News from Todmorden News
Youths causing trouble for people and to bus drivers around the area of the bus station in Todmorden have been issued with warnings from the police. Calder Valley Neighbourhood Policing Team has increased patrols in the area as they conducted enquiries t
A machete, knives, rifles and ammunition are among the items handed in so far as a 10 day weapons surrender continues across West Yorkshire. The weapons pictured have all been handed in to police stations in Leeds since the gun and knife amnesty began on
We’ve been using Shrove Tuesday as an excuse to overindulge since before records began. So whether you like them savory or sweet, feast your eyes on these flipping mad facts and have a calorie filled Pancake Day.
Parents are sharing a Facebook post from a mum warning that Cadbury Mini Eggs could pose a serious choking hazard for young children this Easter. Cadbury Mini Eggs, which are a solid milk chocolate encased in a hard candy ‘shell’, are an Easter staple, h
Kara Graham a Year 9 student is an ice skater who competes on a regular basis, however she competes with the amazing charity Inclusive Skating as well as with competing against skaters of all levels and abilities. Kara has a condition called iridocorneal
Yorkshire weather: Storm Ewan downgraded but warning still in place as temperatures are set to plummet
Warnings for snow, ice and wind across parts of the UK have been downgraded because Storm Ewan was not as strong as expected. The Met Office had warnings in place for heavy rain, high winds and ice in Northern Ireland, Scotland and parts of north-west Wa
After almost 17 years since it was originally launched, the iconic Nokia 3310 is officially back in business. The classic phone earned almost legendary status in the early noughties for its incredible durability and ever-long battery life, making it an i
In one of the most bizarre moments in the Academy Awards’ 89-year history, La La Land was mistakenly awarded the best picture prize at last night’s glitzy ceremony in Hollywood. The gold statuette was intended, instead, for Moonlight. Talk about awkward.
The health secretary could be asked to decide if controversial changes to hospital services in Calderdale and Huddersfield can go ahead. Jeremy Hunt could make the final decision on plans to centralise A&E care at an expanded hospital in Halifax...
The Bank of England has issued a warning over potentially fake £5 being put into circulation. Here’s how to tell if yours is the real deal. 1. Check the see-through window There is a large see-through window on the note. A clearly defined portrait of the
A scam in West Yorkshire which involves people flagging down motorists and selling ‘gold’ on the roadside for petrol money has led to a police warning. West Yorkshire Police says it has had a call about the scam yesterday (Sunday). The force said: “We’ve
As Spring approaches and daffodils bloom, Marie Curie is asking people of Todmorden to volunteer to collect for its Great Daffodil Appeal in March. The Great Daffodil Appeal is Marie Curie’s biggest annual fundraising campaign and will see volunteers han
Their 2009 book The Spirit Level: Why Equality is Better for Everyone, which explored the effects of greater inequality within societies, became a surprise success and initiated a debate that has grown more pertinent as nations have struggled to recover
Your look tells a story. Simply stop for a moment and think. Forget about work, or family, or what people expect of you. Ask yourself, does it tell YOUR story, or are you wearing someone’s expectation of you? Yes we’re only talking about your hair, your
Storm Doris battered the UK yesterday and much of it was captured on video. And with planes struggling to land to trees falling in roads and narrowly missing motoristsand paddling pools and trampolines taking flight we look at 10 of the most viewed Storm
- 10:09 France - Reasons to be bullish despite election stress
- 10:09 'Harder, faster, louder': how drone-pilot drama Grounded shook the...
- 10:09 VIDEO: "I don't regret it:" Local professional boxer who served 21...
- 10:09 Hartlepool boy remains in a critical condition today
- 10:09 Traffic lights causing chaos in Bramley Vale
- 10:09 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:09 New club is launched to help those with dementia
- 10:09 Colleagues to host charity football match in memory of Peter
- 10:09 Kedleston Road bus crash outside University of Derby - ambulance...
- 10:08 Cesc Fabregas wants to stay at Chelsea to continue education under...
- 10:08 Lancashire women to make history
- 10:08 For the love of God stop celebrating Pancake Day with the...
- 10:08 Barcelona ace opens up on managerial uncertainty: This is what the...
- 10:08 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:08 Mardi Gras day 2017: What is Mardi Gras and how is it celebrated?
- 10:08 Firefighters called to arson attack in Sheffield playground
- 10:07 Half-term success for Leamington players across the Midlands area
- 10:07 Southam United boss issues apology after Stafford thrashing
- 10:07 White kids in deprived areas ‘up to 75 times more likely’ to be in...
- 10:07 WIN! Cirque du Soleil tickets
- 10:07 Two-wheeled heroes call for volunteers
- 10:07 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:07 Who joins Harry Kane and Cesc Fabregas in the Premier League team...
- 10:07 New Mills pupils’ artwork helps to spread the word
- 10:07 Roy Keane backs Man United to make shock move for Prem star
- 10:07 Colleagues to host charity football match in memory of Peter
- 10:06 Wonderland review: A 'daring take on two literary classics'
- 10:06 WIN! Cirque du Soleil tickets
- 10:06 Opening date revealed for McDonald's in Matlock
- 10:06 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield