News from Stratford Herald
WHEN the police raided teacher Frank Swales’s home he rushed to the bathroom to try to flush a USB stick containing indecent images of children down the toilet. Swales was then involved in a violent struggle with officers before they managed to force his
A RARE and valuable wooden model of Noah’s Ark which went under the hammer at a recent toy auction in Stratford sold for £1,600. The toy, which dates back to the 1860s, is a hand-carved model of Noah’s Ark and is complete with wooden animals. Adrian Rath
STRATFORD AC’s Andrew Pozzi continued his perfect start to the season at Saturday’s IAAF World Indoor Tour meeting in Germany. Pozzi won the 60m hurdles in Karlsruhe in 7.44 seconds – the fastest time in the world this year and third fastest in British h
THE University of Warwick is investigating ways of developing its Wellesbourne campus around the theme of innovation. A spokesperson for the college confirmed that whilst there are no specific plans currently in place to build at the site, the university
STRATFORD Town are in danger of being drawn into a relegation fight after defeat to struggling Cirencester at the DCS Stadium. Town’s miserable run of form continued as they were beaten 1-0 thanks to Alan Griffin’s scrambled effort 12 minutes from time.
WORK is almost complete on a new apartment block on one of the main roads into Stratford-upon-Avon that offer homes at below-market rents for so-called key workers. Fordham House is a development of 82 private rent apartments on the corner of Birmingham
THE Fred Theatre Company bring a modern Macbeth to Stratford next week, 6th and 7th February at the Bear Pit Theatre. Here Robert Ball tells Herald arts about the production he directs. Why Macbeth? When did the idea to put it on come about? “A few month
IT proved to be a soup-er Saturday in Henley when free soup and hot drinks were handed out to passers-by during the annual Henley Churches Together event outside St John’s Parish Church on High Street. Despite the wintery weather on Saturday, 21st Januar
STRATFORD snooker player Stuart Watson is setting his sights high in the English Association of Snooker and Billiards Amateur Tour. Watson, aged 40, who practises at Stratford Sports Club in Swans Nest Lane, currently sits top of the table in the EASB Ma
A STRATFORD-UPON-AVON woman who was the first woman ever to be appointed director for the British Council of a country has died. Oonagh Michaeliones, MBE, passed away peacefully on 22nd January, aged 93. She had lived in Stratford for the last 30 years h
- 11:47 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:46 Model who dangled 1,000ft off Dubai skyscraper investigated by police
- 11:46 My journey to Miss Bikini Body: Dressing the part is motivating me...
- 11:45 Manchester City target Lionel Messi in £100m deal as superstar's...
- 11:44 Manchester United vs Reading U23s LIVE score and goal updates
- 11:43 Is this the best job in Lincoln? Game testers wanted!
- 11:42 Coventry woman caught carrying three kitchen knives in a public...
- 11:40 Part of M1 closed between J26 and J25 near Derby due to incident
- 11:40 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:40 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:39 Chelsea are a better team when Antonio Conte picks Cesc Fabregas,...
- 11:39 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Bad weather puts a dampener on weekly Bakewell market
- 11:38 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:38 WASPI CAMPAIGN: 1950s women demand action on pensions
- 11:36 Man United News: Woodward’s £1bn plan for Mourinho, £30m Arsenal...
- 11:34 Police to review 484 cases after criminal probe launched at...
- 11:34 This Bicester style village is coming to the Midlands - here's what...
- 11:34 Jordan Veretout: Midfielder on his Aston Villa future and Steve...
- 11:32 Unravelling tales about Edith
- 11:32 The first ever Muslim-friendly ‘modest’ fashion show is taking...
- 11:31 Flooded church reopens its doors to worshippers
- 11:31 Pensioner fighting for life in hospital after being hit by a taxi
- 11:30 COLUMN: How does your chippy measure up?
- 11:30 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:30 Nottingham's Jazzie Mattis progresses to BBC's Let It Shine final
- 11:30 John Terry reveals what inspired Chelsea’s FA Cup win… it’s all to...
- 11:30 Beeston's Hannah lands role working for celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay
- 11:29 Ken Loach hits out at Government as he collects Bafta for North...