News from Stratford Herald
A row has erupted between a prominent local UKIP member and the Shakespeare hospice over its selection of speakers for a special fundraising event focusing on Brexit. Edward Fila, chairman of the Stratford UKIP branch, is unhappy that no-one who adopted
STRATFORD Town have bolstered their attacking options with the signing of former Kidderminster Harriers striker Jamie Spencer. The 23-year-old joins the club from Midland League Premier Division leaders Alvechurch ahead of Tuesday night’s home game again
Emergency services were called to a blaze at a car body shop in Armscote today. The fire, which occurred at a property on Ilmington Road, was reported just before 9.30am and two fire crews were dispatched to the scene. Crews used hose jets and breathing
A judge has told the jury in the trial of the two people accused of the ‘sadistic’ murder of Bethany Hill that they must consider the case against each of the defendants separately. It has been alleged during the trial at Warwick Crown Court that transge
Dog owners are being warned to keep their pets under control in the countryside after five dogs were shot dead by farmers in South Warwickshire last week. The dogs were shot in two separate incidents on Thursday and Friday as they were attacking sheep an
Warwickshire residents are being urged to complete the county’s second annual cyber crime survey and share their experiences of online crime. The survey, which finishes on 31st January, will assess how safe people feel online when they are using social m
A LOCAL tree surgeon says the future of his 20 year-old business is in doubt following the theft of three chainsaws worth £1,800 from the back of his truck on 15th January. Stephen Morgan of Preston-on-Stour built up his tree surgeon business – Heart of
RACING Club Warwick’s five-match unbeaten run came to an end as they went down to a 3-1 defeat to Heath Hayes at Townsend Meadow on Saturday. Goals from Harry Phillips and Charlie Ware saw visitors lead 2-0 at the break. Jamie Smith got one back on the h
THE former McKechnies café on Rother Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, has been acquired by new owners. Rebranded Vigour Café, the outlet is now focusing on offering fresh, healthy, home-cooked British food. The new owners are also launching a bespoke caterin
A 29-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of robbery following two incidents last Sunday evening. The first incident happened at the BP Garage on Stratford Road, Warwick, at 8.42pm. A man entered the garage, produced a firearm and demanded money f
STRATFORD climbed back up to fourth in the Midlands 1 West table with a five-try 29-15 victory at Stoke on Saturday. The Black and Whites produced a superb performance in their defeat to leaders Newport the previous week and they carried on where they ha
THE soaring popularity of the annual Two Castles run between Warwick and Kenilworth has seen organisers move to a ballot system for the first time in the event’s history. Capped at 4,000 entries, organisers Kenilworth Rotary Club confirmed the move after
POLICE are hunting for a man in connection with fraud offences. The first incident occurred on Aston Road in Chipping Campden on 2nd January when a man knocked on an elderly woman’s door and offered to do some work on her driveway. The woman politely dec
THE RSPCA is appealing for information after an emaciated German Shepherd dog with rotting skin was found wandering in a country lane in Warwick. The nine-year-old dog, named Jake, was picked up by a local dog warden on Thursday 5th January after being f
WORKING in the dark in the middle of a field, West Midlands Ambulance Service was helped by lighting from its own Hazardous Area Response Team vehicles and from the fire service to free a woman from her car (accident scene, pictured). Ambulance crews wer
- 07:09 Teaching 'weakest aspect' of education in Wales - Estyn
- 07:09 Top execs of Abu Dhabi's Etihad airline group to quit amid strategy...
- 07:08 Chester man's depraved killer must spend the rest of his life...
- 07:08 Tottenham key men reveal all on Man United transfer rumours: This...
- 07:08 Liverpool legend: Jurgen Klopp must make this tactical change at...
- 07:08 Talksport presenter: I heard this Man United transfer will happen
- 07:07 Woman survives chip pan blaze in Sheffield
- 07:07 Virgil van Dijk injury update: Southampton boss admits star man...
- 07:07 South Yorkshire Police search for missing man
- 07:07 Yellow warning for fog in Derby as Met Office cautions driving...
- 07:07 Breaking news: Burst water main on busy Derby road
- 07:05 Campaign to attract more teachers to Northamptonshire
- 07:04 Man United Transfer News: Chelsea to gazump £38m deal, winger...
- 07:02 Why much loved tree could be set for reprieve after all
- 06:58 Live: Breaking news from Liverpool and Merseyside Tuesday January 24
- 06:58 Stan Wawrinka storms into Australian Open semi-finals after fiery...
- 06:57 Edgar House in Chester named Europe's most romantic hotel
- 06:55 Transfer News: Hart to Chelsea, Man Utd deal sanctioned, shock...
- 06:54 Horse riders say they’re dicing with death because of speeding drivers
- 06:54 Union claims South Tyneside schools face £4million-plus funding...
- 06:54 Motorists react with anger to advertising sign
- 06:53 Council planning notices
- 06:53 Woman pulled from house blaze in Northumberland
- 06:53 Tottenham eye international star... his agent was in London for talks
- 06:52 Update: Driver in 'serious condition' in hospital after crash on A50
- 06:50 Liverpool open talks with highly-rated playmaker: Jurgen Klopp's a...
- 06:50 Drink-driver claimed driving instructor told her she could have...
- 06:48 SAP nudges up multi-year outlook after posting in-line 2016 results
- 06:48 Flights cancelled at Heathrow for second day amid fog
- 06:45 Liam Kennedy’s match analysis: Wintery gloom lifted at the Vic as...