News from Wake Field Express
Castleford’s outdoor market has been forced to close for the day due to Storm Doris. Wakefield Council has taken the decision to close down all of the stalls outside as the winds continue to batter the region. The market will resume tomorrow as normal, w
It has inspired 2.8m women to get active since its launch in 2015. And the This Girl Can campaign is determined to get even more taking up sport and exercise, as it returns to our TV screens tomorrow. The campaign prides itself on showing how women reall
VIDEO: Solar system with seven Earth-like planets found around nearby star – here’s what they could be like
There have been many discoveries of potentially habitable planets orbiting stars other than our own over the last few years. Now things are getting even more exciting. Scientists have documented a star surrounded by no fewer than seven Earth-like planets
People in Yorkshire are being warned of a new telephone scam which is currently sweeping the United States and is set to hit the UK. CPR Call Blocker, makers of the best selling call blocking device in the US and UK, is urging the public in Yorkshire to
POLICE have released an e-fit image of a suspect after bogus callers posing as solar panel engineers targeted a man in Pontefract. Two men conned their way into a house on Rookhill Road by posing as workers from a solar panel company between 11:30am and
Men and women from South Kirkby who lost their lives in conflict will have their names listed on the town’s war memorial for the very first time. South Kirkby and Moorthorpe Town Council will unveil stone plaques honouring the fallen at a special ceremon
Police are appealing for information following a sexual assault on a woman in Leeds. The 20-year-old victim was walking along a footpath off Middleton Grove near the John Charles Centre for Sport in Middleton just after 9.20am yesterday (Weds Feb 22) whe
A town councillor is calling on a supermarket giant to save a former fire station instead of bulldozing it to make way for a new store. Aldi is set to build a shop on the site of the old fire station on South Elmsall’s Barnsley Road, but recently announc
A FAST food shop in Leeds city centre has been prosecuted for a second time in a month after an investigation was launched when a customer allegedly suffered food poisoning. Leeds City Council successfully prosecuted Aquell Ahmed - the former owner of Di
The public are being urged to unplug a range of faulty tumble dryers - after some of them started to EXPLODE. Manufacturer Whirlpool has admitted there is a fault with a range of up to 5.3 million Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda dryers and they should be swi
Bosch and Neff have issued a safety warning over leaking gas hobs. There is a risk that the built-in units can explode in some circumstances and owners of the affected units are urged to turn off their gas supply immediately and not to use the appliance
As storm Doris batters the UK, with winds expected to reach up to 87mph, we spoke to the travel experts at airFair about whether passengers facing a delayed flight due to the bad weather are entitled to claim compensation. What are our rights? EU regulat
A talent agency which provides extras for blockbuster films is holding auditions in Leeds. 2020 Casting have supplied supporting artists to Hollywood hits such as Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, World War Z, X-Men: First Class, Gladiator, Shakespeare in
Commuters using Virgin East Coast Trains are being warned not to travel today as Storm Doris is set to batter the country with high winds and rain. The train operator tweeted yesterday evening to advise customers not to travel and that all tickets will b
BBC DJ and Coronation Street actor Craig Charles will appear in Wakefield, a venue has announced. The broadcaster is to bring his Funk and Soul Club to Unity Works, Westgate, on May 12. He is known for playing Dave Lister cult classic TV series Red Dwarf
- 14:12 Arsenal FC lie in wait for former Lambs star Habergham
- 14:11 Jose Mourinho wants Casemiro at Manchester United
- 14:11 Pep Guardiola eyed Kylian Mbappe last summer - are Man City set to...
- 14:11 Manchester United legend Eric Cantona reveals his best ever team mate
- 14:10 Discover storybook characters at trail
- 14:10 ‘Radical’ new vision for Lancashire’s public sector
- 14:10 Global stocks near highs, dollar drifts after Fed see hike 'fairly...
- 14:10 Most popular Championship matches: Which teams attracted most TV...
- 14:09 Mercedes boss Toto Wolff: How Lewis Hamilton has reacted to the...
- 14:07 Massive tree smashes sheds and fences in Eyres Monsell
- 14:06 Burglar struggles with homeowner
- 14:06 All aboard the Second City Crossing
- 14:06 New planets that could host alien life discovered with help of...
- 14:05 UCLan team helps to find new planets
- 14:05 Police warn people to ‘stay off roads’ as Storm Doris hits
- 14:05 Numbness and tingling in the hands could be THIS common syndrome -...
- 14:05 UK inflation expectations steady for year ahead, rise further out
- 14:04 Pope suggests 'better to be atheist than hypocritical Catholic'
- 14:04 Warwickshire Police are appealing for information to a burglary
- 14:04 Storm Doris closes Runcorn expressway
- 14:04 Paris protests: Students tear-gassed by police
- 14:04 Shaun Walmsley escape: A nightmare scenario Merseyside Police could...
- 14:04 Inquest of Nigel and Linda Ordinans: Apology
- 14:04 Decision on council tax rise set for next week
- 14:04 District council rubber stamps budget
- 14:02 Mysterious radioactive cloud moves towards UK as plane which...
- 14:01 Police seize nuisance bikes in crackdown on Sheffield estates
- 14:01 Why scientists want us to eat TEN portions of fruit and vegetables...
- 14:01 Heavy delays as two cars crash in Cottingham Road in Hull
- 14:01 Police called as 'scrap' breaks out in Aldi, Beverley Road, Hull