News from Skegness Standard
Hopes of an annual carnival returning to Burgh-le-Marsh have been dashed – as least for this year. Poor response from people wanting to dress up and take part in the nursery rhyme theme parade planned for July is the main reason for the decision – along
A couple are appealing for help in finding their African grey parrot Bentley who was last seen at 3pm yesterday (Monday) in Ingoldmells. Mark Bates contacted The Standard after Bentley, four, flew out of the couple’s caravan at Waterside Leisure Park, in
Grieving residents making a last attempt to keep treasured mementos on graves at a cemetery in Winthorpe say they have been dealt a further blow after items were discovered broken and strewn across the grass. Clare Hall said she made the discovery when s
Increase in armed police and military support at key locations and events as terror threat level raised to...
With the UK terror threat level being raised to ‘critical’, police are continuing to urge residents to be vigilant. The Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre raised the threat level last night – meaning an attack not only remains highly likely but a further at
A taxi driver from Skegness is being hailed a hero after spending two harrowing hours searching for local lads caught up in the terror attack in Manchester which claimed the lives of 22 people. Paul Jowett, who works for Premier Taxis, took the lads to M
Visitors to the Skegness area were taken on a trip through time at special events held over the weekend. The Village Church Farm hosted a two-day 40s event with the museum in Church Road South showing what life was like in wartime Britain. There were tro
A five-year-old Skegness schoolboy left in agony with a broken arm is now on his way to Pilgrim Hospital in Boston after having to wait outside for nearly four hours for an ambulance, according to his angry grandma. Jill Cooper said Frankie Green was rec
A beach clean has been held in Skegness in memory of murdered Labour MP Jo Cox. Labour’s candidate for Boston and Skegness in the General Election Paul Kenny showed his support by joining a group of volunteers from the Skegness and District We Want Coas
Police are seeking anyone who might recognise a number of commemorative coins and medal which may have been stolen ‘in the east of the county’. The force found the items during a search warrant in Boston. Officers believe the medals may have been stolen
The 2015 general election left the Liberal Democrats on a precipice. The party was reduced to just eight MPs, a much shrunken local government base, and had been dethroned from its traditional position as the third party of British politics. Since then,
This picture from last summer was shared with The Standard recently by Ryan Redfern. If you have a picture you would like to see in this spot, you can post it at www.facebook.com/skegness.standard, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or get it to us v
Fraudsters are using the recent WannaCry ransomware attack as a way to get people to click links in a BT-branded phishing email. Action Fraud - the UK’s national reporting centre for fraud and cybercrime - say they have received reports of a ‘very convin
A man has been arrested in connection with an attempted robbery in Skegness. The incident was reported to have taken place in the area of Morrisons and Alexandra Road between 12:10am and 12:40am this morning, Monday May 22. A 27-year-old Skegness man was
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge has recorded a video message to celebrate and mark the beginning of Children’s Hospice Week. The Duchess talks about her personal experience of the incredible difference that children’s hospices and palliative care services c
Labour’s candidate for Boston and Skegness in the General Election showed his support for a beach clean held in memory of murdered MP Joe Cox by taking part in the event. Paul Kenny joined a group of volunteers from the Skegness and district We Want Coas
- 00:31 Rufus Hound hit with backlash over his Manchester terror...
- 00:31 M&S rides storm after clothing sales setback
- 00:31 City news: Ineos, RBS, Britain's car industry, Screwfix
- 00:29 Fly to the US for less than £100 as low-cost airline opens new...
- 00:28 Donations flood in for homeless heroes
- 00:25 The sex slaves of al-Shabab
- 00:23 Manchester attack: Everything we know about suicide bomber Salman...
- 00:22 Found at scene in Manchester: Detonator, Shrapnel and battery
- 00:22 Watch Europa League final highlights after Manchester United beat Ajax
- 00:22 Tiger Woods determined to play golf again but admits he faces at...
- 00:21 Here is everything we know so far about the Manchester tragedy
- 00:20 Manchester terror attack: Nuneaton property raided and man arrested
- 00:19 Churches and police join forces to help most vulnerable in Cumbria
- 00:18 Call for Leeds rail passengers to help protect vulnerable children
- 00:18 Drinking coffee may have protective effect against liver cancer,...
- 00:18 Patrick Mercer: Terrorism – we must protect those who protect us
- 00:18 YP Comment: Standing up to the forces of evil. Soldiers in a show...
- 00:17 Jose Mourinho: This striker could be at Manchester United next season
- 00:17 Manchester United told to go on epic spending spree: They need four...
- 00:16 The staggering number of abusive tweets sent to MPs
- 00:10 Last night's TV reviewed: Fair cops a force for good
- 00:10 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger set to name shock inclusion for Chelsea...
- 00:09 'I turned my dad's erotic novel into a hit podcast'
- 00:06 Coronation Street attacker reveal, killer exit and rape horror: 10...
- 00:05 Syrian army drives back Isis in surprise blitz offensive
- 00:05 Venezuela: Delayed regional elections after constitution rewrite
- 00:05 Philippines: Dirty Duterte may extend martial law
- 00:05 PCS: Serwotka presses for end to zero-hours
- 00:05 ‘Despicable’ Argos bosses refuse to talk to strikers
- 00:05 PCS: Civil servants will get behind Labour