News from Todmorden News
0 Have your say Chart topping superstars Take That are to turn Sheffield Arena into a Wonderland with two dates announced on their 2017 UK tour. And for the first time ever, the band’s main stage will be in the centre of the arena floor, giving fans a un
October, we are told, is all about pies at Shibden Mill Inn. And head chef Darren Parkinson has been kind enough to give us the inside track on one of his restaurant favourites - Salt Beef Pie. The trick seems to be salting the diced brisket overnight wi
0 Have your say Given its long-held status as a Mecca for tourists, you might expect Scarborough to figure large in Yorkshire’s takeaway league table. But new figures reveal that Wakefield, Calderdale, Kirklees and Leeds are not far behind. The centres h
0 Have your say Temptation stars Heaven 17 will team up with Sex Pistols icon Glen Matlock for an electronic version of Pretty Vacant at a unique Sheffield homecoming gig and we have tickets to be won. The city's synth pop legends Heaven 17 - Martyn Ware
0 Have your say furious campaigners have said “gloves are off” in a fight to save Huddersfield Royal Infirmary after NHS bosses green-lit a plan to downgrade its A&E unit. A meeting of Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) for Calderdale and...
0 Have your say Head outside one evening this weekend and you may well see the annual Orionids meteor shower in Britain’s skies. Gaze upwards and – if the weather remains clear – you’ll be treated to up to 25 shooting stars an hour as the Earth intersect
A paedophile who travelled 170 miles from Halifax to Luton expecting to meet a 13-year-old girl for sex was jailed yesterday (Thursday) for two years and eight months. John Hanson, 55, had booked a hotel for sex with the underage girl who he believed was
0 Have your say Recaro Child Safety is offering a product replacement programme for its Recaro fix base, which can be used with the Optia child seat as well as the Privia infant carrier. The company has found that the hooks which connect the Recoro base
0 Have your say VALIDATED Prune three trees (Tree Preservation Order): Land Opposite Laurel Terrace, Stainland. Detached dwelling: Land Adjacent Heald Wall, Nook Cottage, Scammonden Road, Barkisland. Use of barn as part of house (Lawful Development Certi
0 Have your say With the spooky season fast approaching we want to see how you are celebrating. From magical witches and wizards to scary vampires and monsters we want to see your fancy dress efforts and pumpkin carving successes this Halloween. Send you
0 Have your say concerns have been raised over the potential closure of Todmorden’s Royal Mail delivery office. The issue came to light in July of last year when Royal Mail confirmed the move of the office, which currently operates at Rise Lane, was bein
Brilliant comedian Jimmy Carr kicks off eight days of laughter and fun at the Victoria Theatre tonight marking the start of the Halifax Comedy Festival. In its second year this event plays across eight quirky venues from the huge spaces at the Victoria T
The second Halifax Comedy Festival starts this evening in a blaze of glory as top comic Jimmy Carr walks out onto the Victoria Theatre stage. Then over the space of the next eight days no fewer than 30 plus events will take place at eight diverse venues
0 Have your say Health bosses have approved controversial plans to centralise hospital services in Halifax and Huddersfield. To shouts of “shame” from campaigners, a meeting of Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) for Calderdale and Greater Huddersfield
0 Have your say Final preparations are being made for the grand reopening of one of Halifax’s most iconic nightlife spots. The former Maine Street and Liquid club on Commercial Street, which recently closed its doors for a half a million pound revamp, wi
- 17:14 Michaelson Road Bridge reopens after day-long closure
- 17:13 How many more victims does this paedophile police officer have?
- 17:12 BMA calls for helpline for people addicted to prescription drugs
- 17:11 Graeme Souness slams Martin Atkinson for not sending Chelsea’s...
- 17:11 Grand opening of new exotic wildlife zoo is a roaring success
- 17:11 Dorothy wins award for a lifetime of work
- 17:10 Doncaster man in appeal for help to trace tools worth £15k stolen...
- 17:10 Police warning to town centre drinkers
- 17:09 Celtic Player Ratings: Scott Brown the hero during win against Rangers
- 17:06 'Pop up' stage performance arriving at Huddersfield Railway Station...
- 17:06 Burundi police question U.S. journalist, keep her fixer in custody
- 17:05 Busy Bees competes to create the best 'healthy biscuit' for...
- 17:01 Region’s MEP to stand for troubled UKIP’s leadership
- 17:00 Rangers fan, 11, rushed to hospital after being hit in head by...
- 16:59 Man savagely batters young mum after she asks him to stop smoking...
- 16:59 Burkina police kill jihadist in firefight in capital
- 16:58 Woman arrested as part of Notts historical abuse investigation is...
- 16:57 Rangers player ratings: Gary Ralston rates the Gers as Dembele...
- 16:57 Celtic player ratings: Gary Ralston rates the Hoops heroes as they...
- 16:57 Steve Dillon: Judge Dredd, Preacher and Punisher comic artist dies
- 16:56 Wrexham AFC 2 Bromley 1: How the players rated
- 16:55 Chelsea star David Luiz should have been sent off for awful...
- 16:55 Trolling? Eidur Gudjohnsen reminds Jose Mourinho of happier times...
- 16:53 Region’s MEP to stand for troubled UKIP’s leadership
- 16:52 Halloween events across Lancashire
- 16:51 Jail for Holywell man who stamped on girlfriend's face during drink...
- 16:50 Manchester United legend Peter Schmeichel accused of being...
- 16:50 Chile's president forgets to sign name at voting booth, leaves...
- 16:50 Could this finally signal the end for nuisance calls?
- 16:48 Two Derby County fans arrested after damage caused at Boy and...