News from Stratford Herald
Peter Buckroyd reviews The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged), The Attic Theatre, playing until 11th June HAVING seen this show when it opened in London in a large proscenium theatre 30 years ago I was fascinated to see whether it now seeme
Preston Witts looks ahead to this year’s Longborough Festival Opera THE increasingly prestigious Longborough Festival Opera gets under way with its 2017 season today (Thursday), with a revival of its highly-acclaimed 2015 production of Richard Wagner’s T
THE OVO Energy Women’s Tour returns to Warwickshire today, Friday, taking in large swathes of the Stratford-on-Avon district. Stage three of the five-stage race begins in Atherstone in north Warwickshire, with the riders expected to cross the finish line
WARWICK and Leamington was number 68 on Labour’s target list. The constituency covers both towns, as well as the villages of Sherbourne, Barford, Wasperton, Norton Lindsey and Hatton. And after a term and a half in Conservative hands of Chris White, ther
NADHIM Zahawi has been re-elected as MP for Stratford-upon-Avon securing 33,657 votes in Thursday’s General Election.It turned out to be a comfortable victory for Mr Zahawi who has been Stratford’s MP since 2010. His closest rival was Labour’s Jeff Kenne
CONSERVATIVE candidate Nadhim Zahawi has been re-elected as Stratford-upon-Avon MP. VOTE RESULTS: Nadhim Zahawi (Cons) – 33,657 Jeff Kenner (Lab) – 11,699 Elizabeth Adams (Lib Dem) – 6,357 Dominic Giles (Green Party) – 1,345 Jandy Spurway (Independent) –
TURNOUT for Stratford and district voters was 74 per cent, two per cent more than 2015. Tonight 72,572 people have voted locally, that figure was 53,707 in 2015. No appearance as yet at the counting hall from Stratford MP Nadhim Zahawi (Cons) who won 22,
VOTE counting is well underway in Stratford-upon-Avon Leisure Centre as national exit polls suggest Prime Minister Theresa May’s early election gamble might be on shaky ground. The Stratford Herald is on site and reporting the action – live – as it happe
STRATFORD stages a double-header of jumping this weekend, with tomorrow’s hunter chase meeting the highlight of the season for followers of racing between the flags, writes David Hucker. For the first time, the popular Friday evening fixture will be dedi
A MAN drove his Dodge Charger that was made to look like an American police car at high speed down the M42 and M40, swerving from lane to lane. Richard John Rippon’s antics were reported to police after he came into contact with another car near to junct
Drama of an unexpected kind occurred at the RSC’s The Other Place, during a performance of The Earthworks when the lead actress was taken ill ten minutes into the play. The RSC press office told the Herald: “Ten minutes into last night’s performance of T
ONE man was taken to hospital with cuts to his arm after a two-car crash in Clifford Chambers earlier today, Thursday. It happened at around midday opposite the Old Pump House. Police and paramedics were called to the scene. The driver of one of the vehi
STRATFORD-UPON-AVON School has announced the election results of its recent head girl and boy elections. The candidates underwent a gruelling selection process before campaigning for votes. Elected as head boy was Ronan Woods, head girl is Georgie Huxley
PUPILS and staff from St Gregory’s Primary School in Stratford-upon-Avon were keeping fit and getting active with a sponsored Moveathon held recently which raised £1,490. The school joined forces with Stratford gym Anytime Fitness and dance school Just D
THERE will be road closures across the district tomorrow, Friday, when the 2017 Women’s Tour passes through the county. Stage three of the five-stage tour will start at 10am in Atherstone in north Warwickshire with the first riders expected to cross the
- 08:03 Safety concerns as Carlisle road cracks in heat
- 08:02 Mao Kobayashi: Japanese cancer blogger dies at 34
- 08:02 Angry bouncing man rips his shirt off and starts a brawl at Ascot
- 08:01 Have your say on the state of Derbyshire’s roads
- 08:01 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:01 Kirklees Council to commemorate mass killing
- 08:01 Pound to euro exchange rate: Sterling climbs BACK after Theresa...
- 08:00 Mohamed Salah: First snaps of the new Liverpool signing with his...
- 08:00 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:59 Swansong concert for Kinder Children’s Choir’s stalwart musical...
- 07:59 Blyth gran trapped in Greek hospital after quad bike crash could be...
- 07:59 Man in Sheffield hospital with serious injuries after pub brawl
- 07:59 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry, Warwickshire and...
- 07:58 Aston Villa and John Terry: A comprehensive look at the story so...
- 07:58 Toshiba estimates bigger loss for past year on Westinghouse, lawsuits
- 07:58 Italy - Factors to watch on June 23
- 07:58 South African parliament opposes calls to change central bank mandate
- 07:57 13 Premier League players who could miss the start of the season...
- 07:57 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:56 East Neuk’s De Profundis digs deep to celebrate the mining heritage...
- 07:56 Kylian Mbappe to Arsenal: Exodus to help fund move with striker...
- 07:56 Terminally ill South Shore woman dies after dream wedding
- 07:56 Man left with serious injuries after alleged assault at Staveley pub
- 07:56 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:55 Watchdog clamps down on online gambling
- 07:55 Pupils scoop silver at Gardener’s World
- 07:55 Radio station to host hospice charity’s business club
- 07:55 Martin Flanagan: Chancellor tries to ease Brexit concerns
- 07:53 Germans' purchasing power grows at slowest pace in more than three...
- 07:53 Video: Johnny Depp jokes about Donald Trump assassination