News from Tameside Advertiser
The bomb squad were called in after a replica grenade left in a donation bag sparked an alert at a charity shop. The drama unfolded at the Barnardo’s branch on Ashton Retail Park at around 11am this morning (Wednesday). Staff were unpacking bags donated
Bomb disposal officers have been called to a charity shop in Ashton after reports of a suspicious item. Officers were called to Barnardos at Ashton Retail Park at around 11am on Wednesday. Bomb disposal officers are on their way to the scene. Inspector P
Watch: This is how a disabled man's mum had to carry him down stairs - because the care home lift wasn't...
This shocking video shows how a disabled man had to be CARRIED up and down two flights of stairs because of a broken lift in a care home - which wasn't fixed for more than a week. David Clayton was just one of those unable to leave his home, at Lomas Cou
A man has died in hospital after taking a potent new form of the drug MDMA. The 26-year-old man, from Rochdale, was rushed to hospital after taking the drug but later died. A total of 11 people have been taken to hospital after taking the drug, known loc
Fire safety checks are being carried out on 420 high rise blocks across Greater Manchester, the M.E.N can reveal. Of those about 175 are operated by housing associations or management companies on behalf of local authorities. Social housing providers are
A couple whose nine-week-old puppy was stolen from their home by knife-wielding thugs are appealing for their ‘baby’ to be returned. Karla Lockwood and Logan Roberts were woken when three masked men kicked in their door and began ransacking their house i
A house in Tameside raided by police remains cordoned off after a stash of guns and possible explosives were discovered. Officers forced entry to the house on Newton Hall Road in Hyde and said they found ‘a large number of guns, ammunition’ - and what is
A stash of guns and an ‘explosive device’ were discovered by police who raided a house in Hyde. Officers swooped on the property on Monday morning and remained at the scene, on Newton Hall Road, through the day. Bomb disposal officers were also called. G
Two women broke into an elderly man’s house and brutally tortured him for FOUR hours as they drank his booze. Megan Stafford and Amy Squires kicked, stabbed and tried to suffocate their terrified 78-year-old victim with a plastic bag during a nightmare o
More than half of the people taking the British citizenship test in Oldham failed last year - one of the highest proportions in the country. Exclusive figures obtained under Freedom of Information laws show a total of 552 people took the test in Oldham i
Greater Manchester is basking in glorious sunshine this weekend - and lots of people will be thinking about cracking out the barbecue. But can you take a barbecue to your local park? Temperatures are set to reach 30C, with plenty of sunshine throughout S
The 'professional burglar' with a taste for other people's cars ... and his accomplice who was caught in a...
A 'professional burglar' ransacked family homes across Greater Manchester in a £150,000 spree. Samuel Irving Hunter helped himself to luxury cars, wedding rings and memory sticks containing irreplaceable photographs in a series of break-ins. Targeting ho
This image shows damage to a vast stretch of moorland in Tameside following a huge blaze. The fire spread four-acres on land near Carrbrook in Stalybridge on Wednesday night. The aerial photograph, taken by Manchester Fire and Rescue Service, shows how t
A little girl seriously injured in the Manchester Arena attack was paid a special visit at her home by Manchester City star Vincent Kompany and his wife. Jaden Farrell-Mann, 10, who was seriously injured in the bombing on May 22 , was surprised by the Bl
A predator who lured a teenage girl into his car before taking her home and sexually exploiting her has been jailed. Kyle Lees also took indecent images of the underage girl, who was missing from home at the time. The 29-year-old first spotted the youngs
- 01:31 Housing bid on Preston farm site rejected
- 01:27 Harrogate to be central hub for 2019 UCI Road World Championships
- 01:25 The 20 most expensive transfers of the 2017 summer window so far...
- 01:25 Arsenal transfer blow: Bids for Alexandre Lacazette and Thomas...
- 01:25 Newcastle in talks with Liverpool for winger Sheyi Ojo
- 01:24 Call for free prescriptions for long-term ill
- 01:18 Rise in poorer students dropping out of university
- 01:14 Anne Kennedy: Give us our money Mrs May – nurses can no longer stay...
- 01:14 Leeds wins £3.4m grant to tackle homelessness
- 01:11 BREAKING: At least one injured after EXPLOSION tears through US...
- 01:09 UK CO2 and energy costs 'set to rise'
- 01:08 Wakely warns Northants of Leicestershire’s final-day threat
- 01:08 Saints, Cobblers and Steelbacks to battle it out at fun day
- 01:03 Five surprising findings from British Social Attitudes survey
- 00:56 North Korea in fresh war threat as Kim vows to brush aside UN...
- 00:53 Jayne Dowle: Clearing the air a decade on from the smoking ban
- 00:53 Greg Wright: Get a grip on runaway credit or we face a second crash
- 00:53 Anne Kennedy: Give us our money Mrs May – nurses can no longer stay...
- 00:49 Will YOUR next party have its own Snapchat geofilter? App now lets...
- 00:49 The Avebury stone SQUARE: Mysterious monument built nearly 3,000...
- 00:49 The dance of the supermassive black holes: Groundbreaking discovery...
- 00:49 The phone that doesn't need a battery and gets its power from the AIR
- 00:49 The REAL spider superhero: Thumbnail-sized arachnid shoots an...
- 00:45 ‘Patients with long term conditions cutting down on prescriptions...
- 00:45 Sudden ‘income shock’ forcing cash-strapped households to turn to...
- 00:45 Work could start on former Kellingley site by 2019
- 00:45 More students are dropping out of university early, figures show
- 00:45 Anne Kennedy: Nurses have had enough – we need to be heard
- 00:43 Tesco plans to axe 1,200 jobs as it ramps up its cost-cutting drive
- 00:40 Ocado demos driverless delivery van in London