News from Stratford Herald
THE reviews are coming in for Stratford’s new Everyman cinema which officially opened its doors on 9th June. The new venue is the main anchor tenant at the new Bell Court, though its arrival has not been without controversy, with many predicting it would
A FOOTBALL club, with a vital difference, is growing in popularity in Stratford. Aimed predominantly at the over-40s, walking football is a slowed-down version of the sport that has given thousands of sportsmen and sportswomen a new lease of life. Two ye
WARWICKSHIRE Police has said that will be be meeting with Muslim communities across the county following the incident in Finsbury Park, London. The suspected terror attack, in which a van was driven into a crowd of people outside a mosque in the early ho
A STRATFORD fish and chip restaurateur is flying half way across the world to serve fish and chips to the Japanese. Stelios Tzirki, aged 20, of The Big Fish chippy restaurant at The Maybird Shopping Park, jetted off on Saturday and this week he will be f
Birmingham & District Premier League Division Three Stratford-upon-Avon 128 all out (5pts) lost to Brewood 137 all out (24pts) by nine runs Second S 2nd XI Division Old Hill 201-9 (24pts) beat Stratford-upon-Avon 160 all out (6pts) by 41 runs...
WORK will finally get underway before the end of this year on the 800-home development on the edge of Shottery, and its accompanying £15million relief road — after two decades on the drawing board. Bloor Homes was given detailed planning permission last
A MEMORIAL plaque to former Henley-in-Arden resident Benjamin Beddome (1717 – 1795) has been unveiled at the building on High Street where he once lived. The Baptist Minister and leading figure in the Midland Baptist Association, was a prolific writer of
More the £30,000 in Lottery funding has been awarded to five local organisations, each with a vision to improve their communities. The money, which is part of an overall funding package of £5.5million for the West Midlands, will go to Tysoe, Avon Dassett
STRATFORD slipped to a nine-run defeat to Brewood in a low scoring match at Swan’s Nest Lane on Saturday. The visitors had been bowled out for 137, with Adam Bayliss (5-17) and Perry Derrick (3-21) doing the damage. Other than Jake Salmon with 45, the Pa
Proposals for a brand new Baptist Church in Shipston have been presented to Shipston Town Council this week. Stour Valley Baptist Church is exploring the possibility of building a church on Tilemans Lane, having been meeting at the high school since 1999
A FOUR-STAR hotel that was said to have been where William Shakespeare wrote one of his plays has been sold to an overseas private investor. Billesley Manor Hotel is among a portfolio of ten hotels being sold off by The Hotel Collection. The sale price h
IN this week’s Stratford-upon-Avon Herald we talk to Nadhim Zahawi about Theresa May, the DUP, Tory election mistakes, and of course Brexit. There also reaction to the result and the PM’s grip on power from all candidates in the Stratford-on-Avon constit
STRATFORD AC’s masters team achieved their best ever result in a league match at the second Midland Veterans’ League meeting in Redditch last week. The team’s total points score was equal to hosts Bromsgrove and Redditch and well ahead of the six other c
EMMA Bexson saw a return to form with a successful race in the European Championship Middle Distance Triathlon on Saturday. The Stratford Triathlon Club member finished fifth in her age category in Herning, Denmark, with an overall time of 5.02.13. The r
A HEATWAVE warning has been issued with temperatures set to rise over the weekend. The mercury is expected to hits highs of 27 degrees today, Saturday, and Sunday and Monday, and remain in the mid-20s throughout next week. And that comes with an alert fr
- 16:51 Watch Coventry City documentary preview here - and find out how to...
- 16:51 Concern for missing 14-year-old girl last seen at Coventry's Arena...
- 16:50 People travelling to Warwick Hospital advised to allow extra time...
- 16:50 Moorside is 'enormous opportunity' says nuclear expert
- 16:49 MURDER TRIAL: Elderly shopkeeper struck over head while she was...
- 16:49 Solihull Moors dispute 'administration error' claim in former...
- 16:49 Wolves vs Birmingham City: Blues' derby day trip to Molineux...
- 16:49 Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham welcome first baby:...
- 16:48 Stop food-shaming in the office
- 16:46 MURDER TRIAL: Elderly shopkeeper struck over head while she was...
- 16:45 Two dogs die after being walked in Knighton Park in Leicester
- 16:45 Blind veteran to tackle 100km charity challenge
- 16:45 Moorside is 'enormous opportunity' says nuclear expert
- 16:45 Done Deal: Ryan Sessegnon signs contract at Fulham, opts against...
- 16:44 Brutal Love Island game 'ends in split' for one of show's favourite...
- 16:44 Paolo Nutini found not guilty of drink-driving
- 16:44 Police warn explosions may be heard near Wakefield flat where...
- 16:44 Gosberton Summer Fair brings village together
- 16:43 Police warn explosions may be heard near Wakefield flat where...
- 16:43 Lucky escape for M1 driver after metal object comes through windscreen
- 16:43 Transfers: Wolves set to beat Celtic to full-back signing
- 16:43 How Aston Villa could look with John Terry
- 16:43 Japanese airline forces disabled man to crawl aboard
- 16:42 Talking point: Burton Albion are getting summer business done early
- 16:42 Free shows for Elvis fans left All Shook Up by cancellation
- 16:41 Reveller caught in nightclub with knife sticking out of trousers
- 16:41 Love Island's Olivia Buckland shows off her tattooed curves in racy...
- 16:41 Because she wants to! Billie Piper goes barefoot for a stroll on...
- 16:41 BREAKING NEWS: Contractor falls up to 30 metres from crane at...
- 16:41 EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink offered Oxford United job