News from Ripley and Heanor News
People living in the Amber Valley area are the happiest in Derbyshire. Residents living in Amber Valley rated their happiness as 7.93 out of 10 in a government survey, higher than any other areas of the county.
Following a recent Ofsted visit standards at one Alfreton nursery are still rated as ‘good’. The Grange PDN, on Marshall Street, was inspected by the education watchdog and the report has just been published. Inspector Janice Hughes said: “Staff recognis
Motorists are being warned to expect long delays on the M1 until this afternoon. An accident has occurred on the M1 northbound between junctions 28 and 29 at Tibshelf Services. Lanes are currently closed and normal traffic conditions are not expected to
Donny Osmond has sold more than 100 million records, received 33 gold records, had three UK No 1s, nine UK top tens and spent a staggering 333 weeks in the UK charts. He is celebrating 50 years in showbiz with a tour which visits Nottingham Capital FM Ar
An abusive boozed-up dad who was struggling to cope with child custody arrangements has been ordered to pay £613 after an outburst in the street. Chesterfield magistrates’ court heard on Thursday, January 12, how police were called to a domestic incident
A boozed-up woman has been given a warning after she went round to her partner’s home and pushed him. Chesterfield magistrates’ court recently heard how Victoria Elliott, 35, of Hawthorne Street, Chesterfield, felt she had been provoked via messages sent
An advertising campaign is set to begin in Derbyshire to encourage new adult volunteers to join the Army Cadet Force (ACF). Derbyshire ACF is looking for enthusiastic individuals who are interested in working with young people to join them, no specific s
A six-year-old from Pinxton has embarked on personal crusade to spread goodwill, starting with the residents of an Amber Valley care home. Emmy Fisher ended 2016 by delivering personalised Christmas cards to residents at Meadows Care Home in Alfreton, an
Football supporters and staff at Matlock Town FC helped a man who collapsed shortly before the kick-off at the Gladiators’ home match against Workington AFC. An air ambulance had to be called before landing on the pitch at the Causeway Lane ground on Sat
First Marmite, then Jamie’s Italian and now Apple users are set to feel the financial consequence of Brexit as prices of apps are set to rise by 25 per cent. The upcoming changes to the App Store will see the prices of apps and in-app purchases rise as a
More than £6,000 has been raised by affordable housing provider Derwent Living in support of the Air Ambulance to help save more lives across Derbyshire, Rutland and Leicestershire. Throughout 2016, staff at Derwent Living held a range of fundraising eve
A struggling heroin addict has been ordered to pay £235 after he was caught with two wraps of the drug. Chesterfield magistrates’ court recently heard how Nathan Hendry, 35, of Laburnum Street, Hollingwood, Chesterfield, was caught by police with 0.37gra
While the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors has forecast that house prices in the UK will rise by around three per cent this year, a Times survey of leading economists has predicted that 2017 could be the year the London property bubble finally bu
A suspected drug-fuelled driving offender claimed he could not give police a urine sample for a test because he had suffered from a bout of “stage fright”. Chesterfield magistrates’ court recently heard how Aaron Peter Sanderson, 38, of George Street, Br
A booze-fuelled woman who threatened her ex-partner and assaulted a hospital receptionist has narrowly been spared from time behind bars. Chesterfield magistrates’ court recently heard how Lisa Boyd, 27, of Bestwood Park, Clay Cross, was spotted shouting
- 16:59 Business boost for growth corridor
- 16:58 S&P 500 AND NASDAQ NOW DOWN ABOUT 0.6 PCT
- 16:58 Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers expects more transfer business during...
- 16:57 Raver caught with £4,500 worth of ecstasy down his pants at illegal...
- 16:57 The bizarre 'bubble bowl' chair for CATS: £30 invention lets your...
- 16:57 Who is Sean Spicer? What you need to know about the new White House...
- 16:57 Trident 'misfire' farce as Theresa May's Defence Secretary refuses...
- 16:56 British Steel beefs up distribution teams as construction sector...
- 16:55 Nottingham burger restaurant offers all-you-can-eat deal every...
- 16:54 John Joyce re-elected as Addleshaw Goddard’s managing partner
- 16:54 All eight Lincolnshire councils could be abolished saving £150m
- 16:54 Rasen man jailed after knife attack in town centre
- 16:52 Stacey Solomon confesses her sexual fantasies and says she hopes...
- 16:52 'Allo 'Allo! star Gorden Kaye dies aged 75
- 16:48 Four in 10 junior doctors have fallen asleep at wheel
- 16:48 Family of drug dealer ordered to hand over FOUR houses
- 16:48 Extra trains running for Leicester City's FA Cup game at Derby County
- 16:48 Anderson Silva offers advice to Ronda Rousey following UFC 207 loss
- 16:47 Is Tesco offering a bum deal on toilet roll?
- 16:47 ATR boss troubled by competition impact of Bombardier bailout
- 16:46 Government confirm HS2 cannot buy Long Eaton land not linked to...
- 16:46 Stop talking rubbish, this tree is not an ISIS terror threat says...
- 16:45 Resident Evil 7 biohazard review – survival horror reborn
- 16:45 Actor Gorden Kaye, known as ‘Allo ‘Allo’s Rene Artois, dies at the...
- 16:45 Man tries to trip up teenager before victim has bike stolen in Corby
- 16:45 Lightsaber martial arts is a thing, and we tried it
- 16:45 Compensation available to people affected by loss of gas supply in...
- 16:45 Eurovision 2017: Which former X Factor contestant will represent...
- 16:44 What's your chance of developing lung cancer? Map reveals those...
- 16:44 Why a glucose drip could be the key to speeding up birth for women...