News from Pocklington Post
A record one million fans turned out to watch the epic finale to the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire which saw Serge Pauwels claim the stage and overall victory. Not since the 2014 Tour de France Grand Départ has Yorkshire experienced such a huge figure on a sing
If you have ever visited Flamingo Land you may have noticed we have free ranging peafowl, or peacocks, in our park. The peacocks are very friendly which is why we are able to allow them to wander around the park and not keep them within an enclosure. Pea
I have seen two contrasting video clips today. The first is of that typical situation in a car park where you wait patiently for another car to come out of a parking space so that you can park only to see somebody else nip in it before you get a chance t
If you have any information about the photos included in this column, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at Down Memory Lane, Pocklington Post, Newchase Court, Hopper Hill Road, Scarborough Business Park, Scarborough, YO11 3YS.
Even before the tumble on the approach to the finishing tape in Scarborough, the crowds had been buzzing. Sir Gary Verity had said beforehand that this was the only free event at which spectators could get so close to world-class athletes, and on the Nor
The was plenty of drama at the end of the first stage of the Tour de Yorkshire in Scarborough today. Dutchman Dylan Groenewegen claimed victory but a number of riders were caught up in a huge crash just yards from the finish line. The LottoNL-Jumbo rider
See a slideshow of Paul Atkinson’s photos as the Tour de Yorkshire got underway in Bridlington this morning. The 2017 race began outside Bridlington Spa in front of a crowd of thousands.
The riders set off from Bridlington Spa at the start of the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire. The cyclists are heading towards Scarborough for the sprint finish at the end of stage one.
The Tour de Yorkshire made its first ever visit to Pocklington this afternoon and the riders were given the warmest of welcomes. Hundreds of people lined the route as the peloton thundered through the town. Val French, of Breeze and Barmby Moor Pink Ladi
The third Tour de Yorkshire cycle race will get underway this morning as riders from around the world set off from Bridlington. Today's leg will see the riders tackle a 173km course through Garrowby Hill, Goathland and Robin Hood's Bay before finishing i
The third Tour de Yorkshire cycle race will get underway today as competitors tackle the east coast circuit in front of an expected crowd of thousands. Starting off in Bridlington, the 173km stage will include three 'King of the Mountain' climbs and two
In the dark days of 1940 the people of Pocklington decided to help a campaign started by the Driffield Times, to create a fund to buy a Spitfire. The fund was officially launched on 30th July 1940 by the formation of a fundraising committee headed by Eas
Yorkshire tourism chief Sir Gary Verity has been given a top honour by the French government. The Ordre National du Mérite - National Order of Merit - is second only to the Légion d'Honneur, and is awarded by the President of the French Republic in recog
Life has been a little hectic over the last week but I have still had time to enjoy myself. I thought that the ground would be a little less muddy underfoot but I was sadly wrong, and several times this week have returned with the dogs and me in a muddy
The cold snap which brought snow and wintry showers to the county this week will be replaced by warmer temperatures and sunshine for the Bank Holiday weekend. The Met Office has confirmed today that they are expecting temperatures to reach into double fi
- 03:33 Mild winter leading to record numbers of clothes moths
- 03:33 Police name 61-year-old man shot dead at house in Dorset
- 03:26 Oil prices inch down as oversupply concerns fester
- 03:26 Nikkei edges up, high-tech shares jump on earnings
- 03:19 France kills more than 20 militants on Mali, Burkina border
- 03:09 Greater Manchester mayor could change 'insane' bus system
- 02:57 Bob Brodie Trophy: McGonigle passes the 50 goals mark
- 02:49 Macron PLUMMETS in the polls as Marine Le Pen enjoys boost a WEEK...
- 02:49 'We miss him terribly' - Widow's heartbreak after losing Sheffield...
- 02:25 Ian Martin: Five million reasons we need an assembly
- 02:25 Vivienne Francis: Everyone has a role to play in dementia battle
- 02:25 Jayne Dowle: At last there is a chance to do politics differently
- 02:17 Men who tell sexist or homophobic jokes suffer from low self esteem
- 02:17 Social media giants 'shamefully far' from tackling illegal content
- 02:14 North Korea CANNOT be allowed to build better missiles after failed...
- 02:09 Six child actors who retired from showbiz
- 02:08 Twenty-First Century Fox in talks with Blackstone to buy Tribune
- 02:01 Siemens, SAP sign cooperation deals with Saudi Arabia - officials
- 02:01 Asian stocks sluggish after weak U.S. GDP, dollar dips
- 01:50 Rhian Sugden flaunts her ample bust and tiny waist in skimpy...
- 01:50 Sunday errands! Gwen Stefani oozes elegance in ruffled blouse as...
- 01:43 Trump could target 'carried interest' tax loophole: official
- 01:40 Men who tell sexist or homophobic jokes suffer from low self esteem
- 01:39 'Germany's culture must be respected' Angela Merkel's minister...
- 01:38 Men who tell sexist or homophobic jokes suffer from low self esteem
- 01:37 Police in Sheffield uncover haul of class A drugs after raid on...
- 01:34 Reform 'high stakes' primary tests, MPs urge
- 01:29 Manchester United star Ander Herrera looks glum after latest draw...
- 01:23 Tony Blair's legacy 20 years on
- 01:23 Men who tell sexist or homophobic jokes suffer from low self esteem