News from Stratford Herald
STRATFORD Town boss Carl Adams admitted his team “ran out of legs” in the second half of Monday’s Evo-Stik Southern League Premier Division defeat at Cinderford. Town went into the game off the back of a five-game unbeaten run, but they slipped to a 2-1
HENLEY’S Mat Jackson bemoaned the “shambolic” driving standards in the British Touring Car Championship after being caught up in a number of incidents at Donington Park last weekend. The Motorbase driver went into the event hoping to bounce back from a t
THE long-term future of the famous Robert Dover’s Cotswold Olimpick Games will be discussed at a meeting tonight, Tuesday. It takes place at the Lygon Arms in Chipping Campden, at 7.30pm, and is open to anyone. The Games, which draw thousands of people t
THE resting place of four members of the Royal Warwickshire Regiment has finally been marked more than 100 years after they gave their lives for their country. New headstones were dedicated to Lance Corporal James Thomas Spencer, Private Joseph Turton Cl
STRATFORD Town slipped to a disappointing 2-1 defeat to basement boys Cinderford Town at the Causeway on Monday, writes Bryan Hale. But the result was overshadowed by a serious knee injury to Cinderford left-back James Bloom halfway through the second ha
SOUL band Kinky Farnham will headline this year’s Stratford River Festival, it was announced this week. The popular funk and soul band is just one of a host of acts who will play for the crowds that are expected to descend on Stratford when the award-win
WARWICKSHIRE slumped to their second successive County Championship defeat of the season, losing to Yorkshire by an innings and 88 runs at Edgbaston. The home side, trailing by 203 on first innings, resumed on 85 for nine and last pair Jeetan Patel and O
THE popular Kineton Music Festival takes place for the fifth year in June. Around 1,500 music lovers are expected to descend on Kineton Sports and Social Club on Saturday, 17th June. Ten bands have been confirmed on the line up so far, including Abba Chi
ALCESTER Town finished their season with a 3-1 defeat to Montpellier at Brewers Lane on Saturday. Danny Janes’ side took the lead through Robbie Davies, but Montpellier levelled before the break before adding two more in the second half. The result sees
WELLESBOURNE CE Primary School’s year six football team have been crowned the best team in Warwickshire. In October, the boys took part in a Stratford District tournament, which they won after beating Willows School in the final. They followed it up in J
A SURVEY has put Warwickshire within the top ten of the most equal places in the country for wellbeing. The findings have been published by an organisation that carried out research to determine how wellbeing varies within the UK. Warwickshire is placed
IT was doubles all round at Stratford’s first evening meeting of the 2017 season on Saturday, as trainer Warren Greatrex, together with jockeys Mikey Hamill and Trevor Whelan, had two winners apiece across the six-race card, writes David Hucker. Although
A NEW zombie horror series that’s been two years in the making was finally unveiled to a local audience last night, Saturday. Dead at The Gates, the pilot episode of Patient Zero, was screened at a special premiere in Alcester, the town which acted as th
ON-SONG Stratford Town made it four wins from five games as they secured an emphatic 4-1 victory over Kettering Town at the DCS Stadium on Saturday. Former Kettering midfielder Will Grocott returned to haunt his former club, providing two assists before
MEMBERS of Patient Participation Groups (PPGs) from GP surgeries across Stratford and south Warwickshire are being urged to join forces to help identify common experiences and issues affecting health and social care services across their area. The call c
- 10:40 These are the four new names added to Tyneside 'Walk of Fame' -...
- 10:38 Ukip Leader Paul Nuttall will stand in Boston and Skegness in...
- 10:37 Ed Sheeran sends special video message to four-year-old Melton girl...
- 10:36 Tamworth FC looking for a winning send-off
- 10:36 Teenage girl raped in Northumberland park
- 10:35 Tour de Yorkshire: Day Two live blog
- 10:35 Bayern muscle in on Barcelona and Real Madrid target as agent...
- 10:35 Loads of people are having sex in airports instead of on planes
- 10:33 Travel: The ten best beaches in Scotland
- 10:33 Travel: Glamping in an eco-friendly den in west Wales
- 10:33 Travel: the adventurer who rowed across the Mediterranean
- 10:32 Ex-Emmerdale actress Roxanne Pallett on beauty secrets
- 10:31 These are Steve Bruce's main contenders for Aston Villa's player of...
- 10:31 Blackburn Rovers vs Aston Villa TV details: Who is in the teams?...
- 10:31 West Brom vs Leicester City TV details: What time is kick-off? Who...
- 10:30 Man City star's comments could spark huge swap deal - and it's bad...
- 10:29 Incredible Edible: Going ‘edimental’ along the canal
- 10:28 Father of three wins legal fight against British Airways as the...
- 10:28 EXCLUSIVE: Sure beats a tent! Bella Hadid relaxes in bikini in...
- 10:28 Wonderful Wales! Rolling valleys, magnificent castles and...
- 10:28 Police are trying to trace men in connection with attempted bank...
- 10:27 Bank holiday misery for drivers as A1 is closed
- 10:26 48-year-old man stabbed to death on bus named
- 10:26 Man due in court over fatal stabbing in east London
- 10:26 Hundreds seeking compensation over ops by convicted breast surgeon
- 10:26 Theresa May commits to delivering HS2 rail link
- 10:25 CCTV of moment sex attacker stalked victim hours before marrying...
- 10:25 Bar flouts food safety laws by selling cheaper version of spirit
- 10:25 The Nostalgia Column with Margaret Watson
- 10:24 Teens jump 20ft from window to escape armed intruder who planned to...