News from Rutland Times
The parade by RAF Wittering through Stamford tomorrow (Thursday, May 25) has been “postponed”. Members from the base had been expected to parade through Stamford at lunchtime to exercise the freedom of the town which was initially granted in 1961. But to
A hustings event by political opponents contesting the Rutland and Melton seat has been cancelled after the terror attack in Manchester. The five General Election candidates were set to debate at All Saints’ Church, in Oakham, on Tuesday, May 23. They we
Stamford-based estate agent Savills has netted the former home of Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy. Cloughmore House in Melton Mowbray is now for sale through Savills for £1.25m. Designed and built in 1968 for a well-known Melton family, in recent year
Mythical beasts and Star Wars battles are among the cinematic treats this summer with the return of the giant screen to Burghley House in Stamford. One of the UK’s top outdoor cinemas is back from July 26 to 30, for five days and nights of movie magic, w
Crowds enjoyed good weather to ensure a village fete was one of the best yet. Lyddington Fete was held on the village green offering a host of attractions. There was fun and games for all ages during the day. Funds raised by the event will be given to St
Many people enjoy a pint of beer but for one man it has led to a 35-year obsession with brewery items. Richard Percival has spent over quarter of a century collecting brewery trays from around the country. He fell into the hobby by accident but he has si
A mum who escaped serious injury after her car’s tyre blew out and the vehicle rolled onto its roof has thanked passers-by and emergency services which came to her aid. Sam Harvey, 44, of Burley-on-the-Hill, was travelling to Market Deeping with her son,
Back for a second year following its highly successful launch in 2016, Aqua Park Rutland is gearing up to reopen - and will be bigger and better. Aqua Park at Rutland Water will more than double in size for 2017 and will ensure it’s the UK’s biggest wate
Oakham High Street traders are demanding that work to improve electricity supplies in the town is speeded up because they claim the work is “killing” their businesses. Work on the £400,000 electricity project began in February and as a result a one-way t
A talented pair of dressage riders from Market Overton will be flying the flag for the county in a national sports competition. Richard Wilson and Carolyn Shore, 46, will be heading to Sheffield in August to take part in the Special Olympics - the larges
People are being urged to show their support for the personnel at RAF Wittering when they parade through Stamford next week. Members from the base will be parading through Stamford town centre at lunchtime on Thursday, May 25, to exercise the freedom of
Voters in Rutland deciding on votes for General Election The snap General Election was announced several weeks ago by Prime Minister Theresa May who is fighting to maintain a “strong and stable” Tory Government as she prepares to enter Brexit negotiation
A woman and a 12-year-old boy were taken to hospital after their car rolled over last night. Police were called to the road between Ryhall and Great Casterton about 5.25pm after the crash involving a Volkswagen Polo. Fire and rescue crews from Stamford a
A group of fearless fund-raisers got down and dirty on Saturday to take on the Tough Mudder obstacle challenge for charity. The six colleagues from Openfield, a farming co-operative company based in Colsterworth, managed to raise just over £1,000 for the
About 50 horse riders joined the first Ride for Rutland event and it is hoped it will become an annual event. The For Rutland charity organised the event took place at Exton Park on Sunday. Around 50 riders joined the event and made the most of the 11 mi
- 12:47 Increase in armed police and military support at key locations and...
- 12:47 Put your house on the telly – Notts homeowners could earn an...
- 12:47 Manchester terror attack: Security stepped up at Doncaster...
- 12:47 World Champion DJ Mr Switch to join Symphonica orchestra for...
- 12:47 West Bridgford bar Fire & Ice to close - and The Botanist is set to...
- 12:46 Police 'confident' they know identities of all killed in Manchester...
- 12:45 Karate club raises cash for charity
- 12:45 CCTV appeal after 'mindless vandal' stole £200 plant in Whitby
- 12:44 Artist opens door to home gallery to showcase summer collection
- 12:43 Everton FC boss looking to add creativity to his ranks
- 12:43 Jason Manford deletes Twitter after attacks over tweets sent to...
- 12:43 Who is Mac Miller, Ariana Grande’s boyfriend?
- 12:42 Nell Jones, 14, confirmed dead after Manchester terror attack
- 12:42 Chelsea transfer news LIVE updates: Costa to China latest,...
- 12:42 US STOCKS-Futures little changed ahead of Fed minutes
- 12:42 Cannes: Toby Jones warns of Brexit impact on films
- 12:42 Soldiers on the street as military personnel take their positions
- 12:42 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger discusses emulating Sir Alex Ferguson...
- 12:42 British sports car maker Lotus bought by China's Geely
- 12:42 Nepal PM resigns ahead of final round of local elections
- 12:42 Kia Picanto customers can receive one-year FREE insurance in new deal
- 12:42 Manchester attack live updates: Girl, 8, killed | Police...
- 12:42 Finnish eurosceptic party should take bigger role in coalition,...
- 12:42 Friday to be hottest day of the year in Yorkshire - but will...
- 12:42 CCTV appeal after 'mindless vandal' stole £200 plant in Whitby
- 12:42 Coventry City takeover news greeted with "guarded optimism" by Sky...
- 12:42 Advice for parents following terror attack
- 12:42 Derby's Hollywood Bowl complex is 'so busy' that customers are...
- 12:42 Richard’s European road trip
- 12:42 North East rail passengers urged to check before travelling after...