News from Retford Trader & Guardian
Pupils and parents have been warned of “potential danger” after a man approached students at a bus stop in Worksop. A school safety text from Outwood Academy Portland was sent to parents this afternoon (Friday, January 20). It reads: “We have received a
Gritting teams in Nottinghamshire will be out on the roads over the weekend with road temperatures set to be below freezing once again. Teams will be out gritting on Friday January 20 and MET Office forecasts suggest road surface temperatures could also
The latest GCSE performance tables for Nottinghamshire’s schools have been published by the Department for Education. But this year’s figures are different to previous years and now look at two new headlines measures - progress 8 and attainment 8. The ne
THEFT Dean Smith, 29, of Pilham Court, Gainsborough. Stole food, to the value of £114.32, belonging to Morrisons. Committed to prison for four weeks. Also ordered to pay £114.32 in compensation to Morrisons. Ashley Wardsworth, 28, of No Fixed Address. St
Adverts are something we can’t avoid but not all of them hit the right note. These are the top 10 most complained about adverts of last year.
A fledgling model from Worksop could soon fulfill her dream of becoming a Vogue cover star after landing a contract with the UK’s biggest independent modelling agency. Harriet Webster may only be young, but is already well on her way to becoming the next
Like many people in Bassetlaw, I am very concerned by the recent announcement from Bassetlaw Hospital that its children’s ward is due to close to new admissions after 8pm each day. Bassetlaw is a very rural district and for families in certain parts of t
Last week, I wrote that if the board of Bassetlaw Hospital allows the children’s ward to be closed to new admissions overnight and at weekends, the members should resign. It has now been officially announced that the ward will be closed to new patients a
Here is the weather for today (Friday, January 20). A cloudy start in the north with hill fog and some spots of drizzle. Clearer skies further south frost and fog patches in the morning. Sunshine and colder conditions will spread north to all parts throu
Tesco has issued a notice recalling a popular ready meal after it was revealed to be a risk to customers with allergies. The health risk was sparked after it was discovered that the sauce coating Tesco Takeaway Butter Chicken contained nuts, which were n
The following people from the Worksop and Retford areas have recently appeared before the courts. Michael Clarke, aged 35, of Lincoln Street, Worksop. Admitted damaging the driver’s side window of a car in Richmond Road. Conditionally discharged for 12 m
Thorntons is recalling its Thorntons hollow milk chocolate Jolly Santa 200g models because the product may contain a piece of plastic which could represent a safety risk Thorntons is recalling the product detailed below: Product: Thorntons Hollow Milk Ch
A Mansfield man has been charged with dealing cocaine. Adam Brearley, 29, of Greendale Crescent, Clipstone, made no plea to a charge of possession with intent to supply when he appeared at Mansfield Magistrates Court on Thursday. It is alleged a quantity
A drink-driver whose alcohol reading was so high he should have “been medically dead” at more than five times the legal limit has been jailed for the second time in three months. District Judge Jonathan Taaffe said Gary Radford’s reading was the highest
A boozed-up driver whose alcohol reading was so high “he should have been medically dead” has been jailed for the second time in three months. District Judge Jonathan Taaffe said Gary Radford’s reading was the highest he had encountered in 30 years. He t
- 16:10 Rooney was massive for us - Chester boss on the return of former...
- 16:10 Ex-Wrexham AFC forward won't hold back his celebration if he fires...
- 16:10 Dan Evans' biggest fan sets up fundraising page to buy tennis star...
- 16:10 Did you always want to go on Crystal Maze? Well here's how you can...
- 16:09 'Trumatic and shocking' - Thug stabs victim TWICE at Lincoln house
- 16:09 Residential development plans for 14 homes in North Lincolnshire...
- 16:08 A590 now cleared after two car smash sparked partial closure...
- 16:08 Wrexham teen was standing on the A5 in darkness when she was killed...
- 16:06 Chapecoense fans turn out to watch training as they get a first...
- 16:06 Ashfield’s Community hub set to open
- 16:05 Aston Villa plot move for Premier League striker after missing out...
- 16:05 Red Bull boss speaks out on Valtteri Bottas to Mercedes: This is...
- 16:05 U.N. rights expert criticises Myanmar over Rohingya crackdown
- 16:05 Islamic State car bomb kills five Turkish soldiers near Syria's...
- 16:05 BlackRock says hired former Chancellor of the Exchequer Osborne as...
- 16:05 Investigation into New Year’s Day sexual assault ongoing
- 16:05 Gwynedd lorry crash forces restaurant to close
- 16:05 BT price hike for all broadband and TV users
- 16:04 Man dies after leaving Job Centre despite being found ‘fit to work’
- 16:04 Flood barrier ‘needs to be in place as soon as possible’ says leader
- 16:04 Kiran Daudia: Man accused of murdering ex-wife and dumping her body...
- 16:03 Carlisle carer stole cash from disabled woman she said was a friend
- 16:03 NORTH WEST ROADWORKS: 23-29 January 2017
- 16:01 Residents in Clifton Village call for action over "eyesore" Old...
- 16:01 Marseille table new £26m bid for Dimitri Payet: West Ham to make...
- 16:01 NORTH WEST ROADWORKS: 23-29 January 2017
- 16:01 Osborne to join BlackRock as adviser
- 16:01 Search for man’s next of kin
- 15:59 Labour hopes English nationalism will win them the West Midlands...
- 15:59 How much you could lose if the property market crashes in 2017