News from Scarborough Evening News
A man remains on police bail after an incident which led to a 46-year-old man being taken to hospital with head injuries. Police were called at 8.28am on Thursday January 19 to reports of a man having been assaulted on West Road, Filey. A 46-year-old man
Yorkshire Coast Homes has secured nearly £100,000 of funding to help people in Scarborough who are furthest away from employment to get back into work. The funding is part of the Action Towards Inclusion project, which has secured £7.4 million to be spen
A TV company is looking for local families to take part in a new series which charts the British diet down the decades. BBC Two's Back in Time for Tea is the follow-up to the Bafta-nominated Back in Time for Dinner, which followed a family as they ate po
Leeds Bradford Airport will increase its service to New York this year after announcing seven charter flights. A deal has been agreed with airline Jet2 to offer the winter trips on special dates as part of all-inclusive packages. There will be three Than
A Labour MP has been appointed an archaic title covering the modern day areas of Peasholm Park and Scarborough Open Air Theatre so he can officially step down from Parliament. Labour MP Jamie Reed has today been appointed Steward of the Manor of Northste
Music fans are invited to a fundraiser in aid of The Rainbow Centre and S.N.U.G. Appeal on Thursday February 9. The event, organised by musician Mark Gordon, will take place at L’Amour Cabaret Bar, Westborough, from 7pm until late. Entry £6 on the door.
Craig David has announced he will play Dalby Forest this summer. From a UK garage pioneer to a mainstream multi-million seller, Craig David became one of the UK music scene’s most successful male solo artists since the 2000 release of his critically-accl
A bell ringing team at a church in the Scarborough area is appealing for new members. New members are wanted to bolster the team at St Laurence’s Church in Scalby. If you live in England you will never be far away from the sound of church bells. There ar
A 24-year-old woman appeared at York Crown Court yesterday charged with causing the death of a 23-year-old motorcyclist from Scarborough. Nicole Sedgwick of Staxton, Scarborough pleaded guilty to driving without due care and attention and causing the dea
The Scarborough News and the borough mayor are urging people to nominate for a new awards ceremony for the area’s young people. The Scarborough News and the borough mayor are urging people to nominate for a new awards ceremony for the area’s young peopl
SCARBOROUGH FRI 20 14.20am 16.45pm 5.9(m) SAT 21 10.35am 23.10pm 4.5(m) SUN 22 11.40am ******* ***** MON 23 00.20am 12.45pm 4.6(m) TUE 24 01.25am 13.45pm 4.8(m) WED 25 02.15am 14.35pm 5.0(m) THU 26 03.00am 15.15pm 5.2(m) FRI 27 03.45am 15.55pm 5.4(m)
Firefighters in Scarborough were sent home this week after refusing to work on a new Tactical Response Vehicle (TRV). Union members in Scarborough are currently undertaking industrial action over the loss of an engine. Nigel Hutchinson, chief fire office
A group of students at Scarborough School of Arts recently had a brush with a horror movie when they were asked to help design scenes and provide props for the British production. Christine Savage, Ruth Smith, Atlanta Torr, Nicole Smith, Angela Howard, A
Scarborough women are being encouraged to kick-start their New Year by signing up to Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life. January is a great time to embark upon a new challenge and the charity is urging women of all ages, shapes and sizes to enter Race fo
The Education Secretary said colleges like Scarborough UTC are key to achieving a brighter and better future for young people. Justine Greening officially opened the campus today (Thursday January 19), before taking a tour of its facilities. She unveiled
- 07:12 South Yorkshire Police issued with night vision cameras to catch...
- 07:11 Aston Villa transfers: Medical staff member teases signing...
- 07:11 Liverpool FC transfer rumours: Midfielder targeted, Daniel...
- 07:11 Labour candidate calls on Prime Minister to visit hospital
- 07:11 Police concerned for the welfare of missing north Cumbrian woman
- 07:11 Plans to develop historic Carlisle site welcomed
- 07:11 Ripley delighted as Northants sign England Under 19 skipper on loan
- 07:11 Stan Wawrinka sees off Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in straight sets to...
- 07:09 Teaching 'weakest aspect' of education in Wales - Estyn
- 07:09 Top execs of Abu Dhabi's Etihad airline group to quit amid strategy...
- 07:08 Chester man's depraved killer must spend the rest of his life...
- 07:08 Tottenham key men reveal all on Man United transfer rumours: This...
- 07:08 Liverpool legend: Jurgen Klopp must make this tactical change at...
- 07:08 Talksport presenter: I heard this Man United transfer will happen
- 07:07 Woman survives chip pan blaze in Sheffield
- 07:07 Virgil van Dijk injury update: Southampton boss admits star man...
- 07:07 South Yorkshire Police search for missing man
- 07:07 Yellow warning for fog in Derby as Met Office cautions driving...
- 07:07 Breaking news: Burst water main on busy Derby road
- 07:05 Campaign to attract more teachers to Northamptonshire
- 07:04 Man United Transfer News: Chelsea to gazump £38m deal, winger...
- 07:02 Why much loved tree could be set for reprieve after all
- 06:58 Live: Breaking news from Liverpool and Merseyside Tuesday January 24
- 06:58 Stan Wawrinka storms into Australian Open semi-finals after fiery...
- 06:57 Edgar House in Chester named Europe's most romantic hotel
- 06:55 Transfer News: Hart to Chelsea, Man Utd deal sanctioned, shock...
- 06:54 Horse riders say they’re dicing with death because of speeding drivers
- 06:54 Union claims South Tyneside schools face £4million-plus funding...
- 06:54 Motorists react with anger to advertising sign
- 06:53 Council planning notices