News from Spenborough Guardian
0 Have your say Goalkeeper Marco Silvestri was the hero as Leeds United went through to the last eight of the EFL Cup in memorable style at Elland Road. The Whites came from behind twice to draw 2-2 despite having to play the whole of extra-time with 10
0 Have your say More bad news for motorists as the cost of fuel rose again last week, with unleaded petrol now at 115.2 pence per litre. This is 1.5 pence per litre more than the previous week, similar to the 1.4p rise the previous week. Office of Nation
0 Have your say Dewsbury Sacrifices are hosting weekly drop-in sessions so that the public can learn more about the First World War and even trace their long lost ancestors. The group is staging the sessions every Wednesday morning at Longcauseway URC (1
0 Have your say The violent murder of a newspaper employee in West Yorkshire is being re-examined by detectives, 30 years after his death. William Bill Smith was walking along an unlit pathway at the back of Mirfield Memorial Park and the Calder Hebble C
0 Have your say The violent murder of a newspaper employee is being re-examined by detectives, 30 years after his death. William Bill Smith was walking along an unlit pathway at the back of Mirfield Memorial Park and the Calder Hebble Canal when he was b
0 Have your say Take That superstar Gary Barlow today announced he will join songwriting pal Eliot Kennedy to perform at the Jo Heselden-Edwards' Hidden Wounds album launch for Help For Heroes. The spectacular charity concert will see him on a star-studd
0 Have your say A Swedish firm has designed the world’s first airbag for cyclists. The Hövding airbag is designed to revolutionise head protection and videos of the invention online have attracted more than 150 million views as cyclists get excited about
0 Have your say YORKSHIRE’S ambulance service is to end its contracts with most of its non-NHS providers after an “unbearable squeeze” on funding saw it pay private firms and charities more than £7m to transport patients. Private ambulances were sent to
0 Have your say Drivers faced severe delays this morning following the closure of the M62. The route was closed for around three hours in both directions between junctions 25 and 26, Brighouse and Chain Bar. Police say the motorway is now open but length
0 Have your say Do Wah Diddy, Pretty Flamingo and 5-4-3-2-1 hitmakers Manfred Man were 60s icons and are still going strong almost 55-years later as The Manfreds - now on a 29 date UK tour. They play York Grand Opera House tonight - Tuesday, October 25,
3 Have your say Temptation stars Heaven 17 will team up with Sex Pistols icon Glen Matlock for an electronic version of Pretty Vacant at a unique Sheffield homecoming gig. The city's synth pop legends Heaven 17 - Martyn Ware and Glenn Gregory - are co-he
0 Have your say Speed cameras will be at the following locations across the Kirklees district this week: A651: Bradford Road, Birkenshaw Between Oakroyd Drive & North View Road. Hightown Road, Cleckheaton Between Westgate & Halifax Road. A644:...
0 Have your say Three-quarters of Brits are what is described as ‘micro-criminals’ - committing tiny crimes in shops and online to get a better deal. Research by YouGov found that 74 per cent of UK citizens had perpetrated at least one very minor crime.
0 Have your say It’s the time of year when pumpkins are transformed into something ghoulish for Halloween. However, research carried out by Bradford-based supermarket chain Morrisons suggests that almost half of parents lack confidence in their pumpkin c
0 Have your say Police are urging boys and young men to stay away from the tracks this half term. As the autumn break approaches, officers will be increasing patrols as trespass hotspots, in a bid to deter young people from playing on or taking shortcuts
- 14:22 Boozer battled with mate in Annesley street
- 14:22 Montenegro's veteran Prime Minister Milo Djukanovic quits
- 14:21 Bike Butlers set to give cyclists a five-star experience
- 14:21 Parents allow kids to spend over 20 hours at computer over half term
- 14:20 Books covered for Misys' London IPO - sources
- 14:20 Parents allow kids to spend over 20 hours at computer over half term
- 14:20 Mkhitaryan spotted at Manchester United’s team hotel ahead EFL Cup...
- 14:19 Two 'great losses': More tributes pour in for University of Chester...
- 14:19 'Extremely rare' King Edward VIII coin goes on display
- 14:19 Lincoln United beat FA Cup giant-killers Stamford to claim County Cup
- 14:18 Danish payments firm says fears 100,000 credit cards hacked
- 14:18 Commodity traders must go digital or face extinction: report
- 14:18 Parents allow kids to spend over 20 hours at computer over half term
- 14:17 Prison worker found guilty of misconduct over affair with inmate
- 14:17 Deadline for secondary school applications looming
- 14:16 Parents allow kids to spend over 20 hours at computer over half term
- 14:15 Baldrick 'ready to serve' if Tories need help with 'cunning plan'...
- 14:15 JML tycoon John Mills: City not under serious threat of relocation...
- 14:15 Parents allow kids to spend over 20 hours at computer over half term
- 14:15 Access to European security databases post Brexit is 'mission...
- 14:15 Qantas pilots angry about strict new dress code that BANS handlebar...
- 14:15 Now THAT'S a hidden treasure! Rare hand-painted world maps from the...
- 14:15 Passenger plane 'BOUNCED twice' during a hard landing that left...
- 14:15 Into the white: Dreamy footage reveals haunting beauty of the...
- 14:15 Mosquitos to be infected with bacteria in fight against Zika virus
- 14:15 Eddie Alvarez: Conor McGregor wanted nothing to do with me before I...
- 14:15 Premier Inn is voted the best UK hotel chain and a brand owned by...
- 14:15 Weekend disruption on trains into city
- 14:15 'It snows in Afghanistan and the English DON'T have bad teeth':...
- 14:15 Ian Poulter looks for comeback victory against weakened field at...