News from Salford Advertiser
Police are continuing to search for the owner of a bag which was left on a bus sparking a massive security alert in Salford the wake of the London terror attack. The bag was left behind on a First bus service as it travelled along Bury Old Road, in Salfo
The death of a man whose body found was found in a burning flat in Swinton is being treated as suspicious. Emergency services were called to reports of a fire at a block of flats on Berry Street in Clifton at around 12:35pm in the early hours of Tuesday.
The homeless in Salford are to get expert help - from those that have lived on the streets themselves. A new commission is to use the experience of those who have been homeless to work with the council and other organisations to identify what is required
Cosmetic surgery boss avoids driving ban because 'she didn't know vodka was in breakfast orange juice'
A businesswoman has escaped a road ban after telling court she drank orange juice for breakfast - not realising it contained vodka. Cosmetic surgery boss Michelle Butterworth, 37, was getting ready for work the morning after a farewell party to mark her
Passengers and MPs, including Greater Manchester Mayor front runner Andy Burnham, have slammed bus service cuts across the region. A total of 20 services, many vital to commuters getting to work and patients travelling to hospital, are to be axed, reduce
It’s not exactly the Lost Gardens of Heligan - but this back alley in Salford has undergone an amazing transformation. Grafting for three days, a group of offenders on the Community Payback scheme have shifted four tonnes of rubbish to reveal a backstree
L S Lowry adored it. It sat for a decade on his mantelpiece. It is a picture which captured a slice of 1960s life in Salford - a dog fight. The oil painting was by Lowry’s friend, Harold Riley. Now it is to go up for auction at Christie’s in London with
Police investigating a spate of smart phone robberies have arrested two suspects after releasing footage of a ‘mannequin challenge’. Officers found the clip on a stolen phone and released the footage in the hope of identifying those involved in the film.
The two most senior managers of a private hospital have been sacked after a damning report by inspectors revealed anaesthetists were routinely leaving theatre to eat and even watch TV . The Care Quality Commission has branded Oaklands Hospital, which tre
A grandad who suffered a heart attack after swimming his 13th length of a pool has paid thanks to the leisure team that saved his life. Jack Carter was just a third of the way into his daily 40-length swim at Irlam and Cadishead Leisure Centre when he be
Two Greater Manchester rugby league club owners will step into the ring for a charity boxing match later this year - and the fighting talk has already started. Outspoken Salford Red Devils owner Marwan Koukash announced he's set for a bout with Leigh Cen
Alcoholic who kicked poppy wreath is jailed after breaching city centre ban day after it came into force
An alcoholic who kicked a poppy wreath off a war memorial has now been jailed for breaching a city centre ban just one day after it came into force. Simon Colley, 40, avoided an immediate prison term last Thursday after he was hauled into court for the ‘
A fugitive from Salford has been arrested in Benidorm after a chase which ended near a swimming pool Gareth Bryan Edwards, 25, had been on the run for nearly a year when he was collared at the Spanish resort. Greater Manchester Police appealed for the pu
- 20:03 Comic Relief 2017: Gary Barlow SHOCKED as James Corden makes jibe...
- 20:01 Hermes parcels sorted in makeshift Northampton car park depot
- 20:01 ‘Hero’ MP Tobias Ellwood appointed to Privy Council
- 20:01 Asos, Accessorise and New Look: The best romantic dresses
- 20:00 Hundreds of motorcyclists form guard of honour for funeral of young...
- 19:59 Birmingham City nostalgia: The Aliou Cisse story
- 19:59 See inside Birmingham's stylish new city centre restaurant
- 19:59 Aston Villa's Neil Taylor happy to be at a club 'everyone envies'
- 19:59 S&P 500 cuts losses as healthcare bill pulled
- 19:58 Sun to shine on Nottingham this weekend as temperatures hot up
- 19:58 Table top sale in Louth in aid of World Challenge
- 19:58 Win a pair of Stoke City season tickets for the Potters' 2017/18...
- 19:56 Sergi Roberto backs Barcelona to appoint Juan Carlos Unzue as manager
- 19:56 Goal machine speaks out about Man United: Forward is leaving...
- 19:53 Manchester City anti-doping breaches revealed: Club broke rules...
- 19:52 Speculators boost U.S. dollar bets for third straight week - CFTC,...
- 19:52 Vile sex beast who broke into South Yorkshire mum's home and raped...
- 19:51 Jordan Henderson says signing for Liverpool FC was a "surreal" moment
- 19:51 Donald Trump's US healthcare bill vote withdrawn
- 19:48 Robbie Savage: This Chelsea player has been a revelation this season
- 19:48 Snapped: Can you guess who attended England's training session...
- 19:47 Food startup Eatsa sued for not making kiosks accessible to blind
- 19:47 Uber tells U.S. court customers must arbitrate disputes
- 19:46 Teachers to strike at Rainhill High School next week
- 19:45 'Let's keep Leicestershire blue': Tories launch county council...
- 19:44 Deer spotted wandering in the road outside Wollaton Park
- 19:43 Vile sex beast who broke into South Yorkshire mum's home and raped...
- 19:42 Mum has 'lost everything' after devastating house fire in Dawnay...
- 19:41 Man United legend: Jose Mourinho needs to have this star at Old...
- 19:41 First look at new LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Manchester