News from St Helens Reporter
This is the couple who have admitted handling the stolen laptop and mobile phone of murdered college student Ellen Higginbottom and then trying to destroy them. Dean Speakman and Vicki Calland, both from Billinge, pleaded guilty to handling stolen goods
Detectives are appealing for help to catch a 46-year-old man wanted in connection with sex assault in St Helens. Qingzhu Liu, who has links to the St Helens, Warrington and Manchester areas, is described as having black hair and brown eyes. Extensive eff
Residents in St Helens are being asked their views about their local pharmacy. A consultation, which includes an online survey, has been opened to ask people about the last time they used their pharmacy, how they would rate their experience and other que
Merseyside Police Chief Constable Andy Cooke QPM has congratulated two officers after their recognition in the Queen’s Birthday Honours. The officers are: Detective Constable Tracy O’Hara has received the Queen’s Police Medal for Distinguished Services t
Bernard Meehan, 64-years-old, from St Helens, is a blind Army veteran who served in the Royal Corps of Signals. Bernard, alongside other vision-impaired veterans and Blind Veterans UK ‘s community team, will come together at the Armed Forces Day national
A campaigning MP says he is “disappointed” Helen’s Law - named in memory of a Billinge murder victim - was not included in the Queen’s speech. Conor McGinn, whose constituency includes Billinge, Garswood and Haydock, has been at the forefront of a bid to
St Helens is once again among the front runners when it comes to first preference school admissions after achieving its best ever results for secondary school applications. New data from the Department for Education shows that 96.5 percent of applicants
The Hope Centre has recently benefited from a makeover – not just any makeover, but an M&S makeover. As part of their Making Every Moment Special in Your Community campaign, the local Marks and Spencer team chose to support the Hope Centre in...
Social media service Snapchat has introduced a new tracker in its latest update allowing people to see the exact location of their friends. The update allows you to see the exact area, town, street and even house in the street of any user. Some parents g
The deputy headteacher of a St Helens primary school has been recognised for his service to teaching after picking up a lifetime achievement award. Mark Thomas, who has taught at Parish C.E Primary School in Charles Street for the past 13 years, was one
Health chiefs in St Helens are looking for views on changes to stroke services in the town. Professor Sarah O’Brien, Clinical Chief Executive at NHS St Helens Clinical Commissioning Group said: “We are committed to constantly reviewing the services we pr
Council chiefs have issued a warning of the dangers of swimming in the borough’s open waters. St Helens Council’s Cabinet Member for Community Safety, Councillor Lisa Preston, has stressed the importance of staying clear of lakes, ponds and reservoirs as
Johnny Vegas appeared at Glastonbury ... during a controversial screening of his film The Libertine. At the showing, the film’s star Johnny Depp joked about assassinating President Donald Trump. The Hollywood actor received a rock star welcome during the
A couple has admitted handling the stolen laptop and mobile phone of murdered college student Ellen Higginbottom and then trying to destroy them. Dean Speakman and Vicki Calland, both from Billinge, pleaded guilty to handling stolen goods and perverting
A trial date has been set for a man accused of murdering teenager Ellen Higginbottom. Mark Steven Buckley will stand trial on December 11 after being charged with the 18-year-old’s murder. The 51-year-old appeared via videolink from HMP Manchester for a
- 08:09 FARMING MATTERS: All hands on deck for sheep shearing
- 08:09 $esc.html($content.name)
- 08:09 Recognition for Park volunteers
- 08:09 Fun for festival-goers at the Allanton Inn
- 08:09 Landowners consulted on coastal path
- 08:08 Brexit business is booming, say four captains of industry
- 08:07 From the Metro Arena to Manchester - father-of-five's tribute to...
- 08:07 Wrongly jailed Nick Dunn's fight for freedom drags on as Chennai...
- 08:06 Bears’ success rewarded with GB call-ups
- 08:06 "Does this sound like a girl suffering from depression?" Sister's...
- 08:05 WATCH Endangered Bornean orang-utan is born at Twycross Zoo - and...
- 08:04 Young Rugby dancers win awards in prestigious festival
- 08:04 County councillor steps down from cabinet following ‘breach of...
- 08:01 Colombia conflict: ELN rebels free Dutch journalists
- 07:59 Lights, camera, action! Behind the scenes of a new cinema advert...
- 07:55 Spa pool at Huddersfield Leisure Centre may never reopen
- 07:54 Join Skegness school for 40th anniversary June Day Jaunt celebration
- 07:53 Arsenal transfer news LIVE updates: Lacazette latest, Mbappe hope,...
- 07:53 Travellers pitch up on Myton Fields again
- 07:50 Henry Onyekuru gets UK visa after Arsenal agree £6.8m transfer fee...
- 07:49 Former Coventry City defender Blair Adams joins Hartlepool United
- 07:49 Video 5 of 5: Heatwave a boost for Grantham Carnival
- 07:44 RMT announces three-day strike on Northern rail network
- 07:43 Peter O'Mahony's journey from the back pitches of his local club in...
- 07:43 New Zealand vs British and Irish Lions LIVE: Follow all the action...
- 07:41 The biggest fee paid in every Premier League summer transfer window...
- 07:41 Colwyn Bay promenade development countdown as school holiday looms
- 07:41 These are the road closures for Cycle Live Nottingham this weekend
- 07:34 La Liga stadiums ranked by capacity: Which grounds are biggest?
- 07:27 Care home in Ellesmere Port is shut after family's audio recording...