News from Stamford Mercury
Lincolnshire’s top doctor has rolled his sleeves up and set an example by having a flu jab before the winter. Professor Aly Rashid, medical director of NHS England in Lincolnshire, received his vaccination to help highlight the importance of NHS staff an
Millions of Brits are leaving their windows and doors unlocked, leaving keys in the garden and relying on their dog to keep their home safe, a study has found. One in five leave their doors unlocked all or most of the time on a typical day and 48 per cen
South Kesteven District Council voted yesterday (Monday, October 24) against a Mayoral Combined Authority. Twenty-eight district councillors voted against a Mayoral Combined Authority, 17 voted for it and there were two abstentions. It follows Lincolnshi
Officers clamping down on hare coursing in Lincolnshire, under Operation Galileo, have arrested 10 men since September 1. In addition to the arrests, two cars and seven dogs have been seized and several men have been told to leave the county. Among the a
A house has been destroyed in a blaze which firefighters tackled for several hours today (Monday). The semi-detached home, in New Estate, Swinstead – between Grantham and Stamford – was 100 per cent damaged by fire, according to Lincolnshire Fire and Res
Lincolnshire Police have received only two applications for the post of a new Chief Constable - despite advertising the post in America, Canada and Australia. Current chief Neil Rhodes retires in February and Lincolnshire were recently given permission t
Deepings Swimming club and ASA England Programmes are holding a Talent Identification Session for disabled swimmers on Saturday, October 29, at Deepings Leisure Centre. The attendance criteria is you must be able to swim 15 metres or more and be comforta
A commitment to finding the “best possible candidate” for the top job at Lincolnshire Police has been made by the man responsible for overseeing the force. Coun Marc Jones, Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) for Lincolnshire, revealed that his search fo
Pupils of The Bythams Primary School have shown they have truly big hearts by fully organising a fund-raiser for the Britsh Heart Foundation (BHF). As part of their learning about the heart and circulatory system, children in Years 5 and 6 were set a cha
Firefighters were called to a house fire in Swinstead this morning (Monday), just after 8.30am. Crews from Grantham, Bourne and Stamford were called to the fire on New Estate – one crew remains on scene, according to Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue. No furt
Today (Monday) is the seventh anniversary of the brutal murder of a Bourne supermarket worker, Alan Wood. The 50-year-old man’s mutilated and lifeless body was found on the living room floor of his home in Lound by a neighbour on October 24, 2009. Police
An innovative company based in Stamford has been declared top class in an awards contest aimed at finding the best rural businesses in the country. The Wool Room, which has its flagship store in Star Lane, Stamford, has been named Best Rural Clothing or
Three-quarters of Brits are what is described as ‘micro-criminals’ - committing tiny crimes in shops and online to get a better deal. Research by YouGov found that 74 per cent of UK citizens had perpetrated at least one very minor crime. Most common was
Nursery staff and parents plan fundraiser for Mason - and businesses are urged to donate auction prizes
A fundraising dinner and auction is being planned to raise funds to help a young boy born with a range of complex health needs. Mason Sallis, 3, has Pierre Robin sequence – which means he has a small lower jaw and large tongue which causes breathing diff
Pictured above is the new Reception class at Bourne Elsea Park Primary Academy. To order a photograph call 03301230203 or visit spaldingtoday.co.uk and click ‘Buy A Photo: (SG290916-123TW)
- 03:06 Parrot fossil unearthed in Siberia
- 03:05 Single parents owed millions of pounds for child maintenance, study...
- 03:05 Prince Harry to visit youth projects in Nottingham
- 02:48 Calais Jungle descends into LAWLESS MAYHEM as migrants riot for...
- 02:46 Worksop: Launch of fundraising market stall in aid of Amelia
- 02:42 Women's football: Big derby weekend as Llandudno take on Rhyl
- 02:35 Millions of Brits risking home security
- 02:35 Lincolnshire’s top doctor has flu jab to set example
- 02:14 Prince of Wales joins soil boosting project
- 02:06 Calais Jungle clearance to continue
- 02:02 Crime will not be cut with lack of action on young adult offenders,...
- 02:00 Sleaford People: Tara Hurst is looking forward to her new business...
- 01:56 GM's OnStar, IBM's Watson combine to market brands to drivers
- 01:56 Female Focus: Sara Williams (Amlwch Town)
- 01:54 Kate Beckinsale's husband Len Wiseman files for divorce after 12...
- 01:54 Just purr-fect! Busty Lauryn Goodman sports kitten ears and...
- 01:54 'The kindest and wisest friend I ever knew': Stephen Fry pays...
- 01:54 TOWIE's Pete Wicks takes Megan McKenna on a spa break in a...
- 01:54 The tight stuff! Imogen Thomas flaunts her curvy figure in plunging...
- 01:54 Made to turn heads! Tiffany Watson wows in plunging jumpsuit as she...
- 01:54 Amber Le Bon shows off her slender limbs in a cute pink and white...
- 01:53 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Wednesday
- 01:49 How will Brexit affect Birmingham's German Christmas Market?
- 01:46 Crime will not be cut with lack of action on young adult offenders,...
- 01:44 Oil prices fall as concerns over global fuel glut re-emerge
- 01:34 Judge approves VW's record US emissions settlement
- 01:29 Birmingham City v Aston Villa: Robbie Savage whips up rivalry with...
- 01:25 LG Display third quarter profit down 2.9 percent vs year earlier
- 01:25 May defies critics to back new $22 billion Heathrow runway
- 01:23 'Super-parenting' improves children's autism