News from Stratford Herald
CUTTING-edge technology has brought Queen Elizabeth II’s wedding cake back to life – thanks to research by WMG at the University of Warwick. Professor Mark Williams at WMG, alongside the British Sugarcraft Guild (BSG), employed 3D scanning technology to
TACKLING racism, mental health issues and having the right to the living wage are just some of the key results young people from across Warwickshire have voted most prominent in this year’s VOX and Youth Parliament elections. On Thursday 9th February – a
TICKETS for this year’s Shakespeare Birthday Lunch on Saturday, 22nd April, are now on sale at the Royal Shakespeare Company’s box office. The lunch at The Crowne Plaza in Stratford follows the traditional parade to Holy Trinity Church. It is being organ
A CCTV image has been released of a man police would like to speak to following an incident in Henley-in-Arden. The back window of a silver Mercedes was smashed while it was parked on High Street in the town. It happened some time between 3pm on Friday,
THE 400th resident in Henley-in-Arden, today (Monday 13th February), has signed a petition to help the town keep its 24-hour public-access defibrillator in its current High Street location. The defibrillator, in the entrance alcove to Co-Op, was funded b
SHIPSTON Excelsior and Alcester Town both had to settle for a point following an action-packed 1-1 draw at London Road on Saturday. The visitors started well and their pressure was rewarded when a Goodhall shot was steered in by Matt Layton. Shipston got
The much-loved local actress Sara Coward died yesterday at a Leamington palliative care home after a battle with cancer. Following a mastectomy two years ago, Sara found a lump in her neck and was last year told the cancer was terminal. Sara had played t
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man waved a machete in stopped traffic in High Street, Bidford last Thursday. Several vehicles were stuck in the street. One of the drivers got out of his vehicle and waved a machete while threatening one of the
AN elderly man was confirmed dead at the scene of a serious three-car crash on Friday (10th February). The crash happened shortly after 12.50pm, on Friday, on the A429 Fosse Way, near to Aston Magna – and closed a stretch of the road from Tredington roun
WITH just five weeks to go to the start of the new jumps season, which gets underway on Monday, 13th March, Stratford have announced a major partnership with Sky Bet, the first time the bookmakers have sponsored at the course. There will be a number of v
LEGO is nothing new. It’s been around in its plastic form since 1947. Such is its continued popularity it has never been in need of experiencing a resurgence, but it has still enjoyed one in recent years. The secret if its new ‘success’ has been its dive
New figures have revealed that the number of people killed or seriously injured in Road Traffic collisions in our region has risen dramatically in the past year. The Department for Transport figures for the year ending September 2016, reveal that in Warw
THE Mayor of Warwick will be starting the annual pancake races, organised by the Rotary Club of Warwick, on Tuesday 28th February. Children from primary schools in the area, will keep a tradition alive by racing in Warwick’s Market Square. Teams from six
STRATFORD AC’s Andrew Pozzi retained his 60m hurdles hurdles title on the first day of the British Athletics Indoor Team Trials in Sheffield. The 24-year-old clocked a time of 7.44 in the heats to break the stadium record before coming home a clear winne
GLOUCESTERSHIRE trainer Nigel Twiston-Davies was the man to follow on Saturday, as Flying Angel, ridden by his son Willie, took Warwick’s feature Grade 2 Betway Kingmaker Novices’ Chase, the first leg of a valuable stable treble on the afternoon, writes
- 11:48 Point at Sheffield United was the best Scunthorpe earned all...
- 11:47 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:46 Model who dangled 1,000ft off Dubai skyscraper investigated by police
- 11:46 My journey to Miss Bikini Body: Dressing the part is motivating me...
- 11:45 Manchester City target Lionel Messi in £100m deal as superstar's...
- 11:44 Manchester United vs Reading U23s LIVE score and goal updates
- 11:43 Is this the best job in Lincoln? Game testers wanted!
- 11:42 Coventry woman caught carrying three kitchen knives in a public...
- 11:40 Part of M1 closed between J26 and J25 near Derby due to incident
- 11:40 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:40 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:39 Chelsea are a better team when Antonio Conte picks Cesc Fabregas,...
- 11:39 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Bad weather puts a dampener on weekly Bakewell market
- 11:38 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:38 WASPI CAMPAIGN: 1950s women demand action on pensions
- 11:36 Man United News: Woodward’s £1bn plan for Mourinho, £30m Arsenal...
- 11:34 Police to review 484 cases after criminal probe launched at...
- 11:34 This Bicester style village is coming to the Midlands - here's what...
- 11:34 Jordan Veretout: Midfielder on his Aston Villa future and Steve...
- 11:32 Unravelling tales about Edith
- 11:32 The first ever Muslim-friendly ‘modest’ fashion show is taking...
- 11:31 Flooded church reopens its doors to worshippers
- 11:31 Pensioner fighting for life in hospital after being hit by a taxi
- 11:30 COLUMN: How does your chippy measure up?
- 11:30 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:30 Nottingham's Jazzie Mattis progresses to BBC's Let It Shine final
- 11:30 John Terry reveals what inspired Chelsea’s FA Cup win… it’s all to...
- 11:30 Beeston's Hannah lands role working for celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay