News from Tamworth Herald
TAMWORTH Police are urging motorists to be on their guard after 17 vans and cars were broken into in the town in the last two weeks. The thefts are said to have happened at various locations across the town, but no further details are available on any in
OFFICERS from Tamworth Local Policing Team are appealing for information after two cars were set alight in the same street. The first incident occurred at around 10.50pm on Sunday, October 16 when offenders set fire to a white Peugeot RCZ, which was park
POOR old spare room. It spends most of the year as an understudy to other 'headlining' living areas, and never seems to get the chance to take centre stage – waiting in the wings, hankering to be filled with something more exciting than household junk. B
IS THIS the most compelling evidence yet of a big cat stalking the countryside around Tamworth? A dog walker has captured footage of what he claims is a 'jet black' big cat skulking through a field near Tamworth. The striking video, taken in Piccadilly,
NORTH Warwickshire's MP Craig Tracey has pledged his support to the fight to keep vital hospital services at the George Eliot after leaked plans could maternity, A and E and children's services axed. The Conservative MP has concerns with the proposals to
Tamworth have completed the signing of Burton Albion midfield player Ben Fox on an initial one month loan,. The 18-year-old has progressed through the Burton Albion Academy, and is highly rated by Brewers Boss Nigel Clough, who handed the youngster his d
HUNDREDS of shoppers braved freezing temperatures this morning to get a glimpse of Tamworth's new Aldi store. The new supermarket in Glascote Road opened at 8am - but some shoppers were there extra early - with the first customer arriving at 2am! The kee
DETECTIVES have arrested a man after a police officer was seriously injured on the A5. The 30-year-old man, from Leicester, was arrested this morning (Thursday, December 1) in connection with the incident and remains in custody for questioning. At around
A WOMAN had to be cut free following a two-car smash in Tamworth today (December 1). The incident, which happened at around 11pm on the A5 eastbound, caused serve traffic delays – with reported queues of up to 45 minutes. A spokesperson for Staffordshire
MUMS-to-be across North Warwickshire could be forced to travel an extra 30 minutes to have their baby under shocking secret plans to close the maternity unit at the George Eliot Hospital. In a leaked document, known as the Coventry and Warwickshire 'Sust
A sadistic Dordon nursery owner has pleaded guilty to four counts of child cruelty, mistreating some of the youngsters in her care, with behaviour a judge said 'went out in the Dark Ages.' But despite her conduct towards children as young as one, Christi
"THE worst performance of the season" was how Bolehall Swifts boss Joe Obi assessed his side's galling defeat to Hinckley AFC. Despite only one point separating hosts Bolehall and their Leicestershire visitors on Saturday afternoon, Hinckley...
RESURGENT Tamworth RFC face back-to-back fierce challenges as they aim to follow up their fantastic away win at Veseyans. Firstly, the Wigginton Road side travel to Silhillians, in the fourth round of the Midlands Intermediate Cup on Saturday. Hosts Sill
PHOTOS have been issued following a horrific drama where a policeman was seriously hurt after he stopped a stolen lorry - and the offender carjacked an unsuspecting driver. The incident happened at 6.15pm on Tuesday (November 29) when the police officer
TAMWORTH athlete Ellis Cross hopes even bigger things are to come after landing the biggest achievement of his career so far. The 20-year-old finished just one second ahead of the chasing pack to gain the fourth and final automatic spot on the Great Brit
- 06:45 Man City won't be able to play their usual way because of this...
- 06:45 Liverpool at Christmas - a fantastic festive weekend break
- 06:44 Liverpool at Christmas - a fantastic festive weekend break
- 06:40 Chapecoense plane crash: Team's home town gathers for memorial service
- 06:38 MP John Bercow defends his taxpayer spend on clothing
- 06:35 Minibus licence loophole puts people at risk - LGA
- 06:33 OPEC to meet non-OPEC producers on Dec. 10 in Vienna - sources
- 06:33 Thieves swipe games from disabled children
- 06:32 Former Man City and Chelsea man: This is the most likely result at...
- 06:29 Another record-breaking year for Wellingborough’s Poppy Appeal
- 06:29 Historic Wollaston shoe firm to open first factory shop
- 06:29 Corby thief known to security guard as ‘DVD man’ must ‘buckle up’...
- 06:29 Leader comment: Talk of sea change in public opinion is fanciful
- 06:29 Future Fit: Call for delay over legal action in Shropshire A&E row
- 06:28 Derbyshire driver Keith Mees who was sending Facebook messages...
- 06:25 What's the best Christmas film of all time?
- 06:25 Hartlepool United’s players warned they must shape up or face being...
- 06:25 Police trying to trace Hartlepool man missing from home
- 06:25 Furious Rafa Benitez hits out at ‘clever’ Henri Lansbury after...
- 06:23 South Korean president Park Geun-Hye faces IMPEACHMENT vote...
- 06:22 Grieving Brazilian town receives bodies of soccer crash victims
- 06:19 Court dates for three men after hare coursing in Pode Hole
- 06:18 Pampering pays off for old pals
- 06:18 Sponsors highlight success of businesses in the county
- 06:12 Dever’s set for the Italian job
- 06:10 Pothole funding boost could be the answer to Burton road woes
- 06:10 WATCH: Flood-hit Occupation Lane in Woodville to be closed for two...
- 06:07 Council set to access more competitive water market
- 06:07 North Lincolnshire Council’s adult social care service among the...
- 05:59 Arsenal plot January raid on relegation-threatened West Ham for...