News from Salford Advertiser
A social housing provider is set to remove cladding from three of its tower blocks in Salford. The move by Salix Homes comes after town hall bosses said they were planning to remove panelling from nine blocks managed for them by Pendleton Together, in th
Stuart Potts is sitting on a sofa by the banks of the Bridgewater Canal in Eccles. Abba is blaring from his stereo. Against his leg is propped a fishing rod, he’s fired up a barbecue and drinks from a bottle of water. His friend ‘Russian John’ sits by hi
Work on removing cladding from nine Salford tower blocks has started as town hall bosses revealed that it will cost millions of pounds. Each of the high rise buildings in Pendleton has cladding containing aluminium composite material. Similar cladding wa
A historic Salford church which was ravaged by a huge fire will ‘live again’ after a huge restoration. Architects Buttress have been appointed to take on the rebuilding of the Grade II listed Church of Ascension in Lower Broughton , which dates back to 1
A young woman was grabbed and dragged into an alleyway in what police have called a ‘truly shocking incident’. The male attacker followed the 18-year-old over the swing bridge on Barton Road in Peel Green, Eccles , before briefly disappearing under a can
Cladding is to be removed from NINE tower blocks in Salford after the Grenfell Tower fire, the M.E.N understands. Each of the high-rise buildings in Pendleton has cladding containing aluminium composite material. Similar cladding was used in Grenfell Tow
A company supplying television to hospital patients has been criticised for refusing to offer it free to those injured in the Manchester Arena attack. Hospedia, the private firm behind the bedside TV and phone system, was contacted by a member of staff a
A 20-year-old woman has been arrested after a teenager died following a street fight in Salford. A murder probe has been launched after Karl Harrison was stabbed during an ‘altercation’ outside a home on Bradley Avenue in Lower Kersal on Monday evening.
Murder investigation launched after man dies of stab wounds to legs following 'altercation' outside house...
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a man stabbed in a street fight in Salford. The man’s legs were slashed during an ‘altercation’ in Lower Kersal on Monday evening. Detectives believe there was a disturbance outside a house
A woman has been found dead in a park in Salford. Police were called to reports of a body being found in Buile Hill Park in Seedley this morning (Tuesday). Officers at the scene, on Eccles Old Road, discovered the body of a woman believed to be aged in h
Extraordinary mobile phone footage shows furniture being flung from the eleventh floor window of a luxury quayside flat. Items, including a mattress and a chest of drawers, can be seen plummeting 110ft to the street below before shattering across the roa
The gangster 'who ordered Paul Massey shooting' and the handshake in Dubai that could end a deadly feud
The gangster believed to have ordered the assassination of Salford ‘Mr Big’ Paul Massey has shaken hands with one of his rivals following ‘peace talks’ in Dubai, it is believed. He fled to Spain after Mr Massey, 55, was shot five times with a sub-machine
Staff at an Asda store in Salford were left terrified when armed men burst in demanding money. Police were called at 11.18pm on Friday to the supermarket on Great Cheetham Street East, Higher Broughton after three men, who were reportedly carrying knives
A officer and a manager at Forest Bank prison in Salford have been arrested by police as part of a theft investigation. Both men have been suspended from the prison pending the outcome of the Greater Manchester Police probe. The M.E.N. understands the in
- 16:51 North Shields loan shark ordered to pay back her ill-gotten gains
- 16:51 Watch Coventry City documentary preview here - and find out how to...
- 16:51 Concern for missing 14-year-old girl last seen at Coventry's Arena...
- 16:50 People travelling to Warwick Hospital advised to allow extra time...
- 16:50 Moorside is 'enormous opportunity' says nuclear expert
- 16:49 MURDER TRIAL: Elderly shopkeeper struck over head while she was...
- 16:49 Solihull Moors dispute 'administration error' claim in former...
- 16:49 Wolves vs Birmingham City: Blues' derby day trip to Molineux...
- 16:49 Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham welcome first baby:...
- 16:48 Stop food-shaming in the office
- 16:46 MURDER TRIAL: Elderly shopkeeper struck over head while she was...
- 16:45 Two dogs die after being walked in Knighton Park in Leicester
- 16:45 Blind veteran to tackle 100km charity challenge
- 16:45 Moorside is 'enormous opportunity' says nuclear expert
- 16:45 Done Deal: Ryan Sessegnon signs contract at Fulham, opts against...
- 16:44 Brutal Love Island game 'ends in split' for one of show's favourite...
- 16:44 Paolo Nutini found not guilty of drink-driving
- 16:44 Police warn explosions may be heard near Wakefield flat where...
- 16:44 Gosberton Summer Fair brings village together
- 16:43 Police warn explosions may be heard near Wakefield flat where...
- 16:43 Lucky escape for M1 driver after metal object comes through windscreen
- 16:43 Transfers: Wolves set to beat Celtic to full-back signing
- 16:43 How Aston Villa could look with John Terry
- 16:43 Japanese airline forces disabled man to crawl aboard
- 16:42 Talking point: Burton Albion are getting summer business done early
- 16:42 Free shows for Elvis fans left All Shook Up by cancellation
- 16:41 Reveller caught in nightclub with knife sticking out of trousers
- 16:41 Love Island's Olivia Buckland shows off her tattooed curves in racy...
- 16:41 Because she wants to! Billie Piper goes barefoot for a stroll on...
- 16:41 BREAKING NEWS: Contractor falls up to 30 metres from crane at...