News from Ripon Gazette
The wait is nearly over. Less than 24 hours from now Pateley Bridge will find out if it has won the Great British High Street competition. It seems everyone across the Dale has been supporting the town’s incredibly impressive bid and the Harrogate Advert
Dick Whittington at Harrogate Theatre reviewed by Katie Oxtoby and family It’s panto time again and Harrogate Theatre has once more produced a superb show that’s as spectacular as it is silly. Dick Whittington may not have much of a story to it – the onl
Residents in Pannal have been sent a survey by their parish council, seeking their views on a proposed Gypsy and Traveller site in the area. The proposed site has been included in Harrogate Borough Council’s Draft Local Plan and has already sparked conce
Harrogate Borough Council is stepping up its efforts to reassure anxious residents over its controversial proposals for the future of the Stray. After an outpouring of interest on the issue from Harrogate Advertiser readers, the council’s deputy leader C
Ads for junk food and drink targeted at children are to be banned from the internet in a bid to combat the obesity epidemic. Ads for foods high in sugar, fat and salt will be banned from all media aimed at children and content with at least a quarter of
Fresh calls have been made for changes to the Highway Code which could improve the safety for cyclists at road junctions. Former cycling champion Chris Boardman is leading the appeal for changes to road users turning at junctions. The Olympic gold medall
Margaret Booker, 89, from Harrogate, has made a Light up a Life dedication every year for six years to remember her husband Ken. For Margaret, the Crimple House event is particularly special, as the location is steeped in history for her and her family.
Harrogate cyclists have been warned to take greater protection of their bikes following a 98 per cent increase in cycle thefts this year. Figures presented by the Safer Harrogate District Community Safety Group showed that cycle theft had risen from 65 i
More than 100 gins, top craft distillers and a whole world of ginformation is coming Harrogate’s way this weekend when the Gin Festival comes to town. Visiting cities and towns across the UK, Gin Festival has previously brought tens of thousands of gin e
Preparations for Christmas are already in full swing around Harrogate and the town's fantastic independents have been enjoying the busy festive period. Following on from the Advertiser’s successful ‘Love our Indies’ campaign, this Christmas we’re highlig
A Harrogate single mum inspired by Beatrix Potter is to have her debut children's book published in the USA - and she's hoping its new President doesn't take offence. With a title like Sir Trump-a-Lot, it's expected fledgling author J. Knight Conry will
North Yorkshire Police have said its new operation to tackle Harrogate’s street drinkers sends a clear message that their behaviour will not be tolerated. Police launched “Operation Yeehaw” in November to combat the re-emergence of the town’s street drin
Planning applications received by Harrogate Borough Council, week ending December 2. Harrogate Erection of first floor extension over existing garage and utility and alterations to fenestrations at 4 Hall Lane, Harrogate for J Tipling. Erection of two fr
A man from Ripon scooped one of the top accolades at the Royal Navy’s 2016 Sports Awards. The NATO Cup for the Sportsman of the Year was won by triathlete Corporal Rich Ebbage. Corporal Ebbage, 25, who hails from Ripon, enjoyed an outstanding year as the
Action Fraud have received thousands of reports about the emails, which have been sent by cyber criminals to victims . Action Fraud has issued a warning over fake emails purporting to be from Greater Manchester Police (GMP) which claim you were caught sp
- 02:58 There’s still Time to help cafe’s Christmas toy appeal
- 02:50 A new lease of life for a 200-year-old Indian library
- 02:50 Families take the lead in MH370 mystery
- 02:50 Syria Aleppo: UN envoy urges political solution to war
- 02:27 Fly-tipping Christmas crackdown by councils
- 02:13 Exxon CEO is now Trump's secretary of state favourite -transition...
- 01:55 Peter Capaldi and Matt Lucas join forces with a masked vigilante in...
- 01:55 Psychedelic chick! Rita Ora poses in shimmering rose gold patterned...
- 01:55 'They recognised they couldn't make things work': Ash Harrison...
- 01:55 Lauren Harries teases she's returning to the Celebrity Big Brother...
- 01:55 Amanda Holden sports vivid pink lipstick and stylish floppy hat as...
- 01:55 Street party! Kym Marsh looks seasonally stylish as she and the...
- 01:55 Buns in the sun! Cheeky Lottie Moss can't help but pull down...
- 01:41 Henrikh Mkhitaryan is back on track at Manchester United - There...
- 01:41 Motherwell launch investigation into possible historical child...
- 01:39 Funds sought for Brexit court case in Ireland
- 01:20 Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane loses £60,000-worth of...
- 01:19 Aetna CEO defends merger with Humana in antitrust trial
- 01:13 Germans see refugees as biggest problem despite falling numbers
- 01:03 UFC 206: Anthony Pettis comes in three pounds over for...
- 01:03 Aston Villa players visit soup kitchen in Birmingham as they spread...
- 00:53 BOSTON SATURDAY LEAGUE: Fixtures
- 00:46 Cryogenic storage offers hope for renewable energy
- 00:40 Andrew Lloyd Webber backs amateur performances of School Of Rock
- 00:40 Michael Gove tells Fern Britton of regrets over his Tory...
- 00:40 1D star Louis Tomlinson to honour mother on X Factor
- 00:40 Donald Trump discusses links with Scotland in phone call to...
- 00:40 Corbyn issues pledge on legal support for domestic abuse victims
- 00:40 Boris Johnson charms Gulf leaders days after Saudi Arabia 'proxy...
- 00:39 Catholic conflict of interest for FA's sex-abuse QC led to switch