News from The Sentinel
Police are appealing for sightings of a missing 15-year-old girl - because the youngster will not tell her mum where she has gone. Bethany McMullan has been in contact with her mother since leaving her Norton home on Friday. But her mum does not know whe
Three men arrested and bailed over a street fight must report back to the police next month. The three suspects were quizzed about the incident which left a 20-year-old man in hospital with facial injuries and a broken finger. The fight - which is believ
Geoff Cameron has been named as one of five players up for the award of United States male soccer player-of-the-year. Stoke's finest goes into battle with fellow nominees Jozy Altidore, Clint Dempsey, Bobby Wood and Michael Bradley for the prestigious aw
A fund-raising appeal is being considered to turn a village's closed-down pub into a community centre. The cash would be used to reopen the Norton Arms - which shut in April - as a community hub. It comes as Norton-le-Moors has seen its only pub, post of
A Stoke-on-Trent family has burdened the taxpayer with a million pound bill as services battle to deal with their chaotic lifestyle. John Woodhouse investigates how they racked up such a vast sum Some records are worth having. Others less so. Gaining nat
Supermarket giant ASDA have issued a recall on their Butcher's selection garlic and herb thin cut beef sizzle steak. The Walmart-owned U.S. retail giant operates multiple stores in Stoke and across Staffordshire. The retailer has taken the decision after
Former customers of a popular ice-cream man known as 'Mr Softee' are being asked to donate the cost of a 99 cone in his memory. Brian Reynolds, of Knypersley, operated his business around the Congleton area for more than 30 years before his sudden death
Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court has been evacuated this morning. Staff and visitors were escorted from the building at around 9.25am. The crown court, in Bethesda Street, Hanley, deals with the most serious criminal cases from North Staffordshire. Calls are i
Families on a housing estate near a popular beauty spot are calling for double-yellow lines to stop visitors using their roads as a car park. Residents in Botesworth Gardens and Cloughwood Way say visitors to Westport Lake are making their lives a misery
Retro gaming lovers will be able to get their hands on nostalgic consoles thanks to a businesswoman hoping to tour them around - on a double decker bus. Debbie Berriman, co-owner of fizzBus, has amassed 17 different types of retro games consoles ranging
Customers face a 12-mile round trip to do their banking – after it was revealed their town centre branch is to close. NatWest has announced it will be shutting its Alsager branch on May 31 as more people choose to set up online accounts. It means people
Banned driver Billy Davidson drove through red lights at speed as he tried to give police the slip. The 23-year-old sped off when police illuminated their blue lights. He drove at 60mph in 30mph zones before mounting the central reservation at Lime Kiln
Father-to-be James Gibney was traced through his DNA after a stolen 4X4 was spotted travelling the wrong way down the A500. The Land Rover Discovery was taken from an address in Cheshire and was seen in Stoke-on-Trent when police responded to reports of
Caring firefighters held a fund-raising Christmas market in memory of a colleague who died suddenly from an undiagnosed heart condition. They decided to stage the 'Stokie Christmas Market' at Hanley Fire Station after 47-year-old Mark Hancock passed away
Families are fighting plans to build houses on a site close to an 'accident blackspot'. A scheme has been drawn up to build four detached homes on land between Stone Boat Building Company and Chandlers Way in Stone. But residents living nearby say the de
- 12:09 Major Roman cavalry exhibition along Hadrian's Wall is announced
- 12:09 Derek Binnie: Worker wellbeing pays dividends
- 12:08 Mobile-phone based bank Number26 expands to 17 European markets
- 12:08 Council staff offered £500 to help recruit social workers
- 12:07 Motorist clocked racing at 126mph on the M181 near Scunthorpe
- 12:07 Toyota to expand hybrid system development to further cut emissions
- 12:06 Music review: RSNO - Verdi Requiem
- 12:06 Music review: Scottish Chamber Orchestra
- 12:06 Album reviews: The Rolling Stones | Peter Doherty | Jools Holland
- 12:05 Thousands of Charter Savings Bank customers are warned their...
- 12:05 Motorists experiencing huge delays on A590 between Greenodd and...
- 12:04 South Tyneside theatre celebrates ‘takeover’ by young artists
- 12:04 New apprentice driving towards bright future after being taken on...
- 12:04 Tottenham Expected XI: Pochettino to give youth a chance in his...
- 12:04 This Chelsea loanee could become the next Frank Rijkaard - former...
- 12:04 Chelsea drama could repeat itself if Jose Mourinho doesn’t do this...
- 12:03 Top European wedding award for Woodhall Spa venue
- 12:03 Your fiver could be worth £50,000 if it has this amazing tiny...
- 12:03 Disability event in Woodhall Spa
- 12:03 Extraordinary meeting over plans to extend Raunds business park
- 12:03 Haul of samurai swords, knife, cash and jewellery stolen from...
- 12:02 Hartlepool sisters win Pop Act of the Year
- 12:01 City estate agency expands team
- 12:01 Injured swan causing delays on M1
- 12:01 VIDEO: ‘Diamond shaped UFOs’ spotted ‘colliding’ in Derbyshire
- 12:01 Four Dales leisure centres to be outsourced
- 12:01 Quad bike stolen from Derbyshire farm
- 11:58 Twenty seasons on, despite Jurgen Klopp and a host of superstar...
- 11:58 Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea set for...
- 11:57 Doncaster Rovers fanzine is named country's number one at...