News from Ripon Gazette
The mum behind The Secret Bakery has been talking to the Harrogate Advertiser about the secret of her success and how much support she gets from her family. Liz Long's small micro-bakery has been causing a quiet sensation recently in Harrogate with its ‘
A member of a Harrogate running club has demolished the record in Britain's most brutal race with a stunning performance over a 420km course. Carol Morgan of Nidd Valley Runners Club, completed the epic 420km-long course along the length of the Pennine W
Around £200,000 is currently in the funding pot to improve the air quality at Bond End in Knaresborough, as the county council consults with the public on what should be done. Residents and road-users have been asked to share their views on several ways
Knaresborough businessman Robert Kaiser is set for an extremely cold challenge for a charity that supports injured servicemen. The owner of PPSS Group, who lives in Ripon, will set off from Greenland on February 26 on his own solo and unsupported Winter
Five budding Young Chefs from Northallerton College, Boroughbridge High School and Breckenborough School near Thirsk recently took part in the national Rotary Young competition at Boroughbridge High School. The youngsters were asked to produce a two cour
A group of men vandalised a Harrogate school playground after breaking into a shed on the property. The group of men broke into the shed at Grove Road Primary School before throwing powder paint around the playground. Police are now appealing for witness
North Yorkshire's Black Sheep Brewery is to launch its first seasonal ale of its 25th anniversary year - just in time to help rugby fans toast an exciting season of international rugby. Ram Tackle, a 4.1% ABV ruby ale with its ‘pack’ of eight different E
As a new year starts, it’s always a good time to take stock and celebrate the successes of the team at the garden. It’s wonderful to be able to report that 2016 was another record year for Harlow Carr. We welcomed more than 400,000 visitors to the garden
North Yorkshire Rotters, a group of volunteer composters who share their expertise with residents to help to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill, are encouraging more people to join them. The volunteers, who are managed by North Yorkshire County
To beat those dreaded January blues this morning, the Ripon Gazette is taking a look at the mood-lifting cheer of the Holy Trinity Church in the city, which has raised £3,500 for two special charity appeals. The church originally set themselves a £1,000
All secondary schools across the Harrogate district have successfully met the new national standards set out by Government. This is the first year that secondary schools are judged under new measures from the Government known as Attainment 8 and Progress
Ripon MP Julian Smith has welcomed the news that unemployment across the UK remains at its lowest rate for over a decade - down nearly 900,000 since 2010 according to the latest labour market figures, with 207,000 more people back in work in Yorkshire an
A former caretaker has been jailed after police discovered heroin and drug paraphernalia during a raid on his Knaresborough flat. Lee Mulvaney, 49, was arrested when police swooped on his flat in Knaresborough and discovered the Class A drug. They found
Weekly list of planning applications received by Harrogate Borough Council, week ending January 13. Harrogate Notification for prior approval for change of use of agricultural building to photographic studio, home office and domestic store (use class - C
Yorkshire has beaten Lancashire and other counties nationwide - to the title of the best area to go dogging. Adult website Swinging Heaven has named Yorkshire as the top county for dogging in the UK. According to the site, Yorkshire has a massive 271 dog
- 12:11 British woman’s five-year prison sentence on ‘secret...
- 12:11 Hat-trick of venues in the running for wedding award
- 12:11 Care home is rated as good after recent CQC inspection
- 12:11 Foul-mouthed woman assaulted hospital receptionist after bust-up...
- 12:10 Wrexham AFC fans left to wonder what might have been
- 12:09 2017 property crash would see £399 a week wiped off UK property values
- 12:08 ‘We need volunteers’: Burgh-le-Marsh Carnival is back
- 12:08 East Midlands Air Ambulance in demand
- 12:08 One in 13 has Type 2 diabetes, new figures show
- 12:08 New football academy will offer practical training and study in Oakham
- 12:08 Museum is back in business for 2017
- 12:07 MK Dons 5 Northampton Town 3 – match review, player ratings and...
- 12:07 Ministers covered up failed Trident test before crucial vote
- 12:05 Heydour Parish Hall hosts ’20s era jazz quintet
- 12:04 Jack Wilshere says Wayne Rooney is the best he’s played with and...
- 12:02 Police believe missing man could be in Cumbria
- 12:01 Hall ready to embark on revenge mission
- 12:01 Hugill hails PNE's character after firing them to Aston Villa point
- 12:01 Chorley 2, Altrincham 0
- 12:00 Indonesian authorities detain 17 nationals returning from Syria
- 12:00 Syrian army and allies take village from Islamic State
- 11:59 George Michael’s ex claims a sex drug addiction may have led to...
- 11:59 'Lightbulb' moment for Lindley Clock Tower 115 years after it was...
- 11:59 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is fed up with Reds goal trait
- 11:55 Aston Villa transfer rumour: Steve Bruce eyes Premier League swap...
- 11:55 Police investigating Perry Barr 'shooting' after reports of gunfire
- 11:55 Jonathan Kodjia has this message for Aston Villa fans after Preston...
- 11:54 Keates on Wrexham AFC's wasted chances and Rooney's goal
- 11:54 Chester FC 1 Wrexham AFC 1: How the players rated
- 11:53 Queen's chaplain resigns over Glasgow cathedral Koran row