News from Ripon Gazette
Excitement is building among movie fans with only days to go to the launch of the first-ever Harrogate Film Festival. This new event at a variety of Harrogate venues from the Everyman to the Crown Hotel involves more than just the screening of classic fi
Storm Doris battered the UK yesterday and much of it was captured on video. And with planes struggling to land to trees falling in roads and narrowly missing motoristsand paddling pools and trampolines taking flight we look at 10 of the most viewed Storm
Hard-working volunteers behind celebrations to mark the 300th anniversary of an over-looked historical figue who transformed the Harrogate district are calling for a road to be named after him. A whole series of major celebrations are being planned this
Ten years after its inception in Harrogate Geocaching UK Mega Event is heading back to the area organisers announced. The week-long event will be held at Newby Hall, near Ripon, on August 4 2018 and is expected to attract about 3,000 people and boost the
This month, Harrogate’s award winning luxury hotel, Rudding Park, celebrated another international accolade as it was inducted into TripAdvisor’s World Hall of Fame for the Travellers’ Choice Hotel Awards. Staking a claim in the top 10 hotels in the UK f
One of Harrogate's main dining out streets is set for an exciting battle of the celebrity chefs between Gino and Jamie. The Harrogate Restaurant Bar and Grill on Parliament Street is to close to be completely redeveloped in a new venture by popular TV ch
Johnny Nelson is a big guy. The 6ft 3ins former boxer ruled as world champion from 1999-2005. These days, he shares his knowledge of the ring as a pundit on Sky TV boxing shows. But the Sheffield fight expert - who turned 50 years old last month - shared
Yorkshire astronomy enthusiasts have stars in their eyes after an amazing project to dismantle a half-tonne telescope, transport it 200 miles and rebuild it on a nature reserve. Chris Burn reports. It has been a four year labour of love. But now the star
Mysterious radioactive cloud moves towards UK as plane which tackled Chernobyl called in to find source
A US Air Force plane which helped in the aftermath of the Chernobyl disaster has been called in to find the source of a mysterious radioactive cloud heading towards the UK. The WC-135 Constant Phoenix, which is specially modified to collect atmospheric s
Get the lemons, sugar and chocolate sauce in - because pancake day is almost here! For foodies, it’s undoubtedly one of the best days of the year for a decadent treat - and whether you like them sweet or savoury, we have plenty ideas for you. This year’s
With March just around the corner and the Christmas holidays now a distant memory, a prolonged break from work may seem like just wishful thinking. But, due to the fortunate timing of Easter this year, there’s an ingenious way to enjoy an incredible 18 d
A big, big rap star is among the latest additions to this year's Leeds Festival line-up. Running from August 25-27, the headliners at Bramham Park for 2017 now include Grammy Award-winning rap legend Eminem who last played the festival in 2013. The man,
Pupils, staff and parents at a Harrogate prep school have launched a major fundraising campaign to help improve the lives of children in hospital. Co-educational school Belmont Grosvenor is working with Harrogate Hospital and Community Charity to raise m
A Dales barn conversion, a unique family home and a period town house are among the featured homes for sale in this week’s Harrogate Advertiser series property guide. Manor Farm, Thorner Lane, Scarcroft is a superbly located and unique detached family ho
New bus routes aimed at children have hit the road in Harrogate District Hospital’s outpatients department to make waiting for appointments more fun. A series of brightly-coloured bus stops can now be found across the department, linked by graphics of bu
- 09:07 ‘Council must be ambitious despite government funding cuts’, says...
- 09:07 Delight as fundraising total in memory of Liam Gough tops £18,500
- 09:06 Rugby league club is soaring with new partnership
- 09:06 Plenty of support for school’s careers fair
- 09:05 Cracking chocolate fundraiser for Coningsby & Tattershall Lions
- 09:05 7 stunning cities you can fly to for less than £100
- 09:05 Fit in 4: The 5-minute Pilates routine that carves your core
- 09:04 Magpie Cafe fish recipe: Hake with garlic and spinach gratin
- 09:03 Fighting for Tony: the Cumbrian fightback starts here
- 09:03 KPMG decides to close down Preston office
- 09:02 Manchester United vs Southampton, EFL Cup final High Court: Which...
- 09:02 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos
- 09:01 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 08:59 Muhammad Ali’s son detained by immigration staff and repeatedly...
- 08:59 Toothless Michael Wright who roams Pearson Park wanted by police
- 08:58 The night Foo Fighters played Sheffield Arena
- 08:56 Councillors argue over almost 5% increase in tax bills
- 08:56 Grimsby Town will strive to find the right balance in League Two...
- 08:56 Grimsby Town boss Marcus Bignot says his Mariners have the X-Factor...
- 08:56 Selfless YMCA volunteer took fatal overdose
- 08:54 Troubled Black Country bar fails to sell at auction
- 08:54 'I was that big, I could steer the bus with my belly': Driver John...
- 08:54 Chipperfield's Circus to keep lions at farm after vets give all-clear
- 08:54 Dozens of jobs for Walsall as Iceland plans new 'food warehouse'
- 08:53 £12,000 worth of outdoor clothing stolen from Lincolnshire business
- 08:53 Cabbie is sick of fines issued in error at McDonalds car park in...
- 08:53 Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool will sack me like Claudio Ranieri if I...
- 08:52 Weather forecast for the East Midlands: Saturday February 25
- 08:50 The Conservation Volunteers are helping bring more woodland to West...
- 08:50 Weather forecast for the East Midlands: Saturday February 25