News from Tamworth Herald
Commuters and visitors to Tamworth Railway Station were left concerned after armed police officers were spotted in the area. People took to social media earlier today (Monday, September 18) after spotting the specially-trained officers at the Victoria Ro
A woman was taken to hospital after a crash outside a fast food restaurant near Sutton Coldfield. The woman was driving a Volvo 4x4 when it hit the central reservation on the A446 London Road by Bassetts Pole and collided with a bollard. An ambulance and
TAMWORTH FC's academy side are in action on Monday night as they host Leek in the FA Youth Cup at The Lamb. And first-team boss Andy Morrell has urged the squad to go and make a name for themselves in the 7.45pm kick-off. "There's an opportunity...
Tamworth light-heavyweight Ryan Hatton made the perfect start to his professional career – producing a one-punch knock-out at the Copper Box Arena in East London. The 21 year old blasted out late sub Jake Davies in the third round of a scheduled four wit
Stafford Rangers 1 (Reid 63) Tamworth 0 Izak Reid's second-half header earned Stafford Rangers a shock FA Cup win over Tamworth. Rangers, who reached the third qualifying round for the first time in ten years, edge drab first half, Dan Westwood firing wi
HEATHER St John's boss Simon Lyons has heaped praise on his attacking talent after a "rollercoaster" win in the FA Vase. Heather raced into a lead but didn't let their heads drop when they were pegged back and eventually fell behind 3-2....
FAMILY, friends and colleagues of a well-known Tamworth councillor have paid tribute to a 'true gentleman and great servant to the people'. Councillor Peter Seekings, who served as a Labour borough councillor for the Bolehall ward, died on September 9, w
'AMBITIOUS leadership' was among the many positives highlighted in the latest Ofsted inspection for an improving Tamworth primary school. The Kingsbury Primary School received a glowing report from the government watchdog which gave the Bromage Avenue pl
THE leader of Tamworth Borough Council says that free parking is not the 'magic wand to all the issues' after a petition was launched by residents. Councillor Danny Cook has responded to the petition – which was set up by Tamworth resident Brian Kenney i
A DEVASTATED mum from Tamworth says that she is considering removing a memorial for her dead son after vandals have struck again. Denise Rogers was shocked when she and her children visited the memorial site in Whittington of her 21-year-old son Josh Owe
DETAILED plans for a huge industrial warehouse that will create more than 1,500 jobs in Tamworth have been submitted to council chiefs. National developer St Modwen has submitted a detailed planning application for the first phase of development at its 3
TAMWORTH'S famous clown Bibbledy Bob has thrown a bucket of cold water over concerns about Hollywood's latest scary movie. The new blockbuster 'It' – based on the novel by Stephen King and featuring the evil clown Pennywise – hit box offices worldwide re
STEPHAN Morley admitted Tamworth's players were buzzing after their 2-1 win over Kidderminster Harriers. Goals from Darryl Knights and Bradley Reid sealed an impressive win to catapult the Lambs to fifth in the table. And Morley said the result was sweet
Medics scrambled to a cycle path in Tamworth after a biker fell off their bike. Crews from the West Midlands Ambulance Service – including the Midlands Air Ambulance from Tatenhill – swooped on Malham Road following reports that a biker had fallen at aro
DAN Jezeph says he is determined to make the most of his opportunity should he start in Saturday's FA Cup clash at Stafford Rangers. The Lambs keeper is expected to replace loan stopper Shaun Rowley as Shrewsbury don't want him cup-tied. Jezeph, a former
- 00:07 How plastic became a victim of its own success
- 00:07 How jeans giant Levi Strauss got its mojo back
- 00:07 Labour to offer some women earlier retirement option
- 00:07 Gender pay gap widens for managers
- 00:07 Labour will allow women hit by state pension age changes to retire...
- 00:06 World of entertainment joins the NFL as they #taketheknee and defy...
- 00:06 Gaz Beadle gets new inking dedicated to his unborn child after...
- 00:02 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Ten million tune in for hottest opening...
- 00:02 EastEnders spoilers: James Willmott-Brown to KILL Kathy Beale in...
- 00:01 Kane able to be ‘one of the world’s best strikers’
- 00:01 Harry Leslie Smith: We can do it again
- 00:01 Sane shows his worth as City dominate at home
- 00:01 Blades boss gets birthday present in Steel City derby
- 00:01 Magpies denied a point by Seagulls
- 00:01 The state is closing its ranks on spycops
- 00:01 The secret state is the real threat to democracy
- 00:01 You can’t be a pessimist and a socialist
- 00:01 Corbyn makes correct EU call
- 00:01 North Korea: Pyongyang stages anti-US rally amid mud-slinging
- 00:01 South Africa: Communists condemn loss of 2,000 gold mining jobs
- 00:01 Women ‘too frightened to travel at night’
- 00:01 Big Issue’s Bird wants renters to get credit
- 00:01 DPAC aims to raise cash for UC training
- 23:55 Paris Saint-Germain offer Edinson Cavani stunning cash bonus to...
- 23:54 On The Road: The family-run club that's changing the old football...
- 23:54 Best and worst of the Laver Cup: Roger Federer emerges as only...
- 23:54 Mike Browne is the soldier turned golfer out to reach the top on...
- 23:54 Shakhtar Donetsk captain Darijo Srna to miss Manchester City clash...
- 23:52 Tennessee church shooting halted by 'extraordinarily brave' usher
- 23:50 West Brom boss Tony Pulis happy with Kieran Gibbs and believes...