News from Spenborough Guardian
Nine-piece multi-cultural gypsy ensemble Gogol Bordello are bringing the party to Leeds at the Beckett University next month. The gig on Wednesday, July 5 comes ahead of the band unleashing their new album, ‘Seekers And Finders’, which is out on August 2
An 18-year-old woman was left unconscious after being assaulted by a man on a footpath in Dewsbury. Detectives today released details of the "terrifying" assault, which took place in Thornhill at around 11.30pm on June 10. The woman was...
Here are the latest applications that have been submitted, approved and refused by Kirklees Council’s planning department. RECEIVED City Developments Yorkshire Ltd: Demolition of one dwelling and four new dwellings at 113 Westfield Lane, Wyke. M Foxton:
Children who are nervous about visting hospital are having their fears calmed thanks to an innovative new concept. The radiology department at Dewsbury and District Hospital have recently introduced a Starlight distraction box. The Starlight is a portabl
An elderly man has been injured in a collision in Dewsbury. Police were called to the town's link road, at the junction with Wilton Street, outside B&Q at around 9.15am. A blue Toyota Corolla and a red Suzuki were involved. A man in his 70s has...
FOUR men who attacked and robbed a teenager are being hunted by police. They targeted the 17-year-old youth on Headlands Street at Liversedge just after 10pm on Wednesday. Police said one of the men of them pulled the victim's T-shirt over his head and h
Patrols increased after man finds 'racially aggravated' graffiti on wall in attack at Heckmondwike home
A man who was struck from behind while carrying out DIY in his home regained consciousness to find racist graffiti on his wall. Detectives in Kirklees are appealing for information after the man was attacked during what is being treated as a burglary in
Doncaster Racecourse is excited to announce the Brit Award winning band Rudimental will perform after racing on Saturday 1 July. Rudimental will take the place of Mark Ronson who is unable to perform. Award winning drum and base band Rudimental rose to p
A Cleckheaton-based specialist lighting company has been awarded a regional business of the month award. Set up by founder and managing director, Matt Butcher, a former wedding DJ, Wedding Venue Lighting was inspired by his passion for the technical side
West Yorkshire’s Chief Constable today warned that cuts to police resources in the county, combined with the demands of a growing population, are putting increasing strain on her “exhausted” officers. The claim by Dee Collins came on the day the top offi
Moorlands recorded a ninth win of the season in the Drakes Huddersfield League Premiership last Saturday as they overcame Skelmanthorpe by 135 runs. Victory saw Moorlands consolidate third place in the table and they are now just two points behind reigni
Thornhill Trojans reached a fifth successive Hevay Woollen Jim Brown Cup final with a 38-16 victory over Dewsbury Celtic last Thursday. The Trojans were pushed all the way by a very youthful and enthusiastic Dewsbury Celtic team, who brimmed with passion
Shaw Cross Sharks gave themselves a much need confidence boost as they produced a clinical performance to overcome Batley Boys 44-16 and reach the Jim Brown Heavy Woollen Cup final for the third consecutive season. Sam Ottewell led the way with a hat-tri
Batley Boys completed a Yorkshire Men’s League double over Beverley stretching their winning run to eight matches as they moved two points clear at the top of the Premier Division last Saturday. It was the Boys third game in seven days but tries from Joe
Woodlands began their defence of the Priestley Shield in style as they eased into the second round with a 70-run win over Townville last Sunday. Jack McGahan (60), Jack Bleazard (49) and Kieron Collins (40) led Woodlands to 257-8 before Rob Medcalf (4-25
- 09:54 Haverthwaite-based firm's MD to be made MBE
- 09:53 Warwick Rotary Club’s Thai Festival to return for 13th year
- 09:53 Executives urged to tap into the power of mindfulness
- 09:53 Arsenal face Besiktas competition for transfer of Barcelona’s...
- 09:52 Warwick Rotary Club’s Thai Festival to return for 13th year
- 09:52 Shoppers warned over Tesco voucher Facebook page tricking thousands...
- 09:52 FTSE stalls, Carpetright and Debenhams put UK consumer in spotlight
- 09:51 POUND LIVE: Pound pauses after DUP deal ahead of Queen's Speech vote
- 09:51 ‘Hole in the wall’ proving cash is still king on 50th birthday
- 09:50 COMMENT: 900m reasons why we must stick with devolution in...
- 09:50 Return in sight for PNE’s Woods after full season out
- 09:50 Resurgent interest in Victoria Quays
- 09:50 England coaches are good enough – Simpson
- 09:50 Manchester United set to complete Ethan Galbraith signing this weekend
- 09:50 Hull given £15m by Heritage Lottery to secure its future in tourism
- 09:49 Charlotte Church reveals she has lost her unborn baby
- 09:49 Future of key buildings in Wellingborough to be discussed by...
- 09:49 Cash and jewellery stolen in Kettering burglary
- 09:48 Man sprayed CS gas into eyes of Cumbrian police officer trying to...
- 09:47 REGIONAL: Police officer jobs announced
- 09:47 Barcelona set deadline for Hector Bellerin signing as they grow...
- 09:43 Yellow weather warning for rain issued
- 09:42 Choking the life out of seabirds, the rubbish littering our...
- 09:42 Who's a big boy? Dog owners share side-by-side snaps of their...
- 09:42 Panoramic FAIL: The amusing, bizarre and downright scary results of...
- 09:42 Interview with Richard Blackledge: Former businessman and Master...
- 09:41 Inspectors praise support for Northamptonshire children with...
- 09:41 Everton want £10m Andre Gray: Burnley eye Britt Assombalonga as...
- 09:41 Everton eye Sheffield United midfielder David Brooks following...
- 09:41 Course on how to deal with stress