News from Stratford Herald
Stratford-based actress Sunny Ormonde is well known for her role as man-eater Lillian Bellamy in The Archers, but she is playing an old bird of a very different plumage in a her one-woman show Dorothy (The Airings of an Archers Actor’s Aunt). She tells G
PLANS for an ambitious £40 million housing scheme on the disused cattle market site in Stratford were recently unveiled. The wasteland which has lain empty since 2001 will become the site of 189 high quality, affordable homes by 2019, available to a mix
CELEBRITY gardener Steve Brookes – the former BBC man behind the Stratford-upon-Avon in Bloom, Stratford-upon-Avon Home and Garden Show and Stratford-upon-Avon Christmas Fayre – has been jailed this week over the spy-cameras he set up in a flat he rented
POPULAR Stratford-upon-Avon landlord Chris Burton had the perfect toast when he pulled himself a pint in celebration at just receiving a ‘cancer all-clear’. The 46-year-old landlord of the famous Garrick Inn has spent the last nine months fighting Hodgki
Why on earth would anyone resurrect a couple of 60-year-old scripts from a defunct radio show, that most people are too young to remember? It’s a question Herald arts put to the producer Dave Freak, who is bringing a stage production, The Goon Show by th
HERALD photographer Mark Williamson covered Alcester Town’s Midland League Division Three clash against AFC Solihull on Saturday. Town went ahead just before half-time through debutant Matt Chambers, but Solihull equalised ten minutes into the second hal
A WOMAN has incredibly escaped injury despite her car leaving the road and overturning on Tuesday afternoon. West Midlands Ambulance Service was called to Billesley Road in Billesley, Warwickshire, shortly after 12.45pm and sent an ambulance, a paramedic
A CAR driver had a lucky escape last night when walking away without serious injury after a collision with an electricity pylon. West Midlands Ambulance Service was called to Warwick Road in Norton Lindsey, near to the junction with Brittons Lane, shortl
Celebrity TV gardener Steve Brookes has been jailed today after admitting taking videos of women using the bathroom of his Stratford home. Brookes, 55, was given a 12-month prison term at Warwick Crown Court today and ordered to sign the sex offenders re
STRATFORD Town manager Carl Adams has made two defensive signings ahead of Saturday’s Evo-Stik Southern League Premier Division clash at Dunstable. Emmitt Delfouneso returns to the club following a recent stint at Rugby Town, while Kidderminster Harriers
THE recent announcement by the Jockey Club that it is looking at selling Kempton Park, one of its flagship courses, has sent shock waves through the racing industry but, should it come off, then locally, resurgent Warwick could be well-placed to benefit,
A PRO-EU group is to be launched in Stratford-upon-Avon. Stratford4Europe claims it has surveyed local people and that many who voted to leave back in June now wanted to remain in the EU. The district voted by 51.6 per cent to 48.6 per cent in favour of
THE all-female team of four, Atlantic Endeavour, have crossed the finish line of the Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge, known as the world’s toughest row. United by a passion for adventure, the girls finished the epic crossing in 55 days, 13 hours and 2
A WOMAN was pulled from her £90,000 car by carjackers on the new Ettington Park estate in Wellesbourne. Police said the three men then sped off in the woman’s Audi RS7. It happened at around 6.20pm on Wednesday, 18th January. Anyone with information shou
The long awaited re-opening of Warwick’s Market Hall Museum following a £1.5million modernisation program is set to take place later this month. The museum will be relaunched on Saturday 18th February offering free entry to the public for the day. New ac
- 11:48 Point at Sheffield United was the best Scunthorpe earned all...
- 11:47 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:46 Model who dangled 1,000ft off Dubai skyscraper investigated by police
- 11:46 My journey to Miss Bikini Body: Dressing the part is motivating me...
- 11:45 Manchester City target Lionel Messi in £100m deal as superstar's...
- 11:44 Manchester United vs Reading U23s LIVE score and goal updates
- 11:43 Is this the best job in Lincoln? Game testers wanted!
- 11:42 Coventry woman caught carrying three kitchen knives in a public...
- 11:40 Part of M1 closed between J26 and J25 near Derby due to incident
- 11:40 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:40 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:39 Chelsea are a better team when Antonio Conte picks Cesc Fabregas,...
- 11:39 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Bad weather puts a dampener on weekly Bakewell market
- 11:38 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:38 WASPI CAMPAIGN: 1950s women demand action on pensions
- 11:36 Man United News: Woodward’s £1bn plan for Mourinho, £30m Arsenal...
- 11:34 Police to review 484 cases after criminal probe launched at...
- 11:34 This Bicester style village is coming to the Midlands - here's what...
- 11:34 Jordan Veretout: Midfielder on his Aston Villa future and Steve...
- 11:32 Unravelling tales about Edith
- 11:32 The first ever Muslim-friendly ‘modest’ fashion show is taking...
- 11:31 Flooded church reopens its doors to worshippers
- 11:31 Pensioner fighting for life in hospital after being hit by a taxi
- 11:30 COLUMN: How does your chippy measure up?
- 11:30 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:30 Nottingham's Jazzie Mattis progresses to BBC's Let It Shine final
- 11:30 John Terry reveals what inspired Chelsea’s FA Cup win… it’s all to...
- 11:30 Beeston's Hannah lands role working for celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay