News from Pendle Today
A fabulous time was had by a new generation of mini Bake Off stars as they decorated cupcakes for a competition held during Nelson Food and Drink Festival. First prize was presented this week to the winner of the “Cakelicious” children’s cake decorating
Nine new homes could be built on the former ambulance station site in Barnoldswick. If approved, alongside two resubmitted applications which have been put to Pendle Council again, it could mean an additional 63 homes built in the West Craven area. Graha
A group of lucky Barnoldswick schoolchildren were treated to a VIP visit when Burnley FC’s star midfielder Jeff Hendrick stopped by. Jeff was dropping in on the pupils at St Joseph’s RC Primary School to present them with certificates and to congratulate
Here is a list of fun events coming up this weekend. FREE: Lightpool Festival, Blackpool, October 29 to November 2 Families are invited to enjoy a walking tour of more than 20 art works inspired by Blackpool’s history and iconic building works. The festi
Tenor Morris Horsfield has notched up 50 years of being in fine voice with the Colne Orpheus Male Voice Choir. Members gathered to celebrate his accomplishment which has seen him perform many duties over the years including secretary, chairman, press off
Police are investigating the actions of a group of “idiotic” youths who were seen throwing fireworks into the road and passing vehicles in Brierfield earlier this evening. Sgt Shaun Pearson, of Nelson, Brierfield and Barrowford Police, said reports had c
Police are treating a house fire that happened earlier today as arson. A 45-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and arson following a blaze at a Nelson mid-terraced house in the early hours of this morning. He is still in custo
A community stalwart in Earby has won a prestigious prize for a lifetime of service to the town. Dorothy Bullock has been announced as the winner of the Rev. Malcolm King Award 2016. Although presented by the Earby and District Churches Together group, i
A horse walks into a bar. No punchline, just a video of a Burnley fan casually riding his horse into a rocking Princess Royal following yesterday's dramatic 2-1 win over Everton. Scott Arfield's 90th minute winner no doubt left many inside Turf Moor feel
Three Pendle charities got a boost as Pendle’s Mayor and Mayoress for May 2015 – May 2016 handed over cheques to their chosen causes. The three charities chosen by Pendle’s former Mayor and Mayoresses, Coun. Nawaz Ahmed, his wife Mrs Azmat Ahmed and daug
BEWARE! A weekend of ghoulish fun is ahead - take part at your peril. The aptly named Boo Fest takes place at Botany Bay on Friday October 28 until Monday October 31, inviting children to join in spooky activities, including a pumpkin hunt and a carving
A woman climbed through the back window of her house to escape a blaze that started in her Nelson home in the early hours of this morning. The woman alerted firefighters to the incident at around 2-30 am and they subsequently spent two and a half hours f
A one-time career crook whose offending is said to be “slowing down” stole a £125 coat from Boundary Mill in Colne – where he was barred from. Burnley Magistrates’ Court was told how ex-drug addict Axis Robertson (41) was last before the court for shopli
A man who attacked a car after a night of drink and drugs caused £800 damage, Burnley magistrates heard. The court was told how Stephen Craig (22) who had mental health issues, did not know the victim Jeremy Bradshaw and his actions were described by his
Campaigners who feared that a gem of a Lancashire theatre had seen its last curtain call were celebrating after plans to auction it off were scrapped. News that the Empire Theatre in Cow Lane, Burnley, had been given a reprieve from the auctioneer's hamm
- 13:28 COURT RESULTS: Worksop and Retford
- 13:27 Man exposed himself on trains stopping at Sheffield and Chesterfield
- 13:27 Boundary Commission debating radical parliamentary shake up for...
- 13:27 Fake police handcuff and beat woman
- 13:27 Tata replaces Cyrus Mistry as chairman with Ratan Tata
- 13:27 Woman sends official rejection letter in response to dick pics
- 13:27 Attention all anxiety sufferers: you can now get relaxing...
- 13:25 40 common treatments are a waste of time, say doctors
- 13:25 South Tyneside brain tumour sufferer planning wedding after drugs...
- 13:25 Former Burton Albion defender named new manager of Shrewsbury Town
- 13:24 Justin Bieber storms off stage in Manchester due to fans screaming
- 13:24 Toys R Us is having a half term fancy dress party - with free...
- 13:23 Microsoft blames 20% UK price hike on falling pound after Brexit
- 13:23 Cobham shares tank as defence firm issues second profit warning in...
- 13:23 Mixed bag for manufacturers as weaker pound lifts exports but...
- 13:23 Man who stole grandmother's Christmas savings jailed
- 13:23 BP General Council Bondy to leave at year end
- 13:23 PICTURES: Huddersfield Town fireworks display fills night sky with...
- 13:23 Climber told family ‘I know my limits’ before falling to his death...
- 13:23 'An abhorrent attack that shocked Glasgow': Top cop slams bottle...
- 13:22 Gary Lineker slaps down Kelvin MacKenzie over S*n migrant row and...
- 13:22 Home Screen Home: Welsh student buys mobile in China...and finds...
- 13:22 North Wales student caught up in Calais Jungle camp tear gas attack
- 13:22 Five-year-old is hospital’s youngest fundraiser
- 13:22 Walloons hold up key EU pact with Canada
- 13:22 Gunfire, protests erupt in Central African Republic capital
- 13:22 Former Wasps star Edd Shervington puts chicken farm and singing...
- 13:21 World health leaders urge junk food ads ban on TV shows appealing...
- 13:21 Group’s probe into dentist offerings
- 13:20 Want to work here? New jobs available at Bradgate Park - here's how...