News from Spalding Today
Long standing Spalding business Andrew’s Sawmills held a family fun day for their 70th anniversary on Sunday. The family run business, established in 1947, hosted activities for all ages, including wood turning, blacksmith demonstrations, a “splat the ra
The Vicar of Spalding, the Rev John Bennett, is helping the town’s migrant and settled communities come face-to-face in conversation. In March, a Church-funded Community Connectors project headed by Mr Bennett revealed East Europeans saw their lack of sp
A newly retired family doctor from Spalding was killed under the wheels of a double-decker bus after he appeared to cross the road without looking. Experienced cyclist Dr Charles Lennon (60), from Halmer Gate, was riding along the A15 on November 8 when
More officers will be on the streets of Lincolnshire and some will be armed after the UK threat level was raised from severe to critical on Tuesday evening. Chief Constable Bill Skelly said ‘daily business’ does not change and his officers will continue
South Holland’s new community policing inspector is warning drivers not to leave their valuables in cars after 16 reported thefts in the past month. Inspector (Insp) Gareth Boxall sent out a clear “Lock It or Lose It” message to the area during a communi
The respected founding head teacher of The Priory School in Spalding, Dennis Osborne, has died at the age of 92. Former teaching colleague Malcolm Grief said: “Mr Osborne’s legacy to that school is that he set it up to be and feel like a family, youngste
A couple who suffered the heartbreak of losing their baby daughter have renewed their fundraising appeal to buy a special headstone for her resting place in Spalding Cemetery. Ellie-May Grace Payne was just eight months and one week old when she passed a
A driver has blasted Lincolnshire County Council, saying its roadworks have cut visibility at Peppermint Junction and made it an even bigger danger. The county council has begun replacing what is considered to be a dangerous T-junction with a roundabout,
A section of the B1166 between Crowland and Deeping St James will be closed for roadworks at the beginning of June. Repairs to defects in Station Road and Crowland Road, near Gravel Causeway, will be take place between Thursday, June 1 and Monday, June 5
A man who stole fragrances from a Lynn shop acted “on the spur of the moment”, a court heard. Marian Costea, 28, was fined £120 after pleading guilty to theft during a hearing on Monday. The court heard Costea had gone into the town’s Debenhams store wit
Firefighters spent four hours pumping away flash floodwater that threatened to surge into at least two homes in Chaucer’s Way, Spalding. Resident Paula Degg was advised to call 999 by Lincolnshire County Council highways as water lapped against her front
A person or gang stole jewellery and money from a house in Gosberton after forcing open some back windows at the weekend. It was reported at about 7am on Monday but police have confirmed that no arrests have yet been made. Anyone with information should
NEW POST: DCC Gary Knighton. Mr Knighton, who joined Lincolnshire Police force in April 2016, is to rejoin Derbyshire Constabulary as its DCCe. Bill Skelly, Chief Constable of Lincolnshire Police, said: “Congratulations to DCC Knighton on his appointment
Newly re-elected Lincolnshire county councillor Eddy Poll and Nick Worth have been handed key roles after the first meeting following the recent election. Conservative Eddy, a former leader of South Holland District Council, won the Spalding East ward ba
A joint exhibition focusing on key buildings in Spalding’s conservation area will be hosted at eight venues in town from May 31 to mid-September. Spalding Civic Society and Spalding Photographic Society have joined forces to celebrate the 50th anniversar
- 00:34 Jose Mourinho shuts down question on Antoine Griezmann after...
- 00:34 Unique Cumbrian trees take centre stage in forest exhibition
- 00:33 Conor McGregor 'may never fight again' - UFC president Dana White
- 00:31 Rufus Hound hit with backlash over his Manchester terror...
- 00:31 M&S rides storm after clothing sales setback
- 00:31 City news: Ineos, RBS, Britain's car industry, Screwfix
- 00:29 Fly to the US for less than £100 as low-cost airline opens new...
- 00:28 Donations flood in for homeless heroes
- 00:25 The sex slaves of al-Shabab
- 00:23 Manchester attack: Everything we know about suicide bomber Salman...
- 00:22 Found at scene in Manchester: Detonator, Shrapnel and battery
- 00:22 Watch Europa League final highlights after Manchester United beat Ajax
- 00:22 Tiger Woods determined to play golf again but admits he faces at...
- 00:21 Here is everything we know so far about the Manchester tragedy
- 00:20 Manchester terror attack: Nuneaton property raided and man arrested
- 00:19 Churches and police join forces to help most vulnerable in Cumbria
- 00:18 Call for Leeds rail passengers to help protect vulnerable children
- 00:18 Drinking coffee may have protective effect against liver cancer,...
- 00:18 Patrick Mercer: Terrorism – we must protect those who protect us
- 00:18 YP Comment: Standing up to the forces of evil. Soldiers in a show...
- 00:17 Jose Mourinho: This striker could be at Manchester United next season
- 00:17 Manchester United told to go on epic spending spree: They need four...
- 00:16 The staggering number of abusive tweets sent to MPs
- 00:10 Last night's TV reviewed: Fair cops a force for good
- 00:10 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger set to name shock inclusion for Chelsea...
- 00:09 'I turned my dad's erotic novel into a hit podcast'
- 00:06 Coronation Street attacker reveal, killer exit and rape horror: 10...
- 00:05 Syrian army drives back Isis in surprise blitz offensive
- 00:05 Venezuela: Delayed regional elections after constitution rewrite
- 00:05 Philippines: Dirty Duterte may extend martial law