts are attempting the 100km London Ride the Night in aid of CAF - Cancer V Women on Saturday May 27. The 100km route wi
As we approach a General Election, and at a time when we are in the throes of detaching the United Kingdom from the European Union, we may be forgiven for thinking more than usual about what makes the national character. And as this column is about archi
- 15:55 A professional bikini model shares what life is really like after...
- 15:55 Manchester Arena terror attack - people with blood group O negative...
- 15:55 Arthritis cure on horizon - THIS unusual treatment can ease symptoms
- 15:54 'Mr Robins - you're spoiling us': Coventry City fans react to Liam...
- 15:53 State bailout of Italian banks could re-ignite 'doom loop'...
- 15:53 Lancashire shows solidarity with Manchester bomb victims
- 15:53 The farming column with Sam Walton
- 15:53 Talking Football: Simon Murray is now Dundee United’s talisman
- 15:52 Second deliberate fire in Desborough in two days
- 15:52 Assistant Chief Constable responds to Manchester terror attack
- 15:51 Remember when Sir Roger Moore was Father Christmas in 2004 UNICEF...
- 15:51 World famous wingwalkers to perform 'show-stopping' display at...
- 15:51 Thieves use rapeseed fields to hide stolen cars and machinery
- 15:51 Public invited to say a prayer for missing South Shields teenagers...
- 15:51 Liverpool Power Rankings: Mane, Milner or Coutinho – who has been...
- 15:51 Manchester terror attack: Urgent police appeal for dashcam footage
- 15:50 Skegness cabbie hailed a hero after terror attack in Manchester
- 15:50 Family pays tribute to young man who died in crash near Kenilworth
- 15:50 Court orders issued to Northampton traveller encampment believed to...
- 15:50 Sudan accuses Egypt of backing rebels ahead of foreign minister's trip
- 15:50 Manchester Arena terror attack - people with blood group O negative...
- 15:50 Comic Jason Manford reveals family friend missing in Manchester...
- 15:49 Skegness cabbie hailed a hero after terror attack in Manchester
- 15:48 Potential tornado in Derbyshire caught on camera at Breadsall...
- 15:48 A46 crash victim named
- 15:48 Sir Roger Moore dead: James Bond icon’s 10 FUNNIEST one-liners and...
- 15:48 Roger Moore: How many James Bond films did he make? What were they?
- 15:48 Roger Moore dead: Star thought he was ‘the WORST James Bond’ after...
- 15:47 Manchester arena blast: Liam Gallagher leads celebrity tributes
- 15:46 First victims of Manchester Arena attack named