News from South Yorkshire Times
0 Have your say A mountain biker who broke his neck in a horror accident has got back in the saddle to help raise money for the emergency medics who rescued him. Father-of-two Rob Hobson was riding in Wharncliffe Woods, near Sheffield, when he was thrown
0 Have your say The number of crimes and anti-social behaviour incidents reported has reduced in six areas of Doncaster, new figures have revealed. Police figures released today show that the number of crimes and ASB incidents reported in Thorne and Moor
0 Have your say A Swedish firm has designed the world’s first airbag for cyclists. The Hövding airbag is designed to revolutionise head protection and videos of the invention online have attracted more than 150 million views as cyclists get excited about
0 Have your say This is a rare opportunity to acquire a truly unique and individual four bedroom (three doubles and one single) property offering an excellent range of accommodation across three floors. Providing generous living space, this family home c
0 Have your say South Yorkshire Police seek information about an accident near Barnsley last night (Monday October 24). At around 7.30pm it is reported a man and woman were walking along Barrowfield Road, Thurnscoe, where around 200 yards from a vehicle
0 Have your say South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue chiefs have renewed their public appeal to take care with fireworks after a shed was completely destroyed. A rocket from a family firework display ignited the building on Verelst Avenue, Aston, Rotherham, a
1 Have your say A police probe is underway into a serious collision in Barnsley. The incident happened in Barrowfield Road, Thurnscoe, at 7.30pm last night. Police officers investigating the collision are looking for a dark hatchback with a damaged winds
0 Have your say Many happy returns World Pasta Day ... 21 today! The culinary cultural celebration, here illustrated by Godfather of Italian cuisine Gennaro Contaldo sharing expert tips to guarantee al dente not al don'te, became a thing at World Pasta C
0 Have your say Transport Minister Chris Grayling has been urged to ‘think again’ about the planned HS2 route through South Yorkshire. Doncaster MP Ed Miliband met with Mr Grayling on Monday, armed with objection letters and petitions from people who wil
0 Have your say One lane of the M1 in South Yorkshire is blocked this morning following a collision between a car and a van. The crash happened on the northbound stretch of the motorway just before junction 33 at Catcliffe. There is queuing traffic back
0 Have your say An Assistant Police and Crime Commissioner has been appointed in South Yorkshire - to try to restore trust in the county's police force. Sioned-Mair Richards, a former Sheffield councillor, has been appointed to help Police and Crime Comm
1 Have your say A Barnsley-born television quiz show regular, arrested last month on suspicion of murder, will not now face extradition over his autobiographical admission. The Dutch bid to extradite former Eggheads panelist CJ de Mooi (seen here starrin
0 Have your say War heroes past and present will be remembered with a couple of events in Sheffield over the next week. The Hallamshire Military Concert Band is having its annual “Festival of Remembrance” concert on Saturday, October 28, at St Peter’s Ch
0 Have your say Officers investigating a Doncaster burglary, during which a family dog and car was stolen, have now issued CCTV images of two women they would like to speak to in connection with the incident. The incident reportedly took place between 12
0 Have your say Countryside on the outskirts of Sheffield was filled with the roar of rutting red deer stags - but on closer inspection all was not as it seemed. For the noise was not being made by the stags themselves but instead by people taking part i
- 14:48 A day for democracy
- 14:48 Artist’s work helps Lancashire hospice
- 14:47 CCTV catches thieves taking beer from garage
- 14:47 Handbag snatched from car as woman waited at traffic lights
- 14:47 More love than hate? Marmite sales rocket after ‘Brexit’ row
- 14:46 Drunk brandished knife after row in pub
- 14:46 Nissan-Renault says open to partnerships to develop new car...
- 14:46 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:46 BlackBerry launches its third Android-based phone
- 14:46 Appeal for information on two asbestos fly tips
- 14:46 Watch as ceilidh cops jig in the street with Stornoway Mod revellers
- 14:46 Block paving set to go in Town centre!
- 14:46 New Northern Rail trains: This is what Teesside's trains could look...
- 14:46 This woman has spent over £20,000 to look like Barbie
- 14:45 Hull City club secretary Matt Wild resigns - and will join...
- 14:45 Man Booker 2016 winner to be announced
- 14:45 Chelsea star Pedro reveals Barcelona talks and why summer move...
- 14:45 Pep Guardiola expecting Man United backlash: This is why Jose...
- 14:43 Biker seriously hurt in crash
- 14:43 Return of the burial mound: Neolithic stone tombs could be used in...
- 14:43 Five things we learned from The Walking Dead season seven premiere
- 14:41 Phantom smells are a very bad sign - and this is why
- 14:41 Scared of the dentist? Then blame the genes inherited from your...
- 14:41 When do the clocks go back?
- 14:40 Sergio Ramos 'feeling better every day' as Real Madrid star shares...
- 14:40 Paul Pogba leaves Manchester United hotel in personalised pair of...
- 14:40 Pep Guardiola expects Manchester United to recover from their...
- 14:40 Arts festival was hailed a ‘great success’
- 14:40 When do the clocks go back?
- 14:40 When do the clocks go back?