News from Stratford Herald
THE final Warwickshire Sportshall league match brought the domestic indoor athletics season to another very successful conclusion and saw Stratford AC juniors complete a terrific indoor season by again comprehensively retaining the title. Team managers C
With clear blue skies and temperatures hitting a unseasonably warm 16°C (the average is 11°C), it was no wonder a majestic Virgin hot air balloon was seen in motion right over the middle of Stratford-upon-Avon this afternoon (Wednesday). Elsewhere a Hera
BARGAIN hunters helped raise more than £430 for the 1st Welford Scouts by supporting the group’s jumble sale on Saturday. It took place at Welford Memorial Hall, with around 100 people turning up in search of books, clothes and bric-a-brac. All the items
Emergency services were called to the scene of a road traffic collision near Lower Quinton this afternoon. The collision occurred just before 12.30pm on Camden Road and involved one vehicle, a silver Peugeot 206, which had left the carriageway and crashe
China 1, Rome 0 (so far!) Ladies and gentlemen, fans of the theatre and its amazing spectacles, roll up, roll up and witness the battle of the imperialist regimes! Before the exciting Rome season gets properly underway at the RSC, Snow in Midsummer is en
EVERYONE was a winner at the annual pancake races held on Alcester’s High Street on Tuesday. Organised by Alcester Court Leet, the races start outside the Post Office and finish in front of St Nicholas’ Church, and see scores of local school children ra
PIZZA Express is a brand recognised for quality and has become a staple of most town centres. But, despite our family’s familiarity with this, it had admittedly been a long time since our last visit. So, it was with a renewed appetite of anticipation we
STRATFORD Hockey Club revived their promotion hopes with a 4-3 victory over Coventry and North Warwickshire at Stratford School. The win that means two victories in their last two games would seal promotion. Full match report in this week’s Herald.
STRATFORD Town turned in a particularly disappointing performance as they slipped to a 2-0 defeat at Dunstable on Tuesday night, writes Bryan Hale. Dunstable came into the game on a dreadful run of form, as since the original fixture was called off on 11
SERVICES to help victims of domestic abuse from becoming re-victimised have been given a £60,000 boost by Warwickshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner. Philip Seccombe visited the new officers of the Domestic Abuse Counselling Service (DACS) in Bedworth
HERALD photographer Mark Williamson covered Stratford Town’s Evo-Stik Southern League Premier Division clash against Chesham United on Saturday. Town took a deserved lead two minutes into the second half through Mike Taylor, but Ryan Blake’s 79th-minute
Stratford is set to get its own Nando’s after the restaurant chain confirmed that it will be opening at the town’s new Bell Court development. Nando’s joins Byron Burger, Miller and Carter and All Bar One in confirming their tenancy at the £30million ret
To coincide with the Royal Shakespeare Company’s forthcoming Rome Season a new exhibition of political cartoons opens at the theatre on Saturday. Draw New Mischief at the theatre’s PACCAR Room celebrates 250 years of Shakespeare and political cartoons, a
THE finishing touches to a £280,000 winter makeover of South Stratford Canal are nearing completion. Work on the picturesque Stratford Canal is part of a programme which has seen lock gates replaced and historic brickwork restored. The works are being ca
ANOTHER group of headteachers have written to parents warning them of impending cuts to their budgets. The letter — sent out on Friday — is signed by the headteachers and chairs of governors of the Kineton Learning Community Schools. They are Ettington,
- 12:10 The dawn of DHELA
- 12:10 Aerial images show moment Khalid Masood was shot after London...
- 12:08 Chelsea target offers huge transfer update: He wants to play in the...
- 12:08 £10,000 reward to help find stolen jewellery from Burton Green
- 12:08 Trump administration approves Keystone XL pipeline
- 12:08 Swifts to fly high with council help
- 12:08 Meet Lois’s new running partner that has helped her train for a...
- 12:08 Sunderland legend Kevin Phillips unveiled as first star ambassador...
- 12:08 Coronation Street Insider: Sinead suffers heartbreaking miscarriage
- 12:08 Driver who sped through Antwerp shoppers faces terrorism charges
- 12:07 Deadline for voter registration is near for Deepings and Bourne
- 12:07 Bourne woman seriously injured in A15 crash
- 12:06 Europe's financial lifeline from London in doubt
- 12:06 Police search London terrorist attacker’s mum’s house
- 12:06 MPs may face new rules on second jobs
- 12:06 Fishergate bollard sent flying AGAIN
- 12:06 Man impaled through chest in horrific car crash
- 12:06 Falcon wing inspires jets of the future
- 12:06 Profits increase at livestock group
- 12:05 'What you need at that time is what you’re worth': the daily battle...
- 12:05 'One man's acts of violence have no place within any of the faiths'...
- 12:05 Appeal: Police issue image of suspected Harrogate burglar
- 12:04 This single mum is travelling the world with her nine-year-old...
- 12:04 Calling all foodies: Here are 9 mouth-watering UK food festivals...
- 12:04 Strategy launched for thriving games and digital industry in and...
- 12:03 Meet business veteran who's now passing on knowledge to start-ups
- 12:03 Education trust’s full response to critical report by Ofsted...
- 12:03 Drop in number of people using mobiles while driving
- 12:03 France lock Yoann Maestri to face misconduct complaint following...
- 12:03 Arsenal and Bayern Munich fined by UEFA over fans' behaviour during...