News from Scunthorpe Telegraph
Ahead of the opening of a brand new indoor trampoline park in Scunthorpe tomorrow, we have been down for a sneak peak inside. Air Kings Scunthorpe trampoline park is located in Atkinson Way on the Foxhills Industrial Estate and has cost £250,000 to build
FEW THINGS irritate people more than the hated nuisance call, but they could soon be a thing of the past after the government announced a clamp down. Company directors could soon be fined up to £500,000 if their business is found to be behind nuisance ph
A PENSIONER, left fuming after being asked to pay 5p for a plastic fruit bag, told a staff member at Asda she would rather shove a bunch of bananas up her top than pay extra to hold them. The 86-year-old grandmother, who has only been identified as Jean,
THE line-up for the final of the 2016 Scunthorpe Rock Open is now confirmed after the last two acts made it through after the final heat at Café Indiependent last night. The two bands that made it through to the final were The Escape Artist from Hull and
The mysterious sightings of big black cats roaming the Lincolnshire Wolds could finally be solved. There have been many mysterious sightings of big black cats over the years – and even proof of the existence of a big cat roaming free. In 2003 a study of
SCUNTHORPE United produced an assured performance to take a comfortable 3-0 victory over Chesterfield on Saturday. The Iron always looked in control against their opponents with Josh Morris, Kevin van Veen and Sam Mantom all scoring to give the Iron vict
SCUNTHORPE United produced the perfect response to their midweek loss to defeat Chesterfield 3-0. A tight first half saw Scunthorpe level with the Spireites at the break but took control of the second half from the minute Josh Morris put them ahead with
TAI Woffinden secured the silver medal at the season-ending Grand Prix in Melbourne in Australia. Woffinden was third overall going into the meeting but with Jason Doyle ruled out through injury, he was fighting it out with Bartosz Zmarzlik and Chris Hol
HOSPITAL staff threw a stunning ball last night (Saturday, October 22) at Forest Pines all in aid of charity. Staff on Ward 28 in Scunthorpe organised the event to raise money for the Health Tree Foundation, the official charity for the Northern Lincolns
NORTH and North East Lincolnshire Council have confirmed their commitment to working together to bring greater powers and money to the area through the devolution agenda. This comes just days after plans for a Greater Lincolnshire were put in doubt after
Food outlets in North Lincolnshire have had visits from hygiene inspectors again – and now the results can be revealed. The Food Standards Agency hosts the ratings scheme, which follows environmental health checks by North Lincolnshire Council into all p
A CALL has been made for a 'taxi queuing system' to be put into place across the whole of Scunthorpe, following its success at the town's train station. The suggestion has been made by the chairman of the Scunthorpe and District Taxi Association and foll
The number of crimes in North Lincolnshire decreased in August, according to the latest figures. Data released on the police.uk website shows a total of 1,379 crimes were reported in the area during the month - the latest for which data is available. The
A SCHOOL in Doncaster Road - attended by famous faces such as the actress Dame Joan Plowright and former England football manager Graham Taylor - has changed a lot over the years. Now the St Lawrence Academy, last year the building - which opened as Scun
AN ACCOMPLISHED Scunthorpe dancer has spoken out to encourage other young people in the area to take up dancing. Alex Whyatt, 26, has done ballroom and Latin dancing since childhood, competing at both British and international championships. His goal is
- 23:11 Dad of murdered Spalding schoolgirl Katie Edwards 'can't wait to...
- 23:07 Man charged with murder over body discovered in lay-by
- 23:07 Jose Mourinho fearing worst over Eric Bailly knee injury
- 23:07 BREAKING: Horror as tour bus smashes into lorry killing 13 people
- 23:06 Man charged with murder over body discovered in lay-by
- 23:04 New homes destroyed as blaze rips through Renfrewshire building site
- 23:04 Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce has this message for Blues fans ahead...
- 23:04 Venezuela congress presses for Maduro trial in rowdy session
- 23:03 Maro Itoje could miss England's autumn Tests after suffering a...
- 23:03 Arsene Wenger relaxed ahead of Arsenal AGM as team's impressive...
- 23:03 Philippe Coutinho leads in samba style as Liverpool's Premier...
- 23:03 Jack Wilshere says his 'power is coming back' as midfielder insists...
- 23:03 Winston Reid changes the script to leave Slaven Bilic beaming
- 23:00 EXCLUSIVE: David Moyes could face FA punishment after referee rant
- 23:00 Pep Guardiola locked players in dressing room following Man City's...
- 22:56 Stoke's Xherdan Shaqiri insists 'I watch my really beautiful goals...
- 22:56 Cameroon President vows probe after rail crash kills at least 75
- 22:53 Relley C has no regrets about comeback after second X Factor...
- 22:53 Campaigners condemn Poldark 'rape scene'
- 22:51 'Lang may yer lum reek' - Oliver Burke gets Scottish salute from...
- 22:51 Jose Mourinho claims Antonio Conte tried to humiliate him after...
- 22:48 Cal Crutchlow becomes first Brit to win Moto GP race in Australia
- 22:48 'You're getting a doin': Watch as vicious scrap breaks out between...
- 22:47 Jose Mourinho must change to suit the traditions of Manchester United
- 22:47 Lester Piggott aiming for Classic glory again... as an owner of Rivet
- 22:47 Former British Cycling technical director Shane Sutton says he is...
- 22:47 TOP SPIN AT THE TEST: Moeen Ali misses out on review bonanza after...
- 22:41 Teenager arrested in connection with attempted rape and sexual assault
- 22:40 Birmingham City: Gary Rowett has this message for his players
- 22:39 JEREMY CROSS COLUMN: Guardiola driving Aguero out of City, keep...