News from Stratford Herald
SOUTHAM United have named Alex Baird as their new manager. Baird replaces former boss Ian Ray, who stepped down following a humiliating 15-0 defeat to Racing Club Warwick on Boxing Day. As a player, Baird has made more than 450 appearances at step six le
WELL-KNOWN actor and playwright Michael Mears brings his one-man play, This Evil Thing, about conscientious objectors in the First World War to Stratford’s Kempe Studio this Sunday. The play marks 100 years since conscription was bought in in 1916, here
A MAN accused of murdering Bethany Hill in Stratford-upon-Avon last year told police that he blacked out on the night she died. During Thursday’s proceedings at Warwick Crown Court, members of the jury were read the interview Jack Williams gave to police
POLICE are appealing for information following a burglary at a jewellers in Alcester town centre which is currently being investigated. An offender is believed to have forced entry to the front of the premises in Market Place off High Street around 3.30a
A NEW sculpture The King’s Ship was unveiled in the garden of New Place, in Stratford, on Saturday (8th January). As part of the 400th anniversary celebrations of Shakespeare’s legacy, the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust has created, on the ground of the pl
A BBC gardening presenter faces jail after he admitted secretly filming female tenants showering using a camera hidden in an air freshener. Stephen Brookes, 55, set up the motion-activated device to capture the footage which could be downloaded to an app
STRATFORD AC athletes enjoyed a fantastic day at the Warwickshire County Cross Country Championships. The junior athletes led the way with some tremendous performances and deserved honours, while the senior athletes were clearly inspired by what preceded
WARWICKSHIRE Bears boosted their National League First Division South promotion hopes with a 55-50 victory over London Thunder. From the tip off, the game was a tough physical battle with both teams scoring basket for basket, and no team being able to ta
READ our two-page special featuring all the evidence heard so far in the Bethany Hill murder trial at Warwick Crown Court – and we have the latest on Stratford-upon-Avon man and former BBC gardening guru Steve Brookes as he faces seven voyeurism charges
HERALD photographer Mark Williamson covered Stratford’s Midlands 1 West match against Moseley Oak on Saturday. The Black and Whites suffered their eighth defeat of the season as Moseley claimed a 17-11 success at Pearcecroft. Full report and reaction in
STRATFORD Town boss Carl Adams felt a great opportunity was lost as his side’s hopes of a run in the Southern League Cup came to a disappointing end at Bishops Cleeve on Tuesday night. Town were beaten 4-3 on penalties by the Evo-Stik Southern League Div
GLOWING tributes from right across the community have been paid following the death of Alcester’s Lennox Cumberbatch who passed away on Friday 30th December. Lennox, aged 76, succumbed to cancer and his passing has led to an outpouring of affection and a
STUART Kettell is going to try and travel 130 miles from Oxford to London on the River Thames using an Aquaskipper. Stuart, aged 52, from Hatton Park, is raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support as he has done for the past 12 years which has seen him
A FORENSIC pathologist has described the catalogue of knife wounds inflicted on Bethany Hill on the night she died. Dr Olaf Bierdrzycki, a specialist in the interpretation of injuries, carried out a post-mortem on Bethany’s body on 6th February last year
STRATFORD-UPON-AVON TV gardening expert Steve Brookes has pleaded guilty to a string of voyeurism offences. Brookes, of Loxley Road, entered guilty pleas at Warwickshire Magistrates’ Court in Leamington Spa this morning, Wednesday, to seven charges of ob
- 17:38 Wayne Rooney: What it means to me to break Sir Bobby Charlton's record
- 17:37 Dogs ‘tag team’ king cobra when he accidentally slithers into...
- 17:37 Search launched in Eskdale for missing man
- 17:35 DIY SOS-style makeover helps couple in need
- 17:34 Wayne Rooney breaks record to salvage point for poor Manchester...
- 17:34 Has Wayne Rooney fulfilled his potential at Manchester United?
- 17:34 Jose Mourinho: Wayne Rooney is now a Manchester United legend
- 17:33 Kilmarnock 0 Hamilton 1 as Accies pick up their first win in 12...
- 17:33 Stoke 1-1 Man United: Five things we learned as Wayne Rooney breaks...
- 17:32 Michael Moore goes on bizarre rant as ONE MILLION Donald Trump...
- 17:31 Chester 1 Wrexham AFC 1: Dragons forced to settle for point in...
- 17:31 New football academy will offer practical training and study in Oakham
- 17:30 Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney is Premier League’s all-time...
- 17:29 Dons edge Cobblers in eight-goal thriller as Edinburgh starts with...
- 17:28 Strippers in thongs fight off topless man in club brawl
- 17:28 Lush features gay couples in Valentine’s ad and it’s super cute
- 17:27 What cobblers! Angela Merkel snubs Donald Trump's inauguration to...
- 17:27 Saudi migrant 'murdered Catholic pensioner for beliefs then left...
- 17:27 Swiss teenager saved by heroic trio after being sexually assaulted...
- 17:27 Big Interview: Glen Chapple
- 17:27 What's that smell? Firefighters called out to 'chemical' incident
- 17:26 FILM REVIEW: Assassin’s Creed
- 17:24 Lack lustre demand at Bakewell market
- 17:23 Poundland fined after gnawed chocolate and rodent droppings found...
- 17:23 Is £1 shampoo just as good as the £40 top-of-the-range stuff
- 17:23 Manchester United explain why Marcos Rojo isn't in squad vs Stoke City
- 17:23 Wayne Rooney is Manchester United's all time top goal scorer
- 17:23 Bus station: "Lost a cucumber? Lettuce know..."
- 17:22 Women's March: Thousands hit UK streets to join global movement...
- 17:22 College hosts foreign languages seminar