News from Sunday Sun
These are the thrilled faces of the lucky couple who’ve won our dream bespoke wedding . Bride-to-be Sarah Dawson, 44, said she “couldn’t believe it” when she was told she and her fiancé Darren Baldwin had nabbed the enviable prize. The pair, from Great P
Newcastle United’s managing director arrested as part of an Anglo-French investigation into suspected tax fraud in football has been released without charge. Lee Charnley was arrested on Wednesday as officers from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) searched h
Sunderland City Council cabinet met on Wednesday afternoon to formally green light a number of key decisions. Schools, housing and a surprise Star Wars reference all cropped up. Here are five things you need to know about what the council is up to. 1. Pr
A manhunt is under way after a snatch and grab robbery in Gateshead. The robbery happened at around 2.35pm on Wednesday when a man burst into Crookhill News and demanded the shopkeeper hand over cash from their till. The culprit is believed to be in his
A dark cloud has been cast over Newcastle United’s promotion celebrations, after a tax raid on the club. Just two days after the Magpies glorious 4-1 defeat of Preston North End HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) officers raided St James’ Park. Officers were
Has a wintry week left you in need of some sunshine? Ryanair has announced £9.99 flights from Newcastle Airport - plus an extension to routes already proving popular with Geordies. The budget airline will also launch two new winter routes giving holidaym
Toon fans have spotted HMRC officers leaving St James’ Park following tax raids. Around half a dozen investigators wearing HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) branded clothing were seen at the ground at around 9.40am on Wednesday. It comes as several men have
A Newcastle widow who has fought for justice for victims of the NHS contaminated blood scandal has welcomed claims in Parliament that victims were used as “guinea pigs” and that evidence was deliberately covered up. Labour’s Andy Burnham said “criminal a
After Newcastle United became caught up in a HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) tax fraud probe, we look at the rules surrounding points deductions in the English Football League. HMRC officials were seen at the club’s training ground in Benton and at St Jame
HMRC officers have been seen at a house in Gosforth as several men are arrested in connection with a tax fraud investigation. Inspectors wearing HM Revenue and Customes (HMRC) branded clothing were seen leaving the house just before 11.30am on Wednesday.
Newcastle United’s football ground has been raided and several men working in the football industry have been arrested as part of a tax probe, HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) said. Officials swooped on club premises in the early hours of Wednesday. The new
Newcastle United has been raided in connection with an HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) probe. Officers searched club premises in connection with an international investigation into football clubs’ transfer dealings. Both West Ham’s London Stadium and St Ja
North East universities are continuing to rise up national rankings. Durham University has maintained its place as the sixth best university in the country, according to The Complete University guide 2018. The guide ranks 140 UK universities on a number
Ministers will be asked to explain why North East schools face funding cuts, in a House of Commons debate. Sharon Hodgson, MP for Washington and Sunderland West, has secured a debate on school cuts in the North East. It follows claims that schools across
It was almost two years in the making, but has the £30m Morpeth Northern bypass made a difference? Three weeks after the improvement scheme finished, we’ve asked drivers their views on the completed project. The 3.8km bypass runs from Whorral Bank rounda
- 04:28 U.S., South Korea agree THAAD deployment going smoothly - South Korea
- 04:28 South Korea, U.S. warn of punishment for North Korea; U.S. stresses...
- 04:27 Chinese troops along North Korean border ‘on HIGH ALERT’ amid fears...
- 04:19 Jayne Dowle: Why we’re failing to help pupils reach for the stars
- 04:18 Horse Racing Tips April 27: Beverley, Chelmsford City, Market...
- 04:15 Conor McGregor's manager reveals why Floyd Mayweather fight is...
- 04:08 Orgreave files: Government urged to consider release
- 04:04 Paraguay MPs reject amendment allowing president re-election
- 04:01 Hummus be joking! UK in meltdown over dip shortage
- 03:59 Derbyshire hoping to improve record against Durham
- 03:58 Digital ad spend jumps 22 percent to $72.5 billion in 2016: report
- 03:54 Oil prices fall on lingering oversupply concerns
- 03:54 Chinese banks, brokers eye robo advice for edge on competition
- 03:50 Nikkei gives back some gains, BOJ awaited
- 03:45 Filming of Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead in JEOPARDY over...
- 03:36 Neil McNicholas: Calling the useless quangos to account
- 03:28 Hummus shortage leaves North East middle classes in dip disarray
- 03:25 Israel seeks U.S. backing to avert permanent Iran foothold in Syria
- 03:25 Brazil lawmakers pass labour bill in bittersweet victory for Temer
- 03:24 Ex-Rangers owner Sir David Murray says he had 'no relationship'...
- 03:21 South Korea raises 2017 export outlook, April shipments seen surging
- 03:14 Inquiry into renewable heat incentive scheme to convene
- 03:14 Abuse reports must be taken seriously, says charity after Alice...
- 03:14 Bradley Lowery returns to hospital as mother reveals his...
- 03:14 Court to consider Government's delay on revealing air pollution plan
- 03:02 'My vision is like looking through a straw'
- 03:02 At what age do you feel you have reached adulthood?
- 02:57 North Korea vows to ‘BREAK the Earth’ with ‘5 MILLION nuclear...
- 02:54 Does Le Pen have a chance of winning French presidency?
- 02:54 First Americans claim sparks controversy