News from The Sentinel
A crash on the A50 last night has left a motorist in hospital. Emergency services were called to the Eastbound stretch of the A50 at Tean Lays just before 11pm after a Lexus GS left the carriageway. Police have confirmed that the driver is now in a serio
Mum-of-three Susie Gleave falsely claimed more than £51,000 worth of benefits – despite living with her partner. The 43-year-old made claims for income support on the grounds she was an unemployed single parent with dependent children. And she also claim
Supermarket giant Lidl has revealed it is to close a town store before building a new one nearby. The German food retailer wants to replace its current branch on The Strand, Longton, with a new 1,424 sq m Lidl on the former Somerfield site in Spring Gard
Two struggling city centre nightclubs have been sold – because 'Hanley has become a no-go area' in the evening. Disco Bars Group – which runs six venues in the Midlands and North West – has off-loaded both The Beach and Gossip. It comes after owner Pete
Peter Crouch hopes it will be a case of him and Saido Berahino rather than one or the other as he bids to recapture the kind of partnership he enjoyed with Jermain Defoe. Mark Hughes has hinted he might look at using two up front as he tries to get the b
Port Vale caretaker manager Michael Brown is hoping to add another striker to his squad as he prepares for Saturday's game at second-placed Scunthorpe. Brown is looking at a number of targets in different areas, and is being heavily linked with Macclesfi
Police chased Goldenhill traveller across fields before his body was found in reservoir 5 days later
A police officer has told of how he chased an uninsured car over muddy fields – before the driver's body was found in a nearby reservoir days later. PC Alistair Robinson pursued traveller Ethol Price, of Linehouses, Goldenhill, after spotting a 'suspicio
Shoppers are celebrating after an Argos store opened in their town. The new branch within Biddulph's Sainsbury's supermarket means customers no longer have to travel to Congleton, Tunstall or Hanley to pick up Argos products. The digital store stocks a l
Pensioner Richard Montague told a waitress she was 'gorgeous' before forcibly kissing her during a function at Stoke City's bet365 Stadium. The 65-year-old repeatedly told his victim she had 'lovely lips' before grabbing her and pushing his tongue in her
We have reports the A50 is closed following an accident this evening. The A50 Eastbound is closed due to a crash which has taken place between the A521 Blythe Bridge Roundabout / Draycot) and A522 (Uttoxeter/ Upper Tean) – according to traffic monitoring
Saido Berahino isn't just a talent, stressed Tony Scholes as he discussed a signing he was finally able to complete after a year of mind games and manoeuvring with West Brom, he's a young talent. The £12m forward comes in at 23, the same age as Giannelli
The body of gardener Ethol Price was submerged in a reservoir for days before being discovered by his frantic family, an inquest heard. The 44-year-old traveller, from Linehouses caravan site, in Goldenhill, was found standing in around five feet of wate
Police have today moved to reassure residents as a man remains in hospital with stab wounds following a mass street brawl. Around 20 youths are understood to have been involved in the fighting in Market Place, Burslem, during the early hours of the morni
Motorists are being advised to take extra care on the roads as 'freezing fog' is set to hit the area overnight. The Met Office has issued a Yellow Severe Weather Warning for fog across Stoke-on-Trent, North Staffordshire and areas of South Cheshire. A sp
Hundreds of people in the Potteries are using an online streaming service to watch live sporting events and films that are still in the cinema. Philip Cullinane explores the legality and morality surrounding the issue. If you are trying to watch a Premie
- 07:02 Why much loved tree could be set for reprieve after all
- 06:58 Live: Breaking news from Liverpool and Merseyside Tuesday January 24
- 06:58 Stan Wawrinka storms into Australian Open semi-finals after fiery...
- 06:57 Edgar House in Chester named Europe's most romantic hotel
- 06:55 Transfer News: Hart to Chelsea, Man Utd deal sanctioned, shock...
- 06:54 Horse riders say they’re dicing with death because of speeding drivers
- 06:54 Union claims South Tyneside schools face £4million-plus funding...
- 06:54 Motorists react with anger to advertising sign
- 06:53 Council planning notices
- 06:53 Woman pulled from house blaze in Northumberland
- 06:53 Tottenham eye international star... his agent was in London for talks
- 06:52 Update: Driver in 'serious condition' in hospital after crash on A50
- 06:50 Liverpool open talks with highly-rated playmaker: Jurgen Klopp's a...
- 06:50 Drink-driver claimed driving instructor told her she could have...
- 06:48 SAP nudges up multi-year outlook after posting in-line 2016 results
- 06:48 Flights cancelled at Heathrow for second day amid fog
- 06:45 Liam Kennedy’s match analysis: Wintery gloom lifted at the Vic as...
- 06:45 Leader comment: No books not necessarily bad
- 06:45 Paris Gourtsoyannis: 200 years on, and still seeking truth
- 06:45 Leader comment: May’s industrial strategy offers little fresh hope
- 06:43 It is time to find out where MSPs stand over government cuts
- 06:43 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte stalling on transfer decision: He's...
- 06:43 Chelsea Transfer News: Shock Newcastle swoop, January deal...
- 06:42 West Midlands United - all mayoral candidates link in support of...
- 06:42 Why much loved tree could be set for reprieve after all
- 06:42 Birmingham shop comes under fire for selling replica weapons and...
- 06:42 Aston Villa: 'How thick is Ross McCormack?' - Chris Sutton slams...
- 06:39 Rap video stuntman shot dead by prop gun with 'no bullets' in...
- 06:37 David Moyes reveals what he’s told Adnan Januzaj in bid to win over...
- 06:37 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...