News from Stratford Herald
SHIPSTON Excelsior manager Steve Hedderman was happy for his side to “win ugly” at Enville on Saturday. Despite missing a string of first-team players through injury and unavailability, Shipston managed to scrap out a 2-1 win in testing conditions at Hal
HERALD photographer Mark Williamson covered FC Stratford’s Midland League Division Three clash against NKF Burbage on Saturday. Stratford were hopeful of pulling off a surprise result at the DCS Stadium, but the visitors showed their class to stretch the
STRATFORD AC duo Richard Shephard and Kate Wright continued their sensational start to 2017 with excellent performances at the Not the Roman IX race last weekend. The popular event, organised by Stratford AC, attracted more than 600 runners despite the u
WARWICKSHIRE Bears 2 maintained their 100 per cent record with a comfortable 49-26 victory over National League Third Division S&W rivals Plymouth Storm. From the tip-off it was a tough battle, with Storm playing a physical game, trying to...
WARWICKSHIRE Police have arrested a male for stealing from cars on the Woodloes Estate in Warwick on the evening of Friday 13th January 2017. A quantity of property was recovered from his address, and shows that he has been prolific. It appears he steals
THE man accused of murdering Bethany Hill in Stratford last year told doctors that he was having thoughts about hurting people in the months leading to her death. Today (Wednesday) the court has heard evidence from Dr Nicholas Kennedy, a consultant physi
THE Shakespeare Birthplace Trust has been awarded a grant of £24,000 to enhance the visitor experience at the five Shakespeare homes for blind and partially sighted. The grant, jointly funded through a partnership between the Department for Culture, Medi
HERALD photographer Mark Williamson covered Stratford’s Midlands 1 West match against Newport on Saturday. The Black and Whites gave the league leaders a huge fright before finally falling to a 31-29 defeat at Pearcecroft. Full report and reaction in thi
JULIA Morris, recently retired Head of Kineton High School, passed away, following a brave battle with cancer, on New Year’s Day after spending Christmas surrounded by her precious family. Julia, aged 62, was a much loved and inspirational Headteacher at
YOUNGSTERS at St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, in Henley, became roving reporters after an alien spaceship mysteriously crash-landed in the school grounds. On the first day of the spring term, an area of the school’s field was cordoned off with police
NEW roads, housing and commercial projects across Stratford will be outlined at the next Stratford Business Forum meeting. The forum’s monthly Big Breakfast takes place at the Shakespeare Hotel in Chapel Street on Friday, 20th January, from 7am. Delegate
A TASK group of local businesspeople has been set up to look at what they see as a lack of employment land across the county. The group has been established by the Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce. And the issue was top of the agenda at the
STRATFORD Town produced another battling performance as they returned from Chesham with their 14th draw of the season on Tuesday night. Chesham went ahead in first half stoppage time, but Guy Clark’s deflected shot seven minutes earned Town a point. More
A court has been told that a woman accused of murdering Bethany Hill in Stratford last year spun a web of lies to hide her involvement. Giving evidence today, Tuesday, at Warwick Crown Court, Kayleigh Woods was quizzed on a number of aspects of her polic
A DAD, from Stratford-upon-Avon, who is organising a World Record attempt for the largest sports quiz ever held, is encouraging more people to be involved, by offering free entry for students. The charity sports quiz is being held at Warwick Hall, at War
- 10:46 ‘It was a miracle no one was killed’: Car owners’ shock as tree...
- 10:45 'Paul Pogba wants me back at Manchester United... he wants to play...
- 10:45 Manchester City vs Tottenham combined XI: No room for Gabriel...
- 10:44 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:44 Council plans a further £34m of cuts and a council tax increase
- 10:43 Girl, 5, and woman knocked to floor after collision with car in Leeds
- 10:42 Teenager remains critical after collision on busy South Tyneside road
- 10:42 Hundreds oppose plan to turn village's last pub into a house
- 10:42 Liverpool v Wolves: Fans snap up FA Cup tickets
- 10:41 Carlisle pair threw lit fireworks from car during police chase
- 10:40 Bid to improve residents’ health
- 10:39 PM 'confident' of striking trade deal with US
- 10:39 Snow falls in parts of Spain for the first time in over a century
- 10:39 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:39 Super scooter keeps David flying high
- 10:38 Does the sad state of Florence Nightingale statue speak volumes...
- 10:38 Leonne Weeks: Murder accused Shea Peter Heeley in court
- 10:37 The weeks best new DVDs to buy or stream
- 10:35 Chest mounted video cameras issued to EVERY frontline North Wales...
- 10:35 Arsenal to use Alexis Sanchez to land top European midfielder
- 10:34 ‘Bedtime stories for adults’ prove online hit
- 10:33 Images of Yesteryear
- 10:33 Monte Carlo World Rally Championship 2017 kicks off - Everything...
- 10:31 Driver rescued after lorry crashes on A1
- 10:31 Police crime report for Ashfield South
- 10:31 Ex-England defender reveals how Chelsea players feel about Diego...
- 10:30 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:30 Mel Gibson returns to the silver screen in big style with WWII...
- 10:28 Sky is putting its prices up in March and this is how you can stop it
- 10:28 Transfer News: Arsenal hijack Everton, Chelsea snub to cause Leeds...