News from Spalding Today
Organisers of the first beer event to be held at Gosberton Public Hall are set to get more rounds in after a stunning success. In fact, the village hall had two attractions for visitors with the Gosberton Winter Ale Festival on at the same time as a Chri
Thieves who stole a six-year-old boy’s quad bike from a family’s Moulton home have broken his nan’s heart. Annette White said on Tuesday she hadn’t revealed the news yet to her grandson, as the quad bike – which has a real engine – is his pride and joy.
Pupils at Pinchbeck East had Christmas all-wrapped up to bring cheer to people in need. The youngsters filled shoeboxes with life’s essentials and luxuries and are pictured here with their brightly wrapped presents ready to be sent off.
Spalding branch of The Lincolns enjoyed their annual Christmas dinner with top brass and guests at The Woodlands Hotel. Branch chairman Ken Willows said there has been a decline in membership and those that remain are getting older. He said: “We are all
Lincolnshire Police are today (Wednesday) appealing for information on the whereabouts of a wanted man. Daniel Twinn (25), of Monks Road in Lincoln and Pilgrim Avenue in Immingham, is wanted for failing to appear at court. Anyone who has seen Daniel or k
Spalding Academy (formerly Sir John Gleed School) has a number of Christmas trees which students and staff are ready to give to the community. About 20 Christmas trees were cut down to allow light to fall on wildflower seeds planted in the school’s Woodl
Spalding residents are asking what happened to town’s festive spirit with riverside tulip lights unlit for the first time in five years. There’s more gloom in Hall Place as the tip of the Christmas tree donated by Baytree is broken. Riverside resident Em
Britain’s Junior Miss have launched their search in Lincolnshire for a girl aged 13-16 to represent their region in the national Britain’s Junior Miss competition. This is the inaugural year for Britain’s Junior Miss, and with regions such as Cumbria and
Staff at the Sue Ryder charity shop in Holbeach desperately want to speak to a man who they think accidentally donated a treasured ring. The man dropped off a large ‘Wilko’ carrier bag of goods to sell in the shop on High Street on Tuesday of last week.
New £5 notes engraved with Jane Austin worth £50,000 circulated in Willie Wonka-style ‘Golden Ticket’ giveaway
Brits are being urged to check their new fivers after engraved bank notes worth as much as £50,000 were circulated in a Willie Wonka-style ‘Golden Ticket’ giveaway. Tiny portraits of Jane Austen have been added to four of the new £5 notes by talented mic
Young Oasis, the support service for children and teenagers affected by parental drug or alcohol misuse in Lincolnshire, has launched its Christmas fundraising campaign. Throughout December the team at Lincolnshire Action Trust is asking people to make a
Fleet Parish Council is looking for a new member after the resignation of Coun Phillip James. A Notice of Vacancy has gone up in Fleet, as well as at South Holland District Council’s offices in Spalding, giving details of the process of replacing Coun Ja
New research by Brunel University in London could help British nuclear tests veterans and their descendants, according to leading campaigner and test veteran Doug Hern. Money was made available for the research by the Government allocating cash from the
Health bosses in Lincolnshire are set to begin restricting prescription items as part of a bid to cut costs and encourage people to look after themselves better. At meeting of the governing body on Thursday, Lincolnshire East Clinical Commissioning Group
The go-ahead for a former landmark Donington hotel to be redeveloped is a sign of the village “coming back together”, according to a village representative. Coun Jane King, parish and district councillor for Donington, warmly welcomed a decision by South
- 18:23 The search is on for Junior Miss Lincolnshire
- 18:22 Plans to demolish Crosby Primary School
- 18:22 Seasonal songs at town concert in Spilsby
- 18:22 Gary Rowett: how Burton Albion helped get full-time football out of...
- 18:22 New £5 notes engraved with Jane Austen worth £50,000 circulated in...
- 18:22 The search is on for Junior Miss Lincolnshire
- 18:22 Nottinghamshire Police given £1m to set up business crime hub
- 18:22 Heartbroken parents face devastating Christmas after death of...
- 18:20 Mum's shock as SECOND new baby makes entrance in hospital car park
- 18:20 Your used stamps can be used to help fight against cancer
- 18:19 Christmas stock show at Louth’s Cattle Market
- 18:18 Three people trapped after car and van crash in Narborough Road
- 18:15 Crash between car and lorry causes traffic chaos in Hedon Road, Hull
- 18:15 Jessica Lawson WILL get her colourful memorial bench thanks to...
- 18:14 Flu outbreak closes Stockport high school for five days
- 18:13 Good turnout to Melton’s 2016 Fatstock Show
- 18:13 Strobe lighting provides a flicker of hope in the fight against...
- 18:08 Nottingham luxury handbag designer targets Selfridges with new brand
- 18:07 Manhunt sparked after convicted arsonist escapes from Sudbury prison
- 18:07 'Flashing light therapy' for Alzheimer's
- 18:06 Telford & Wrekin Council emergency meeting over A&E plans - updates
- 18:06 Tata commits to future in Port Talbot - saving 4,000 jobs
- 18:06 Chelsea legend: This is why Diego Costa is totally outperforming...
- 18:05 Here’s the moment an exhausted baby seal was found wadding a mile...
- 18:05 Tastes of the black stuff at Gosberton Winter Ale Festival
- 18:05 Burglars steal child’s quad bike from Moulton
- 18:04 Know your place, robots! Brain study from Google AI lab could help...
- 18:04 Incredible X-rays show how lithium-ion batteries explode: Gas...
- 18:04 Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund, UEFA Champions League LIVE: Follow...
- 18:04 Brendan Rodgers hoping respectable Champions League campaign...