News from Spalding Today
Over £300,000 of community funding has been earmarked for a variety of organisations and groups that help people manage their mental health problems across Lincolnshire. The beneficiaries all belong to the county’s Managed Care Network, a collection of c
Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue has provided safety advice to the public after attending a chimney fire in Dunston, near Metheringham, yesterday evening (Sunday). Fire fighters were called to the scene in Lincoln Road, Dunston, at 5.55pm on Sunday...
Spalding landlord Pete Williams will make the Punch Bowl’s double-award winning flower display even better next year – and hopes to see a first guest try out his hotel. The garden won East Midlands in Bloom gold this year and Pete now has an extra £1,500
We here in Spalding are suffering the same frustration as your columnist John Ward. Using the same exchange (Holbeach) as John, may be the reason. We suffer from connection drop outs on a regular basis, almost daily. If we received 10 pence for every tim
CABINET CALL: By South Holland District Councillor Malcolm Chandler The autumn period continues to be a particularly busy time with much going on at present. Across the county, all councils are deciding whether to be part of the Greater Lincolnshire Comb
Spalding High School and Moulton Community Association must wait for votes to be counted before they learn if they were successful in gaining grants for their energy projects. Both were listed on the Marks and Spencer Energy Fund project website and voti
Rotarians in Spalding are doing their bit over the next few days to bring about a polio free world. It’s 31 years since Rotarians and partners around the globe decided to eradicate the paralysing disease from the face of the Earth. Since then, the incide
Police are appealing for witnesses after items were stolen from a car parked at an address in Halfleet, Market Deeping. The incident happened between 9pm on Thursday and 6.30am on Friday. Police say offenders walked through the front garden gate and went
The 83-year history of 1st Spalding Girls’ Brigade could end this year unless new members join up. Leaders of the group, based at Spalding United Reformed Church (URC) in Pinchbeck Road, are hosting an ‘alternative bonfire party’ on Tuesday, November 8,
Nearly 100 people have enquired about moorings at Sutton Bridge Marina – five times the number of pleasure craft spaces available. The £900,000 commercial and pleasure marina is still being built along the Nene’s West Bank and already the county council
An article in the Lincolnshire Free Press (July 19, 2016), described the work in progress on the Cross Keys Marina in Sutton Bridge. Lincolnshire County Council is now completing the project, which was set up by a community interest company (CIC). Why ha
Firefighters from Kirton were today (Saturday) called to a conifer hedge blaze at Algarkirk. The incident in Archers Lane was reported shortly after 10.05am. The crew used one main hose reel jet to put out the blaze.
With uncultivated cleared fields, South Lincolnshire has once again become a target for illegal hare coursing. On three separate occasions last week, my farm manager and I have intercepted these idiots and witnessed abusive behaviour and driving standard
George Orwell might have been rather surprised to see his words “Europeanised intelligentsia” taken by John Hayes to refer to “big banks, soulless corporations and human rights lawyers” (Free Press, October 11). Mr Hayes takes the expression “liberal est
As November 5 draws closer, Lincolnshire Trading Standards is urging shopkeepers to be vigilant as “fireworks have been misused by terrorists”. A tweet put out this afternoon (Saturday) tells traders: “Your vigilance in reporting suspicions can help the
- 09:52 Mourinho sets unwanted Premier League record with Manchester United
- 09:51 Top 10 things to do at the weekend in Lancashire
- 09:51 JP Morgan Cazenove downgrades British equities, upgrades euro zone...
- 09:51 New additions to timeline marking key events in Kettering’s history
- 09:51 Arsenal join European giants in tracking highly-rated starlet - report
- 09:51 Alan Shearer slams Man United: Jose Mourinho should be embarrassed...
- 09:50 Car crashes into house for the second time in a decade
- 09:50 Drinking session led to vicious attack on host in Stockton home
- 09:49 Football fan rides horse into pub
- 09:49 Top 10 things to do at the weekend in Lancashire
- 09:48 KT Tunstall rushed to hospital after swallowing chicken wing bone
- 09:47 Football fan rides horse into pub
- 09:46 Stamford man charged with raping teenager
- 09:46 Jose Mourinho speaks out about Wayne Rooney’s Man Utd future
- 09:45 Man taken to hospital after motorbikes crash in Bitterscote Drive,...
- 09:45 Entertainment world mourns Dad's Army creator Jimmy Perry
- 09:44 Syrian refugee kids among £1-an-hour workers making clothes for...
- 09:44 Make It Happen: Groups apply for help from grant scheme
- 09:43 Sean is left hungry after sanctions stop his benefits
- 09:42 Seoul court approves winding down of Hanjin Shipping's four...
- 09:42 Halloween events across Lancashire
- 09:42 European bank stocks recoup post-Brexit losses
- 09:42 Prisons in England and Wales 'need to improve rehabilitation rates'
- 09:42 Lauri Love: MPs sign letter asking President Obama to block...
- 09:41 Children give verdict on Dreamflight delight
- 09:40 Young man denies frail Warwick pensioner’s manslaughter
- 09:39 BOSTON SATURDAY LEAGUE: Results
- 09:38 US 'consternation' over Philippines' Duterte comments
- 09:38 Other classic dating profile photos we’d like to see banned
- 09:37 Top 10 things to do at the weekend in Lancashire