News from Ripley and Heanor News
Residents across Derbyshire are being invited to pick up free posters to help scare off unwanted trick or treaters and anti-social behaviour over Halloween and Bonfire Night. The posters can be collected from Safer Neighbourhood officers and are designed
A man has appeared at court charged with murder following the discovery of a man’s dismembered and burnt body in a suitcase in Derbyshire. Ming Jiang, 42, of Falconwood Way, Manchester, appeared at Nottingham Crown Court on Tuesday, October 25 charged wi
A former barrister and an ex-DJ are among 16 new recruits joining Derbyshire Constabulary. The 11 men and five women have been attested at a special ceremony held at police headquarters in Ripley on Friday, October 21. Deputy Chief Constable Peter Goodma
The Appletree House Cattery in Codnor recently hosted a coffee morning to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. Owner Donna Cooney said: “There are some very special people in our lives who are suffering at the moment, or have done recently, so it wa
Students at Derby College’s Broomfield Hall campus in Morley helped to stage a popular outdoor street festival. More than 70 learners got involved at the tenth annual Derby Festé weekend. The volunteers were all part of the Uniformed Public Services stud
The Rose and Crown in Morley is staging a series of spooktacular Hallowe’en activities to raise money for the NSPCC this half-term. The pub, part of Vintage Inns, has recently partnered with the NSPCC to raise funds for the charity which works to protect
An Alfreton joinery firm’s star apprentice has been named as the best trainee in the country at a major industry awards night, delighting his bosses. Greg Kasowicz, 23, took the title for Trainee of the Year at the British Woodworking Federation (BWF) aw
The chances of spotting the Aurora Borealis should increase over the next few days, according to space weather experts. According to the British Geological Survey, elevated geomagnetic activity caused by a high-speed solar wind will take place over the n
Man’s best friend may have a rough time of it on November 5th, so why not at least give your pooch a fun Halloween? Here’s some of the best pet costume pictures we’ve found on the internet.
Screening for prostate cancer, electronic monitoring of a baby’s heart during labour and using saline solution on cuts are some of the treatments which offer little or no benefit to patients new research states. The Academy of Medical Royal Colleges has
Leading manufacturer Recaro is recalling some of its child car seat products over safety concerns. The company has announced the move after tests revealed that a particular batch of its fix bases - used with the child seat Optia and the infant carrier Pr
With Halloween just around the corner, watch our video of spooky stories from Bolsover Castle. To read about Derbyshire’s top five most haunted places click here.
Andy Whitt remembers the moment he was told his baby daughter had cancer like it was yesterday. A sense of panic washed over him, followed by sheer devastation and heartbreak. “Nothing prepares you for the devastating news that your baby is unwell, it’s
An accident involving three cars has forced a lane closure on the M1 and is causing tailbacks already. The incident happened on northbound carriageway at J25, at the junction with the A52, Brian Clough Way. It is also affecting J24a for the A50 to Derby.
Ghosts and ghouls are preparing for their Halloween frenzy this Monday. Here is our top five list of most haunted places in the county...
- 15:46 Fate of Co-op in Huyton that closed with no explanation revealed
- 15:47 Man who raped teenager sees ‘unduly lenient’ jail term extended
- 15:46 Lancashire homes left without power
- 15:46 For Sale signs up on Liverpool Municipal Buildings
- 15:46 Siblings to climb Ingleborough mountain for hospice
- 15:45 Fire alarm in Skegness sparked by dust
- 15:43 Injury update on Hartlepool United duo
- 15:43 District set to respond to boundary proposals
- 15:42 Rangers boss Mark Warburton shoots down speculation over Wigan job...
- 15:42 Grimsby Town INJURY NEWS: Midfielder set to be out for 'a while'...
- 15:41 Scottish Secretary David Mundell says coming out as gay was 'one of...
- 15:41 Brexit vote hits Bucher's street and sewer cleaning sales
- 15:41 ECB's Nowotny says December meet will decide on QE, what assets to...
- 15:41 Cameron Fields admits murdering Adam Bent in knife attack in...
- 15:40 Winsford company director loses bid to reduce jail term
- 15:40 Student protects teacher by knocking out classmate who punched her...
- 15:39 Emeka Obi appears to confirm Liverpool transfer move on Twitter
- 15:39 Who is Eric Molina the boxer rumoured to face Anthony Joshua in...
- 15:38 Fifty Shades of Grey artwork launched in Nottingham
- 15:38 Is Remembrance only for older veterans?
- 15:36 Ladies vintage watch handed in at Leamington Police Station
- 15:35 Nissan decision to build new Qashqai and X-Trail in Sunderland...
- 15:34 Brexit vote a chance to ‘rebuild’ Scotland’s digital policy
- 15:33 Socialists to fight Rajoy's policies in new Spanish government
- 15:33 Hull City of Culture 2017: How to get free tickets to spectacular...
- 15:32 Help deter unwanted trick or treaters by displaying free poster
- 15:32 Man City prospect Maffeo could be the solution to Guardiola's...
- 15:32 Report highlights work done in Derbyshire to protect people from...
- 15:31 Worker sold firm’s stock on eBay
- 15:31 Lancaster MP Cat Smith stands up for bus passengers