News from Rugby Advertiser
A child was taken to hospital with serious injuries after a car collided with a hedge near Wolvey this afternoon (Thursday, June 22). Police, an ambulance and the Northampton and Warwickshire Air Ambulance was called to the B4114 Smockington Lane shortly
Rugby town centre has been hit by a power cut this morning (Thursday June 22). Western Power Distribution is reporting 74 properties with postcodes starting ‘CV21 2’ are affected by the cut, which happened at around 9.25am. They estimate power will be re
A survey has revealed that adults in Warwickshire have lost nearly £9 million due to cyber crime. On Wednesday, June 21, Warwickshire County Council and the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner launched their report into the findings of a second c
A successful dementia care home in Rugby will be closing, leaving residents and their families devastated. Cherry Trees care home residents and staff will have to relocate to sister homes after its owners, Pinnacle Care, took the decision to shut it down
Rugby Philharmonic Choir will perform two special concerts to mark their 150th anniversary celebrations. The choir has been filling the town with the sound of music since 1867. Furnished with an eclectic repertoire and a chorus of more than 90 voices, th
A Harborough man accused of attempted murder after allegedly running over a Rugby car salesman has denied the charge. John Tuff, 36, of Symington Way, Market Harborough, pleaded not guilty at Warwick Crown Court to the attempted murder of salesman David
The plan for where up to 15,000 houses will be placed in Rugby borough was taken to the next stage as the Local Plan was approved tonight (Wednesday, June 21), including the controversial Lodge Farm proposal. The Benn Hall was filled with many angry resi
Rugby borough councillors approved the Local Plan in a hotly debated meeting this evening (Wednesday, June 21). The decision will shape development in our borough for the next 24 years, so today is a big day. Follow our live coverage of the meeting at th
Hundreds of people enjoyed the first carnival in Rugby in more than 10 years on Saturday (June 17). Gymnasts to martial artists put on spectacular displays in the Clock Towers Shopping Centre before continuing the fun in glorious sunshine at Caldecott Pa
Burglars stole numerous valuables in an early morning break-in at a home in Hillmorton before bank cards were used a nearby petrol station, according to police. Offenders reportedly climbed into a home in Gainsborough Crescent through an insecure conserv
Seven people were injured after a crash between a lorry and a minibus on the M6 yesterday evening (Tuesday, June 20). A 37-year-old man was airlifted to hospital with a suspected fractured leg while six other men suffered various injuries in the crash sh
Travellers are facing court proceedings as the council aims to evict them after setting up a ‘camp’ at a park in Rugby last night (Tuesday, June 20). Caravans arrived at Criss-Cross Park in Brownsover yesterday evening. Rugby Borough Council staff spoke
A father from Rugby thanked everyone who helped him complete an ‘emotional’ 2,000-mile running challenge for charity on Sunday (June 18). Jonathan Taylor hit his target of running 2,166 miles by Father's Day, which he started in September last year. The
Young adults are twice as likely to suffer from hay fever as those aged over 54, according to new research. The study showed that almost half of those those aged 16 to 24 (48 per cent) have experienced a seasonal allergy, such as hay fever or an allergy
Brits could be banned from all-inclusive holidays - unless they stop making fake ‘food-poisoning’ claims
Brits could be banned from going on all-inclusive holidays abroad unless they stop making fake food poisoning claims, tour operators have warned. Travel bosses have been left ‘embarrassed’ by the huge spike in reports of holiday sickness - described as a
- 04:34 Conor McGregor could land another world title if he beats Floyd...
- 04:34 UFC News: White's bold Mayweather v McGregor claim, Bisping talks,...
- 04:16 Nikkei flat as dollar/yen steadies, on track for gains this week
- 04:06 North Korea conducts rocket engine test as ‘part of ICBM...
- 04:06 Bloating cure? THIS prebiotic food is key to healthy gut and flat...
- 04:01 Peru's president eyes pardon for Fujimori after political blow
- 03:46 Revealed: West Yorkshire Chief Constable’s £19,000 travel costs...
- 03:43 Asian shares flat, still on track for winning week
- 03:43 Handgun found in hedges next to Dewsbury primary school
- 03:40 Fatal floods in Hull and Sheffield remembered 10 years on
- 03:38 Revealed: West Yorkshire Chief Constable’s £19,000 travel costs...
- 03:37 Ahmad Zeidan left to rot in UAE prison, claims family
- 03:37 Police funding: Cuts 'threaten ability to tackle mass riots'
- 03:35 Choi Soon-sil : South Korean ex-president's friend jailed
- 03:35 Revealed: West Yorkshire Chief Constable’s £19,000 travel costs...
- 03:32 Revealed: West Yorkshire Chief Constable’s £19,000 travel costs...
- 03:28 North Korea tests rocket engine, possibly for ICBM - U.S. officials
- 03:28 Saints duo snubbed for Lions' first Test
- 03:22 Two Bali jail fugitives captured in East Timor
- 03:15 Handgun found in hedges next to Dewsbury primary school
- 03:08 Revealed: West Yorkshire Chief Constable’s £19,000 travel costs...
- 02:55 Buddy Stephens and Brittany Wagner are back in first trailer for...
- 02:53 Revealed: West Yorkshire Chief Constable’s £19,000 travel costs...
- 02:53 Mexico president calls for probe into alleged government spying
- 02:53 Police appeal to trace wanted suspected sex offender from Wakefield
- 02:53 ‘Total bedlam’ - visitors slammed for blighting Gaddings Dam beauty...
- 02:42 U.S. set to approve India's purchase of drones before Modi visit
- 02:40 Danger map reveals health threat zone
- 02:30 Emmerdale: Leyla Harding sends fans WILD in extremely naughty...
- 02:25 Mexican president denies spying on journalists, lawyers and activists