News from Spalding Today
Firefighters from Holbeach and Spalding attended a bedroom fire in Anfield Road, Long Sutton in the early hours of this morning (Friday). The fire was out on arrival, at 12.10am, and there was light damage to a phone charger, which had caused the blaze b
The shocking murders of Spalding dinner lady Liz Edwards and her daughter Katie (13) last year will be the subject of a Channel 5 documentary on Monday evening. ‘Murdered By My Daughter’ will tell the sickening story of Kim Edwards and her boyfriend Luca
Bourne Police say they are concerned for the welfare of a 15-year-old boy, missing from the town since Wednsday. If you have seen Jacob Kerr-Morgan (15), please call 101, quoting incident number 217 of June 22.
A hockey festival raised £2,100 as a dozen mixed-six teams lined up to play a part in defeating cancer. Hockey player and former cancer patient Elaine Allen staged the Cancer Research Hockey Festival to celebrate her seven years in remission from the dis
A mum-of-two from Bicker is taking the high road in Scotland for charity, despite being registered blind. Celia Dawson (55) is to walk nearly 100 miles from Milngavie, north of Glasgow, to Fort William from August 20 to 26. Known as the West Highland Way
Community groups working with children and young people aged between ten and 20 can now apply for grants of up to £5,000 in Lincolnshire. The Youth Social Action Programme is inviting groups to apply for funding to help pay for projects, including sports
Lincolnshire Police is warning people not to give their bank details to scammers asking them to sign up for a call blocking service on their telephones. The caller offers to block unwanted calls free of charge before asking for the person’s debit card de
An evolution that includes flowers, gifts, greetings cards and upcycled furniture has set Flowers ‘n’ Things apart in Spalding town centre. Opened by Hazel Pennington and her daughter Jane Fletcher in 1981, what was a small florist has gradually turned i
St Barnabas Hospice is looking for volunteers to staff its new charity shop and cafe in Spalding due to open next month. The charity, which currently has over 1,100 volunteers and 26 shops across Lincolnshire, needs more people to give some of their time
A newly banned and second time drink-driver was more than twice the limit when her car ploughed into school railings, uprooting them from concrete. The crash at Gosberton Clough and Risegate School sparked alarm among parents, although it happened in the
A Gedney Drove End couple are taking on a central pillar of UK planning guidelines with their “barn-style country house” in the village. Craig Ward and his wife, owners of the former Onslow House Residential Home, want to build a two-storey house for the
Firefighters extinguished a fire in a Spalding home caused by carelessly discarded smoking materials yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon. Crews from Boston, Crowland and Boston attended the blaze at Cygnet Court, where there was fire damage to a coffee table
Well-maintained, low-houred agricultural equipment was clearly in demand at the CW Dobbs & Son Limited dispersal sale recently. The sale was held by Brown & Co’s auctions team near Bourne, following a change in farming policy. With an...
A riding instructor and horse trainer has unveiled exciting plans for her new equine business in West Pinchbeck. Sara Raw (35) is the inspiration behind Raw Equine, based on 20 acres of land off Dozens Bank, which she hopes will become a magnet for horse
A blueprint for Gedney’s future development is to be revived in order to stop the area being swallowed up in a nearby town’s own plans. Parish councillors have “politely declined” an offer from Long Sutton Parish Council which has started a Neighbourhood
- 18:26 Legendary cricket commentator Henry Blofeld calls time on...
- 18:26 Man who asked plain clothes police for 'spare change' handed £235 bill
- 18:24 Rangers won't miss Mike Ashley as he was poisonous at Ibrox - watch...
- 18:24 British tennis star Dan Evans admits he failed drugs test after...
- 18:24 Simon Cowell's Grenfell single tops UK chart
- 18:24 Teen shot on doorstep in drive-by attack on Walton street
- 18:24 Chelsea target James Rodriguez prefers Premier League transfer as...
- 18:23 Three children among five people dead after being electrocuted in...
- 18:23 Tennis star Dan Evans admits he failed drugs test
- 18:23 Dog rescued on Snowdon after skinning its paws on rough terrain
- 18:23 U.S. stocks rise on tech gains, oil rebound
- 18:23 VIDEO: Music to make you smile!
- 18:22 Southampton appoint Mauricio Pellegrino: Claude Puel successor...
- 18:21 Blow for EU as Czech’s REJECT eurozone entry: ‘Just 30% want it’
- 18:21 Tech Tent: Uber at a crossroads
- 18:20 Coroner appeal after man with Newcastle links found dead on Teesside
- 18:20 Bradley Lowery 'so happy' after classmates record charity tribute
- 18:19 Grenfell Tower fire: Simon Cowell charity single knocks Justin...
- 18:19 Tim Sherwood takes aim at Aston Villa's infamous transfer committee
- 18:19 Former Birmingham City captain returns to Blues in coaching role
- 18:19 Josh Harrop reveals why he left Manchester United
- 18:17 Dunstable punter's £1m Ascot bet falls on final furlong
- 18:17 Police find gun after scrambler yobs shoot at home
- 18:16 Teenage girl in critical condition after being hit by car in Leeds...
- 18:16 VIDEO: Everything you need to know about Snapchat's new location...
- 18:16 Sheffield robbery victim, 80, suffers suspected broken leg and wrist
- 18:16 Nine nostalgic images of Chester's former hospitals
- 18:15 Wall St Week Ahead-Oil's drop could leave a stain on earnings
- 18:14 Woman treated for minor injuries after collision with car
- 18:14 Mohamed Salah: Liverpool signing is nothing like what he was at...