News from The Week
MPs have called for Asma al-Assad, the wife of President Bashar al-Assad of Syria, to be stripped of her British citizenship. The Liberal Democrats say the 41-year-old, who was born in Acton, London, to Syrian parents, should stop defending her husband's
Theresa May has confirmed she intends to call a snap general election on 8 June, despite previously saying she would not go to the polls before 2020. The Prime Minister framed her apparent U-turn as an attempt to end "political gameplaying"...
Sterling has rebounded strongly to hit its highest level for four months following Theresa May's announcement of a snap general election. May's blamed her surprise decision, which came after months of repeatedly and strongly denying an election was in th
It goes by many names – California State Route 1, the Cabrillo Highway, even El Camino Real. But most who follow the long and often winding road along the westernmost fringe of the United States know it best as the Pacific Coast Highway. It's a drive as
Mercedes-AMG new recruit Valtteri Bottas says he is feeling confident after Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix, despite issues with tyre pressure dashing his hopes of F1 victory. Asked by Motorsport whether he feels more or less confident in his abilities at Me
It's the first of five restaurants from the Wright & Bell Company, whose name, borrowed from Sir Alexander Graham Bell and the Wright brothers, is a mark of its ambition. As is the Kitty Hawk, which fleshes out a grand old building near Liverpool...
Theresa May has announced she is holding a general election on 8 June – three years before the next one was due. In an "announcement that stunned Westminster," writes the Daily Telegraph, the Prime Minister held a press conference in front...
A nanny who looked after Madeleine McCann at Portugal's Praia da Luz has broken her ten-year silence to reveal what happened on the night the toddler went missing. The child minder, who has not been named, was working for travel firm Mark Warner at the O
It's official. After months of speculation, Chelsea have published a statement on their website confirming that John Terry will leave the club at the end of the season. Announcing the news, the Blues said they would "like to express our enormous...
I left home at the age of 17, with €300 in my pocket and a burning ambition. By the age of 29, I had five degrees in finance, a published book and was working as director of strategy for multi-asset funds, looking after about £2.2bn and an army of portfo
The Week takes a look at the stories grabbing the headlines in Tuesday's national papers Prince William and Prince Harry's campaign to remove the stigma around mental health dominates the front pages today, with the younger royal revealing he had seen a
Grand Hotel Tremezzo, Italy Located on the shores of Lake Como, the Grand Hotel Tremezzo oozes bygone charm and glamour. The palatial five-star hotel, once the retreat of choice for Hollywood siren Greta Garbo, has an ace up its sleeve in the form of not
From tents constructed in the deserts of north Africa by the Bedouins to the now-trendy yurts first used by nomads in central Asia, the concept of a home that can be taken with you from place to place is not a new one. And as the world faces challenges w
While brands often lean on the resources of other watchmakers to create their timepieces, few are as candid about it as Tudor. This year sees the result of a reciprocal agreement with Breitling that has allowed it to build on its own in-house expertise t
Crime drama Better Call Saul returns to Netflix this week for a new season - and the critics are still enamoured with it. Breaking Bad's hit spin-off follows the metamorphosis of small-time lawyer Jimmy McGill (Bob Odenkirk) into the fast-talking legal s
- 08:33 Fire crews called to fire at derelict building in Warwick
- 08:32 Sergio Ramos and Gerard Pique in dressing room incident after...
- 08:32 Kylian Mbappe will be playing for this club next season - Monaco chief
- 08:32 Transfer News: £120m Chelsea spree, Alexis Sanchez claim, La Liga...
- 08:32 Lionel Messi scores 500th Barcelona goal as Real Madrid beaten in...
- 08:31 Watch world-famous Flying Scotsman celebrate past, present and...
- 08:31 A19 at a standstill after seven vehicle crash
- 08:31 Decision day for Birchwood Leisure Centre £1m revamp
- 08:30 No-one is safe from cyber criminals warns leading security expert
- 08:30 Calderdale students are shown the horrors of the Holocaust
- 08:30 Missing girl, 12, found
- 08:30 Emerging markets could help lift German engineering this year
- 08:30 Missing Halifax girl found safe and well
- 08:28 Nine people ordered out of Notts town centre by police
- 08:28 Drink-driver filmed driving down M6 with just THREE wheels and...
- 08:27 Slaven Bilic believes he found perfect formula to stop Romelu Lukaku
- 08:27 Surfleet Neighbourhood Plan vision gets people’s vote
- 08:27 Watch world-famous Flying Scotsman celebrate past, present and...
- 08:27 YOUR VIEW: Complaint against MP was unfounded
- 08:26 Benefits cheat Chelsey Harwood continues to troll taxpayer after...
- 08:26 Garth Crooks: This Chelsea star has been a revelation under Antonio...
- 08:26 Europe's populist wave stalls as Macron storms into French runoff
- 08:26 MARKETS LIVE: London shares up 100 points after centrist Emmanuel...
- 08:26 Macron must win big now to have a chance of fulfilling pledges
- 08:26 GE17: No electronic voter registration for Northern Ireland
- 08:25 National Pet Month: Why dogs, their waggy tail and friendly woof...
- 08:25 Lloyds details steps to help boost business growth
- 08:24 NASA captures incredible image of Earth from 870 million miles away
- 08:24 Two young adults hospitalised after car found on its side in a field
- 08:23 Sergio Ramos complains about 'excessive' red card for tackle on...