News from Pendle Today
Burnley opera singer Sean Ruane will lead a team out onto the famous Wembley turf at Saturday's FA Cup final – to conduct a choir to sing the showpiece game’s traditional hymn “Abide With Me”. Former St Theodore’s pupil Sean, who now runs CHANT Productio
A Lancashire mum has been confirmed as the latest victim of the Manchester bomb attack. The 45-year-old mother, who has not been publicly named, from the Ribble Valley had been at Manchester Arena with her daughter to watch Ariana Grande She had been pos
A talented ballerina has won a place at one of Europe's most prestigious dance schools. Rebecca Stead was just one of 38 out of 400 accepted for professional dance training at the Central School of Ballet in London. Dancing since she was three years old,
A binge-drinking mother-of-two who lashed out, kicking a police officer in the face had imbibed a cocktail of cider, shots, and anti-depressants prior to the incident, a court heard. Rachel Driver, who thankfully was wearing trainers as opposed to heels,
The partner of Martyn Hett, who went missing in the Manchester bomb blasts, has confirmed that he was killed in the atrocity. Russell Hayward tweeted a tribute to his "soul mate" this morning and hundreds of people expressed their sympathies...
A trio of hardy hikers inspired to undertake the 100km Bowland Walk for Pendleside Hospice got a little more than they bargained for as frightful weather conditions forced organisers to halt the event early. Friends Ian Chapman (56), Ryan Trueman (41), a
Three men have been arrested in connection with the Manchester concert bombing as a huge investigation into the attack gathers pace. They were detained after police executed warrants in south Manchester. A total of four people have now been arrested as p
The popular X43 bus service, which ferries passengers to and from Manchester, has made a touching tribute in light of the recent devastating terror attack to hit the city. Transdev Burnley, which runs the service, changed the destination sign on the Witc
A twist of fate could have saved the lives of two teenage best pals who were in the audience at Manchester's MEN arena when the bomb blast ripped through the venue. For a ticket mix up saw Alexander Pemberton and Jessica McGlinchey in the wrong seats for
The family of a brave auntie who shielded niece from the Manchester Arena terror attack has confirmed she is among the dead. Kelly Brewster, 32, who had been to the concert with her sister, Claire Booth, 34, and her 11-year-old niece, Hollie Booth, had b
The family of a Colne girl who was left fighting for her life after suffering a brain haemorrhage and stroke is urging parents and young people in Lancashire to learn about the signs of childhood stroke as a new guideline for parents launches today. In 2
A number of services will be impacted on Wednesday May 24 due to the ongoing closure of Manchester Victoria station following Monday evening’s terrorist incident at Manchester Arena, say Northern. The following routes will be impacted: Leeds – Manchester
The mother of a 15-year-old girl has paid tribute to her "precious" daughter as she revealed she had died in the Manchester Arena bombing. Olivia Campbell, from Bury, Greater Manchester, was among 22 people killed by suicide bomber Salman...
The Islamic State terror group has claimed responsibility for the Manchester suicide bombing. A lone bomber detonated a homemade device packed with nuts and bolts in the foyer of the Manchester Arena as thousands of young people were leaving a concert by
The East Lancashire NHS Hospital Trust has said it is treating some of the victims of the Manchester terror attack. John Bannister, Director of Operations at East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust said: “Following the blast at the Manchester Arena last nigh
- 05:56 Is this really Liverpool's best new building?
- 05:56 Massive disruption to train travel planned for bank holiday weekend
- 05:56 Man and teenager to stand trial accused of murdering Walton dad...
- 05:55 Hull's Princes Quay security team who helped catch gang who stole...
- 05:55 Hull Street Angels launch dry bar to help people stay sober in city...
- 05:55 Mystery Land of Green Ginger crate unearthed in Hull pensioner's shed
- 05:55 Owners of popular Hull fish and chip shops open Fab Fish on Parkway...
- 05:55 Marco Silva's Hull City exit may not be a surprise but it makes it...
- 05:55 Premier League's top 10 most tweeted about moments of the 2016/17...
- 05:55 Marco Silva has told Hull City he's stepping down as head coach...
- 05:55 Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo trying to block Manchester...
- 05:55 Cruel Hull carer Sandra Bowes made pensioner pay for her £1600...
- 05:55 Hull restaurant owners hurt in Manchester Arena terror attack
- 05:55 Gang of men in silver car terrify teenage girls in west Hull
- 05:55 Manchester United can't expect this of Marcus Rashford - Ryan Giggs
- 05:53 The great London property squeeze
- 05:51 HMS Coventry: How and why was she sunk during the Falklands War 35...
- 05:51 Coventry Telegraph Business Awards 2017 launches - how to enter
- 05:51 Jaguar Land Rover is making more than £182,000 AN HOUR
- 05:51 Teen with 'bad record' for violence bit and head-butted prison...
- 05:51 Theresa May anti-hunt protester flees Wales because of 'death threats'
- 05:50 Manchester United star Henrikh Mkhitaryan set this record in Europa...
- 05:50 LATEST COURT RESULTS: Worksop and Retford
- 05:45 We were once likened to a 'banana republic', so why does Birmingham...
- 05:45 General Election 2017: The millionaire donors who have backed the...
- 05:45 Tide turning for Aston Martin on back of DB11 success
- 05:45 Digital sector 'will create 14,000 West Midlands jobs'
- 05:45 Assay Office could be stopped from using anchor mark abroad
- 05:44 Microsoft to buy cyber security firm Hexadite for $100 million: report
- 05:44 China's Lenovo fourth quarter profit falls 41 percent, beats estimates