News from Rugby Advertiser
Warwickshire Police are advising people to have a safe Halloween this year, With the spooky holiday approaching fast the police are urging people who are going trick or treating or having a party to stay safe. They have advised that adults should always
Popular boy band Union J will be the star guests at the switching on of the town’s Christmas lights this year. The festive extravaganza, which organisers say will be bigger and better than before, will take place in the town centre on Sunday, November 20
Millions of Brits are leaving their windows and doors unlocked, leaving keys in the garden and relying on their dog to keep their home safe, a study has found. One in five leave their doors unlocked all or most of the time on a typical day and 48 per cen
A COMPANY providing packaging for fruit and vegetables has been fined £40,000 after a prosecution brought by Rugby Borough Council. IFCO Systems UK, formerly of Cosford Lane, Rugby, where the accident happened, pleaded guilty to health and safety breache
An elderly woman has suffered potentially serious head injuries after falling from her bicycle in Rugby. The incident, which did not involve any vehicles, happened outside the Raglan Arms pub in Dunchurch Road, Rugby at just after noon yesterday. A param
It’s almost that time - don’t get caught out. The lighter nights officially come to an end on Sunday October 30 when the clocks go back an hour, finally seeing off British Summer Time (BST). Greenwich Mean Time kicks at 2am, when the clocks go back to 1a
A Braunston-based charity has celebrated its 35th birthday by reliving the ‘first fiver’ donations which heralded its beginnings. But they did it by adopting the social media trend of donating their first new-look £5 note to charity. LNBP at Braunston, f
Three-quarters of Brits are what is described as ‘micro-criminals’ - committing tiny crimes in shops and online to get a better deal. Research by YouGov found that 74 per cent of UK citizens had perpetrated at least one very minor crime. Most common was
The three Rotary Clubs in Rugby have joined forces to plant thousands of purple crocuses. For more than 30 years, Rotary and its members have been committed to helping eradicate polio across the world. The Purple4Polio campaign is designed to engage comm
Police have released a CCTV image of two men they are trying to locate and identify who may have vital information relating to an alleged theft from a vehicle which took place in Rugby. The incident is believed to have taken place in the Technology Drive
A singer from rugby has made it through to the UK Unsigned Songwriter of the Year 2016 Grand Final on Sunday. Gracie Falls is one of four femals selected to compete in the competition that recognises songwriting talent. The finalists have just been selec
A packed protest meeting at Rugby High School last Tuesday evening heard a rousing speech against the town being bullied into unnecessary housing. More than 300 people attended the event staged by the Woodlands Residents Association which stressed the ne
A house fire in Bilton during the early hours of the morning (Sunday October 23) kept fire crews occupied for over an hour and a half. Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service was called to the fire in Wolsey Road at around 1.05am, and started in a fuse box
A fifth of parents have admitted that they find the half-term break stressful, with the additional costs the holiday brings being the source of much of the worry. With the week off fast approaching in England and Wales and already a distant memory for so
Migraine sufferers should avoid eating processed meats and leafy greens because they increase the level of nitrates which may cause the debilitating headaches. Researchers discovered that people with migraines harbour significantly more nitrate microbes
- 18:22 Parents of Deepcut soldier Cheryl James get human rights award for...
- 18:22 CALAIS 'JUNGLE' DEMOLITION: First shacks TORN DOWN as thousands of...
- 18:22 Firearms raid at Wrexham property sees man arrested
- 18:20 Russia says it extends moratorium on Aleppo air strikes
- 18:19 CCTV clue after two friends attacked after leaving The Ritz in...
- 18:19 Bodies found after Allerton house fire
- 18:18 DVD Reviews: Two Women and A Special Day
- 18:16 ‘Even though Daisy has gone, she will never be forgotten. She will...
- 18:15 Blitz on burglary suspects in Northumberland and North Tyneside
- 18:14 GUILTY: Fleetwood man murdered his baby girl
- 18:14 ‘Even though Daisy has gone, she will never be forgotten. She will...
- 18:14 Cannabis farm uncovered at remote Cumbrian bungalow
- 18:14 Man denies insurance fraud
- 18:13 'I had to quit my job and do something to help people': One woman's...
- 18:13 Ronda Rousey ran from fighting Holly Holm again in the UFC after...
- 18:13 Car crashes into houses
- 18:12 Sir Alex Ferguson: This is my biggest regret from 27 years at...
- 18:12 Wolves next manager odds: Marco Silva and Sam Allardyce lead the way
- 18:12 Tractor driver dies as vehicle leaves road and hits shed at airfield
- 18:11 Students ‘riot’ during ‘pi**y’ themed night out
- 18:10 Traffic delays expected on A6 in Derby during rush hour
- 18:10 Traditional tales kept children at Grange Street Infants' School in...
- 18:10 Vital work to take place at Chesterfield car park
- 18:10 VIDEO: Halloween ghost stories from a Nottinghamshire landmark
- 18:09 Morecambe dad’s £45K mission to fight MS
- 18:09 Teenager who vanished is found tied to a bed in his Dad’s basement...
- 18:09 Manchester United boss Mourinho says life in the city is 'a disaster'
- 18:09 Guardiola identifies how Man City can improve significantly
- 18:09 Manchester United defender Eric Bailly out injured for two months
- 18:08 Event at hall launches county career college