News from Spenborough Guardian
A fundraising meal attended by a host of celebrities raised more than £40,000 in memory of Jo Cox. It was organised by the Batley and Spen More in Common group and raised funds to support their work to bring the community together in honour of the late M
Thousands of schools are being blighted by segregation linked to a student’s ethnicity or social status withKirklees named as one of the most divided areas within the country, new research reveals. The study shows that in 2016 more than a quarter of prim
Last Wednesday PC Keith Palmer along with thousands of other police officers across the country went to work to do their duty and to keep us safe. Devastatingly, Keith Palmer didn’t return home to his wife and loved ones. He, Kurt Cochran, Leslie Rhodes
Batley Amateur Thespian Society (BATS) is putting on a ‘Sing to the Swing’ production with The Musica Mirfield Swing Band. The Musica Mirfield Swing Band is part of Musica Kirklees and is directed by Nick Dolling, the musical director for BATS. Sing to t
There’s no dressing it up, redundancy is difficult to deal with. It’s a bitter blow to your self-esteem, your finances, and often your health. Indeed, along with divorce and bereavement, losing a job ranks as one of life’s biggest causes of stress - and
Dozens of elderly people will need somewhere else to live after the closure of their care home was announced. Woodlands Care Home in Mirfield, which looks after frail people with dementia, is set to be closed down by its owner Four Seasons Healthcare. Th
Up to 240 new homes could be built on the outskirts of Dewsbury. Kirklees Council’s Planning Committee will meet today to discuss proposals by Miller Homes for two residential developments at land off Ravensthorpe Road and land off Lees Hall Road in Thor
Businesses and community groups will be asked to come up with ideas to improve their areas and boost the local economy. People living and working in Birstall, Birkenshaw and East Bierley will be encouraged to support their villages, as part of a new init
Whether its divorce or distance keeping you apart, this new show wants to help you unearth those family secrets and reconnect long, lost families. Boundless, the award-winning production company behind Grand Design and The Apprentice, are looking for con
When the new UK tax year begins on April 6, stand by for a severe attack on women’s welfare. Parents will no longer be able to claim tax credits for more than two children – unless they can prove that subsequent children were a consequence of rape or a c
Check out this bird’s eye footage of how the leisure extension at the White Rose centre is taking shape. This drone footage was commissioned by the Centre bosses as it prepares to write another chapter in its story with the opening this autumn of a 65,00
Guitar king Joe Bonamassa plays Sheffield Arena on April 24 and to celebrate he is giving every reader a free 12-track download album. It features I Know Where I Belong, Mountain Time, The River, Bridge To Better Days, One Of These Days, The Ballad Of Jo
With a line-up drawing to near completion, UK’s most celebrated pop-punk festival is delighted to add The Gospel Youth, Ocean Grove, Vukovi, Area 11, Sylar, Homebound, Casey and Makeout to the 2017 bill. The newly added acts are set to perform on the new
Dewsbury Moor bounced back from defeat to West Bowling with a terrific display to overcame Waterhead Warriors 32-0 last Saturday. The scoreline suggests a one sided encounter but in truth it was anything but, although victory keeps the Maroons joint top
DEWSBURY CELTIC secured their first win in National Conference Division Three last Saturday as they overcame Oldham St Annes 21-14. The fixture was reversed from Oldham to Crow Nest Park and Celtic took advantage by racing into a 14-0 lead. St Annes, pla
- 17:45 U.N. Security Council agrees lower troop cap for Congo mission
- 17:45 Liverpool star: This gives us an advantage over Romelu Lukaku and...
- 17:43 Resurfacing works planned for Coningsby roads
- 17:43 Terrorism only strengthens our democracy
- 17:43 Is THIS the most useless passport in the world?
- 17:42 Dear Reader: Big problem of potholes + beating Gino at bar football!
- 17:42 Camper van hire business behind Crowland home gets consent
- 17:42 Here's why a walk around Swinsty and Fewston reservoirs isn't just...
- 17:41 Favourite Morando ruled out of Betway Lincoln Handicap at Doncaster...
- 17:40 Man slashed across face in daylight attack in Nuneaton
- 17:40 North East property prices still static
- 17:40 ‘This is the superhero you took from us’: Violet-Grace’s family...
- 17:40 Cyclist hurled brick through car window in road rage row
- 17:40 Cyclist, 77, injured in fail-to-stop collision in Hartlepool
- 17:40 Libya asks EU for ships and radars to stop migrants - sources
- 17:39 Swansea boss Paul Clement has no issue with Gylfi Sigurdsson's...
- 17:39 Tony Ferguson calls out Nate Diaz for a second time: Let's do this
- 17:39 Conor McGregor's £185,000 Lamboghini towed away after UFC star...
- 17:39 Swansea boss Paul Clement opens up on Gylfi Sigurdsson transfer...
- 17:39 Pub aims to be best for sport in the Lune Valley
- 17:39 Max Meyer to Liverpool: Schalke chief discusses summer deal
- 17:39 No reason to rethink UK rating's negative outlook: S&P
- 17:39 Tragedy as Northumberland boxer dies in Thailand just days before...
- 17:38 Dear Reader: Big problem of potholes + beating Gino at bar football!
- 17:38 Police hunt drug addict Dean Grundell - who ditched Jeremy Kyle...
- 17:37 WATCH Mushrooms and tennis ball found in Melbourne's Poppy Wood...
- 17:37 This creepy former psychaitric asylum could be yours for £1m
- 17:37 Brazil ex-speaker Eduardo Cunha jailed for 15 years
- 17:36 Paedophile son of Greggs founder is jailed for sex attacks on boys
- 17:35 Cash-strapped heavyweights could sell £22m-rated playmaker to...