News from Pendle Today
A fourth time drink-driver almost twice the limit has been given a curfew and has been banned from the roads for two years. Burnley Magistrates' Court heard how Kurt Paul Stephens (53) blew 53 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The leg
A 35-year-old woman has died after being found unresponsive in the cells of a Lancashire police station. The woman was taken to Greenbank police headquarters on Whitebirk Drive in Blackburn after being arrested in Darwen on Saturday, December 3. At aroun
You could liken the depiction of dementia by Riding Lights Theatre Company to the tie-dye skies of winter: bleakness cracked by sunlight. Simeon’s Watch explores the impact of the illness on three generations of a farming family: Rina, Leah and grandfath
Here is a list of upcoming events this weekend. FREE: Croston Fair, Sunday December 11 The fair will be held throughout Croston, with craft stalls at the old school, community centre, church and primary school together with entertainers, food stalls, the
Burnley’s McDonald’s drive-through has been given a makeover. The Burnham Gate McDonald’s restaurant near the Weavers’ Triangle is undergoing a transformation following local business owners Victor and Karen Arciniega’s investment. The restaurant will al
Burnley is set to welcome Syrian refugee families in the New Year. A number of families will be relocated to the area as Burnley Borough Council pledged to do its bit to help those in desperate need. The council’s Executive Committee will meet in January
The Conservative group has tabled a vote of no confidence in the Leadership of Pendle Borough Council, which will be put to a vote on Thursday, December 15th. If it is successful, the Leader of Pendle Borough Council, Coun. Mohammed Iqbal, will be remove
Members of the public are being warned to be vigilant after a cold call scam in Burnley. Johnston Press has been notified of a fraudulent caller using the Burnley Express name to extract card details. The caller was very convincing using language the cus
Premier League football club Burnley FC is hosting an awareness-raising day for Samaritans on Saturday 10 December 2016, when The Clarets welcome AFC Bournemouth to Turf Moor. Players from both teams will warm up for the game in the charity’s distinctive
A terminally ill RAF serviceman has received a Station Commander’s Commendation for his fundraising efforts, which have seen him raise over £13,000 in three weeks. Shahbaz Saleem (27), from Reedley, was diagnosed with terminal bowel cancer last year and
A special service of remembrance will be held at Burnley Crematorium for people who wish to remember a loved one at Christmas. The service this Saturday will be run by celebrant Angela Riding and is the first of its kind to be held at the crematorium wit
Police are appealing for help to identify a man after a schoolgirl was approached and touched inappropriately on her way to school. The 13 year-old was walking through the subway between Gala Bingo and Burnley Bus Station at about 7-50am yesterday (Tuesd
It is one of the dilemmas of the Christmas countdown just what do you get for that person in your life who has everything. A personal shopper might just have the answers. Mike Hill reports Feeling the strain of the Christmas shopping season? Is pressie-h
Drivers have been warned to be especially careful on the M65 between junctions 7 and 8 after a large fire has caused smoke to billow across the motorway. According to Lancashire Fire services around 400 vehicles are currently on fire at Excell Recycling
Trawden’s former library building is set to gain a new lease of life under the stewardship of the voluntary community centre group. It is expected to become a co-operative shop, post office and community library today when a decision on transferring the
- 09:44 Laura's creation becomes MP's Christmas card
- 09:43 Messages of support continue to flood in after heartbreaking news...
- 09:41 Justice secretary praises our killer drivers campaign
- 09:41 Man has part of ear bitten off in nightclub assault
- 09:41 Chinese view £800m Fylde coast power plant project
- 09:40 Police appeal to find missing teenager
- 09:40 Fairfax unit sells more shares in Bank of Ireland
- 09:40 Speeding up links to new health site
- 09:40 Latest transfer news: Arsenal, Chelsea Manchester United and City...
- 09:39 Verdict expected in hate speech trial of Dutch politician Wilders
- 09:38 Justice secretary praises our killer drivers campaign
- 09:38 Anti-cyberbullying sensation heads to Burnley
- 09:38 Man has part of ear bitten off in nightclub assault
- 09:38 Tony Pulis names Chelsea stars Diego Costa, Pedro and Eden Hazard...
- 09:37 Northampton fireplace showroom plans to add 130-seat Italian...
- 09:37 Police appeal to find missing teenager
- 09:36 'Please come home, the whole family is missing you': Wife's...
- 09:36 Freeman Street trader had secret stash of 19,000 fake cigarettes...
- 09:35 An invigorating look at dementia
- 09:35 Investigation launched into death of woman in police custody
- 09:35 Drink-driver before the courts again
- 09:34 ‘Justice has been served’ - Louth stabbing victim speaks out after...
- 09:34 Medical director Suneil Kapadia to leave trust which runs Grantham...
- 09:33 Chelsea ace issues advice to Blues pal: Do this and you can go to...
- 09:33 Turkey to hold referendum next spring on stronger presidency -...
- 09:33 In Trump stronghold, factories are humming but paychecks are thin
- 09:31 Far-right troll Joshua Bonehill-Paine jailed for vile abuse of MP...
- 09:31 Supermarket chain opens pilot store in city
- 09:31 Can Mr Banwait specify what 'achievements' he is proud of?
- 09:31 Design studio provides champion branding