News from Stratford Herald
HERALD photographer Mark Williamson covered FC Stratford’s Midland League Division Three clash against Coventrians on Saturday. Daniel Kirby, Freddy Murphy, Dean Poulson, Jay Tilbury and Ashley Wilkes were all on target as Stratford claimed a 5-3 win at
Without naming him, a young transgender woman blamed her boyfriend and co-defendant for the sadistic killing of Bethany Hill, describing him to the police as ‘pure f***ing evil.’ A jury at Warwick Crown Court heard that Kayleigh Woods made the comment du
Stratford-on-Avon District Council has been awarded the Disability Confident Employer standard. To achieve this standard the District Council has shown a commitment to support and promote disabled people in the workplace. This includes: Ensuring our recr
FOR the second successive season, Stratford Town exited the Southern League Challenge Cup after coming out second best in a penalty shoot-out, writes Bryan Hale. Last time it was Hitchin, who proved more clinical from the spot and on Tuesday evening at K
HERALD photographer Mark Williamson covered Alcester’s Midlands 4 West (South) clash against Bromyard on Saturday. Alcester kicked off the new year in the best possible fashion as they replaced the league leaders at the top of the table with a superb 27-
THE Aviva Women’s Cycling Tour provided a healthy boost to the local economy when stage two of last year’s five-stage race passed through Stratford and other parts of the county. Stratford hosted the finishing line as the top female cyclists who rode the
THE Beckhams could be moving to a £5 million country barn in The Cotswolds at Chipping Norton. David and Victoria are thought to have bought a Grade II-listed barn conversion in the heart of countryside which has become a hot favourite for other supersta
A MAN has received trauma care for serious injuries after his car overturned and collided with a tree. West Midlands Ambulance Service was called to the northbound A46 in Warwick, near to the junction with the A4177, at 6.15pm last night (Monday) and sen
STRATFORD Town manager Carl Adams has urged his team to be more ruthless in front of goal. Town spurned a number of scoring opportunities in Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at Hitchin and Adams will be hoping they can find their clinical edge in Tuesday night’s So
WARWICKSHIRE residents are being urged to have their say and get involved in shaping the future of Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service by giving their views on its draft Integrated Risk Management Plan (IRMP) for the years 2017 to 2020. Since April 2003
ASHLEY Giles and Jim Troughton have set out their vision for the next era of Warwickshire cricket. The Bears are looking to the future under the two men who have a background of success, having been involved as players and coaches in the winning of numer
A MAN who started life as an engineering apprentice is the new president of the Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce. John Nollett has a deep-rooted background in manufacturing and engineering in the region, having begun his career with Rugby-ba
A MEETING will take place this Friday to discuss ongoing problems with travellers. The talks between police, all six councils in Warwickshire, and MPs from across the county come in the aftermath of the problems in south Warwickshire over Christmas. They
A Barbie doll owned by a young transgender woman accused of taking part in the sadistic killing of Bethany Hill had been bound with tape and had its hair painted pink. But although that is said to have been similar to Beth’s hair-colouring, a jury has be
ALL lanes of the motorway are now open following a two vehicle collision on the M40 this morning. The collision took place shortly after 7.30am on the southbound stretch of the road between junction 13 and the Warwick Services. It involved a silver Audi
- 17:38 Wayne Rooney: What it means to me to break Sir Bobby Charlton's record
- 17:37 Dogs ‘tag team’ king cobra when he accidentally slithers into...
- 17:37 Search launched in Eskdale for missing man
- 17:35 DIY SOS-style makeover helps couple in need
- 17:34 Wayne Rooney breaks record to salvage point for poor Manchester...
- 17:34 Has Wayne Rooney fulfilled his potential at Manchester United?
- 17:34 Jose Mourinho: Wayne Rooney is now a Manchester United legend
- 17:33 Kilmarnock 0 Hamilton 1 as Accies pick up their first win in 12...
- 17:33 Stoke 1-1 Man United: Five things we learned as Wayne Rooney breaks...
- 17:32 Michael Moore goes on bizarre rant as ONE MILLION Donald Trump...
- 17:31 Chester 1 Wrexham AFC 1: Dragons forced to settle for point in...
- 17:31 New football academy will offer practical training and study in Oakham
- 17:30 Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney is Premier League’s all-time...
- 17:29 Dons edge Cobblers in eight-goal thriller as Edinburgh starts with...
- 17:28 Strippers in thongs fight off topless man in club brawl
- 17:28 Lush features gay couples in Valentine’s ad and it’s super cute
- 17:27 What cobblers! Angela Merkel snubs Donald Trump's inauguration to...
- 17:27 Saudi migrant 'murdered Catholic pensioner for beliefs then left...
- 17:27 Swiss teenager saved by heroic trio after being sexually assaulted...
- 17:27 Big Interview: Glen Chapple
- 17:27 What's that smell? Firefighters called out to 'chemical' incident
- 17:26 FILM REVIEW: Assassin’s Creed
- 17:24 Lack lustre demand at Bakewell market
- 17:23 Poundland fined after gnawed chocolate and rodent droppings found...
- 17:23 Is £1 shampoo just as good as the £40 top-of-the-range stuff
- 17:23 Manchester United explain why Marcos Rojo isn't in squad vs Stoke City
- 17:23 Wayne Rooney is Manchester United's all time top goal scorer
- 17:23 Bus station: "Lost a cucumber? Lettuce know..."
- 17:22 Women's March: Thousands hit UK streets to join global movement...
- 17:22 College hosts foreign languages seminar