News from Stratford Herald
MANAGER Dave Poulson blamed poor decision-making as FC Stratford succumbed to runaway league leaders NKF Burbage on Saturday. Stratford were hopeful of pulling off a surprise result at the DCS Stadium, but the visitors showed their class to stretch their
TOM Rance has spoken of his immense pride after his Stratford side gave Midlands 1 West leaders Newport a huge fright last Saturday. Following the previous weekend’s defeat to Moseley Oak, the Black and Whites knew they had to up their game to stand any
THE Princess Royal received a gift of flowers from Rachel Buxton during her royal visit to Chipping Campden this morning (Friday). Princess Anne said “good morning” and chatted about the chilly weather to 89-year-old Rachel who then apologised about her
STRATFORD AC’s ladies face a fight to keep their place in Midland Women’s League Division One The team finished 11th in last weekend’s meeting at Wolverhampton, leaving them with it all to do in the fourth and final fixture at the University of Warwick n
KINETON High School students and staff celebrate the life of former head teacher Julia Morris whose funeral and commemoration service takes place today, Friday 20th January. On her retirement in the summer of 2014, students and staff congregated on the s
THE first performance of the year at the Bear Pit Theatre rather cheerily deals with tragedy of greed, lust and betrayal. Yes, that’s right, Macbeth. Happily it is being performed by visiting company, Fred Theatre, who promise a new and intimate producti
THE Stratford-upon-Avon Herald has teamed up this week with Everyone Active Stratford Leisure Centre to offer readers the chance to win a year’s membership worth £435. The winner of this fantastic prize will enjoy free use of the leisure centre right thr
Pomegranate Trio, Stratford Chamber Music Society at Shakespeare Institute, Stratford, Sunday, 15th January CHAMBER musicians have come up with all manner of names for their ensembles over the centuries — the Amadeus String Quartet and the Beaux Arts Tri
A MAN has died after a collision between a van and a car. The crash happened just after 5.15pm on Thursday afternoon on the A429 just to the south of Ettington in Warwickshire. A South Western Ambulance Service ambulance transporting a patient to Warwick
A 29-year-old man from Leamington Spa has been arrested on suspicion of robbery following two incidents in Warwickshire on Sunday evening (15th January). The first incident occurred at the BP Garage on Stratford Road, Warwick at 8.42pm. It is alleged tha
Dozens of phone boxes will be removed across the region after Stratford District Council issued its formal response to BT, who want to call time 74 boxes across the district. At Monday’s cabinet meeting, councillors considered the results of a public con
UNEMPLOYMENT in Warwickshire has more than halved in four years, the latest figures show. The claimant count dropped from 3,565 to 3,550 in December. It is part of a longer term trend that has seen the overall figure for the region drop from 7,595 since
STRATFORD MP Nadhim Zahawi is joining Banbury MP Victoria Prentis in encouraging all those affected by changes to healthcare services in Oxfordshire to engage in Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group’s consultation, which was launched on Monday, as pa
RESIDENTS in Stratford district are still some of the best recyclers in England, as the District Council reaches seventh in the top ten councils for recycling and composting. Figures released show that Stratford-on-Avon District Council is still in the t
WELLESBOURNE Airfield’s popular Wings and Wheels event, which draws thousands of people to the site every year, has been cancelled for 2017. The XM655 Vulcan Preservation Society, which organises the event, confirmed Wings and Wheels will not take place
- 12:25 Foul-mouthed woman assaulted hospital receptionist after bust-up...
- 12:24 Man arrested at Chester FC v Wrexham derby game over racist abuse
- 12:24 Aston Villa transfer news: Conor Hourihane on a move to Villa Park
- 12:23 This is how Wayne Rooney celebrated breaking Manchester United's...
- 12:23 What to do if you need to call the police but it is too dangerous...
- 12:23 Woman unconscious after falling into Pocklington Beck
- 12:22 Newhall tip will now charge people for throwing away certain types...
- 12:22 Everton FC: Barkley remembers who he is while Davies follows up his...
- 12:20 Dumbarton FC blog: Frustrating defeat after string of impressive...
- 12:20 Send us your #SmearForSmear photos to raise awareness for Cervical...
- 12:19 Man City striker Gabriel Jesus opens up about debut frustration
- 12:18 From no food to roast dinners... the surgery that let me eat again:...
- 12:18 Air cadets show skills
- 12:18 Ivanka Trump: Donald’s daughter in pictures from child model to...
- 12:17 Chelsea have 'no doubts' over Diego Costa's commitment, says...
- 12:17 Ben Stokes fireworks help England set India 322 to win final one...
- 12:17 Roger Federer progresses to Australian Open quarter-final after...
- 12:16 School places issue in the political spotlight
- 12:14 It’s an unfolding miracle for Dakota
- 12:13 Winter restoration projects at historic Cumbrian hall are nearing...
- 12:13 Super-agent Jorge Mendes in talks with Chelsea over Diego Costa...
- 12:11 British woman’s five-year prison sentence on ‘secret...
- 12:11 Hat-trick of venues in the running for wedding award
- 12:11 Care home is rated as good after recent CQC inspection
- 12:11 Foul-mouthed woman assaulted hospital receptionist after bust-up...
- 12:10 Wrexham AFC fans left to wonder what might have been
- 12:09 2017 property crash would see £399 a week wiped off UK property values
- 12:08 ‘We need volunteers’: Burgh-le-Marsh Carnival is back
- 12:08 East Midlands Air Ambulance in demand
- 12:08 One in 13 has Type 2 diabetes, new figures show