News from Oldham Chronicle
THE Oldham branch of the RSPCA has appealed for help as the charity faces a £200,000 funding shortfall for its new home. A £1.7million budget was set for the large-scale building project before work began at the new site in Holgate Street, on the edge of
A STAGGERING £230,000 has been raised for charity after 4,000 model trains and carriages acquired by one Oldham collector went under the hammer. The rare items, collected by former Oldham Solicitor and model train collector Antony Adler, had expected to
A TOUCH of Hollywood magic came to Crompton House School when talented dancers held a Night at the Movies-themed show. A total of 128 girls and two boys took part in the annual dance showcase which was packed with numbers to music from films such as Ghos
THE Professional Footballers Association (PFA) has announced the launch of the "Paul Futcher Fund" in an attempt to raise awareness of skin cancer. Following the death of the former Oldham Athletic, Barnsley and Grimsby defender in November...
OLDHAM'S Rio hero Nicola White intends to go for gold again in Tokyo 2020 after being named in the 33-woman squad that will lead England and Great Britain into the next Olympic cycle. Twelve of the gold medal-winning squad remain in coach Danny Kerry's g
ANCIENT Egypt usually springs to mind when mummification is mentioned. It isn't something you would associate with Oldham but one Hollinwood woman ensured she went through the lengthy process and became somewhat of an urban legend. Hannah Beswick, nickna
AN Oldham-based firm will take to the international stage as it hosts its own show on the world's largest faith-based television network. Founders of Vinejuice - a Christian media company focusing on urban culture - will present a 12-week show which will
OLDHAM MP Debbie Abrahams has stated that she does not support the draft Greater Manchester Spatial Framework and has called for the proposals to be "reworked". Responding to the consultation on the controversial plans, which includes...
THE Spatial Framework represents a "significant over development of the north of the borough of Oldham which will damage the character of many neighbourhoods", Oldham MP Jim McMahon has argued. In his response to the GMSF consultation, the...
SIX people could be banned from every pub in Oldham after a crackdown on drug takers and dealers in Saddleworth. The results are revealed in a special report to the Saddleworth and Lees district executive by the Saddleworth Neighbourhood Policing Team in
GRIEF-STRICKEN mourners turned out in force to pay their respects to two young girls who died after a hit-and-run on New Year's Eve. Cousins Helena Kotlarova (12) and Zaneta Krokova (11) were given a poignant farewell yesterday morning, as more than 100
A BRAVE mum who fought for her innocence against false accusations died from a drug overdose before she could see the perpetrators brought to justice. Mum of one Jayne Pearce (23) was found by police after overdosing on alcohol, an anti-depressant fluoxe
VILLAGERS who battled to keep their village post office open have expressed concerns over its sudden closure. Residents who live near the busy premises in High Street, Lees, were puzzled when a notice appeared in the front window a week ago and the door
A PARISH priest renowned for his work to bring different faiths together following the Oldham riots hopes that he will remain after a massive shake-up of the regional diocese. As the Chronicle reported yesterday, four Catholic churches in Oldham are amon
MORE funding and more people on the ground are needed to prevent girls and women becoming victims of violence and sexual exploitation. This was the message from Sarah Champion, shadow secretary of state for women and equalities, when she visited Oldham t
- 06:47 Nikkei rises as financials gain; Toshiba, Takata dive
- 06:46 "Good deed" shopper in court after threatening staff
- 06:46 Labour to decide on Copeland by-election candidate tonight
- 06:46 Former boss: This player has made Man United look like another team
- 06:43 Live breaking news: Fire crews fight house fire in Barrow
- 06:41 Middlesbrough turn down £6m Aston Villa offer for Jordan Rhodes -...
- 06:41 Steven Gerrard: Liverpool have to keep this star at Anfield
- 06:41 Thierry Henry: This Arsenal star could join Bayern Munich - Here’s why
- 06:40 UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 19
- 06:40 Search to find Rushden’s unsung heroes
- 06:40 Tributes paid to former ET worker
- 06:40 Reassurance for Wellingborough residents concerned by number of...
- 06:39 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 06:39 Horrific injuries after yob hurled brick through taxi window
- 06:39 Look: Raider holds knife to throat of Co-op worker in robbery
- 06:38 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Shawcross hails...
- 06:38 Sleep rough for homeless
- 06:38 Drug service expands to Doncaster’s homeless
- 06:38 Improvement is needed for young people
- 06:38 Hartlepool United caretaker Sam Collins will have Pools ready for...
- 06:37 Man United deal eyed after national team warning: Club already in...
- 06:36 Allianz and Standard Chartered form bancassurance pact in Asia
- 06:34 Premier League stats: Who is the fastest attacker in the Premier...
- 06:33 In this week’s Herald . . .
- 06:32 Workers park van over three parking spaces at Morrisons
- 06:32 Spy-cam van patrols past school BEFORE parents break parking rules
- 06:32 Drivers say a complete ring road for Lincoln 'can't come soon enough'
- 06:31 U.S exchanges rent helicopter, drape banner in pursuit of Snapchat IPO
- 06:31 Asian investors see Trump stimulus sweet spot amid protectionism,...
- 06:28 British mothers drinking during pregnancy put us in worst five...