News from Rugby Advertiser
A Cawston schoolboy who has dyslexia has raised £1,150 by taking part in a reading challenge. Nicholas Findlay, 11, completed a number of books over 33 days to help two schools. He has been supported with his Read and Raise fundraiser by his younger sist
Burglaries have taken place at addresses in three Rugby roads in recent days. On Wednesday at about 9.30pm, offenders broke into a home in Duncan Drive after kicking in the rear door. Once inside, they carried out a search before making off with several
It’s a chance to show there’s more to Coventry than the ring road – and Rugby’s MP is backing our near neighbour’s bid for cultural glory. The race to find the UK’s City of Culture 2021 was launched by Culture Minister Matt Hancock last week in Hull, whi
Police are warning dog owners to keep their animals under control in the countryside during lambing season after five pets were shot last week. Five dogs were shot by farmers for killing sheep and their unborn lambs in two separate incidents which took p
Brownsover Community School has been awarded the prestigious Food for Life Gold award for its healthy and climate-friendly food culture. It is the ultimate award that recognises schools which use practical learning experiences to reconnect young people t
Tesco has issued a notice recalling a popular ready meal The health risk was sparked after it was discovered that the sauce coating Tesco Takeaway Butter Chicken contained nuts, which were not mentioned on the packaging. This presents an obvious risk to
Most workers believe that performance reviews are a waste of time, a new study has found. Around two-thirds of employees, and managers, said that formal reviews were time-consuming and outdated, in a survey by software firm Adobe - who themselves have ab
Prezzo and Itsu restaurants plus pub chain Wetherspoons came bottom in a survey of sustainable seafood on offer at High Street eateries. A lack of information about the sources of seafood is one of the biggest barriers for diners trying to eat seafood su
Sitting for too long can age women by up to eight years, say scientists. A study found those who did little exercise and spent ten hours of the day in a chair had cells that were biologically much older. They had shorter telomeres - tiny caps found on th
While the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) has forecast that house prices in the UK will rise by around 3 per cent this year, a Times survey of leading economists has predicted that 2017 could be the year the London property bubble finally
Two men from Market Harborough arrested on Thursday in connection with the robbery of a van on a test drive during which a garage salesman was seriously injured, have been bailed by Warwickshire Police while investigations continue. But the two were then
Even tech-savvy Gmail users are falling victim to hackers who steal their login credentials, according to a security expert, who notes that increasingly sophisticated phishing techniques are being employed. How does it work? The hacker will first send yo
The ‘Cult of Busy’ has now infiltrated to our children as research shows primary school kids are ‘working’ – either in school or scheduled activities for up to 46 hours a week According to a new joint report issued last week by child psychologist Dr Sam
Over the next couple of weeks Dunchurch Pantomaniacs are presenting not only a new version of The Princess and the Pea but one which has been written by one of their ever-presents of the past 28 years, Sue Protheroe. Tickets are available from Wanda’s in
A fantastic line-up or rallying and racing legends have joined the 15th anniversary Super Show celebrations of Race Retro - and the Rugby Advertiser has five pairs of tickets to give away. The iternational historic motorsport show returns to Stoneleigh P
- 11:16 Handsworth bus murder: Police release description of knife killer
- 11:16 10 wedding trends that will be everywhere in 2017
- 11:16 It doesn’t look likely that McDonald’s will bring all-day breakfast...
- 11:15 Simply the best: The top 30 players in the Premier League confirmed...
- 11:14 Joel Matip update: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp finally ready to...
- 11:14 YouTuber becomes internet sensation as she promises sex show if she...
- 11:13 How did the filming of a music video end in tragedy?
- 11:13 Public invited to Lincs East CCG Meeting in Woodhall Spa this Thursday
- 11:13 People are genuinely concerned for Melania’s welfare following...
- 11:13 Why you shouldn’t secretly take a stranger’s photo and post it online
- 11:12 Will petrol prices in Derby keep on soaring?
- 11:12 Did you know you're living in a FOG CLOUD in Derby right now?
- 11:12 Social care gets £1m boost
- 11:12 Driving test changes due to affect Burton and South Derbyshire...
- 11:12 Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea in competition to sign...
- 11:12 Five stats that prove Alexis Sanchez is Arsenal's only hope of success
- 11:11 Ahenkorah set to miss next four Town games
- 11:11 Tesco accused of ripping off customers after toilet rolls appear to...
- 11:11 Transfer News: £26m Liverpool talks, striker’s Chelsea dream,...
- 11:11 Getting injected with a ‘romantic’ hormone could be the key to...
- 11:11 Jackson Irvine: Burton Albion top scorer dismisses transfer...
- 11:11 Morecambe boy airlifted to hospital after falling down stairs
- 11:10 Drink driver of 18-tonne HGV arrested near Wetherby after public...
- 11:09 Shkodran Mustafi explains how he knew Arsenal would beat Burnley –...
- 11:09 Senegal goalkeeper Khadim N’Diaye in last-minute bid for Oscar...
- 11:09 Arsenal absentee crisis: Game-by-game – the players missing for...
- 11:09 Opinion: Would ewe believe it?
- 11:09 Government loses Supreme Court Brexit battle
- 11:09 Man from Duns Tew joins international medical charity to help...
- 11:08 Youngsters hoping to blind judges with science