News from Tamworth Herald
WARWICKSHIRE Police is appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision on the M42. The incident happened on the southbound carriageway of the M42 between Junctions 8 and 7A at around 2.30pm on Monday (March 27) involving two vehicles. READ MORE: Heav
The new 12-sided £1 coin has now become legal tender. But what is it, what does it look like, and when will you need to spend your old £1 coins by? The new was designed by a teenager from Walsall and can be used in shops from Tuesday, March 28. And the T
A MAN has died following an accident on a busy Midlands motorway. West Midlands Ambulance Service said it was called to reports of a car which had left the carriageway shortly after 2.30pm on the southbound carriageway of the M42 between Junctions 8 (for
MOTORISTS are being urged to avoid using the M42 motorway this evening after a collision between a car and van. The incident happened near junction 7A today (March 27) at 2.30pm, resulting in the southbound carriageway being closed between junction 9 and
WATCH mothers help break a world record with the most contributions to a bulletin board: MOTHERS have helped achieved a new Guinness World Record after more than 1,000 of people from across Tamworth came together to write a special message to their mum.
POLICE officers in Tamworth were involved in a vehicle pursuit after thieves attempted to break into three vans. On Sunday evening (March 26) there were three break-in attempts within the Stonydelph area - one in Lothersdale and the other two in Goldsbor
TAMWORTH boss Andy Morrell says hosting a match between a National League representative side and the British Army will give the club the chance to earn some kudos. Morrell will take charge of a National League side for the game at The Lamb on March 29.
TRIBUTES have been pouring in for Measham's 'beautiful angel' Charlie Round. The much-loved three-year-old, who captured the hearts of the community, tragically died on Friday, March 24. A post on superhero Charlie's Facebook page 'Charlie Round - My fig
TAMWORTH Borough Council has issued a notice to a large number of travellers currently using one of the town's main public car parks. The group, who have visited the town before, are believed to have arrived within the last 72 hours. READ MORE: Stop slat
A STONYDELPH woman has made a desperate plea after her phone was stolen from a local supermarket. The resident, who did not want to be named, has been left devastated after leaving her phone – which contains cherished images of family members – in a trol
TAMWORTH gymnast Ellesse Oates secured a magnificent sixth place in the women's all-around competition at the British Gymnastics Championships last weekend. Competing at Liverpool's Echo Arena, Oates, who represents Park Wrekin, scored 50.550 points in a
CBeebies Land at Alton Towers is always a great day out if you have young children – and now it's even better following the addition of two new attractions to the park. The 2017 season has kicked off with an extension to their impressive line-up of ride
Tamworth went down to a gut-wrenching defeat away at fellow play-off chasers Stockport County. And the loss was a bitter pill to take for boss Andy Morrell as his side were a goal to the good after a Ross Dyer strike on the half hour. Coming off the back
Stockport County 2, Tamworth 1 Tamworth succumbed to a second half double at Stockport County where they failed to build on Ross Dyer's opener. It took a while for the game to come to life and it was the visitors who had the first effort of the match whe
A TAMWORTH dance group has blown away competition from across the country by winning a record-breaking 97 trophies at the UK Street Dance Challenge. Members of the NRG Dance Crew strutted their stuff at the competition to come away with silverware and me
- 11:18 Site recycled for good of community
- 11:18 ‘Childish’ teen raids those caring for him
- 11:17 Google Home to be launched in UK in April
- 11:18 Leicestershire MP Andrew Bridgen 'sorry' for not declaring £1.89m...
- 11:17 BREAKING: Body of woman recovered from Leeds Roundhay Park lake
- 11:17 LIVES: Donate your ‘round pounds’ to us!
- 11:17 Highest earning managers in football: You won’t believe how much...
- 11:16 Upheaval in finance markets as 'Trump Trade' boost vanishes
- 11:15 Huge Poundland and Pep&Co set for this Derby retail park
- 11:15 Man rescued from scaffolding in Carlisle
- 11:14 Renno’s Brig eye place in semi-finals of League Cup
- 11:14 Man, 72, killed after hit by train near Ketton
- 11:14 Marine 'A' Alexander Blackman jailed for seven years but could be...
- 11:13 The new £1 coin is released today - but here's why you won't get...
- 11:13 Live: Amateur theatre performer mown down and killed 'following...
- 11:13 Marine 'A' Alexander Blackman jailed for seven years but could be...
- 11:13 What is Google Home, and how does it compare with Amazon’s Echo?
- 11:13 Payments company Square launches in the UK
- 11:13 Barclays in talks to sell Zimbabwe bank to Malawi's First Merchant...
- 11:13 Colourful fun in aid of essential hospice funds
- 11:13 ‘It is not all about make-up and swimwear’
- 11:12 WARNING - choking hazard on potentially DEADLY toddler Primark...
- 11:12 Former Garstang journalist creates waves with first book
- 11:11 See inside new Newcastle four star hotel at the site of the former...
- 11:11 CCTV appeal after spate of bank card thefts from 'drunk and...
- 11:11 Video: Could you be the right person to help monitor cells at West...
- 11:11 Three young children taken to hospital after severe fire at house...
- 11:10 Man City's injured star Gabriel Jesus visits the Brazil squad to...
- 11:10 LIVES: Donate your ‘round pounds’ to us!
- 11:10 New Zealanders will open up their homes to British and Irish Lions...