News from The Sentinel
Staffordshire Police are asking members of the public to call for emergency medical help immediately if missing Joshua Smith is found. The 27-year-old was last seen at his home in Stone at around 7am on Tuesday, October 25. Officers initially launched an
A FIRE which ripped through a home leaving an elderly couple needing hospital treatment was sparked by clothes left drying by a gas heater. The garments set alight and resulted in a blaze which began in the conservatory of the Baddeley Green home and rea
TEENAGER Domitila Mwikali is on the lookout for sponsorship as she eyes landing top prize in a beauty pageant. The 17-year-old, of Fenton, has reached the Miss Grand International England finals, set to be held in June next year. Read more: VIDEO: Popula
Stoke City midfielder Joe Allen admits it was disappointing to come in for criticism for his lack of goals during his time at Liverpool. The Wales midfielder has been on a hot streak of goalscoring form for the Potters since his £13m summer move from Anf
The RSPCA has launched an appeal for information after a shopper kicked a pigeon to death in a town centre. The animal welfare charity was called to Tower Square yesterday after a woman saw a man walk out of a shop and kick the bird. Witnesses said the m
Olympic hero Joe Clarke will swap the water for the dancefloor when he struts his stuff to raise cash for charity. On Thursday the 23-year-old will begin training ready for a special edition of Strictly Come Dancing organised in support of Children in Ne
Cat owner Wendy Mountford believes her pets are being deliberately targeted - after her beloved felines were poisoned and shot. And the 50-year-old, of Biddulph, says she won't buy another cat due to fears that animal will also be attacked. The first inc
Police have closed one lane of the M6 northbound following an accident between junction 14 and Stafford Services. Emergency services were called to the scene at around 2.40pm this afternoon following reports of a collision on the motorway. It is unknown
Firefighters are tackling a blaze in the ground-floor of the derelict John Tams factory in Longton. Two crews from the town were called to the scene in the Strand at around 1.25pm this afternoon. On arrival the ground floor of the building was well-aligh
Police are appealing for help in finding missing 27-year-old Joshua Smith. Joshua was last seen at his home in Stone at about 7am yesterday. He is described as white, of thin build, 5ft 10ins, with blue eyes. He has light hair which is longer on top, a b
Frustrated motorists are facing long delays - and eight mile queues - after an accident on the M6 this morning. The accident is reported to be a collision involving a car and lorry. It happened on the M6 Northbound between Junction 18 A54 (Middlewich / H
Stoke City chalked up their 100th Premier League win with three points at Hull City. Captain Ryan Shawcross has played in more than half of those wins, under both Tony Pulis and now Mark Hughes, and spoke with a great sense of pride about the club reachi
Police discovered hundreds of cannabis plants in a former pot bank – after a keen-nosed passer-by smelt the aroma of the drugs coming from the building. One man was subsequently arrested and the force has now launched an investigation into the Longton dr
Asylum seeker Solomon Ogunleye obtained two forged British passports so he could find work. Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court heard how the Nigerian national had illegally gained entry to the UK between eight and 10 years ago after stowing away on a ship. He ha
Thug Benjamin Luby has been jailed after knocking out two women with single punches on a drink-fuelled night out. Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court heard how the 25-year-old became involved in 'loutish' behaviour with another reveller. They were outside a takea
- 01:59 'It's all over': James Packer 'DUMPS' fiancée Mariah Carey over...
- 01:59 'He's giving them out willy nilly': Candice left fuming as rival...
- 01:59 Brent crude oil dips below $50 on doubts OPEC can coordinate output...
- 01:55 REVIEW & VIDEO: Heaven 17 and BEF dazzle at Sheffield City Hall
- 01:54 David Moyes admits he deserved punishment for swearing at ref in...
- 01:52 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Thursday
- 01:51 Samsung operating profit plunges 30% in wake of Note 7 fiasco
- 01:47 Drive to reduce and reform police use of 'stop and search' powers
- 01:47 Labour pledges to update national curriculum to reflect LGBT issues
- 01:47 Candice Brown crowned Bake Off winner in last series before Channel...
- 01:47 Decline in species threatens 'global mass extinction of wildlife'
- 01:47 Surgeons should 'let patients choose' to avoid litigation, new...
- 01:47 Drop in number of EU students applying for UK university courses
- 01:47 Mission accomplished for Calais Jungle clearance, France says
- 01:44 Chris Evans and Nick Grimshaw both lose listeners
- 01:43 Bonfire Night firework events near Birmingham for 2016
- 01:39 Drop in number of EU students applying for UK university courses
- 01:39 UK car exports offset domestic drop in September output rise
- 01:32 Surgeons should 'let patients choose' to avoid litigation, new...
- 01:32 CBI in call to Government to increase public investment
- 01:32 Candice Brown crowned Bake Off winner in last series before Channel...
- 01:32 Mission accomplished for Calais Jungle clearance, France says
- 01:32 Drive to reduce and reform police use of 'stop and search' powers
- 01:32 Labour pledges to update national curriculum to reflect LGBT issues
- 01:32 Decline in species threatens 'global mass extinction of wildlife'
- 01:28 REVIEW: Justin Bieber wows fans in Sheffield
- 01:26 Drivers 'face rising insurance bills'
- 01:24 Wildlife populations plunge almost 60 percent since 1970 - WWF
- 01:23 CAR INSURANCE RIP OFF: Motorists face paying £82 MORE compared to...
- 01:19 David Moyes insists 'I deserved to be sent off' for swearing at...