News from Pendle Today
A teenager who broke a car windscreen in Earby after a row must pay the victim compensation, magistrates court has heard. The 19-year-old James Parfitt struck, damaging the wing mirror of the Volkswagen Golf on Goodall Close in Earby on the morning of Ma
Blindfolded and dropped miles from home, a pair of intrepid Pendle pals had to rely on their wits to return home in the latest of a year long set of challenges. A brave New Year's resolution saw singer John Hindle (25) and nurse David Smith (30) ask the
After being rated as 'Outstanding' in all areas in its latest Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS) Report, a Barnoldswick school has vowed to maintain its lofty standards to give the pupils the best education it can. After its i
The charity that looks after many of the rivers and canals across Lancashire is urging people, especially teenagers, to stay out of the water this summer and find alternative ways to cool down. The Canal and Rivers Trust, which looks after the Leeds and
The Drunken Dragons are sure to be flowing when Smackwater Jacks celebrates turning 40 years young this weekend . The iconic Burnley bar has been the place to go for thousands of revellers from across the North-West for a memory-filled four decades. Laun
The three companies which will bid to run trains on the West Coast Mainline have been announced today. The winning company will be responsible for services on the West Coast Main Line from April 2019 and will design and run the initial HS2 high speed ser
Champion fund raiser Wayne Fulton, a member of the Burnley and Pendle Strongman, is staging a second event in memory of a toddler whose tragic fight against cancer captured the hearts of the UK. Champion fund raiser Wayne Fulton, a member of the Burnley
The Lancashire Science Festival was a blistering success at the weekend. Hosted by Burnley College and UCLan Burnley the two day event drew in thousands of visitors who were able to watch and take part in a series of experiments, shows and educational ac
A grand finale concert will round off a spectacular event where budding singers have been encouraged to make their voices heard. The Voices of Craven concert takes place this Saturday (June 24th) and music lovers from across the North West are expected t
Tributes have been paid to a young Brierfield man who has died after a brave battle with cancer. University student Mr Ali Hassan (19) died in the Christie Hospital, Manchester, from a rare form of blood cancer. His funeral on Sunday at the Sultania Mosq
A 68-year-old Brierfield man with terminal cancer has dedicated himself to completing his first ever 10k to raise as much money as he can for Pendleside Hospice. Barry Newton was diagnosed with terminal lung and bowel cancer three years ago, and has sinc
A yellow weather warning for torrential rain, hail and thunderstorms has been issued for the north west, say the Met Office. Forecasters warn that the stormy weather could see some areas affected by localised flooding with a possible disruption to power
Towneley Park is gearing up for the annual classic car show this Sunday. Car fanatics will be in for a treat with more 300 classic vehicles and motorbikes on display from 11am. The action-packed day will include lots of refreshment stalls and entertainme
A stunning roof garden should lift the spirits of patients, visitors and staff of a community hospital thanks to department store staff. Pendle Community Hospital in Nelson now boasts a renovated roof garden, after it was spruced up by a team of communit
A cheeky craze has taken off with the soaring temperatures - of people baring their BUMS across Britain. The sizzling sunshine has seen men and women uploading photos of their backsides to an Instagram account called Cheeky Exploits. It is dedicated to '
- 15:01 New Calais hostel for immigrants wanting to get into UK scrapped
- 15:01 Japan sends its largest warship into the South China Sea as...
- 15:00 Conor Murray confident Lions can break Eden Park fortress
- 14:59 Owner of dog who bit man in park wanted by police
- 14:59 Can you tackle yobs after three-months of attacks in two parks?
- 14:59 Ambulance crews take casualties to hospital following Northampton...
- 14:59 Broken pavements leave Grantham neighbours scared to go out
- 14:59 Warning to parents as Snapchat can share your child's exact...
- 14:59 Mohamed Salah will be a hit at Liverpool, he never had chance...
- 14:58 Antiques expert Eric Knowles heading to Workington for fundraiser
- 14:57 Police appeal after man grabs boy in Leeds
- 14:56 Thousands urged to contact Hotpoint over fridge-freezer that caused...
- 14:56 Warning to parents as Snapchat can share your child's exact...
- 14:56 Independent festival to return to Harrogate's Valley Gardens
- 14:55 Police appeal after man grabs boy in Leeds
- 14:55 Warning to parents as Snapchat can share your child's exact...
- 14:54 Independent festival to return to Harrogate's Valley Gardens
- 14:54 Man with unimaginable rage jailed after murdering girlfriend’s son,...
- 14:54 Derbyshire group marks 11-year milestone
- 14:54 Warning to parents as Snapchat can share your child's exact...
- 14:53 Dive-bombing seagulls expelled from school after attacks on kids...
- 14:52 Anne With an E season 2: When is new series released on Netflix?
- 14:52 UPDATE: Woman seriously sexually assaulted in early morning...
- 14:52 Warning to parents as Snapchat can share your child's exact...
- 14:52 LETTER: Petition - put an end to dementia tax
- 14:51 Al-Nahyan trial: UAE princesses guilty of servant abuse
- 14:51 Thousands urged to contact Hotpoint over fridge-freezer that caused...
- 14:51 Warning to parents as Snapchat can share your child's exact...
- 14:51 Patrols increased after man finds 'racially aggravated' graffiti on...
- 14:50 Thousands urged to contact Hotpoint over fridge-freezer that caused...