News from Oldham Chronicle
SWINDON 0, ATHLETIC 0 ATHLETIC took a hard-earned point after sustaining a first-half barrage at the County Ground. Connor Ripley had to make several saves as Swindon – entering this game on the back of five straight defeats – started impressively. Nicky
A GANG who attempted to rob an Oldham jewellers with an imitation firearm before being chased out of the shop have been jailed for 21 years. Mohammad Irslan Salim (29), of St John's Gardens, Bury; Asif Iqbal (22), of Milnrow Road, Rochdale; and Adnan Akb
A £30MILLION boost in funding will see hundreds of new health professionals employed by The Pennine Acute Hospital's NHS Trust. Hundreds of nurses and midwives will be recruited across the trust's four hospitals in Oldham, Bury, Rochdale and North Manche
A TEENAGER celebrated his 16th birthday by taking to the skies to fly an aircraft single-handedly - a year before he can begin learning to drive a car! Harry Tait, a pupil at Wardle Academy in Rochdale, started taking flying lessons at the age of 14 and
LABOUR comfortably retained its seat in yesterday's by-election in Failsworth East with Paul Jean Jacques winning 829 votes (58.3 per cent) beating second place Antony Cahill, of the Conservatives (360 votes, 25.3 per cent) and UKIP's Nicholas Godleman a
LAZY and selfish flytippers dumped a mountain of rubbish, including mattresses, a fridge freezer and carpet just metres away from Oldham's recycling plant. The huge quantity of waste has been left at land off Hargreaves Street, just 50 metres away from t
CATERING students from Oldham tasted success as they earned a place in the national finals of the Country Range Student Chef Challenge. Hopwood Hall College students Marcus Carter-Strutt, from Springhead, and Kyle Rosebury, from Shaw, and Lucinda Lageard
OLDHAM Athletic's youth team have highlighted a campaign which raises awareness about skin cancer. The squad queued up to be screened for melanoma at an event which was co-organised by the Professional Footballers Association (PFA) and Melanoma UK. Team
ANOTHER new car park could be set to open in the town centre after plans to transform the former Oldham Sports Centre site into a 234-space facility were announced. An application for full planning permission to extend the existing car park on Rock Stree
STUDENTS have been picking up tips on everything from CV writing to making the right contacts at an employability week at University Campus Oldham. The packed programme of activities for final year students aims to make sure they have the best possible c
COUNCIL tax will rise by an average of an extra £5 as Greater Manchester's Mayor and Police and Crime Commissioner looks to protect policing and maintain officer numbers despite cuts. After GMP lost £5.7 million funding from the government this year, Ton
A GYM manager is hosting an open day in aid of a charity which helped save her daughter's life. Manager of Oldham Glo Gym Caroline Johnson will hold a Push Pump Spin event tomorrow for the British Heart Foundation, which celebrates Heart Month throughout
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after shots were fired at a house in Hathershaw. A group of up to 12 men had arrived at the property in Wellbank Close in two cars at about 10.30pm on Wednesday and banged on the front door. They left, but returned shor
A WOMAN was trapped in her car after colliding with a lorry in Shaw. Church Road was blocked near the Big Lamp roundabout following the incident at 2.20pm yesterday. Traffic backed up, and bus services were diverted as emergency services attended the sce
A SPATE of vandalism on several cars in a quiet Chadderton street has left distraught residents mystified as to why they are being consistently targeted. Taxi driver Mohammed Habibur Rehman, who has lived on Maple Close since 2011, contacted the Chronicl
- 04:51 China stocks rebound on hopes of speedy pension fund investment; HK...
- 04:41 New Zealand court rules Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom can be...
- 04:40 Conor McGregor launches blistering attack on Floyd Mayweather: He's...
- 04:39 North Korea Kim Jong-nam killing: Malaysia recalls Pyongyang envoy
- 04:36 Hong Kong union joins critics of McDonald's HK, China sale, sees...
- 04:34 Philippines' minister stands by call to shut mines ahead of review
- 04:32 ALPS TERROR FEARS: Police hit the slopes amid fears jihadis are...
- 04:31 Final Fantasy 15 update 1.05: Square Enix set to begin rollout as...
- 04:30 Arsene Wenger: Defeat made me physically sick
- 04:27 U.S. inquiries into Russian election hacking include three FBI probes
- 04:21 Arsenal or Sutton? Lincoln boss Danny Cowley reveals who he wants...
- 04:14 Islamic State posts video of man it says was Egypt church bomber
- 04:14 Brexit: Lords to begin debating bill to trigger Article 50
- 04:12 How this angry shop owner is taking to to the thieves with his...
- 04:00 Manchester United want to sign this Real Madrid star after Antoine...
- 03:54 Tillside residents to be surveyed
- 03:44 Snap IPO expected to price March 1 after market closes
- 03:43 North Korea set for US SHOWDOWN as officials prepare landmark talks...
- 03:40 The Walking Dead season 7 episode 10: New Best Friends was an...
- 03:30 Activision news: Call of Duty 2017 setting update, Crash Bandicoot...
- 03:21 East Ukraine ceasefire due to take effect
- 03:15 Hitler's phone sold for $243,000 at US auction
- 03:13 Hain launches Brexit Bill bid as Lords debate Article 50
- 02:58 Sportsmail's Boxing Correspondent Jeff Powell scoops Reg Gutteridge...
- 02:47 Nikkei slips on yen, uncertainty on Trump policies
- 02:44 China coal firms to discuss moves to stabilise output on Tuesday -...
- 02:38 Donald Trump: MPs debate president's state visit to UK
- 02:33 Syria conflict: Rebels warns truce may collapse after attacks
- 02:26 Washington prepares to bring North Koreans to U.S. for talks - report
- 02:20 Angelina Jolie cries on BBC as she speaks about divorce from Brad...