News from Stratford Herald
To coincide with the Royal Shakespeare Company’s forthcoming Rome Season a new exhibition of political cartoons opens at the theatre on Saturday. Draw New Mischief at the theatre’s PACCAR Room celebrates 250 years of Shakespeare and political cartoons, a
THE finishing touches to a £280,000 winter makeover of South Stratford Canal are nearing completion. Work on the picturesque Stratford Canal is part of a programme which has seen lock gates replaced and historic brickwork restored. The works are being ca
ANOTHER group of headteachers have written to parents warning them of impending cuts to their budgets. The letter — sent out on Friday — is signed by the headteachers and chairs of governors of the Kineton Learning Community Schools. They are Ettington,
THE rain and drizzle did little to dampen the spirits of the crowd at the Warwickshire Air Ambulance Countryside Day, writes Georgina Fuller. It took place on Sunday at Warwick Racecourse, and was the second year in a row Warwick has supported the ambula
STRATFORD moved up to fourth in Midlands 1 West after picking up a hard-earned bonus point at title-chasing Bournville on Saturday. The Black and Whites travelled to Birmingham with a heavily depleted squad as a significant number of players were unavail
RANKED top ten nationally in The Times listings, and with nine Oxbridge offers, Stratford Girls’ Grammar School has a lot to celebrate. Emma Bell, head of sixth form, said: “We are always truly proud of the diversity of talents amongst our sixth form, an
THERE was a big crowd to see in the new jumps season at a sunny Stratford on Monday and they had plenty to cheer about as the well-fancied Midnight Maestro landed the feature race on the Sky Bet sponsored card in some style, writes David Hucker. The £15,
THE man who has been heading up the Stratford Transport Strategy has resigned from his role. Cllr Robert Vaudry was Stratford-on-Avon District Council’s cabinet member for housing and infrastructure. But it emerged last Thursday that he had resigned and
THE Warwickshire County Council elections take place on Thursday 4th May across the whole of Warwickshire. Following a review by the Local Government Boundary Commission, there will be 57 County Councillors elected, 13 of which will represent electoral d
SHOCKING revelations of dogs fouling in Holy Trinity Churchyard which owners don’t pick up have been reported to Stratford Town Council. Town councillors attending a recent general purposes committee meeting were told by the cemetery foreman, Tony Holt,
ALCESTER Town bowed out of the Challenge Vase after they were swept aside 3-0 by Midland League Division Three leaders NKF Burbage at Stratford Road. Danny Janes’ side went into the game missing five key players and they paid the price against their Leic
WITH eight winners in the last two weeks, Herefordshire trainer Venetia Williams has her horses in good form and she continued her winning ways with a treble at Warwick’s Air Ambulance Countryside Day on Sunday, writes David Hucker. Few were fancied in t
FC STRATFORD’S hopes of playing at Walsall’s Banks’s Stadium have been left in tatters after they were expelled from the Les James Challenge Cup on Sunday. The side that beat Redditch Borough on penalties in the semi-finals of the competition on Saturday
LOCAL people of all ages pledged their allegiance towards a lasting legacy against litter louts. In a series of displays of solidarity across the district, residents armed with sacks and litter pickers waged a concerted campaign against rubbish in hedger
BRITISH hurdling legend Colin Jackson has backed Stratford’s Andrew Pozzi to break his indoor 60m world record. The 24-year-old ended five years of injury hell when he claimed gold in the 60m hurdles at the European Indoor Championships in Belgrade last
- 05:52 Touching moment little girl thanks armed police in Hull city centre...
- 05:52 Hull City need to go for it against West Ham and start Oumar Niasse...
- 05:52 Hull City's Brian Lenihan ready for long awaited return to action
- 05:52 Hull's EYG secures three capital deals worth more than £3.5m
- 05:52 Woman's harrowing story of life as Hessle Road prostitute in Hull
- 05:52 Ticket release date for Radio 1's Big Weekend 2017 in Hull announced
- 05:51 Emergency boss drafted in as Leeds incinerator misses recycling...
- 05:46 JEREMY CROSS COLUMN: Gareth Southgate making a mockery of England's...
- 05:46 Form 696: Concern over 'racist' police form to be raised
- 05:42 Everton star Romelu Lukaku has proven he can be the main man -...
- 05:41 The Birmingham REP celebrates International Women's Day
- 05:41 Designs unveiled for new £4m Digbeth music school
- 05:41 Star City casino could make a return
- 05:39 Maddy Prior brings talent to Moira's National Forest Folk Club
- 05:38 Horrific story of child sex fiend who wasn't prosecuted, leaving...
- 05:38 Plain-clothed Leicestershire police cyclists to catch dangerous...
- 05:38 Victim of serial paedophile waited 30 years for justice after...
- 05:37 BREAKING: Schoolchildren feared dead after avalanche strikes...
- 05:32 Chelsea star N’Golo Kante: These three deserve Player of the Year...
- 05:32 Graeme Souness: This is who will finish in the top four
- 05:30 Coast Road cycle route: How is the cycleway being improved and how...
- 05:30 North Shields Fish Quay to get new apartments and shops under new...
- 05:28 Unseen Danny Dyer footage and other exciting reasons to visit Who...
- 05:28 It's easy and 8 other myths about teaching busted as 200 new...
- 05:25 Honda faces long haul to recoup jet costs
- 05:25 China Southern in talks over American Airlines tie-up
- 05:23 Manchester United news and transfer rumours LIVE Antoine Griezmann...
- 05:22 Hong Kong leader-elect pledges smooth transfer of power amid divisions
- 05:19 Tottenham ace Harry Winks reveals how he plans to use England U21...
- 05:18 Ever wondered how you can stop receiving junk mail?