News from Todmorden News
Hebden Bridge Picture House has announced the launch of autism friendly screenings from July 2017, which aim to promote the cinema-going experience for people with autism, sensory sensitivity or a learning disability. The first two screenings, of Hampste
This year’s Happy Valley Pride features a jam-packed programme, with highlights including comedian Zoe Lyons, Bourgeois and Maurice and a Big Night Out with Honeyfeet. In only its second year, organisers of the event have put together a week-long festiva
Howarth Timber is throwing its weight behind a UK-wide search to find the next big thing in music. The company is backing Local Music Live, which aims to putt new talent on the air. Local Music Live brings together commercial and community stations – inc
Virgin Media is advising more than 800,000 customers with a specific router to change their password immediately after an investigation found hackers could gain access to it. Virgin Media said the risk to customers with a Super Hub 2 router was “small”,
FOUR men who attacked and robbed a teenager are being hunted by police. They targeted the 17-year-old youth on Headlands Street at Liversedge just after 10pm on Wednesday. Police said one of the men of them pulled the victim's T-shirt over his head and h
Cameras were rolling in the Calderdale again last week when film-makers returned to the area, this time to film a big-budget film about an infamous moment in British history. Award-winning director Mike Leigh is shooting a film about the Peterloo massacr
Here are the latest planning applications to appear before Calderdale Council. VALIDATED Single storey side extension and pitched roof to existing flat roof to rear (Lawful Development Certificate): New House, Pinfold Lane, Rastrick. Prune one tree (Tree
Friends of Walsden School promise fun, games and bacon butties at their summer fair at the school, Rochdale Road, Walsden, on Saturday, July 1, between 10am and noon. They are also looking for volunteers to help tend stalls, contact them through the grou
school pupils explored how to stay safe online when Konflux Theatre in Education visited with their “Play In A Day - Click Safe” production. Todmorden C of E School pupils experienced a full day learning a piece of drama, making it their own and then per
AWARD-WINNING jeweller Andrew Geoghegan is gest at a Hebden Bridge jeweller’s eighth annual designer event, which aims to help promote the work of the best craftsmen and women around. Andrew will be at Element Jewellery, which is in Market Street, from 1
ALLEZ! French Day is returning to West Yorkshire for a third year and this time around it takes place in Todmorden! The Golden Lion pub in Fielden Square, close to the town centre, is hosting the event which aims to give people the chance to experience F
There are calls for visitors to Gaddings Dam to be more considerate after scenes of “total bedlam” during the recent spell of hot weather. The Lumbutts beauty spot, often said to be Britain’s highest beach, is a huge pull for sun-seekers when temperature
Mill Bank village has been having a hoot this month as part of its annual Mill bank owl Hunt event, which has been raising money for a new classroom at the local primary school, St Mary’s. The theme this year was Around the World in 80 Owls, and the trai
Hundreds turned out to Arden Road Social Club to see local bands Crosscut Saw, the Tragics, Fez and LITTLEgiants play live at a fundraising gig for the Puzzle Hall Inn. The event was organised by the Friends of Puzzle Hall Inn community group, who are ra
Do you know any of these people? These CCTV images have been released by police in Calderdale of people they would like to speak to. CD445 is sought over a theft from a shop on June 2. CD446 is in connection with a theft from a shop on June 7. CD442 is i
- 21:50 Ray Wilkins blasts Rangers transfer business: They should have...
- 21:47 Fernando Alonso claims he should have won Azerbaijan Grand Prix for...
- 21:46 Manchester United target Gianluigi Donnarumma provides major update...
- 21:43 Man dead after reports of assault in Wakefield
- 21:41 Robin Goodfellow's racing tips: Best bets for Monday, June 26
- 21:40 Jamie Murray: Andy Murray wants to partner me in doubles at...
- 21:40 This is what to do if someone parks in front of your house
- 21:38 U.S.-backed Syrian groups take Raqqa district from Islamic State
- 21:38 Mick Delaney opens up on boxing community coming together after...
- 21:36 Man dead after reports of assault in Wakefield
- 21:34 PS4 news: PlayStation Plus July REVEAL, Elite Dangerous update, No...
- 21:33 England v South Africa: Dawid Malan shines on international debut...
- 21:31 Man dead after reports of assault in Wakefield
- 21:30 You could become Lord or Lady of the Manor if you buy this...
- 21:30 Doctor Who star Peal Mackie drops hint about Bill Potts’ future
- 21:29 South Shields toddler to take on one-mile run to support his brave...
- 21:29 Police chief says he understands why people thought Westgate Road...
- 21:29 The OC star Rachel Bilson is totally up for a reunion of the...
- 21:28 Man dead after reports of assault in Wakefield
- 21:28 Death rate at Countess of Chester maternity unit among highest in...
- 21:25 Seven-month-old baby dies in hot car after dad left him on backseat...
- 21:20 No, Banksy is not Massive Attack star Robert Del Naja
- 21:19 Cuts are piling extra pressure on my exhausted officers, says West...
- 21:19 Indian cricket captain calmly reads book while waiting to bat
- 21:18 Conservative activists hold muted rallies in Washington
- 21:15 Delays on A66 in Cumbria after crash
- 21:14 JK Rowling reveals there were TWO Harry Potters - this is why
- 21:14 Men can take away their partner's pain in childbirth by doing this...
- 21:14 Santander customers are now able to apply for mortgages via video chat
- 21:14 Urgent Snapchat warning issued to parents after Snap Map release