News from Stratford Herald
The developers of Stratford’s new £30million Bell Court site have admitted that the project is running behind schedule. UK and European Investments say the delays will not significantly affect the opening date, but the date by which the completed units w
HERALD photographer Mark Williamson covered Stratford Town’s Evo-Stik Southern League Premier Division clash against Cirencester Town on Saturday. Town’s miserable run of form continued as they were beaten 1-0 thanks to Alan Griffin’s scrambled effort 12
A CAR that was involved in a hit and run that left a police officer needing hospital treatment has been found abandoned in Bidford-on-Avon. The West Mercia Police officer was taken to Evesham Community Hospital earlier today, Tuesday, with minor injuries
A targeted operation tackling drug and violent crime in Stratford resulting in 30 arrests has been hailed a success. Speaking to the Herald this week, Warwickshire Police said Operation Deerbolt, which has deliberately been kept low key, was launched in
STUDLEY Bearcats’ American flag football team starred on BBC’s Breakfast programme on Saturday to highlight the growing interest in the sport. On the same weekend that the New England Patriots produced the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history to beat
Hackers targeted the website of Warwickshire County Council at the weekend, defacing content on the site. The council’s news site as well as a number of other mini-sites fell victim to the hackers, but the authority insists that no customer, financial or
Residents are being reminded about the importance of online safety as part of a special event involving Warwickshire County Council and Warwickshire Police. Organisations across the country are taking part in Safer Internet Day 2017 today (7th February),
Moreton Morrell Parish Council claim they are being blackmailed into supporting a new housing development by Warwickshire College, or risk losing a popular children’s recreational area.The council say the health and wellbeing of children in the village i
A MAN who stole £16,000 of jewellery from a house in the tiny village of Shotteswell has been jailed for two years. Shaun Carey, aged 34, had been at the property between 12th and 14th August last year to carry out some cleaning work, but stole a number
KIEREN Westwood has left Stratford Town to join Evo-Stik Northern Premier League outfit Stourbridge. The left-back’s departure could not have come at a worse time for Town, who are in danger of being drawn into a relegation scrap following Saturday’s def
HOT on the heels of Liam Francis chalking up his 100th Town appearance, it was the turn of Guy Clark to achieve the same feat when he lined up against the Centurions of Cirencester Town on Saturday, writes Bryan Hale. The popular defender had been recrui
STRATFORD Literary Festival celebrates its 10th anniversary festival with a bumper offering for children and young people. Last week the Herald exclusively revealed the stellar writers and celebrity figures coming to the main event — which includes Mary
An amazing evening of top entertainment was on offer for those lucky enough to attend the King Edward School VI (KES) House Drama Performances last Monday. Each year the four school houses put on a short drama, which they devise and work on by themselves
WARWICKSHIRE Police has re-launched its Stop Rape Now campaign, after developing its latest phase, “CNOSENT, don’t mix it up”. This new phase is targeting young adults and focusing on encouraging an open discussion about consent. The aim is to inform and
STRATFORD under-11s continued their excellent progress this season when they welcomed Barkers Butts to Pearcecroft. Depleted in numbers, they were nonetheless skilful and sizeable with abrasive runners and tacklers aplenty. The convincing victory was tes
- 11:47 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:46 Model who dangled 1,000ft off Dubai skyscraper investigated by police
- 11:46 My journey to Miss Bikini Body: Dressing the part is motivating me...
- 11:45 Manchester City target Lionel Messi in £100m deal as superstar's...
- 11:44 Manchester United vs Reading U23s LIVE score and goal updates
- 11:43 Is this the best job in Lincoln? Game testers wanted!
- 11:42 Coventry woman caught carrying three kitchen knives in a public...
- 11:40 Part of M1 closed between J26 and J25 near Derby due to incident
- 11:40 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:40 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:39 Chelsea are a better team when Antonio Conte picks Cesc Fabregas,...
- 11:39 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Bad weather puts a dampener on weekly Bakewell market
- 11:38 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:38 WASPI CAMPAIGN: 1950s women demand action on pensions
- 11:36 Man United News: Woodward’s £1bn plan for Mourinho, £30m Arsenal...
- 11:34 Police to review 484 cases after criminal probe launched at...
- 11:34 This Bicester style village is coming to the Midlands - here's what...
- 11:34 Jordan Veretout: Midfielder on his Aston Villa future and Steve...
- 11:32 Unravelling tales about Edith
- 11:32 The first ever Muslim-friendly ‘modest’ fashion show is taking...
- 11:31 Flooded church reopens its doors to worshippers
- 11:31 Pensioner fighting for life in hospital after being hit by a taxi
- 11:30 COLUMN: How does your chippy measure up?
- 11:30 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:30 Nottingham's Jazzie Mattis progresses to BBC's Let It Shine final
- 11:30 John Terry reveals what inspired Chelsea’s FA Cup win… it’s all to...
- 11:30 Beeston's Hannah lands role working for celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay
- 11:29 Ken Loach hits out at Government as he collects Bafta for North...