News from Stratford Herald
A huge fly in event organised to highlight the threat to Wellesbourne Airfield from housing developers, has been abandoned. The event, proposed by the group Landed Aviation, had been pencilled in for the 21st May, with organisers initially suggesting up
Gonzo Moose Theatre Company bring The Thing That Came From Over There to Stretton On Fosse Village Hall today (Sunday, 26th February at 7pm). Inspired by 1950s B movies with a healthy dose of silliness and mayhem, this theatrical show is a fast-packed ro
WELLESBOURNE and Shakespeare Lions Clubs are aiming to raise over £10,000 for Riding for the Disabled Association (RDA) at the popular Lions charity raft race on Sunday, 23rd July 2017. “Our annual raft race is a fun event and this year will be our 41st
STRATFORD ALLIANCE Aquaid Division One Alveston 0-5 Badsey United Feckenham Res 1-0 Studley United Ilmington United 4-2 Alcester Town Res Northfield Athletic P-P South Redditch Athletic Quinton 1-7 Henley Forest League Table POS P W D L GD PTS 1 Claverdo
FITTER Futures, Warwickshire’s healthy lifestyles service, reminds residents that there is support available to help young people to make healthier lifestyle choices and build physical activity into their daily lives. Nearly one in three of all year six
Stratford Town 1-0 Biggleswade Town Report by Bryan Hale STRATFORD completed a quickfire seasonal double over the Waders as they followed up their win in the reverse fixture at Biggleswade ten days earlier with another narrow success at a breezy DCS Stad
STRATFORD-UPON-AVON-based car dealer Listers has been announced as the sponsor of this year’s Stratford Festival of Motoring. The two-day celebration of motoring – now in its fifth year – takes place on the May Bank Holiday weekend, Sunday, 30th April 30
WILMCOTE Primary School pupils now have lots of new playground equipment to enjoy at the school. An official opening of the new playground equipment was held to celebrate the teamwork put in to fund the equipment. Donations were received from Wilmcote Ch
RACHEL Ollerenshaw, the co-founder of charity Molly Olly’s Wishes, was at the official opening of a new £1million support centre at Birmingham Children’s Hospital. Magnolia House – the first of its kind in the UK – has two private counselling rooms, a ca
Jolly journey of Polo explorer! JOHN Shuttleworth hits the road following appearances on Celebrity Antiques Roadshow and the second series of Radio Four’s John Shuttleworth’s Lounge Music for his farewell tour, Last Will and Tasty Mint, which comes to th
ALCESTER Town player-manager Danny Janes will use their forthcoming Challenge Vase semi-final to get the best out of his players against Moors Academy tomorrow (Saturday). Janes admits Alcester have underachieved in the Midland League Division Three this
Football Saturday, 25th February Evo-Stik Southern League Premier Division (3pm) Stratford Town v Biggleswade Town Midland League Division One (3pm) Bolehall Swifts v Racing Club Warwick Littleton v Leicester Road Stafford Town v Southam United Division
A WOMAN has died after being pulled from a fire at a flat this morning, Friday. West Midlands Ambulance Service was called to Humphris Street in Warwick at 8am. A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “On arrival, fire crews were searching the
Warwickshire County Highways, Forestry and Fire and Rescue teams work to battle the effects of Storm Doris...
MORE than 200 trees were toppled in Warwickshire in the last 24 hours as the high winds of Storm Doris battered the county. Consistent wind speeds of up to 61 mph were measured from Warwickshire County Concil roadside weather stations during yesterday
A BRONZE sculpture of Shakespeare could be erected on a stone plinth at the junction of High Street and Sheep Street, Stratford-upon-Avon. This latest proposal by Stratford businessman Tony Bird to erect the statue comes after previous plans to site it o
- 19:02 Snapped: Manchester United lift EFL Cup at Wembley after beating...
- 19:03 David Tennant closes Glasgow Film Festival with RD Laing biopic
- 19:01 Firefighters free child trapped in bedroom
- 19:02 Gary Neville discusses Zlatan Ibrahimovic arrogance and why striker...
- 19:01 Football fan attacked after Sheffield United match
- 19:01 Sheffield teen goes missing from Pitsmoor
- 19:01 Record-setting stock rally faces test in Trump speech
- 19:01 Warning issued over fake £5 notes - how to tell if yours is real
- 19:01 Zlatan Ibrahimovic hits back at haters after firing Manchester...
- 19:01 Government is wrecking council services says city's Labour leader...
- 19:01 VIDEO: Watch the moment a man descends Sheffield's 'cheese grater'
- 19:00 Zlatan Ibrahimovic proves key for Manchester United and Jose Mourinho
- 18:58 View from the Zoo: Studying elaborate courtship techniques
- 18:58 Zlatan Ibrahimovic reveals real reason he signed for Manchester United
- 18:58 Paul Pogba: EFL Cup win is special for everyone
- 18:57 Zlatan Ibrahimovic rises to the occasion once again as David...
- 18:54 Zlatan Ibrahimovic gives Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United reign...
- 18:52 Exclusive: Algeria's Sonatrach in talks to begin offshore drilling...
- 18:52 Chelsea were offered £90million for Diego Costa by Chinese Super...
- 18:52 Invite to an evening of worldwide cuisine
- 18:50 Republic of Ireland manager Martin O'Neill rules out return to...
- 18:48 Man United star Zlatan Ibrahimovic is incredible: Michael Carrick...
- 18:48 Liverpool forced to make humiliating Twitter change after Man Utd...
- 18:46 Club boss says: We're trying to sign Lionel Messi
- 18:46 Tottenham 4 Stoke 0: Harry Kane masterclass reignites title race
- 18:46 MMA fighter almost loses his head after FEROCIOUS front kick KO...
- 18:45 Cost of fixing Derby's potholes rises to £15 MILLION
- 18:44 Trump might support probe into Yemen raid, White House says
- 18:44 Charlie Palmer still angry with Belper Town attackers
- 18:44 How to spot a fake £5 note, as Bank of England warns of counterfeits