News from Stratford Herald
A PUBLIC meeting has been organised by Bishopton Residents’ Action Group (BRAGS) to present an update about the proposed 500 homes development, in Bishopton. The meeting will be held on Monday 2nd October, at Bishopton Community Centre, in Stratford-upon
Vital affordable housing in Stratford-on-Avon District could soon be built by the council after the authority agreed to fund a £30,000 business case into the idea. During Monday’s Cabinet meeting members voted to fund investigations into the establishmen
Warwickshire Trading Standards is launching its annual electric blanket safety testing campaign. The service is also offering to safety test kettles, irons, toasters and Christmas lights at the same time. This is a free service offered to all Warwickshir
A day ahead of the Royal Shakespeare Company announcing their spring/summer 2018 season, artistic director Gregory Doran talked Arts Editor Gill Sutherland through the season highlights, and spoke about why five out six directors are female. See the seco
THE Mayor of Stratford-upon-Avon, the headmaster of KES and the vicar of Holy Trinity Church will no longer make decisions about the running of the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust under a new governance model. The previous board of 32 trustees — which inclu
A PUBLIC meeting will be held next week in an effort to diffuse increasing tensions over plans for the future of a historic swathe of land. What is being described as a question and answer session about the St Mary’s Lands Masterplan will take place in t
AN operation to remove dangerous weapons from the streets was launched on Monday by Warwickshire Police. The force cited a rise in knife-related crime, specifically in domestic incidents, and a growing culture among young people to carry knives. Last wee
FOOTBALL STRATFORD Town Youth will be looking to emulate the seniors by making progress in their FA competition tonight (Tuesday). After defeating Leamington a fortnight ago, the Under-18s now visit Nuneaton Town for a first qualifying round tie with a 7
Police are investigating reports of a robbery in Stratford earlier this month in which a teenager was punched and threatened with a knife. The victim, who was in his late teens, was approached by two men on Brookside Road on 7th September, sometime betwe
AHEAD of a recruitment evening for singers, on Wednesday 20th September, the founder director of Alcester Male Voice Choir speaks to Herald Arts about the choir’s early beginnings and receiving a British Empire Medal. Welsh-born Judith Land came to the M
BOWLS NORGEN duo Ellie and Lucy Bonny helped Warwickshire reach the quarter-finals of the Amy Rose Bowl two-rink national competition. The county’s players progressed through two rounds with impressive victories at Leamington but reigning champions Devon
A 16-year-old boy has died following a road traffic collision in Honeybourne on Thursday. The collision involved a bike and a silver Land Rover Freelander and occurred on Buckle Street at around 1.20pm. The boy, who was riding his bike at the time, suffe
A NEW action group has been launched to save Hannah Susan Greig Memorial Hall, in Alcester, with the first open meeting being held tomorrow (Tuesday 19th September). Alcester resident, Sheilagh Goode, has formed an action group, calling for anyone who is
FOOTBALL STRATFORD Town will be on their travels in their bid to reach the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup for the first time. Today’s third qualifying round draw handed Carl Adams’ men a tie away to Northern Premier Division One North Scarborough
A MAN was arrested on suspicion of burgling a house, near Shipston-on-Stour, dangerous driving, failing to stop for police, as well as driving whilst over the legal cannabis limit, yesterday (Sunday 17th September). A Cherington resident called Warwicksh
- 00:17 Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp must sort out defence… their aim...
- 00:17 Southampton News: Virgil van Dijk told he must wait to reclaim his...
- 00:17 Martin Glenn under fire with Mark Sampson saga on the back of...
- 00:17 Man Utd News: Victor Lindelof's WAG accuses club of “disgusting”...
- 00:17 Sadio Mane refuses to rule Liverpool out of Premier League title race
- 00:17 Antoine Griezmann happy as Chelsea star Diego Costa secures...
- 00:17 Ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez had 'most severe' brain disease
- 00:15 Kingsman The Golden Circle review: A start-studded, bloated,...
- 00:15 Borg Vs McEnroe review: A handsome, well-made trip down memory lane
- 00:15 In Between review: There is a freshness and sincerity to this tale
- 00:15 Our Last Tango and On Body And Soul reviews
- 00:15 Alastair Campbell: My six best books
- 00:15 Dear Cancer, Love Victoria: A Mum’s Diary Of Hope review:...
- 00:15 Oslo - National Theatre review: Part history lesson, part...
- 00:15 Five Guys Named Moe review: Audience become part of the entertainment
- 00:15 Adventures of a young naturalist review: David Attenborough has an...
- 00:15 Rick Buckler: My six best albums – The Jam, Jimi Hendrix and Dr...
- 00:14 How 'the invisible network' poses a major security threat
- 00:10 Film round up 22.9.2017
- 00:10 Extreme vacuousness prevails
- 00:10 Focus returns to the pitch for the start of the WSL
- 00:10 Rugby League: Hull skipper knows Castleford will be difficult
- 00:10 Women in football: How did Sampson get top job?
- 00:11 Junior football: Cambuslang Rangers aware of Pumpherston attacking...
- 00:10 The fiction of impartiality
- 00:11 Scottish Junior Cup: East Kilbride Thistle dreaming of glory ahead...
- 00:11 Will former East Kilbride FC players return to haunt Kilby in...
- 00:11 Stats don't worry me: East Kilbride FC's Sean Winter backs team to...
- 00:10 The future is electric
- 00:10 We must act now on our toxic air