News from Sheffield Telegraph
Storm Doris battered the UK yesterday and much of it was captured on video. And with planes struggling to land to trees falling in roads and narrowly missing motoristsand paddling pools and trampolines taking flight we look at 10 of the most viewed Storm
A Sheffield cleaning company is defying the costs of the National Living Wage by signing five new contracts, hiring four and boosting turnover. Crystal Clean Service is shining despite last year’s Government-imposed wage hike which increased the bill by
A Sheffield corporate finance company says the Brexit vote made no impact on deals last year and growth has continued into 2017. Castle Square Corporate Finance enjoyed a ‘strong year’ in 2016 with a series of big transactions including the £25 million f
New seating is to be added to more than half of Sheffield's tram stops. The works, which are being undertaken at 26 of the city’s 48 tram stops by South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive and Stagecoach Supertram, will begin on Monday and are expect
The newly-appointed bishop of Sheffield has been urged to decline the post by a senior figure in the church - who says his opposition to female priests will 'cause significant damage'. The Very Revd Professor Martyn Percy, the dean of Christ Church, Oxfo
A broken down vehicle is causing delays on a motorway in South Yorkshire this afternoon. Lanes are closed on the A1M northbound between junctions 34 and 35 just outside Doncaster while emergency services deal with the incident.
Shocking figures today reveal firearms have been discharged 230 times in South Yorkshire in less than a year - leading to fears of gang warfare on our streets. Weapons including air rifles, explosive firearms and guns were discharged at a rate of about f
A housing association which manages 6000 properties across South Yorkshire has been named as one of the country's best employers - for the second year running. The South Yorkshire Housing Association was listed at number 40 on The Sunday Times list of th
The Sheffield-based British Business Bank has launched a £400m Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund, aimed at boosting the North of England’s economy and helping the region’s businesses realise their growth potential. The new fund aims to provide smaller
CPS Yorkshire and Humberside partnership working has improved victim and witness care, inspectors find
CPS Yorkshire and Humberside is a well-managed Area which provides a good level of service although some aspects of casework need to improve, a recent inspection found. Inspectors looked at whether the CPS in Yorkshire and Humberside delivers the maximum
Johnny Nelson is a big guy. The 6ft 3ins former boxer ruled as world champion from 1999-2005. These days, he shares his knowledge of the ring as a pundit on Sky TV boxing shows. But the Sheffield fight expert - who turned 50 years old last month - shared
Mysterious radioactive cloud moves towards UK as plane which tackled Chernobyl called in to find source
A US Air Force plane which helped in the aftermath of the Chernobyl disaster has been called in to find the source of a mysterious radioactive cloud heading towards the UK. The WC-135 Constant Phoenix, which is specially modified to collect atmospheric s
Get the lemons, sugar and chocolate sauce in - because pancake day is almost here! For foodies, it’s undoubtedly one of the best days of the year for a decadent treat - and whether you like them sweet or savoury, we have plenty ideas for you. This year’s
South Yorkshire at heart of 'new Industrial Revolution' after landing £20 million Boeing factory deal
Aerospace giant Boeing's decision to build its first ever European factory locally puts South Yorkshire at the heart of a "new Industrial Revolution." That is the bold claim by Professor Sir Keith Burnett, president and vice-chancellor of...
With March just around the corner and the Christmas holidays now a distant memory, a prolonged break from work may seem like just wishful thinking. But, due to the fortunate timing of Easter this year, there’s an ingenious way to enjoy an incredible 18 d
- 17:18 10 city landlords fined nearly £30,000 as council cracks down
- 17:18 Emmerdale's Leah Bracknell left tearful as she says her cancer has...
- 17:18 Call The Midwife: FGM victim praises 'beautiful and sensitively...
- 17:18 Hundreds of jobs in doubt as Sainsbury's Stone warehouse to close
- 17:16 French jobless total rises marginally in January
- 17:16 SMTV: 7 things that MUST be in the anniversary special
- 17:15 Keith Wyness LIVE: Aston Villa CEO answers questions from supporters
- 17:15 Birmingham mum who killed her daughter allowed out into community
- 17:15 Warning as EXPLODING e-cigarette destroys bedroom at Black Country...
- 17:15 This Comic Relief trampoline sleepover is coming to Birmingham
- 17:15 See the dramatic moment a dog is rescued from sinkhole by firefighters
- 17:14 Jose Mourinho reacts to Manchester United Europa League draw with...
- 17:14 Lincolnshire pub given the 'all-clear' following rat claims
- 17:14 Boss praises firemen for saving his business from serious fire
- 17:14 Crunch! Watch as police seize and crush uninsured criminal's car
- 17:13 Air Cadets call for new members to join
- 17:12 Olathe shooting: India shocked after national killed in US
- 17:12 Should 'catfishing' be made illegal?
- 17:11 INTERVIEW: John Shuttleworth
- 17:11 Lincolnshire County Councillors agree to public consultation on...
- 17:11 How the brush strokes used by Van Gogh and Seurat were pioneered...
- 17:10 Mourinho on Rooney's decision to stay at Manchester United
- 17:10 RGC must continue to learn lessons says coach Phil John
- 17:10 Running advice from a professional: Olympic champion Desiree Henry
- 17:10 Europa League team of the week: Which Manchester United star made...
- 17:10 Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson engage in epic back and forth...
- 17:10 Jurgen Klopp reveals injury to Liverpool star in training: Two...
- 17:10 Andy Hinchcliffe predicts Championship promotion race: These four...
- 17:10 Chelsea plot Serie A raid: Blues keen on Lazio star, £21m fee...
- 17:09 Penrith man admits child porn crimes