News from Scarborough Evening News
Johnny Nelson is a big guy. The 6ft 3ins former boxer ruled as world champion from 1999-2005. These days, he shares his knowledge of the ring as a pundit on Sky TV boxing shows. But the Sheffield fight expert - who turned 50 years old last month - shared
Mysterious radioactive cloud moves towards UK as plane which tackled Chernobyl called in to find source
A US Air Force plane which helped in the aftermath of the Chernobyl disaster has been called in to find the source of a mysterious radioactive cloud heading towards the UK. The WC-135 Constant Phoenix, which is specially modified to collect atmospheric s
Scarborough Council’s path to demolishing the Futurist appears to have been cleared. An immunity from listing bid from the authority to stop the building from getting protection under listed building status could be approved as soon as next month. Theatr
These crocuses at Ayton Bridge made for a colourful walk for reader Julia West, who snapped these photos featured in our slideshow. We’d love to see your east coast photos - email them to email@example.com
The Coastguard has issued a warning after "alarming" pictures of people 'wave dodging' emerged. Storm Doris has brought with it severe waves, with heavy seas lapping onto the road and path at Scarborough's North Bay. But this hasn't stopped...
A civic reception has been held to honour Scarborough and Whitby’s Street Angels. Police inspector Graeme Kynman and Jo Ireland from Scarborough Council thanked the Street Angels, and Mayor Cllr Simon Green welcomed eight new recruits and their leaders P
These were the dramatic scenes on Scarborough seafront this afternoon as Storm Doris hit. Much of Yorkshire was in the eye of the storm, with warnings of travel disruption, damage to buildings and flying debris across the county. High winds of an estimat
SCARBOROUGH FRI 24 02.30am 14.50pm 5.1(m) SAT 25 03.15am 15.30pm 5.4(m) SUN 26 03.55am 16.05pm 5.7(m) MON 27 04.30am 16.45pm 5.9(m) TUE 28 05.10am 17.20pm 6.0(m) WED 01 05.50am 18.00pm 6.0(m) THU 02 06.30am 18.40pm 5.9(m) FRI 03 07.15am 19.30pm 5.7(m)
A driver has died from his injuries after being involved in a crash on the North Yorkshire coast. Police said the 84-year-old man had been taken to hospital with abdominal injuries last week and died a few days later. The man was the driver of a black Pe
A man has appeared at York Crown Court charged with wounding following an incident at a Scarborough pub in which a 26-year-old man was injured. Lee Hamilton, 28, of Pavilion Square, Scarborough, did not enter a plea to the charge when he appeared at Crow
In a horrific accident, a romantic break to the seaside turned to tragedy when a 36-year-old man was found dead near his hotel, an inquest heard. Ralph Leyland, from Haydock, Merseyside, had visited Scarborough with his girlfriend for the weekend in Augu
A former George Pindar School and Scarborough Sixth Form College student is planning to climb the highest mountain in Africa. Matthew Beck, formerly of Seamer Road, will be tackling Mount Kilimanjaro in aid of an international charity. He is now looking
A talent agency which provides extras for blockbuster films is holding auditions in Leeds. 2020 Casting have supplied supporting artists to Hollywood hits such as Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, World War Z, X-Men: First Class, Gladiator, Shakespeare in
Residents living in Scarborough town centre could soon find themselves having to pay a bit more in council tax under plans from the borough authority. Scarborough Council’s cabinet is to explore the option of creating a parish council for the town centr
VIDEO: Solar system with seven Earth-like planets found around nearby star – here’s what they could be like
There have been many discoveries of potentially habitable planets orbiting stars other than our own over the last few years. Now things are getting even more exciting. Scientists have documented a star surrounded by no fewer than seven Earth-like planets
- 13:07 University is on top of the world
- 13:07 13 of the most dramatic photos from Storm Doris in Nottingham
- 13:07 Chaos as ambulances forced to divert away from Chorley A&E at night
- 13:07 Prosecco pancakes? Yes, they are a thing and here's how to make them
- 13:07 Appeal after theft of medication from car in Lancaster
- 13:07 Manchester United handed nightmare draw against Rostov in Europa...
- 13:07 Yoga in kilts is a cheeky success
- 13:06 Garden village plans spark interest from housing groups
- 13:06 Vietnamese goalkeeper who protested dodgy penalty by letting...
- 13:05 England v Italy in Six Nations 2017 - Kick-off time, teams and TV...
- 13:04 Landmark first for university department
- 13:04 Health kicks on offer at new Preston cafe
- 13:04 Samsung Display gets license to invest $2.5 billion more in...
- 13:03 Cloudflare bug data leak exposed
- 13:03 “Holy cr*p, people are stupid:” Walking Dead actor blasts minister...
- 13:03 Man jailed after Lapworth burglaries
- 13:03 Dad and unborn baby daughter to be buried together after...
- 13:02 Storm Doris: Your pictures reveal aftermath of 75mph winds that...
- 13:02 Police have sex while hearing of a robbery alert on cop radio in...
- 13:01 Long-suffering teen to finally receive life-saving kidney drug
- 13:01 Aide plays down reports Italy's Renzi wants June elections
- 13:01 Vienna court decides against detaining Ukrainian businessman Firtash
- 13:01 Students visit East Riding Apprenticeship Pathways event
- 13:01 How do you have yours? 12 ways to have pancakes this Shrove Tuesday
- 13:01 Vulcan bomber owners pledge aircraft's future to Doncaster - after...
- 13:01 Portugal could exit excessive deficit in spring - EU's Dombrovskis
- 13:00 EastEnders viewers crack up as Dot Branning accidentally looks up...
- 13:00 Chicken-lovers suspicious of KFC's 'clean-eating' burger made with...
- 12:59 Arsenal ready to battle Chelsea with approach for Monaco’s...
- 12:59 Bird flu confirmed near Cumbria