News from Stratford Herald
FOUR new appointments have been made at Avonvale Veterinary Centres — including one very familiar face. Anita White, who retired from her role as senior vet at Avonvale two years ago, has returned to work at the group’s Stratford and Leamington surgeries
WARWICKSHIRE Police is supporting National Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness Day today, Saturday, 18th March. Officers are raising awareness of child sexual exploitation (CSE) by supporting the #HelpingHands #CSEDay 17 campaign, where the public are be
STRATFORD Boat Club’s junior crews are celebrating after winning ten medals at the West Midlands Trials event at Worcester last Sunday. The winning crews in each event will represent the West Midlands at the Junior Inter-Regional Regatta at the National
Stratford’s stance on Brexit was highlighted by one of the world’s best known newspapers this week, as the Washington Post spoke to both leave and remain supporters. The paper chose to focus on Stratford as the town voted 52% to 48% to leave the EU in la
CARL Adams admitted Stratford Town should have been harder to beat at Dunstable on Tuesday night and insisted the players “cannot hide” from their current situation. Town slumped to a 2-0 defeat against a Dunstable side who came into the game on a woeful
IAN Winter came out on top in Shipston AC’s open contest held on the River Stour from Willington to Halford Bridge. Winter fished the bridge peg at Honington and caught 11 chub and roach for a total weight of 23lb 13oz. The open was supported by Martyn E
WARWICKSHIRE Police Operational Patrol Unit (OPU) arrested two males in a van (pictured) on Wednesday evening. The white van was pursued by police from Junction 11 of the M40 to Myton Rd, Warwick. At some point the van was damaged to its left rear side
THE Big Wheel in Stratford could start turning by Saturday 1st April. Despite widespread angry reaction from residents and businesses opposed to the observation wheel’s location in Swan’s Nest Lane, Jan de Koning, director of de Koning Leisure Group Ltd
NEIL Wicks smashed his previous best by almost four minutes in the Warwick Half Marathon last Sunday. The Stratford AC member finished in fourth place, in a time of 77.39, which puts him just outside the top 50 runners in the UK for his age group this ye
IAN Bell is setting the bar high for his second season as Warwickshire captain – and will make no excuses for “nagging” his players in the quest to bring further success to the county. Bell’s first season as Bears skipper last year was a mixed bag. Warwi
VISITORS were treated to a ‘flash mob’ performance outside Shakespeare’s Birthplace, last Saturday lunchtime. Thirty students from the Pauline Quirke Academy of Performing Arts, in Stratford-upon-Avon, performed a dance to Shakespeare Rocks, Shakespeare
Youth theatre Playbox’s acclaimed Shakespeare Young Company are putting on a production of All’s Well That Ends Well from tonight through Saturday. Here Priya Edwards, who plays Helena, shares her thoughts about the production. Tell us about your latest
A motorcyclist was taken to hospital yesterday afternoon (Wednesday) following a three-vehicle collision on the Fosse Way. The collision, which occurred just before 2.40pm close to Moreton Morrell, involved a grey Mini Cooper, a blue and white BMW motorb
AROUND three quarters of businesses in Stratford town centre will see their business rates fall in April, a Herald analysis of the controversial recalculation proposals has found, writes Matthew Snape. But the government’s review of rateable values — the
THE Stratford-upon-Avon Herald has teamed up with Weber® to celebrate the launch of its innovative Genesis® II collection at Weber World Fosseway Garden Centre in Moreton-in-Marsh. Weber® World at Fosseway Garden Centre provides barbecue fans with an unr
- 18:15 Tim Farron: The North East will be hit hardest by Brexit - so you...
- 18:15 Gateshead's historic old Town Hall put up for sale by cash-strapped...
- 18:15 Emmerdale spoilers: Moira and Cain Dingle grow close again as she...
- 18:15 Co-op supermarket shelves left bare due to 'availability issues'
- 18:15 Meet Bomber - Nottinghamshire's top dog for search missions
- 18:15 Couple who met during Second World War celebrate 70th wedding...
- 18:14 New York Red Bulls re-sign Man City product Bradley Wright-Phillips...
- 18:14 Woman charged with grievous bodily harm in Burton
- 18:14 Vauxhall drops FA home nations football sponsorship deals
- 18:14 Vue to screen exclusive new episodes of Peter Kay's Car Share this...
- 18:14 Kasabian star Chris Edwards hands over thousands to charity in...
- 18:13 How EU countries view Britain’s triggering of Article 50
- 18:13 Tunisian former PM Jomaa launches 'non-ideological' political party
- 18:13 France's Macron on course to win presidency - Elabe poll
- 18:13 Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha will have the final say on his Scottish...
- 18:12 Circus trainer attacked by lions in terrifying video
- 18:10 Retired vicar to wed male model 54 years his junior
- 18:10 Schoolchildren donate flag after Union Jack stolen from Bomber...
- 18:10 Return of council’s big clean-up programme
- 18:09 Wirral community rocked as "best buddy" pays tribute to alleged...
- 18:09 Busy Cumbria road closed following bus crash
- 18:08 Weaverham plumber to run London Marathon in tribute to veteran...
- 18:08 Ex-Corrie star from Cuddington lands role in Hollyoaks
- 18:08 Head teacher in training for 32.6-mile walk to work
- 18:07 Paul Scholes: This is what I think of Manchester United’s top four...
- 18:07 Arsenal star Mesut Ozil makes shock transfer revelation: Manchester...
- 18:07 Formula 1 2017 schedule: When are the Grand Prix races? Latest...
- 18:06 Liverpool favourites to snap up Arsenal star
- 18:06 Nick Cushing: Carli Lloyd has taken Manchester City Women to...
- 18:05 See stunning new pictures of Birmingham's rapidly changing skyline