News from Scarborough Evening News
A woman who took an injured seagull under her wing and took it for a walk on a dog lead ended up killing the poor creature. Bird-brained Anna Marie Marshall, 44, found the herring gull in Scarborough and caught a bus to York with it. After alighting from
Tributes have been paid to a “kind, intelligent and loving” teenager following her sudden death while on holiday in North Yorkshire. Ella Batters, 18, from York, was staying with friends at Moor View Holiday Cottages, near Pickering, when she died sudden
A Yorkshire man is wanted by Interpol as one of the most wanted alleged criminals in the world. Phillip Anthony Smith, aged 46, is wanted by police in the Philippines on suspicion of qualified theft. A photo of the man, born in Hull, has been released by
A cyclist who died in a collision in Bridlington has been named by police as 18-year-old Lewis Booth. Mr Booth, who was from Nafferton, was involved in the collision with a car on the A614 at Bessingby Gate on Sunday evening and died in hospital yesterda
A body has been found following a fire at a converted property near Kirkbymoorside. North Yorkshire Police were called by the fire service at 11.30pm on Sunday July 16, who were in attendance at a fire near Marton, Kirkbymoorside. Officers attended the s
A girls’ group in the Scarborough area is embarking on a fundraising campaign as members mark a major milestone. The Wreyfield Girls Group, which meets every week at Wreyfield Drive church, is celebrating its 30th anniversary. This Saturday (22 July), me
Yorkshire weather: Met Office issues warning as thunderstorms are expected to hit Tuesday and Wednesday
Thunderstorms and potential flooding have been forecast to hit Yorkshire on Wednesday, prompting weather warnings from the Met Office. Here is our latest weather package from the Met Office, Sky News and the BBC.
The Keep Filey Tidy (KFT) group has just celebrated its second anniversary. KFT was started by two ladies who tackled litter with just carrier bags and latex gloves. After a series of meetings the group was expanded and fundraising activities were held t
The following people have been dealt with at Scarborough Magistrates’ Court (addresses Scarborough unless stated): Rachael Burgess, 41, of Scalby Road: Ordered to pay a £40 fine, £30 surcharge amd £50 costs for using threatening behaviour. Liam Hirstle,
nearly 80 parks and green spaces in the region have been recognised as among some of the best in the country. Green Flag Awards have gone to 79 sites - ranging from Sheffield’s Winter Gardens, one of only two indoor award winners in the country, to two U
Scarborough Athletic's chairman has warned fans that they will be banned from matches if they are caught urinating in residents' gardens. Trevor Bull issued a statement following Saturday's return to Scarborough saying that a few fans had let the club do
Scarborugh's newest AquaPark - a ‘Total Wipeout’ inflatable obstacle course - opens to the public tomorrow, at Wykeham Lakes. Adults and children from various Scarborough based organisations were on hand today to make a splash and test out the new AquaPa
The Scarborough News is backing calls for the government to tackle congestion and fatalities on the A64. In the past 12 months, 10 people have died on the main link road between the town and York – with recently confirming the name of a couple who were k
Football finally came home on Saturday when the doors at Scarborough Athletic's new Flamingo Land Stadium base were flung open. More than 2,000 people watched Scarborough lose 4-1 to Sheffield United's Under 23s but the score was the farthest thing from
A TEENAGE cyclist was airlifted to hospital after suffering serious head injuries in a collision with a car in Bridlington. The 18-year-old was cycling on the A614 when the collision with a blue Citroen Berlingo happened at the junction with Bessingby Ga
- 09:49 EE can deliver a real cliffhanger movie through new 4G
- 09:49 Woman suffers serious back injury after horse horror fall
- 09:44 Tottenham quickly into their stride as Tashan Oakley-Boothe makes...
- 09:44 Spectacular display of vintage and classic cars and motorbikes
- 09:40 Manchester City confirm fifth summer signing as right-back Danilo...
- 09:40 Chelsea winger Pedro to return home from club's tour of Asia after...
- 09:39 Chelsea transfer news LIVE updates: Llorente on cards, Conte wants...
- 09:38 New Birmingham Airport flights to Europe launched by Vueling
- 09:38 Diana, Our Mother: Her Life and Legacy on ITV - What time is it on?...
- 09:33 Fancy getting involved in a Denbighshire film?
- 09:31 You need to delete your old Myspace account right now - and this is...
- 09:26 Ellesmere Port fundraisers taking part in Liverpool culture crawl
- 09:25 Fukushima disaster: Robot finds possible melted nuclear fuel
- 09:25 Trump Russia: US Congress reach deal on fresh sanctions
- 09:24 Stratford Hospital ready for its first patients
- 09:22 JEFF PRESTRIDGE: And here is the news... leave pensions alone
- 09:22 Britain's new boom towns! How investors are bidding tens of...
- 09:22 The grit behind the glamour! Ray Massey is one of the first to test...
- 09:21 Ambulance took "more than an hour" to arrive after elderly woman...
- 09:19 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 09:17 Marc Roberts, David Stockdale and Cheikh Ndoye: Here's how...
- 09:17 Couple found dead in suspected 'suicide pact' at four-star...
- 09:17 Cumbrian town works to ensure river gravel is removed before winter
- 09:16 Woody is still looking for home after 6 months - watch this cute...
- 09:15 Man City confirm £26.5m signing of Real Madrid right-back Danilo
- 09:13 Manchester United player can become first-teamer vs Real Madrid
- 09:12 Schoolgirl ‘who ran off to join ISIS’ could face trial after being...
- 09:12 What to do if you’ve lost your passport while abroad
- 09:06 13 reasons why the seaside is the worst place for a holiday
- 09:04 Paper round-up: Conte's transfer warning, £100m Coutinho battle,...