News from The Sentinel
Good afternoon and welcome from Vale Park where the Valiants entertain MK Dons. Vale boss Michael Brown has described this game as the first of nine cup finals as his side try to get out of relegation trouble. Vale kick off two points adrift of safety bu
Grieving Michael Bird has told how he 'watched his mum die' after the 97-year-old passed away just 33 days after being robbed in her own home. Former Michelin office worker Elsie Bird was an avid Sentinel reader and Stoke City fan who was expected to liv
Drug user Victoria Williams was caught on CCTV allegedly begging in the city centre just hours before her body was discovered in an alleyway. Stunned restaurant workers found the 40-year-old mum off Gitana Street in a discovery which sparked a major poli
Discount retailer B&M is opening its second store in a town. Sixty jobs will be created with the opening of the new store at Congleton Retail Park. Staff including sales assistants, floor managers and cleaners are currently being recruited for the...
Stoke City could reluctantly listen to offers for Xherdan Shaqiri at the end of the season following his stop-start second campaign with the club. The 25 year-old winger is approaching a crossroads in his career after struggling to live up to his early p
Glenn Whelan was left with a nasty cut above his eye after being caught by Aaron Ramsey's stray boot during tonight's battle of the Celtic cousins in Dublin. Ramsey, no stranger to controversy where Stoke are concerned, raised his boot to try and control
Rough sleeper Christopher Barber robbed a shop worker as he walked to his taxi. The 30-year-old used a knife to prise open the doors at Asda, in Burslem, at 11pm after the shop had closed. He went inside, picked up a basket and began filling it with item
Gifted mathematician Dayton Hodgkiss turned to using heroin after a brain injury dashed his hopes of a teaching career. An inquest heard yesterday how the 34-year-old died in a Blurton flat from an overdose of the class A drug. His mother Angela Quinn de
Shoppers have been left stranded after the closure of yet another city post office. The Nik-Naks combined post office and convenience store at unit five in Dawlish Drive, Bentilee, will be closing on Monday. The shop will be located in unit one of the sa
Were you or anyone you know in Newcastle town centre last night? Our photographer was out and about taking pictures of people having a good time. We snapped pictures of people having a great time in the Ironmarket and elsewhere - so have a look at our vi
'Scared' shop assistant Alekhya Bolen has told how she was threatened by a knife-wielding robber at a city off-licence. The 24-year-old was stacking the shelves at Minton News, in Shelton, when a customer picked up a bottle of juice from a fridge. The ma
Motorists endured marathon delays after the M6 was shut for hours today. The motorway was closed between the Junction 15 Stoke-on-Trent exit at Hanchurch and Junction 14 at Creswell, near Stafford, after Highways England noticed defects on a bridge. The
When Stoke City won promotion to the Premier League in 2008, not many of their fans would have dared to dream that the Potters would still be a top-flight club a decade later. They certainly could never have imaged paying the same price for their season
Firefighters are attending a fire which is sending a column of smoke over a town this evening. Fire crews from Leek and Longton are tackling the blaze, which involves a shed, on Park Road in Leek. A Sentinel reader sent us this photograph of the ongoing
'Career criminal' Jason O'Connor has been jailed for 18 years after committing a string of robberies and burglaries. The 41-year-old pulled rings off the fingers of one 97-year-old victim and yanked a necklace from around her neck after entering her Tren
- 15:38 Manchester United’s Daley Blind linked with AS Roma transfer
- 15:38 Jose Mourinho reveals the real reason he was in Croatia amid Ivan...
- 15:38 Four Egyptian soldiers killed by explosion in Sinai
- 15:35 Boxing Junior Championships cancelled due to 'threat to life'
- 15:34 QUIZ Celebrate Elton John’s 70th by proving you know all the words...
- 15:33 Who is Manchester United transfer target Ivan Perisic?
- 15:33 How to buy Man City tickets: A guide on how to attend the team's...
- 15:33 Call for councils to ban sky lanterns and balloons in Lincolnshire...
- 15:32 Woman who voted for Trump upset to find her husband will be deported
- 15:32 When do the clocks go forward in 2017?
- 15:32 Choir hits right notes at UK final
- 15:30 Justice League movie TRAILER: Full explosive promo arrives in full...
- 15:30 Seamus Coleman injury: Everton boss Ronald Koeman speaks out on...
- 15:29 How to look after your mental health when you’re always on...
- 15:29 Brazil teacher changes hairstyle to support bullied girl
- 15:29 Air ambulance called after two car crash near Holmfirth
- 15:26 How Hull could soon blanket ban pavement parking
- 15:26 Hull FC player ratings and stats after win at Wigan Warriors
- 15:25 Arsene Wenger gives contract update and reveals future plans
- 15:25 EU leaders meet in Rome but growing Euroscepticism in Italy...
- 15:24 Police pounce on homes and a barge during drugs raids
- 15:22 CHOKING HAZARD: Products for teething babies recalled due to safety...
- 15:22 Don’t forget- the clocks go forward tomorrow
- 15:21 Life on the Farm column with Frances Graham
- 15:21 'I Am Still Me' - Moving photography exhibition shows people with...
- 15:20 Port Vale v MK Dons LIVE: Three changes for Vale
- 15:19 Woman injured in two-car crash in Leeds
- 15:19 Hundreds detained as Belarus struggles to quell protests
- 15:19 Two suspects under formal investigation over Paris airport attack
- 15:18 County Londonderry: Prisoner dies in custody at Magilligan Prison