News from Retford Trader & Guardian
Small charities and faith-based groups are struggling to meet the needs of rising numbers of destitute migrant children and families, according to a report. The organisations are stepping in to provide housing, food and clothing, the study said. But it w
0 Have your say A Worksop mum who “cried her eyes out” after heartless burglars made off with Christmas presents she bought for her two young children has warned families in the area to be vigilant. Natalie Smith, 27, fears her family’s Christmas is “rui
A Heinz advert teaching viewers how to use tin cans to drum out a song has been banned for encouraging behaviour that risks health and safety. The advert featured children, teenagers and adults using empty or full Heinz Beanz tins to drum out the rhythm
Boris Johnson has urged his Russian counterpart to take action to halt the assault on Aleppo. The Foreign Secretary spoke to Sergei Lavrov and called on Moscow to use its influence to halt the bombardment and allow vital aid supplies in to the besieged S
The Clydesdale and Yorkshire banking group has notched up its first annual profit in five years in a buoyant start to life as a standalone business.
More criminals could be punished without being jailed, a senior judge has suggested. The Lord Chief Justice warned the prison population is "very, very high" and there are concerns that it could rise further still. Lord Thomas of Cwmgiedd...
Britain's factories are set to hike their prices at the fastest rate in nearly three years after the Brexit-hit pound sent costs soaring, according to a report. The CBI survey showed food and drink prices are expected to bear the brunt of the price rises
Sir Peter Blake has revealed his latest and perhaps most surprising art collection, inspired by the arrival of smart meters to every home in Great Britain. The Arrival of Smart Meters has been unveiled at the White Cloth Gallery in Leeds to coincide with
0 Have your say Bassetlaw Community and Voluntary Service has been providing volunteering support in Bassetlaw for more than 40 years. If you would like to find out more about volunteering in Bassetlaw get in touch for an informal chat about the benefits
0 Have your say On Wednesday, December 7, at 7.30pm at the parish room, Tickhill, DN11 9HZ, the group will be holding its annual Fête de Noël, complete with games, carols in French and a buffet of largely French food, provided on a bring and share basis.
0 Have your say First, second and fourth Sundays, Holy Communion at 10.45am, third Sunday, Holy Communion at 8am. Third Sunday coffee, croissants and crafts at 10am, followed by Thanksgiving for the Gift of a Child. Wednesday, Holy Communion at 9.30am. M
An online petition calling for the royals to pay for Buckingham Palace's £369 million refurbishment is gathering pace, attracting more than 130,000 signatures. The demand, which is addressed to Chancellor Philip Hammond, argues that, rather than taxpayer
0 Have your say Bank cards look set to become a thing of the past. Barclays is rolling out contactless cash withdrawals across the UK, becoming the first British bank to allow customers to withdraw money without inserting their bank cards. Customers will
Inadequate social care funding is leading to delays in hospital operations, a leading surgeon has warned. Delaying transferring patients from hospitals to social care means that there are not enough beds in hospitals to admit patients waiting for operati
Ukip is being investigated by Britain's elections watchdog over claims it breached party funding laws.
- 17:44 This Chelsea star is so good it's like having an extra player on...
- 17:40 Extraordinary fundraising week at Wreake Valley Academy for...
- 17:40 Top TV picks
- 17:40 Saturday night film
- 17:40 135 years of history celebrated at Barrow Salvation Army special...
- 17:40 Festive fever comes to Barrow at the launch of popular grotto
- 17:38 Norway government wins backing for 2017 budget, prevents collapse
- 17:37 Mysterious figure dubbed the 'Ruskington Horror' spotted near Sleaford
- 17:37 The picture postcard views of Lincoln Christmas Market
- 17:36 80 homes heading to old Harvestime Bakery site
- 17:36 West Bromwich postcode strikes gold with £3 million lottery prize
- 17:35 Arsene Wenger says Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey was not ‘100 per...
- 17:33 Church of England jumped on 'middle-class Brexit bandwagon', bishop...
- 17:30 Meet the prolific fundraiser donating 60 hampers to deserving...
- 17:26 West Ham v Arsenal: Live Premier League scores and updates from the...
- 17:26 Rutland leads the way with mental health care project for young people
- 17:26 Share views on post-16 transport in Rutland
- 17:24 Road in Leicestershire closed due to serious collision
- 17:24 Brave Bradley Lowery wishes supporters a Merry Christmas as he...
- 17:24 Cousin remembers 'angel' Paige Collier with touching tribute
- 17:23 12 ways being a student ruins Christmas
- 17:22 UK Championship: Mark Selby beats Shaun Murphy to reach third final
- 17:22 Barcelona 1-1 Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos' last-minute header rescues...
- 17:21 Launch of new independent womenswear shop in Harrogate
- 17:20 Will you marry Smee? Actor pops the question at Mansfield's pantomime
- 17:20 Pep Guardiola concedes Chelsea’s Antonio Conte won the tactical...
- 17:20 Barcelona 1-1 Real Madrid: Late Sergio Ramos goal cancels Luis...
- 17:19 Man City v Chelsea chaos: Howard Webb speaks out on Sergio Aguero...
- 17:18 Police advise youngsters on how to stay safe
- 17:18 Derbyshire police investigates reports of historic child abuse in...