News from Stratford Herald
Stratford’s general elections candidates pulled no punches last week as they battled to win votes at the Herald’s Elections Hustings. Former BBC presenter/broadcaster Will Hanrahan chaired the hustings, doing well to steer the debate through a range of q
SOUTHAM United will not be entering a team in the Midland Football League next season. The Saints have finished bottom of Midland League Division One for the past two seasons and they failed to register a win in the 2016/17 campaign. Chairman Charles Hil
GLORIOUS sunshine greeted racegoers at Proudly Warwick Celebration Day, as the curtain came down on the course’s May Racing Carnival and another successful season, writes David Hucker. Dan Skelton has been setting a scorching pace at the top of the train
With Stratford’s gleaming Everyman cinema rapidly approaching completion, the Herald were treated to an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the centre piece of the town’s new Bell Court development. Those walking through Bell Court could hardly have mis
STRATFORD District Council is well-run, but needs to be more ambitious. A so-called peer review, compiled by a team of officers and elected members from other councils elsewhere in the country, also acknowledges the council’s strong finances, high custom
MORE armed police are on the streets of Warwickshire, a senior county police officer has said. Martin Evans, assistant chief constable of Warwickshire Police, said the force was also reviewing public events that are due to take place in the wake of the M
THE mascot of a partnership between mobile phone company o2 and the NSPCC will be continuing its journey across the country along the River Avon today, Thursday. Tom Price and Rob Careless, who work at the o2 store in Evesham, will be rowing 15 miles ups
THE first 200 homes on a huge housing development in Shottery that has been on the drawing board for almost 20 years were given planning permission last night, Wednesday. Phase one of the development will see Bloor Homes built 124 homes for the open mark
Armed police were present at the RSC Theatre in Stratford last night as increased security measures were put in place across the country in response to Monday’s terrorist attack in Manchester. Catherine Mallyon, RSC Executive Director, said: “Exceptional
Pebworth has been selected to open on the National Garden Scheme flagship 90th Anniversary Festival Weekend this Saturday and Sunday (12midday to 6pm, entry £7, refreshments served). The Herald’s Focus magazine popped round to meet Wendi Weller, who live
THE future of Stratford-upon-Avon Picturehouse is in doubt as the Herald learns of major plans for the redevelopment of another area of the town centre. We can reveal how many bidders there are for Stratford-upon-Avon College and speak to the farmer on w
WARWICKSHIRE Ladies came out on top in their annual friendly bowls match against Wiltshire at Wellesbourne. Warwickshire won on all six rinks, with a final result of 126-79. Highest winning rink went to Pat Bax (Rugby Ladies) with Margaret Boldy (Avon),
Chris Dobson has been involved in Stratford Musical Theatre Company for 17 years. Their latest production is Sondheim’s musical Into The Woods. Chris, who takes on the leading role of the baker, tells Herald arts what makes this an extraordinary must-see
A two-week old baby girl escaped injury following a two-car road traffic collision on the Fosse Way this morning, though a 38-year-old woman was taken to hospital. The collision occurred just before 11.25am at Darlingscott, with the police, ambulance and
STRATFORD AC claimed a comfortable top-ten finish in this year’s National Masters Road Relay Championship at a wet and windy Sutton Park. The club were represented by a team in the M65 age group, consisting of Roger Wilson, Phil Brennan and David Jones.
- 11:37 No one’s impressed by Special K’s latest attempt at feminism
- 11:37 Diane Abbott: My views on IRA, like my hair, have changed
- 11:37 Car blaze drama at Preston petrol station
- 11:37 Girl hurt in Preston road traffic collision
- 11:36 Arrest after man dies on Radio 1 Big Weekend shuttle bus
- 11:36 Help! Mum locked out of house with child trapped inside
- 11:36 Bank Holiday weather: More thunderstorms could strike Yorkshire
- 11:35 Dunkirk: Harry Styles reveals the truth behind THAT water scene -...
- 11:35 Kaiser Chiefs to rock OAT
- 11:34 Conspiracy theory behind dates of recent terror attacks - just...
- 11:34 What will the weather be like in South Yorkshire over the Bank...
- 11:34 Bank Holiday weather: More thunderstorms could strike Yorkshire
- 11:33 Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha is just the man to help party-loving...
- 11:32 Kim Jong-un watches as North Korea tests new weapons
- 11:32 Police appeal after North East sex attack on 15-year-old girl
- 11:31 Reports of flash flooding in Yorkshire as stormy weather hits region
- 11:30 Watch: M5 driver cuts up then BRAKE TESTS car towing caravan
- 11:30 9 things we learned at Birmingham Pride
- 11:30 Hugely successful dance festival will be extended next year
- 11:30 British Airways disruption continues after IT failure
- 11:29 Newcastle Airport still subject to flight disruption from Heathrow...
- 11:29 Mass brawl at popular Tyne drinking spot leads to 6ft fence being...
- 11:28 Where does the Environment Agency have flood alerts in place in...
- 11:28 MIDAS SHARE TIPS: Specialist insurer Global Benefits Group proves...
- 11:28 US law firm claims I have £110k in shares to claim but I'll have to...
- 11:27 Police issue photo of Manchester attacker, believe bomb made in...
- 11:27 Arsenal primed to beat Chelsea to Serie A hitman Andrea Belotti in...
- 11:26 Police appeal for missing man
- 11:26 Libya Benghazi: Group blamed for 2012 attack on US mission disbands
- 11:26 Sri Lanka floods: Residents afraid as more rain forecast