News from St Helens Reporter
Homeowners in Prescot and Whiston are set to see their council tax bill rocket by 4.99 per cent. Knowsley Council’s cabinet endorsed the recommendation, which will see three per cent of the rise ring-fenced for adult social care services. The proposal wi
Popular sandwich store Subway is set to open a new outlet in Eccleston, creating up to 12 jobs. The Millfield Court shop is expected to open on March 6 and will be based on the former Triplex site. Franchisee Anthony Deegan, who runs a further six stores
Mystery surrounds the identity of a Good Samaritan who removed tyres dumped outside an historic Newton-le-Willows church. Parishioners were outraged when up to 30 tyres were left outside the gates of Emmanuel Church. And they were upset even further when
Corporation Street in St Helens has been partially closed this evening, sparking traffic problems across the town centre. Motorists are warned that the short stretch of Corporation Street fronting Atlas House is currently closed as remedial works to Atla
An under 8s football team has secured £1,000 funding from a North West builder. Newton-le-Willows U8 Aces football team were awarded the cash as part of Persimmon Homes’ Community Champions scheme, that allows charities and groups to apply for funding up
Storm Doris has rapidly deepened over the last 24 hours as it has under gone what the Met Office call Explosive Cyclogenisis making it a Weather Bomb. In certain circumstances the central pressure inside a frontal depression can fall at a very rapid rate
Electricity North West, the Lancashire's power network operator, has drafted in extra engineers to help keep the lights on and repair any potential damage caused by Storm Doris. Mark Williamson, operations director at Electricity North West, said: “We ar
St Augustine of Canterbury Catholic High School in St Helens recently hosted a touring exhibition produced by the most respected Holocaust education facility in the world, Yad Vashem, which is based in Israel. The travelling exhibition ‘No Child’s Play:
As part of the Heritage Lottery Fund supported ‘St Helens Through the Lens’ project, St Helens Local History and Archives are asking for residents to become part of local history by contributing their own stories, memories and photographs to the archive.
Garstang actress Kym Marsh has said she is proud of Coronation Street writers for a truthful portrayal of the effects of stillbirth on families. The star, who plays Michelle Connor in the ITV soap, said she hoped the storyline would encourage others who
Police are appealing for information after burglars broke into a church and stole four televisions. They forced open a rear window and internal door to get into Ebenezer Independent Methodist Church, on West End Road, Haydock, between 8pm on Saturday and
The Met Office have upgraded their warning for Lancashire to 'Amber' as storm Doris heads to the UK. Forecasters are now predicting that parts of Lancashire could be battered by winds of up to 80mph and residents are being warned to prepare for extreme w
The husband of murdered MP Jo Cox is calling on the UK to throw a “massive party to show our unity and to celebrate what we have in common”. Mother-of-two Mrs Cox was shot and stabbed by neo-Nazi Thomas Mair in her Batley and Spen constituency days befor
Campaigners are preparing to march on St Helens town hall aiming to “make their voices heard”. The Rainford Action Group will lead the protest ahead of the next full council meeting, which will take place on March 1. They will be joined by groups from Bi
Most mums and dads want to help protect their kids' teeth but some parents can find oral health advice confusing. With this in mind we had a chat with a dental expert who can help you to stop your children's teeth from decaying. As a local dentist and mu
- 12:01 World Day of Prayer event at town church
- 12:00 All you need to know about ultra-marathons as Burton Albion man...
- 11:59 Someone invented a genius way to stop cereal going soggy, but it’s...
- 11:59 Children's home abuse accused appears in court
- 11:58 Have you seen the Mick Foley plaque in Sefton Park?
- 11:57 Drivers caught using mobile phones face harsher penalties - what...
- 11:57 High-flying drone nearly hit passenger plane at East Midlands Airport
- 11:55 Oops! Man drives into police van while drunk
- 11:55 £700,000 is what you'll need for a des res in Lincolnshire's most...
- 11:55 Dani Alves wants Man City move - and other transfer talk
- 11:55 Carlo Ancelotti: I hate agreeing with Man United boss Jose Mourinho...
- 11:55 Arsenal star posts worrying injury update on Instragam account: It...
- 11:53 Paul Scholes: This Man United player has disappointed me
- 11:53 Williams F1 2017 launch: Stunning new snaps of FW40 car
- 11:52 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos
- 11:52 Be warned: new phone scam on its way here
- 11:52 Blind boy, 9, with cerebral palsy dies from starvation weighing...
- 11:50 Elderly woman injured in accident
- 11:49 Starbucks Frappuccino bath bombs are now a thing
- 11:49 West Brom vs Bournemouth: How can you follow it, team news, odds,...
- 11:49 Erdington roof siege: Wanted man held riot police at bay from top...
- 11:49 Andy Carroll picks unlikely name in his dream five-a-side team
- 11:49 Southampton boss Claude Puel: My players can stop this Man United star
- 11:48 Look inside eerie abandoned Anglesey WWII soldiers' home
- 11:45 Chelsea star sends message to Antonio Conte: I have proven myself -...
- 11:45 Arsenal tell fans Alexis Sanchez is leaving the club this summer
- 11:45 UPDATE: Woman dies after flat fire
- 11:45 Warwick man jailed for burglary
- 11:44 How Lincolnshire bomber crews made sure SS-GB is pure fiction
- 11:44 Cabbage perform at Cafe Indie - pictures and video