News from Sheffield Telegraph
South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner Dr Alan Billings has warned Doncaster and Rotherham members of "lack of visible policing and loss of local intelligence". Accompanied by Chief Constable Stephen Watson and Doncaster Commander,...
Marmite sales reportedly rose by 61 per cent during the price rise row between Unilever and Tesco earlier this month. Panic-buyers grabbed an extra £350,000-worth of the love-or-hate spread in the week up to October 15, according to trade magazine The Gr
South Yorkshire Police have set seasonal posers in a bid to beat anti-social behaviour surrounding topical events across the area. Officers' Dark Nights strategy spotlights what you can do to protect your family while reporting any autumnal issues. Full
Sheffield has been announced as host city for the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire. Sheffield has been announced as host city for the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire. Racing for the third edition, which runs from April 28-30, could begin and end in Fox Valley, Sheffield, o
City police have charged a 34-year-old man with burglary after a reported incident in Crookes area. Andrew Cross, of Addy Close, Upperthorpe, appeared before Sheffield Magistrates’ Court today (Tuesday October 25) charged with burglary. He has been reman
Dinnington Post Office has been officially re-opened at leading discount food retailer, Heron Foods. The store opening was marked by a special community ceremony with Councillor Jeanette Mallinder, cutting the ceremonial ribbon. Also in attendance was tr
The streets of Sheffield are being turned into an open air art gallery this week as the city plays host to renowned artists who will share their work on huge murals. The line up includes five artists from Sheffield, five from elsewhere in the UK, and fiv
A mountain biker who broke his neck in a horror accident has got back in the saddle to help raise money for the emergency medics who rescued him. Father-of-two Rob Hobson was riding in Wharncliffe Woods, near Sheffield, when he was thrown over the handle
A Swedish firm has designed the world’s first airbag for cyclists. The Hövding airbag is designed to revolutionise head protection and videos of the invention online have attracted more than 150 million views as cyclists get excited about the inflatable
A Page Hall resident has hit back at reports life in the area has improved - insisting the 'ghetto' is still a ticking time bomb of racial tensions. Last month The Star reported that life in Page Hall had improved in the three years since David Blunkett,
Sheffield is a city well-known for making and manufacture. But today it’s also home to a wealth of digital innovators leading the way in making which combines new technologies and cutting edge design. One such business celebrated in the current Made in S
South Yorkshire Police seek information about an accident near Barnsley last night (Monday October 24). At around 7.30pm it is reported a man and woman were walking along Barrowfield Road, Thurnscoe, where around 200 yards from a vehicle scrap yard it is
Caring Sheffield people are being urged to consider adopting a child in need of a loving family. Since March this year, 24 city children have been matched up with loving parents but Sheffield Council has said more are still in need of an adoptive family.
Members of the public are urged to support a campaign aimed at protecting bumblebees and wild pollinators in Derbyshire. The Bumblebee Conservation Trust has launched the Pollinating the Peak project. The scheme is shortlisted to win £25,000 in the Aviva
South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue chiefs have renewed their public appeal to take care with fireworks after a shed was completely destroyed. A rocket from a family firework display ignited the building on Verelst Avenue, Aston, Rotherham, at around 8pm on
- 08:32 Traffic chaos as M180 roadworks closure continues into rush hour
- 08:31 Lloyds sets aside £1bn extra to cover PPI mis-selling
- 08:31 These scientific cocktails are actually amazing
- 08:30 Lucy Allan MP demands Telford child sex exploitation inquiry...
- 08:29 Do you know where Jordan could be?
- 08:29 Parents can be taught to help treat autism: Children show...
- 08:29 Three-car crash causes delays on M1
- 08:28 'The best leader Cumbria never had' - tributes pour into union man...
- 08:28 Hunt for Todmorden distraction burglar
- 08:27 Hundreds attend funeral of tragic tot Harlow Edwards who died after...
- 08:26 Balmy Britain in Autumnal bloom: Temperatures hit 16C ahead of next...
- 08:26 Is this the most beautiful drive in Europe? Stunning photos of...
- 08:26 From memory loss to temperatures below -50°C: Award-winning...
- 08:26 Paul Merson: Man United boss Jose Mourinho should drop Zlatan...
- 08:26 Andy Burnham to be challenged over 'Manchester trading on past...
- 08:22 Barrow hospital on a drive to get staff vaccinated against the flu
- 08:23 Paedophile who was almost murdered faces jail for child abuse
- 08:22 Charity sets up winter shelter to tackle homelessness in Barrow
- 08:22 Drive thru coffee restaurant plan for Barrow
- 08:22 Mental health services in Cumbria under scrutiny as shocking rates...
- 08:22 Nursing body refuses to release report into its handling of Barrow...
- 08:22 Man accused of assaulting member of staff at Barrow hospital to...
- 08:21 Draft plan for Melton’s future development to go to public...
- 08:20 How Manchester United should line up vs Man City in EFL Cup tie
- 08:20 Manchester United struggler Mkhitaryan 'facing Reds exit'
- 08:20 Majority don’t know lifestyle increases dementia risk
- 08:19 Women lawmakers face sexism, violence on job - report
- 08:19 Appeal to find witness of Halifax town centre assault
- 08:18 Heathrow gets a third runway but what about the North?
- 08:18 Burglars target hair and beauty salons in Huddersfield for...