News from Spenborough Guardian
Chris Wood’s 23rd goal of the season earned Leeds United a valuable three points from a hard fought Yorkshire derby against Sheffield Wednesday. The New Zealand centre forward’s 24th minute strike was United’s only effort on target, but Wednesday only ha
Storm Doris battered the UK yesterday and much of it was captured on video. And with planes struggling to land to trees falling in roads and narrowly missing motoristsand paddling pools and trampolines taking flight we look at 10 of the most viewed Storm
Opening the show at New York City’s Madison Square Garden in front of thousands of people with a solo drum routine is not a standard trip down memory lane. For Hanging Heaton rocker Paul Fenton, it is one recollection from his days with flamenco rock out
The Government has announced Batley’s Job Centre is on the chopping block as part of plans to vastly reduce the number of Job Centres across the country. These proposals are now under consultation and it’s my view the Government should think again. In to
Mysterious radioactive cloud moves towards UK as plane which tackled Chernobyl called in to find source
A US Air Force plane which helped in the aftermath of the Chernobyl disaster has been called in to find the source of a mysterious radioactive cloud heading towards the UK. The WC-135 Constant Phoenix, which is specially modified to collect atmospheric s
Get the lemons, sugar and chocolate sauce in - because pancake day is almost here! For foodies, it’s undoubtedly one of the best days of the year for a decadent treat - and whether you like them sweet or savoury, we have plenty ideas for you. This year’s
With March just around the corner and the Christmas holidays now a distant memory, a prolonged break from work may seem like just wishful thinking. But, due to the fortunate timing of Easter this year, there’s an ingenious way to enjoy an incredible 18 d
“Holy cr*p, people are stupid”: Walking Dead actor blasts Yorkshire man who got Primark to ban ‘racist’...
An actor whose catchphrase is at the centre of a ‘racist’ t-shirt row has blasted the Yorkshire Methodist minister who got Primark to ban the garment after he complained. Walking Dead star Jeffrey Dean Morgan has now waded into the row and blasted Ian Lu
Rap star Eminem clearly likes rhyming in the West Riding – he’s on his way back to Leeds Festival as one of its 2017 headliners. The US chart-topper previously played the annual music extravaganza in 2001 and 2013. He is the third headliner confirmed for
ARMED raiders threatened a woman during an aggravated burglary at her home in Huddersfield. Two suspects broke in through doors at the back of the house on Chestnut Close, Newsome, Huddersfield, between 7.30pm and 8pm on Wednesday. Police said the two me
Rap legend Eminem is to return and will join previously announced Muse and Kasabian to headline this summer's Leeds and Reading Festivals 2017, it was announced today. The third and final line-up also includes the return of chart-toppers Blossoms and Yor
Littletown moved up to second place in the West Riding County Amateur League Premier Division thanks to a thrilling 5-4 win over leaders Golcar United at Beck Lane last Saturday. Littletown have closed to within four points of Golcar and still have four
University staff are being urged to take extra precaution with their online security after university staff reported bogus pay rise emails. The warning from Action Fraud comes after more than 100 members of university staff were targeted by fraudulent em
Birstall Cricket Club climbed to the top of the Heavy Woollen Sunday League Premier Division after they won 6-1 against bottom side Heckmondwike Sports Club. Eliott Williams led the way with a hat-trick for Birstall, with Jonny Beverley hitting a brace a
George Healey are closing in on the Spen Valley League Division One title after racking up an 11th win of the season last week. George are unbeaten in 13 league outings and their latest success saw them thrash Marsh 10-0. Luke Newsome bagged four goals,
- 07:40 No Hard Knock Life for Annie and her crew
- 07:33 Ian McCall slams 'awful' Ayr United performance as they crash to St...
- 07:33 WEATHER: It’s going to be wet and windy
- 07:32 Barcelona willing to offer Real Madrid this star to keep Lionel...
- 07:32 Manchester United star snubbed transfer because of his country
- 07:29 Antoine Griezmann tells Paul Pogba: I see myself at Manchester United
- 07:29 Manchester United's EFL Cup final wildcard could be a man Jose...
- 07:26 Former soldier brandished gun and threatened to shoot teenager at...
- 07:22 THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: February 26
- 07:19 EastEnders villain 'Nasty' Nick Cotton comes to Huddersfield for...
- 07:19 EXCLUSIVE: Southampton should exploit this Man United weak link -...
- 07:19 Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet: What I did after Jurgen Klopp...
- 07:15 Australia and Indonesia restore full military ties
- 07:13 WEATHER: It’s going to be wet and windy
- 07:12 Tortoises rescued from smugglers make their Chester Zoo debut
- 07:11 Three arrested after police pursuit across counties
- 07:11 WEATHER: It’s going to be wet and windy
- 07:10 Manchester United star: I want to sign a new deal
- 07:10 Arsenal staff reveal Alexis Sanchez will leave Gunners in the summer
- 07:06 DFS Trading Limited fined £1m after worker suffered serious...
- 07:06 Chef cooks up a veggie treat
- 07:04 Carl Bridgewater murder: Bert Spencer welcomes new police review of...
- 07:03 Men who sup more than seven pints of beer a week for several years...
- 07:03 Army of grandparents saving families billions in child care
- 07:03 Charity helping Thai children says thanks
- 07:02 Burnley boss Sean Dyche: This is what I thought about that red card...
- 07:01 ‘Squequel’ to mouse mystery in Boston Stump
- 07:00 Stunning photos takes you behind the scenes of the Guildhall in Hull
- 07:00 See how Hull city centre is REALLY taking shape
- 07:00 Brave Ruby Lawler, 8, beats cancer for SECOND time