News from Spalding Today
Most workers believe that performance reviews are a waste of time, a new study has found. Around two-thirds of employees, and managers, said that formal reviews were time-consuming and outdated, in a survey by software firm Adobe - who themselves have ab
Proceeds from the area’s annual butchers’ ball have been donated to the British Lung Foundation. The annual Spalding and East Elloe Master Butchers Association ball was attended by over 160 revellers and raised £1,500 for the charity. The cheque was han
Springfields shopping outlet in Spalding has announced a 12th consecutive year of growth. Owners say the opening of upmarket brands such as Next, Ernest Jones, Fat Face and Starbucks have accelerated its success – and they promise more to come this year
Readers’ letters on the subject... Nothing wrong with a memorial Regarding erecting a roadside memorial to the pigs that died in the A16 lorry crash last week, there is nothing wrong with expressing concern for animals who are at our mercy – and usually,
HAYES IN THE HOUSE: By MP John Hayes Named after the well-known incident in 1987 when the eponymous BBC weather forecaster failed to predict the hurricane which subsequently had devastating effects, a ‘Michael Fish moment’ has become the description for
Police are appealing for witnesses after a theft from a property in Gedney. On the night of Friday, January 13, two garden strimmers and a heavy duty battery were taken from a property on Pinstock Lane, Gedney. At the time no one was seen or heard. If an
Police are appealing for witnesses after a lurcher dog was stolen from kennels in Bourne and later found abandoned in Spalding. It was taken from kennels on Spalding Road, Bourne, some time between 6pm and 10pm on Friday, January 13 and later found aband
Firefighters from Long Sutton and Holbeach responded to reports of a building fire in Gedney Drove End on Saturday afternoon. However, on arrival to the Main Road premises at 1.42pm, it was found only to be smoke from a nearby bonfire.
In retail, times are tough, margins are increasingly difficult to achieve and new customers can be hard to come by. South Holland’s town centres have been unable to escape the scars of economic downturn as what were thriving shops have become empty premi
A young girl from Weston Hills is gaining greater independence thanks to a miracle machine that allows her to share her thoughts with people around her. Cerebral palsy sufferer Dakota Read (12) touched the hearts of our readers who donated to our appeal
Organisations like Lincolnshire County Council and the Department for Work and Pensions could be serving the public from the district council offices in Spalding’s Priory Road. South Holland District Council has provisionally earmarked £2.7million for re
Regarding your story about calls for improvements to Steppingstone Bridge in Spalding, I do think the bridge should at least have a wider ramp area so that wheelchair users and people with pushchairs can use it. I would also like to say that the bridge n
When the small army of volunteers responsible for putting up Holbeach’s annual display of Christmas lights comes together this year, a familiar face will be missing. After 40 years of being just “one of the team”, Patrick Limming has bowed out gracefully
Deplorable parenting, along with a host of other behaviours... Smoking, drug abuse, failure to use car child restraints, to secure poisonous household chemicals, to monitor children when cooking. The list is endless. All well and good punishing those par
Readers’ views on the pigs that died in the lorry crash on the A16 recently. How is accident scene okay? How would your story (about calls for a roadside memorial for pigs killed in a lorry crash on the way to the abbatoir – editor) play out if the truc
- 12:51 Rafael Nadal battles past Gael Monfils to set up Australian Open...
- 12:51 Crash on Bay Gateway junction
- 12:50 Pound hits one-month HIGH against dollar investors 'lose patience'...
- 12:50 How happy are people in your part of Derbyshire?
- 12:50 Shkodran Mustafi: Why I knew Arsenal would score a late winner...
- 12:49 See how many people were caught driving and using a mobile phone in...
- 12:49 Oak helps HAPPA celebrate 80th anniversary
- 12:49 Body in the canal may be from Burnley
- 12:49 GOTCHA: Russia obliterates ISIS targets in Syria as second massive...
- 12:48 Lancashire Police crackdown on mobile phone use behind the wheel
- 12:48 Lloyds cyber-attack details emerge
- 12:48 Body in the canal may be from Burnley
- 12:48 Blood donor who is scared of needles encourages people to save lives
- 12:48 Stuck for somewhere to park in Lincoln? A 200-space park and ride...
- 12:48 Rafael Nadal sets up quarter-final clash with Milos Raonic
- 12:47 Can I date a guy shorter than me? Of course! Here’s why it’s the best
- 12:47 Most German companies expect little to no impact from Brexit - poll
- 12:47 Gritters head out in Derbyshire with freezing temperatures expected...
- 12:46 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger faces FA ban for stunning comment: This...
- 12:46 Premier League odds: Chelsea nailed on favourites but which 9/1...
- 12:46 Women take to Yorkshire streets and march in worldwide protest...
- 12:45 No wonder Arsene Wenger is growing angry... Granit Xhaka was...
- 12:45 Papy Djilobodji faces four-match FA ban for violent conduct after...
- 12:45 Malaysia arrests four linked to Islamic State cell in Philippines
- 12:44 Ofsted praise nursery in Alfreton
- 12:44 Which rugby league legend has become patron of the Laura Crane...
- 12:44 Fire at former South Yorkshire school was arson
- 12:44 Boozed-up man is ordered to pay £613 after abusing police officer
- 12:44 Nuneaton man charged with manslaughter of "kind, clever and...
- 12:43 Stabbing probe after attack in early hours