News from Sheffield Telegraph
The following were convicted at Doncaster, Chesterfield and Sheffield magistrates’ courts between Monday, November 21, and Thursday December 1. Sheffield All addresses are in Sheffield unless otherwise stated. Mazain Fawed Kaladi: 24, of Lucas Street, po
Staff and pupils at Bentley High Street Primary have been working very hard to dress their school ready for Christmas. A spokesman said: “The theme for this year has been ‘light’ and the displays around school look absolutely amazing.” Parents were invit
It took five years but Jonathan Mawer never gave up – his ambition was too strong. The #DisabilityWorks campaign aims to show the benefits of employing disabled talent, for tailored recruitment support:Click this link Or call 0114 2760039. The 23-year-ol
The Tour de Yorkshire will come to Sheffield for the first time next year. The full route for next year’s event, due to take place between April 28 and 30, was revealed yesterday. Stage one will run between Bridlington and Scarborough, taking in Whitby,
Sheffield has risen above Leeds and Manchester in a list of the cities with the best heritage assets in the country. It rose 23 places to third in the 'core cities' table of the Heritage Index, which ranks the areas that are best at using heritage to cre
A trust that runs three Sheffield schools is reaching out to city neighbourhoods with the creation of a community hub. The Oasis Charitable Trust is starting the project in Darnall and Attercliffe, with the aim of bringing people together and helping to
Saturday night revellers in Doncaster will soon be able to head to a safe haven in the town centre. The aim of the project is to offer drinkers and party-goers support when they hurt themselves or to keep them safe when they’ve had a little bit too much
Sheffield experienced its coldest November in six years - and the month's fifth wettest day since records began. The weather station at Weston Park Museum recorded the lowest temperature since 2010, at minus 2.3C - although that was some way off the lowe
A mum-of-five from Sheffield battling terminal bone marrow cancer has backed a new drive to find a cure for the disease. Jaqui Copley, aged 56, from Ecclesall, was diagnosed two years ago with myeloma and has spoken of the ‘devastating’ impact on her fam
This incredible 1970s cinema advert for The Star has surfaced - and with its groovy soundtrack, serves up an amazing trip down memory lane. The eight and a half minute epic shows a host of familiar places and locations across Sheffield and follows the li
Tesco customers have voted in their millions to help good causes in Doncaster bag a share of a £12.5m carrier bag charge fund. The supermarket teamed up with Groundwork to launch the second round of its Bags of Help funding initiative, which sees grants
More than 700 people cheered the winners at the best awards in the business last night. A record number of entries turned the tension up to fever pitch ahead of the Sheffield Business Awards at Ponds Forge. The victors were announced at a gala ceremony b
Rotherham Council is pleased to announce the formal opening of four adapted, self-contained apartments in Shaftesbury House that offer short term accommodation for up to six weeks to adults with health and/or care needs under the badge of the ‘short stay
Three Doncaster businessmen with a combined wealth of £1.15billion have made it into Yorkshire’s Rich List Furniture tycoon Lord Kirkham, and construction entrepreneurs Terry Bramall and Irving Weaver are named among the county’s 50 richest people in a l
Business leaders have told why they believe Doncaster needs a technical college to bridge the gap between education and work. Education chiefs and local authorities have joined more than 70 local and regional business bosses to back the need for a Univer
- 19:40 Arsenal 5 West Ham 1: Scintillating Sanchez stuns the Hammers at...
- 19:37 West Ham 1-5 Arsenal hits and misses: Alexis Sanchez unplayable as...
- 19:37 Tories accuse Labour over Article 50 debate amendment plan
- 19:36 Final journey home for Brazilian football team killed in Colombia...
- 19:34 West Ham 1-5 Arsenal: Alexis Sanchez nets 14-minute hat-trick as...
- 19:33 High Sheriff helps charity mark 25 years
- 19:31 Arsenal fans label Alexis Sanchez the ‘perfect player’ after...
- 19:31 West Ham 1-5 Arsenal: Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez shine as...
- 19:29 BREAKING: Horror fire at warehouse nightclub leaves at least 40...
- 19:29 Stoke City keeper Jack Butland a cause for concern after latest...
- 19:26 Thierry Henry: Why Eden Hazard impressed me against Manchester City
- 19:25 Sweet treat for Hartlepool school’s support staff
- 19:25 Police appeal for witnesses after North East man dies in three...
- 19:22 Tamworth FC up to fourth as Briscoe double downs Altrincham
- 19:22 Eden Hazard: This was the key to Chelsea defeating Manchester City
- 19:19 Man knocked out by attacker in Corby
- 19:14 New sized bottle good for stocking filler
- 19:13 Driver, 93, dies after car hits tree
- 19:13 Have you seen missing Boldon woman Ann Stewart?
- 19:13 Caitlin jumping for joy with sponsors
- 19:11 Alan Shearer urges football abuse victims to come forward
- 19:09 Zinedine Zidane equals Jose Mourinho record with Real Madrid
- 19:06 Police appeal following Botchergate assault
- 19:06 Hundreds flock to town's Christmas festival
- 19:05 Manchester City footballer charged with drink driving
- 19:02 Ten pubs where you can enjoy a pint beside a cosy fire
- 19:02 Five Derby flats you could buy from as little as £79,000
- 19:02 Holidays 2017 - get 19 days away from work in a row by taking just...
- 18:56 Hull Old Town pubs ban Christmas jumpers but regulars say it's...
- 18:56 Benefits of daily aspirin outweigh risks