News from Sheffield Telegraph
Around 50 South Yorkshire homes have been hit by a power cut today. Properties in Goldthorpe were plunged into darkness at 11am this morning and the power is not expected to be back on until after 6pm tonight. Staff from the Northern Powergird are on sit
Cheeky thieves cut through the soft top of a vehicle and stole a mobile phone from inside. The incident happened sometime overnight between late Thursday and the early hours of this morning in Baslow Road, Totley. In the same night thieves also stole a s
Burglars broke into a shed before stealing tools and a generator. The Sheffield South East Local Policing Team said the incident happened at a property in Hayfield Drive, Birley, sometime between last Saturday and Thursday. Call police on 101.
Signalling problems are causing delays on South Yorkshire's rail network this evening. An earlier electric fault near Doncaster had caused problems but was later fixed. The area was then hit by signalling problems near Fitzwilliam. Although lines are now
A community is in a state of shock after a 'well liked' young dad was stabbed to death close to his home. Police have launched a murder probe after the victim, named locally as 21-year-old dad Jordan Hill, was attacked in Southey Avenue, Longley, at 9.45
The Environment Agency has given Sheffield Council £50,000 to help uncover a city centre river. The authority wants to remove the culvert on top of the River Sheaf in Castlegate, where the old Castle Market stood, and create a park for residents to enjoy
Business Secretary Greg Clark will be the principal speaker at the Cutlers’ Feast in Sheffield - one of the most important business dinners in the North. The Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy will attend the 381st Feast afte
UTC Sheffield computing students are getting ready to put their high level technical skills to the test by taking part in a national robotics competition. Two teams of Year 10 and Year 12 students will attend the event on May 10th at Silverstone UTC in N
Community in focus: Big developments are the talking point in historic Norton and bustling Meadowhead
It’s an area brimming with history which has taken a big leap into the 21st century with brand new developments making it the envy of Sheffield. Norton has gone from an historic sleepy village known for its idyllic Grade II listed church to a bustling re
A single mother from a Yorkshire council estate tells Chris Burn how she went from school cook to chef for Marco Pierre White. It is the type of job that takes over your life “100 per cent”. Gruelling hours, massive pressure and a constant need to delive
BREAKING: Loud bangs heard after police find ‘suspicious package’ yards from scene of Westminster terror...
Police have this evening been called out to reports of a 'suspicious package' yards from the scene of the Westminster terror attack. Witnesses reported on social media accounts that they heard loud bangs near Parliament Square this evening. Officers have
A Sheffield mum-of-two has heaped praise on a health and fitness scheme which enables people with physical and learning disabilities, as well as mental health conditions, to take a family member, carer or friend to Sheffield sports venues as support for
Samantha Shannon, bestselling author of the fantasy novels known as The Bone Season series will be discussing her work and signing copies of her new book The Song Rising (Bloomsbury £12.99) at a special event in store on Friday March 31 from 7pm. Samanth
Since opening in October 2016, The Botanist in Leopold Square (Sheffield) has raised almost £2,000 for The Children’s Hospital Charity with the donation of a percentage from children’s meals and limited edition cocktails. The restaurant and bar chain bra
Train passengers are being advised of service disruption at Doncaster Railway Station this morning. A failure of the electricity supply at the Doncaster power signal box means trains in the Doncaster and Grantham area are being disrupted. There are delay
- 04:32 EXCLUSIVE: Monaco slap whopping £130m price tag on Man United target
- 04:32 EXCLUSIVE: How James Ward-Prowse is keeping this Southampton icon's...
- 04:32 England boss Gareth Southgate: I still need Wayne Rooney
- 04:32 PAUL HETHERINGTON COLUMN: Southgate's warning, Demebele's price...
- 04:32 Chris Coleman: This is how Neil Taylor reacted to Seamus Coleman's...
- 04:32 Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill: When we reach this number,...
- 04:21 Anti-Trump protester sparks CHAOS after using 'PEPPER SPRAY to...
- 04:15 Jesse Lingard reveals how Gareth Southgate's young England squad...
- 04:10 Chinese authorities block Sydney academic from boarding flight home
- 04:05 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: Ten amazing things to do in Derbyshire
- 03:48 Vietnamese detainee dies in Japan's immigration centre - sources
- 03:48 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: Ten amazing things to do in Derbyshire
- 03:47 Roadworks: What's happening in Leicester this week?
- 03:44 Thandie Newton joins cast of hit police drama Line Of Duty
- 03:44 Book by Auschwitz survivor tops German biography best-seller list
- 03:40 Norway boss Lars Lagerback gives thoughts on links to England job
- 03:36 EXCLUSIVE: Man City paying extraordinary amounts to keep Joe Hart...
- 03:34 Scarborough retailer prosecuted for selling e-cigarette to teenager
- 03:32 Night-time loo trips 'linked to salt in diet'
- 03:28 Can long-haul air travel also be low cost?
- 03:28 'We should not be the most backward country on maternity pay'
- 03:15 Guyana's transgender activists fight archaic law
- 03:15 The place where children can be very unlucky with their names
- 03:13 Coronation Street spoilers: Horror for Tracy Barlow as Amy...
- 03:13 Mud, sweat and cheers: The rise of obstacle course racing
- 03:11 Entertainment news round-up: 19-25 March
- 03:11 Line of Duty: All you need to know to get up to speed for series four
- 03:09 Art world's Welsh national gallery wish list
- 02:59 'Why is Gary Barlow wearing a suit made out of my gran's...
- 02:59 Nipping out for the evening! Braless Naomi Campbell, 46, stuns in a...