News from Stratford Herald
JOCKEY Daryl Jacob was the man in form at Stratford’s second meeting of the new season on Saturday, riding a double to the delight of another good-sized crowd soaking up the spring sunshine, writes David Hucker. Apache Song, runner-up at Doncaster on her
STRATFORD Town turned in one of their best performances of the season as they secured a 2-0 victory over local rivals Banbury United on Saturday, writes Bryan Hale. Goals from Will Grocott and Mike Taylor secured Town all three points as they dented Banb
DETAILS of a major £2.25million project to expand Shipston-on-Stour High School have been revealed. It will see nine new classrooms, staff offices, toilets and a new foyer built. The school said that a large number of new housing developments being built
CHILDREN are being invited to say it with flowers this Mother’s Day at a free event at the Guild Chapel in Stratford-upon-Avon. Families are invited to drop in anytime between 11am and 1pm on Saturday, 25th March, to make a posy for mum, using flowers pr
FOLLOWING in the tracks of Pippa and James Middleton, Wootton Wawen’s Alan Coley-Smith competed in the 49th Engadin Ski Marathon. This annual cross-country ski race is held on the second Sunday of March in the stunning surroundings of Switzerland’s upper
STRATFORD MP Nadhim Zahawi has been paid a £253,200 bonus by a Middle East oil company. Mr Zahawi was paid the bonus by Gulf Keystone Petroleum (GKP), which employs him as a part-time chief strategy officer. It was detailed in the updated Register of Mem
BRITISH summer time may be arriving tomorrow, Sunday, but the clocks at Snowshill Manor, near Broadway, will once again remain unchanged. Inside the manor there are 178 items within the horology collection, including around 60 clocks and clock movements,
AFTER attracting a good-sized crowd for the opening meeting of the 2017 season last week, Stratford manager Ilona Barnett will be hoping for more of the same on Saturday, when course bookmakers have helped swell the total prize fund to £50,000, writes Da
WITH Red Nose Day, the annual jambori of comedy, taking over the airwaves on BBC1 tonight people all over the Stratford district have been doing their wacky bit to support the charity’s good causes. It was no yoke at Tiddington Pre-School where manager J
TALKS have been held between police and Warwickshire County Council over closing Henley Street in Stratford-upon-Avon to traffic following Wednesday’s terror attack in London. The idea was considered in the hours after a man mowed down several people on
CRITICAL health care issues came under the spotlight in Stratford-upon-Avon on Friday at a meeting between Stratford-on-Avon district councillors and the Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group over proposed changes to services at the Horton Hospital in
TWO pupils from Alveston Primary School were among the judges at this year’s School Chef of the Year competition. Sam Seaborn and Gracie Foley, both in year six, helped judged the quality of the meals cooked by the ten finalists from around the country.
OSCAR Barbour claimed victory in the third round of the Tewkesbury Aquathlon. The Stratford Triathlon Club member clocked a swift 23.58 for the 400m swim and 5k run. His stunning swim of just 5.44 was topped off by his current impressive running form to
STRATFORD Town Tornados under-13s are celebrating after reaching the final of the Ambassador Evesham League Cup. Despite missing several key players, Stratford produced their best performance of the season as they thrashed Badsey Rangers 5-0 in their sem
WARWICK School’s under-15 rugby team have followed in the under-18s’ footsteps by qualifying for the NatWest Schools Cup final at Twickenham. A 33-22 semi-final victory over Ivybridge ensured the school will have two sides at rugby’s HQ next Wednesday, 2
- 06:27 Social media firms 'must do more' to stop extremist material
- 06:27 LETTER: George Osborne - An insult to our own MP
- 06:26 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: Ten amazing things to do in Derbyshire
- 06:25 11 PLUS QUIZ: Are you smarter than an 11 year old?
- 06:25 When do the clocks go forward in 2017?
- 06:25 Is this Britain’s most stupid legal high as kids sniff fumes from...
- 06:24 The cheap safety device which could save your family's life
- 06:23 Under the Radar: Tamzene
- 06:21 Couple's dream house goes down the drain after contractor goes into...
- 06:21 'Slave drivers' Amazon delivery staff forced to go weeks without...
- 06:21 Cornton Vale women's prison named most violent jail in Scotland
- 06:21 Buckfast Easter eggs destroyed after Trading Standards crackdown
- 06:21 Footballer banned from every ground in Britain after invading pitch...
- 06:21 Six new gun attacks in violent Glasgow gang war thwarted by secret...
- 06:21 Ex-First Minister Henry McLeish backs fight for more research into...
- 06:21 Call for drinks Diageo giant to donate iconic Monarch of the Glen...
- 06:21 Dodgy doc who failed to diagnose tragic teen is still being allowed...
- 06:21 Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's superstar comic book creator...
- 06:21 11 PLUS QUIZ: Are you smarter than an 11 year old?
- 06:21 Is this Britain’s most stupid legal high as kids sniff fumes from...
- 06:21 Ronald Koeman wants former player at Everton but Chelsea offer may...
- 06:21 Rugby leap year proposal pair tie the knot
- 06:20 WIN! Family ticket to Gulliver’s Easter Extravaganza
- 06:20 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: Ten amazing things to do in Derbyshire
- 06:18 Rolling news is leading to mass hysteria after terror attacks
- 06:18 11 PLUS QUIZ: Are you smarter than an 11 year old?
- 06:18 Cops hunt Scottish brothers over £13m solar panel scam that ripped...
- 06:18 Is this Britain’s most stupid legal high as kids sniff fumes from...
- 06:18 From Little Irchester to Africa: New challenge for animal lover Lizzie
- 06:18 Compromise offered in funding row over future of Corby Urgent Care...