News from Stratford Herald
The RSC’s stunning Shakespeare Live show last year has been nominated for a BAFTA in this year’s live event category. The show, which was hosted by David Tennant and Catherine Tate, was broadcast live on BBC2 during the 2016 Shakespeare Birthday Celebrat
LOOKING for a fantastic children’s party idea, or just an excuse to treat your child and their friends over Easter? There’s something different and exciting on offer for fun-hungry youngsters near Warwick. You can treat your child to an unforgettable par
CARL Adams has issued a plea to Stratford Town supporters ahead of this weekend’s clash with non-league giants Kettering Town. Saturday’s game at the DCS Stadium pits Adams against his one of his former clubs, with both teams coming into the Evo-Stik Sou
STRATFORD AC’s rising star Jack Sumners insists there is more to come after he made an explosive start to his outdoor season in Spring Spruce Open Meeting at Nottingham last weekend. Starting the day with the long jump, the under-17 athlete beat his prev
THE fundraising campaign to extend the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway line into Broadway has reached its £1.25million target. It comes almost exactly a year to the day that rail enthusiast and music mogul, Pete Waterman, launched the share of
THE incident occurred on Wednesday 12th April at around 8pm at a house in Yardley Close, Warwick. It was reported that three men entered the house and demanded money from the occupants. They have then carried out a search of the house before leaving. If
AN assistant verger at the historic St Mary’s Collegiate Church in Warwick has been jailed after being convicted of sexually assaulting a second teenager almost 30 years ago, writes our court correspondent. That victim came forward after seeing newspaper
Rough, ready and yet totally convincing… Ronnie Mulryne reviews the Tread the Boards’ production running until 23rd April FROM its first-ever performances in spring or summer 1599 Shakespeare’s Henry V has held the stage down to our own time. Often seen
THEO Folkes’ memories of D Day are still very vivid and he can recall the shells and the gunfire he experienced during the landings on Sword Beach on 6th June. Theo was presented with his Chevalier de Legion D’Honneur medal by Lady Hamilton surrounded b
AS most GP surgeries will be closed on Friday and Monday, the NHS is reminding people where they can access expert medical treatment during the Easter bank holiday weekend. Patients can save time in the waiting room by visiting their pharmacist for quick
THERE have been big developments in the cases of jailed former Kineton High School teacher Roland Midgley and the murder of Bethany Hill – pick up a copy of this week’s Herald for the full stories on both. The first community pub in Warwickshire opens to
FOR the second week running, a Stratford AC member enjoyed a superb race in one of the country’s leading marathons. The previous week it was Neil Wicks at Manchester and this week it was the irrepressible Kate Wright at Brighton. Wright was invited to co
WARWICKSHIRE’S spin-bowling department boasts another serious option following the striking emergence of slow left-armer Sunny Singh. The potential of the 21-year-old, in the Edgbaston system since he was 15, has long been clear but he has made significa
WITH summer approaching and the weather more settled, this weekend sees the return of evening racing and Stratford stages a six-race card that kicks off at 5.20pm, writes David Hucker. Course winner Excellent Team is one of three entries for local traine
HAPPY Birthday to 3rd Stratford Brownies who celebrated their 100th anniversary recently. To mark the occasion present day Brownies dressed in historic uniforms charting the change in styles and fashion of the movement over the last 100 years. They also
- 04:41 UFC News: McGregor open to Pacquiao fight, Woodley criticises...
- 04:41 Tony Ferguson: Conor McGregor is the favourite in my weight class,...
- 04:41 Wigan 42 Catalans 22: Shaun Wane's young guns help Warriors to...
- 04:41 Luis Suarez sends message to Lionel Messi after Barcelona beat Real...
- 04:25 Sean Dyche reveals the real reason why Manchester United beat Burnley
- 04:25 Dani Carvajal: This is why Barcelona beat Real Madrid in El Clasico
- 04:24 Marcus Rashford's Manchester United team-mates believe he is the...
- 04:00 North Korea arrests US citizen trying to LEAVE Pyongyang as global...
- 03:57 Navy officer Michael Samwell's car theft death 'beyond criminal'
- 03:48 POLL: Jeremy Corbyn wants workers to have four extra Bank Holidays
- 03:47 China stocks extend losses on tougher regulation
- 03:42 US prepares to EVACUATE 230,000 Americans from South Korea as part...
- 03:41 Talks due in bid to resolve Southern rail row with RMT
- 03:39 Venezuela's President Maduro calls for talks with opposition
- 03:39 North Korean university names detained US citizen
- 03:29 Japan's Nikkei hits near 3-week high on French vote relief, Sony...
- 03:26 Britain’s Got Talent: Just Us leader’s soap role REVEALED after...
- 03:18 China's strong first-quarter growth highlights positive signs:...
- 03:07 Ros Altmann: A care system that penalises the elderly
- 03:07 Kirsten Simister: Gallery excels at the art of raising profile of Hull
- 03:07 Jayne Dowle: Flawed politician could be the saviour of democracy
- 03:00 ‘Kim Jong-un will drag the US to WAR’ Ex-Navy chief claims Trump...
- 02:42 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho got exactly what he...
- 02:40 American member of watchdog OSCE killed in Ukraine
- 02:39 Watson pins hopes on pensions pledge to win back Ukip voters
- 02:24 Mel B’s nanny claims she had ‘seven-year affair’ with the former...
- 02:07 General election 2017: 'No apology' for Labour's union ties
- 02:06 EU drugmakers urge June decision on new location for watchdog
- 02:04 Take out Kim NOW: Trump BEGGED to act against North Korea before...
- 02:04 Putin’s Navy ‘could control ANY situation’, Russian chief...