News from Rugby Advertiser
Hundreds of jobs could be lost at Warwickshire County Council as part of cuts which will affect some of the most vulnerable people across the area. The authority’s cabinet members are today (Thursday) voting on a new budget proposal to make savings from
New £5 notes engraved with Jane Austen worth £50,000 circulated in Willie Wonka-style ‘Golden Ticket’ giveaway
Brits are being urged to check their new fivers after engraved bank notes worth as much as £50,000 were circulated in a Willie Wonka-style ‘Golden Ticket’ giveaway. Tiny portraits of Jane Austen have been added to four of the new £5 notes by talented mic
A Rugby charity which supports people with cancer has been given a £1,000 grant. The money has been given to the Hummingbird Centre by the Heart of England Community Foundation as part of a slice of £136,190 given to groups and organisations in the Midla
Staff at Connells in Rugby walked away with gold at the prestigious Estate Agency of the Year Awards. At a gala ceremony at the Hilton London Metropole Hotel, Connells picked up Gold in the National Estate Agency of the Year category as part of parent co
New statistics released by a charity show that Rugby has the fifth-highest number of homeless people in the entire West Midlands. Homelessness charity Shelter published a report last Thursday showing what it called the ‘shocking true scale’ of homelessne
A park in Rugby has been crowned the most improved Fields in Trust site across whole of the UK. Centenary Park, which is located on Parkfield Road, was shortlisted for the title alongside the King George V Playing Field in Barford, near Warwick. Work on
Warwickshire Police have launched a campaign to reduce vehicle crime after recording a significant rise across the county. Between September 30 and November 2 there were 535 recorded incidents of theft of motor vehicles, theft from motor vehicles and veh
No hospitals across Coventry and Warwickshire will close and maternity and A&E services will remain in Rugby as part of plans to shape the future of health services across these areas. These are the words of Professor Andy Hardy - the man leading...
Police in Warwickshire will be wearing body-worn cameras as of next year. The new equipment comes as part of the Warwickshire Police and Crime Commissioner Philip Seccombe’s new police and crime plan to invest in technology modernisation. Police in Warwi
Dunchurch Festival Group has had a record year and donated £8,839 to village projects. The presentation took place in Dunchurch on Saturday. Michael Judge, who is on Dunchurch Festival Group committee, said: “This was a real bumper year for the group and
Being happy, healthy and having well-behaved children are the true signs of success - far ahead of being rich, according to new research. Although wealth is often regarded as the sign you have made it, seven in 10 UK adults reckon being content is the tr
Students from Warwickshire College visited a care home in Rugby for a hair-raising stunt. They helped raise awareness of testicular cancer by shaving off moustaches grown by staff at Overslade House. Overslade House activities co-ordinator Jo Sawyer said
Newbold’s Centenary Park has won a Bees’ Needs Award. The national award recognises parks and green spaces which have pollinator-friendly environments to support the needs of bees and any other pollinating insects. Centenary Park was created on the forme
Miss Rugby stars in a charity music video for an internationally distributed Christmas single called “Our World”. Chloe Mann, who was a finalist in this year’s Miss England, is featured with fellow finalist Reho Parnell. The music video for the track was
A Rugby school’s new £1.4 million sports hall looks set to open earlier than anticipated. Rugby High School, which has more than 800 pupils, celebrated gaining the large sum of government funding for their new sports hall in March. Before the school was
- 02:00 3M to sell identity management business to Gemalto
- 01:50 JAPAN'S NIKKEI SHARE AVERAGE RISES TO HIGHEST SINCE DECEMBER 2015
- 01:50 Rush-hour shooting on Kilburn High Road leaves one dead
- 01:42 Two-thirds 'back more police getting Tasers'
- 01:41 Ian Cathro ticks all the right boxes for Rangers counterpart Mark...
- 01:41 EFL Q&A: Lawrie Wilson on his special days at Wembley and Old...
- 01:37 Conor McGregor's character in Game of Thrones REVEALED
- 01:32 Korean president Park Geun-hye faces impeachment vote
- 01:30 Japan doubles Fukushima disaster-related cost to $188 billion
- 01:27 Doctors perform surgery on fetus in the womb at 32 weeks after...
- 01:25 Damien Chazelle on La La Land's 'challenging' opening
- 01:23 Yemen conflict: What Saudis seek to achieve in messy war?
- 01:14 Arsenal fan says ‘overrated’ Mesut Ozil ‘can leave tomorrow’ as...
- 01:10 Chris Eubank Jnr heading back home to the UK after three months in...
- 01:10 Casino stocks fall after report of ATM cash withdrawal limit in Macau
- 01:10 Asian shares flat but on track for weekly gains
- 01:06 Children of 'just managing families left out by grammars'
- 00:58 New blood test could aid spotting early signs of lung cancer
- 00:55 Ultra runner tops 100-mile mark in 24-hour challenge
- 00:55 Self-harm hospital admissions of children show 'frightening rise'
- 00:55 Ajax's Europa League tie at Standard Liege marred by crowd trouble...
- 00:55 Charlie Austin to miss Southampton game against Middlesbrough,...
- 00:53 See inside Apple's spaceship: Leaked images reveal floor-to-ceiling...
- 00:43 Trump picks Andrew Puzder to lead US Department of Labor
- 00:43 Boys three times more likely to have science toys than girls
- 00:41 U.N. urges Myanmar's Suu Kyi to visit country's divided northwest
- 00:37 Cyber threat underestimated despite risks as high as burglary,...
- 00:37 Youth arrested in double murder probe after death of man and teenager
- 00:37 Lung cancer test may show signs of disease up to five years...
- 00:37 Social media helping fuel nation of 'deeply unhappy' children,...