News from Skegness Standard
The name Butlin’s has long been famous when it comes to seaside holidays and now a new book delves into the fascinating history of the company as it celebrates its 80th year. Accomplished historian Kathryn Ferry has produced a remarkable and unique look
As November 5 draws closer, Lincolnshire Trading Standards is urging shopkeepers to be vigilant as “fireworks have been misused by terrorists”. A tweet put out this afternoon (Saturday) tells traders: “Your vigilance in reporting suspicions can help the
No-one would feel alone near Boris the donkey. When he spots you he gives an ‘eee-aw’ from across the field and he’s right there beside you hoping for a cuddle. The magic of the countryside is exactly why a couple from Oakham gave up life in the fast lan
In November 2003, Skegness staff at the Safeway supermarket took on the roles of St Trinians pupils. Head mistress Jill Harlock is pictured administering a bit of old-fashioned discipline to errant schoolboy Frank Bunce. See the paper for more pictures f
Lincolnshire’s Just Jane takes massive step closer to becoming only third airworthy Lancaster in the world
The county’s much-loved Lancaster Bomber ‘Just Jane’ is to take massive steps in its bid to return to our skies with a £250,000 restoration. The Avro Lancaster NX611 will have major works carried out over the winter towards restoring her to airworthy con
All of us are aware of the need for local councils to make budget cuts and the resulting impact on services they are now able to provide. Why then, does the county council believe there is a need to spend thousands of pounds in order for the A52 Roman Ba
A couple from Wainfleet are determined to raise £8,200 to go to America to take part in ground-breaking research against Huntington’s Disease. Chris Dower, 35, was diagnosed with the condition earlier this year. The brain damage it causes gets progressiv
Brits will spend nearly eight years of their lives doing household chores, a study has found. Cleaning, ironing, food shop shopping and even walking the dog means the average adult spends just under three hours a day on domestic tasks. This amounts to 20
A family support charity in Lincolnshire has been nominated for a national award. Home-Start Lincolnshire has been shortlisted in the Transformation category in the The Guardian Public Service Awards A spokesman for the charity said: “This category celeb
When Caroline Sherwood’s mum Pat was diagnosed with a brain tumour at the start of this year it was a sudden shock to the whole family. Up until January there had been no sign that anything was wrong - until she suffered a suspected stroke at her home in
Lincolnshire Police has received seven calls from people claiming they have been targeted by scammers posing as officers from the Metropolitan Police in London. People are warned not to speak to them as they will attempt to find out about their financial
Plans which could radically change the way healthcare services are delivered in Lincolnshire are set to be submitted to the government for approval today (Friday). However it will not be for a number of weeks until the extent of these plans are revealed
A teenager who went missing on Sunday has been found, police have confirmed. Lincolnshire Police tweeted out on their force account: “We have found Heidi James who went missing from the Skegness area on October 16 - thank you for the support” The force h
Lincolnshire County Council has today voted against plans for a new Greater Lincolnshire Combined Authority and Mayor. At an extraordinary council meeting today, members voted 43 to 17 against, with five abstentions, on a plan which would see about £15 m
A Lincolnshire man who sexually abused three young children was today (Thursday) jailed for 16 years. Lincoln Crown Court heard Alan McCarthy, 59, from Welton le Marsh, carried out a minimum of 124 offences over two decades. He gave alcohol and cigarette
- 07:10 How Manchester United should line up vs Chelsea
- 07:10 How Man City should line up vs Southampton
- 07:10 With people out of work or suffering wage cuts this should be...
- 07:10 Blasts injure people in Japanese city
- 07:07 Big charity total raised by store staff
- 07:05 This test will determine just how much control your cat has over you
- 07:05 12 people on the quickest ways they’ve seen their friends mess up...
- 07:04 Opium crops spread in Afghanistan as Taliban gains ground, U.N. says
- 07:04 Ecuador’s Yasuni park: where oil vies with tourism for the rainforest
- 07:01 ScotRail goes from bad to worse despite promises from Abellio to...
- 06:57 Three quarters of parents think mobiles have negative effect on...
- 06:57 Migraine sufferers ‘should avoid processed meats and leafy greens’
- 06:57 BUSINESS EYE: Not our finest hour...
- 06:57 Center Parcs backs Tommy’s Super Sibling Award 2017
- 06:55 Lincolnshire Trading Standards warning over fireworks being...
- 06:42 Family of woman feared beaten to death in Israel smeared by Police...
- 06:47 Give A Pet A Home: Dogs at Animal Lifeline in need of homes
- 06:42 Police hunt murder suspects on the run with missing mum Farrah Fadli
- 06:47 Leek drink-driver broke neck after crashing in Ladderedge on way to...
- 06:42 Bully killer forced him into life of crime, but pint-sized ex-crook...
- 06:42 Bookies accused of targeting deprived areas with addictive high...
- 06:47 Thief stole phones from woman he met on night out in Hanley - but...
- 06:42 Whisky distillery left with a hangover as more than £1million worth...
- 06:45 The unsung Madchester artist
- 06:42 Scottish dancer in talks to replace Len Goodman as head judge on...
- 06:44 Three quarters of parents think mobiles have negative effect on...
- 06:44 Migraine sufferers ‘should avoid processed meats and leafy greens’
- 06:42 Shocking stats show Glasgow Airport sees twice the amount of crime...
- 06:44 Halloween and Bonfire Night to be the focus of an advice day in...
- 06:42 Prosecco-loving shopper tells of horror as bottle explodes in her hand