News from Pendle Today
One third of eating disorder sufferers do not receive referral to a mental health service, despite clear medical guidance that stresses the need for immediate referral. The research from eating disorder charity, Beat, to tie in with Eating Disorders Awar
Love blossoms in the air at the Pendle Hippodrome for the company’s latest production. “The Pajama Game”, a musical based on the novel “7½ Cents” by Richard Bissell, deals with labour troubles in a pajama factory. In the midst of this, love blossoms betw
The Bancroft Mill Engine Trust steam museum in Barnoldswick has announced a raft of new 'Steaming Dates', offering the chance to see emblems of Lancashire's industrial past in action. The mill is open from 11am to 4pm, with guided tours available at 1pm
Motorists in Burnley are being advised to avoid the Colne Road area after a serious accident involving three cars. It is believed a male driver collapsed at the wheel and struck two other vehicles. He was subsequently taken to hospital. The two other dri
A 28-year-old woman who went missing from Colne in January has been found. Kirsty Holt, who had last been seen in Preston city centre on January 18th, has made contact with her family. Lancashire Police expressed its thanks to everyone who helped with it
A traffic diversion is in place following an accident in Burnley this evening. Police and paramedics are at the scene of what is believed to be a crash on Colne Road, Burnley. A traffic diversion is in place from Sainsbury's supermarket to The Co-operati
An elderly woman has been rushed to hospital after colliding with a car in Burnley. The woman, aged in her 70s, suffered facial injuries which were not thought to be life-threatening, when she collided with a blue Daihatsu Sirion just after 1pm near the
Police have released a CCTV image of two people they want to speak to in relation to a theft in Burnley. Officers would like to speak to both people in this picture about the theft of a purse in Burnley town centre on Wednesday, February 22nd. If you kno
Fans of grassroots football are celebrating after it was revealed that the final whistle has not been blown on free pitch hire for junior teams in Pendle. Pendle Borough Council members decided in the last minute not to implement officer recommendations
ALL HAIL HYENA! are a postpunkmathrockgaragemetal trio from Burnley tipped 'Ones To Watch for 2017' by Louder Than War and making their own HYENAZINE. Live shows are an intense and colourful experience; a sumptious feast for the eyes, ears and soul. Memb
Pendleside Hospice is hoping to bring a splash of colour to Burnley in September with the launch of the Burnley Colour Dash. More than 1,500 people are expected to take part in event at Thompson Park, which is the first of its kind in the area. Over the
The Met Office have issued a yellow severe weather warning for rain in Lancashire. Residents in Lancashire have been warned to expect heavy rain all day on Saturday with the possibility of localised flooding and minor travel disruption. The latest weathe
An incensed father-of-four seeking to collect a debt has kicked in the door of the woman who owed him the money and verbally abused her, a court has heard. Mohammed Ashraf (38) turned up at the woman's rented property on Beaufort Street in Nelson at arou
Borderline Theatre Company’s hilarious show this week is the perfect vehicle for continuing discussions on today’s uncertain political world of “alternative facts” and bumbling authority. The group’s fun and zealous staging of Accidental Death of an Anar
A 60-year-old Nelson man has appeared before Burnley magistrates, accused of breaching a sexual offences prevention order and making an indecent photograph of a child. Michael James Guy faces four charges relating to the SOPO - allegedly having unsupervi
- 05:37 Fire crews attacked dozens of times in Staffordshire and Derbyshire
- 05:36 Driver 'couldn't find space in HALF EMPTY free car park'
- 05:33 Motorists face £200 fines and SIX penalty points for using phones...
- 05:33 FarGo Village café owners boycotted by residents confusing them...
- 05:33 Chelsea star: Why I can’t wait to go to West Ham’s London Stadium
- 05:33 Carragher: Why Ibrahimovic deserves Player of the Year award ahead...
- 05:31 Gary Neville reveals the world superstar he wants to see sign for...
- 05:29 Judge to deliver conclusions at inquest into deaths of Tunisia...
- 05:28 Nordic-Baltic 5G telecoms cooperation to be unveiled Tuesday: Norway
- 05:27 Pancake Day 2017: Nation's favourite Shrove Tuesday filling revealed
- 05:26 England Rugby legend Martin Johnson to visit Lincolnshire
- 05:26 Thai palace fires "extremely evil" official
- 05:23 Starbucks bets on super premium 'Roastery' to lead Italy debut
- 05:22 Earn £8 an hour making coffee and 6 other new and varied jobs...
- 05:22 What do Parliament committee clerks do?
- 05:22 Australia Post CEO says he feels sorry for Pauline Hanson over pay...
- 05:21 Man arrested in NSW town of Young over alleged missile advice to Isis
- 05:21 Jose Mourinho has made this change from Louis van Gaal's time at...
- 05:21 Champions League winner opens up on big Liverpool decision
- 05:20 Kings of England: Which clubs have won the most domestic major...
- 05:20 Man City news and transfers LIVE Pep Guardiola press conference...
- 05:20 Manchester United news and transfer rumours Zlatan Ibrahimovic...
- 05:19 Seven jobs in Liverpool you can apply for now
- 05:19 Dovecot thug attacked West Ham fan with a brick
- 05:19 Mark Hillman murder: Hunt continues for mystery fourth suspect
- 05:14 Driver in dock accused of causing 'life-changing spinal injuries'...
- 05:14 Theresa May faces opposition over plan to change disability benefit...
- 05:14 Vulnerable young people put at risk by council decision, charity...
- 05:12 China says it has received its largest foreign drone order - Xinhua
- 05:12 Police detain teen found 'off his head' at train station