News from Shropshire Star
In his first major speech of the new year, Mark Carney said household debt and rising consumer credit will be a key issue for the Bank's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) as it decides whether or not to hike interest rates. It comes after total household b
Emergency services were called to Shropshire Street at around 4.20pm. Three fire crews were sent to the scene from Market Drayton and Wellington. West Mercia Police said a grey Citroen Picasso hit the front of the building, causing substantial damage to
The fire service and the ambulance service were sent to the scene at The Black Horse Hotel on Bridge Street, this afternoon. A barmaid, who did not wish to be named, said: "I wasn't around when it happened, everyone who was here has gone with her...
Emergency services were called to Blackley, Manchester, just before 12.30pm. A spokeswoman for North West Ambulance Service said two people had been taken to Salford Royal Hospital with what were believed to be serious injuries. Three other people were b
Ian Stewart, 56, of Baldock Road, Royston, Hertfordshire, watched a game of bowls and had a Chinese takeaway on the day he is accused of drugging and killing the author, a jury at St Albans Crown Court was told. The 51-year-old writer's body was found du
Disabled since birth, she was totally blind and had to walk with a stick when she was allegedly groped by Harris at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London in 1977, Southwark Crown Court heard. A subsequent accident has left her now unable to walk and in...
Priority seats for the smash hit became available on Monday, 10 months ahead of the show's opening in London in November. Fans, who registered months in advance for the chance to buy early bird tickets, reported a "stressful" time as they...
Emergency services were called to the Little Dawley Pools, off Holly Road in Dawley, at around 10.30am today. The man had been walking alongside the pools when he collapsed. Despite being given CPR by both services, he could not be saved. He was pronounc
Worried parents began arriving at St George's Primary School in the Penilee area of Glasgow as reports of the shooting emerged. Police said a 35-year-old was shot and is being treated in hospital, where his condition is described as stable. The incident
The memorial, commissioned by her three sons Robert, Ben and Jack, is situated outside the original entrance to the world famous Cavern Club where the late singer and TV presenter had worked as a cloakroom girl. The ceremony also marked the 60th birthday
Frances Cappuccini, 30, died at Tunbridge Wells Hospital in Pembury, Kent, shortly after giving birth to her son, Giacomo, by Caesearean section. The school teacher suffered heavy bleeding and was anaesthetised, but went into cardiac arrest and died at 4
The 80-year-old entertainer's tour listings include Glastonbury's Pyramid Stage on June 23 among his other tour dates across Europe and the United States this year. However, a spokesman for the festival said the next official line-up announcement will be
The animals were given emergency treatment following the fire in Malpas, near Whitchurch. Two fire crews attended the small fire shortly before 3am on Sunday. A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "A number of animals were...
The 17-year-old girl was walking along Underdale Road around 6pm on Saturday when she was approached by a man riding a silver mountain bike between Cleveland Street and Bradford Street. The man is reported to have exposed himself to her before he cycled
0 Comments It forms part of the Shropshire Local Plan – Shropshire Council's blueprint for future development and the starting point for planning decisions in the county. The current plan covers the period 2006 to 2026. But to reflect changes in national
- 21:46 New Year nightclub attacker caught in Istanbul - Turkish media reports
- 21:46 Comp: Win a pair of tickets to Chelsea v Hull at Stamford Bridge on...
- 21:45 The Istanbul New Year’s Eve nightclub attacker ‘has been caught’
- 21:43 Istanbul Reina nightclub attacker 'captured'
- 21:42 Jamie Carragher identifies the area Chelsea can be exploited by...
- 21:40 Illegal angler fined for fishing without a licence
- 21:40 Tesco is recalling Butter Chicken product as it contains nuts
- 21:36 BREAKING: Turkish police capture New Year's eve ISIS nightclub gunman
- 21:34 Liverpool legend slams Manchester United for "lack of class" in Old...
- 21:34 Thierry Henry: Why Chelsea's 3-4-3 system is so effective
- 21:33 Ivory Coast police fire teargas to disperse protesting students
- 21:32 Pregnancy weight gain not linked to early death in adulthood
- 21:32 Gentler exercise ‘can be just as effective’ as intense activity
- 21:31 'Wicked' man, 78, jailed for historic sex offences against children...
- 21:31 Blue Monday: 17 reasons why Derby folk should be cheerful in 2017
- 21:26 Boy, 17, admits Birmingham taxi stone attack
- 21:24 Mark Carney: Household debt and consumer spending a key focus amid...
- 21:24 Man in court admits hiring a prostitute in Derbyshire
- 21:22 Chelsea close to agreeing major striker deal - Sky Sports reporter
- 21:22 Businesses throw support behind £1m action plan for Derby's St...
- 21:22 Your pictures of REALLY bad parking in Derbyshire
- 21:22 Blue Monday: Let comedians from Derby Theatre's sell-out shows...
- 21:22 Drink-driver crashed into Land Rover carrying baby in Derbyshire
- 21:21 Louis van Gaal set to retire from football for ‘family reasons’
- 21:18 David Cameron should not lead Nato, says senior Tory
- 21:18 EastEnders spoilers: Phil Mitchell discovers the truth about his...
- 21:17 Europe braced for TENS OF THOUSANDS of migrants to arrive in...
- 21:14 Woman, 65, fined £80 for pouring her coffee down a drain
- 21:13 Chelsea lend promising goalkeeper to Solihull Moors
- 21:13 "I am fed up!" Danielle Lloyd claims she doesn't get a PENNY...