News from Spenborough Guardian
South Yorkshire's Wentworth Woodhouse stately home is to be the spectacular backdrop for a new outdoor music and comedy festival with a chart-topping line-up including Tony Christie, Heaven 17, T'Pau and Lemar. Radio presenter pals Toby Foster and Steve
Cleckheaton have acted swiftly to re-arrange their National League Three North clash with high flying Rossendale for this Saturday (kick off 2.15pm). Cleckheaton called in local referee assessor Barry Dolby at 10.30am last Saturday following freezing ove
Liversedge will be aiming to extend their unbeaten start to 2017 when they entertain Staveley Miners Welfare in their only home game of January on Saturday (kick off 3pm). Sedge drew their opening game of the year away to Athersley but produced a terrifi
A generous woman and her family had a lot to cheer about last week as she celebrated her 100th birthday. Hetty Vasey was born on January 15 1917 and has lived in the Spen Valley all her life. The eldest of eight children, she attended Millbridge school i
The latest court reports as published in the Reporter Series January 19 edition are published below. Numbers refer to the defendants’ ages. Daniel Smith, (25), of Hazel Close, Dewsbury, £85 costs, £40 fine, £30 victim surcharge and £64 compensation for s
Amber Run return with a British tour on the back of the release of their new album ‘For A Moment, I Was Lost’, next month and are including a stop off in Leeds. The Nottingham indie band will be appearing at the Stylus venue in Leeds on Wednesday, Februa
A dinner lady from Ravensthorpe Junior School in Dewsbury has been crowned LACA Yorkshire & Humber School Chef of the Year 2017. Tracy Healy won the regional final of the competition which was held today (Wednesday) in Altrincham, Cheshire. Her...
By Jack Dinsley, 17 senior correspondent for Junior Gazette Samantha Kilsby is a Year 13 student who currently attends Carr Hill High School and Sixth Form Centre. When I last interviewed the student, she was progressing with her photography work but now
Extra ‘spotters’ are being deployed at football grounds around West Yorkshire this season in a bid to reduce the cost to taxpayers of policing matches in the county. West Yorkshire Police is training officers to increase the number who can act as a link
London based Wests Warriors picked up the inaugural Kevin Squires Memorial Trophy as they defeated Shaw Cross Sharks 20-12 in a friendly at Leeds Road last Saturday. The game was held in memory of Shaw Cross honorary life member Kevin Squires, who passed
Shoppers are being allowed to return to Victoria Gate in Leeds following a bomb scare this morning. A suspicious package found nearby has now been declared safe. The item was discovered just after 8.30am on Harewood Street, close to the John Lewis store.
With an eight-point gap opened up on the sides outside the play-off places it is getting harder for Garry Monk to play down talk of a real promotion push for Leeds United now. The head coach is refusing to be drawn on talk of going up, but his team did t
First Marmite, then Jamie’s Italian and now Apple users are set to feel the financial consequence of Brexit as apps are set to rise by 25 per cent. The upcoming changes to the App Store will see the prices of apps and in-app purchases rise as a result of
Thousands of UK holidaymakers are set to be flown home from The Gambia due to growing political unrest. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office is warning against “all non-essential travel” to the west African nation due to potential military intervention fo
Today I received a letter from my GP at the Greenway Medical Practice in Cleckheaton asking me to contact the surgery to arrange a telephone interview with a Doctor. I followed said instruction and at 4.30pm was number one in the queueing system, althoug
- 11:05 Mum shoplifted from Toys R Us 'to give her girls a proper Christmas'
- 11:05 Controlled explosions carried out on chemicals at Yorkshire schools
- 11:05 Things to do in North Wales this weekend under £15 (January 20-22)
- 11:04 EU antitrust regulators welcome Amazon, Apple audiobook agreement
- 11:04 Controlled explosions carried out on chemicals at Yorkshire schools
- 11:04 Jimi Manuwa to face Corey Anderson at UFC London in March
- 11:04 Arsenal Transfer News: £40m Sanchez contact, done deal, Wenger...
- 11:04 Estate agent in line for prestigious award
- 11:03 Controlled explosions carried out on chemicals at Yorkshire schools
- 11:02 Multi vehicle crash on M1
- 11:02 EU antitrust regulators welcome Amazon, Apple audiobook agreement
- 11:01 Darts: Ross Montgomery happy with Lakeside display despite first...
- 11:01 Badou Jack relinquishes his WBC super-middleweight title to step up...
- 11:01 Paul Pogba's adidas fashion collection almost sells out in a day as...
- 11:01 Is Bob Dylan’s painting taken from a photo of Blackpool’s North Pier?
- 11:01 Ulverston drug dealer and former pub landlady ordered to repay...
- 11:00 Is Bob Dylan’s painting taken from a photo of Blackpool’s North Pier?
- 11:00 Liverpool backed to complete defender transfer in January
- 11:00 Revealed: The best Coventry schools and colleges at A-Level
- 10:59 TRANSFER RUMOURS: Milan want Everton winger, Fonte to West Ham,...
- 10:59 Leeds midfielder transfer hits snag: Garry Monk trying to get it...
- 10:59 Decision to be made on 2,000 home development for ironworks site
- 10:59 Latest updates after M1 is shut due to 'serious collision'
- 10:58 FreeAgent inks accounting software tie-up with RBS
- 10:58 Baggies close in on midfield target
- 10:58 Survey reveals annual fraud and cybercrime figures for first time
- 10:58 Tresham College seeking employers for careers fair next month
- 10:58 Isle of Wight festival line up 2017: Kaiser Chiefs, Texas, The...
- 10:57 Romania in turmoil as protesters march over plans to pardon...
- 10:57 Jaguar Land Rover fined almost £1m after worker crushed