News from Stratford Herald
STRATFORD Town produced another battling performance as they returned from Chesham with their 14th draw of the season on Tuesday night. Chesham went ahead in first half stoppage time, but Guy Clark’s deflected shot seven minutes earned Town a point. More
A court has been told that a woman accused of murdering Bethany Hill in Stratford last year spun a web of lies to hide her involvement. Giving evidence today, Tuesday, at Warwick Crown Court, Kayleigh Woods was quizzed on a number of aspects of her polic
A DAD, from Stratford-upon-Avon, who is organising a World Record attempt for the largest sports quiz ever held, is encouraging more people to be involved, by offering free entry for students. The charity sports quiz is being held at Warwick Hall, at War
STRATFORD-on-Avon Conservative MP, Nadhim Zahawi, met caseworkers, volunteers and clients to hear about the increasing and complex work at Stratford and District Citizens Advice. The Stratford CAB office runs six outreach advice and home visit services o
A WOMAN on trial for the murder of Bethany Hill in Stratford-upon-Avon last year has been accused of telling a series of lies following her death. Taking to the stand today, Tuesday, Kayleigh Woods was quizzed by prosecutor Stephen Linehan about details
THE road surface on Alcester’s High Street is set to be resurfaced, in a scheme that Alcester’s county councillor claims is ‘long overdue’. County councillor Mike Gittus (Cons, Alcester) said over the next two months, two schemes will be undertaken. Birm
KATIE Leung — aka Cho Chang in the Harry Potter film series — is to make her debut at the Royal Shakespeare Company next month. The 29-year-old Scottish actress, pictured right, will appear in the world premiere of Snow in Midsummer, which comes to the S
A STRATFORD-upon-Avon businessman carried out a multi-million-pound fraud through the supply of GPS systems to golf clubs throughout the country, a jury has been told. On the opening day of a ten-week trial, the court heard how Maserati-driving Kevin Cla
IAN Westwood intends to seize the opportunity beckoning in 2017 and provide Warwickshire with a productive anchor at the top of the batting order throughout the Specsavers County Championship season. Former captain Westwood is set for a key role for the
HERALD photographer Mark Williamson covered FC Stratford Reserves’ Stratford Alliance Division Two clash against Welford on Saturday. FC Stratford won the game 3-2 thanks to goals from Billy Holden-Parker, Karol Skiba and Gavin Wood.
THE accident and emergency department at Warwick Hospital is coping with demand — despite claims of what has been described as a humanitarian crisis on the frontline of the NHS. The hospital missed the nationally-set 95 per cent target of seeing patients
A young transgender woman has told a jury what she said happened the night her best friend, with whom she was planning to have a child, was murdered in her flat. Kayleigh Woods told the jury at Warwick Crown Court that she had not caused tragic Bethany H
FC STRATFORD were no match for Midland League Division Three runaway leaders NKF Burbage on Saturday. Dave Poulson’s men were hopeful of pulling off a surprise result at the DCS Stadium, but Burbage showed their class to stretch their lead at the top to
POLICE are investigating a report of a robbery at the Heart of England Co-op on Loxley Close, Wellesbourne, this morning, Monday 16th January. It’s reported that two masked men entered the shop a 6am and demanded access to the safe. They eventually left
TWO people have been injured in a crash on the A46, between Stratford-upon-Avon and Alcester, this afternoon (Monday 16th January). Emergency services have been called to the collision, between two vehicles, near to the junction of Drayton Manor Drive, w
- 17:38 Wayne Rooney: What it means to me to break Sir Bobby Charlton's record
- 17:37 Dogs ‘tag team’ king cobra when he accidentally slithers into...
- 17:37 Search launched in Eskdale for missing man
- 17:35 DIY SOS-style makeover helps couple in need
- 17:34 Wayne Rooney breaks record to salvage point for poor Manchester...
- 17:34 Has Wayne Rooney fulfilled his potential at Manchester United?
- 17:34 Jose Mourinho: Wayne Rooney is now a Manchester United legend
- 17:33 Kilmarnock 0 Hamilton 1 as Accies pick up their first win in 12...
- 17:33 Stoke 1-1 Man United: Five things we learned as Wayne Rooney breaks...
- 17:32 Michael Moore goes on bizarre rant as ONE MILLION Donald Trump...
- 17:31 Chester 1 Wrexham AFC 1: Dragons forced to settle for point in...
- 17:31 New football academy will offer practical training and study in Oakham
- 17:30 Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney is Premier League’s all-time...
- 17:29 Dons edge Cobblers in eight-goal thriller as Edinburgh starts with...
- 17:28 Strippers in thongs fight off topless man in club brawl
- 17:28 Lush features gay couples in Valentine’s ad and it’s super cute
- 17:27 What cobblers! Angela Merkel snubs Donald Trump's inauguration to...
- 17:27 Saudi migrant 'murdered Catholic pensioner for beliefs then left...
- 17:27 Swiss teenager saved by heroic trio after being sexually assaulted...
- 17:27 Big Interview: Glen Chapple
- 17:27 What's that smell? Firefighters called out to 'chemical' incident
- 17:26 FILM REVIEW: Assassin’s Creed
- 17:24 Lack lustre demand at Bakewell market
- 17:23 Poundland fined after gnawed chocolate and rodent droppings found...
- 17:23 Is £1 shampoo just as good as the £40 top-of-the-range stuff
- 17:23 Manchester United explain why Marcos Rojo isn't in squad vs Stoke City
- 17:23 Wayne Rooney is Manchester United's all time top goal scorer
- 17:23 Bus station: "Lost a cucumber? Lettuce know..."
- 17:22 Women's March: Thousands hit UK streets to join global movement...
- 17:22 College hosts foreign languages seminar