News from Nottingham Post
It's called the Hotter than Hell pizza and is believed to be the hottest ever made by a supermarket in the UK. But does it live up to its name? Food writer LYNETTE PINCHESS takes the challenge. This fiendish limited edition pizza, created especially for
More than 100 new flats could transform a prominent site in Nottingham's historic Lace Market, if planners give the go-ahead. Abode Nottingham Ltd has submitted a planning application to build 115 apartments on High Pavement and Short Hill. The scheme wo
A 16-year-old boy arrested in connection with two serious sexual assaults has been charged. The boy, who can not be named for legal reasons, was arrested earlier today and has been remanded in custody to appear at Nottingham Magistrates' Court tomorrow (
A worried mother died six months after being struck by a car on a rainy night as she ended a hospital vigil at her husband's bedside. Glenda Craig, 65, was wearing a hood and seemed unaware of traffic as she walked towards a bus stop outside King's Mill
A Parliamentary debate will be held next month to confirm the government will go ahead with the electrification of the Midland Mainline on time. The Midland Mainline electrification project had originally set to be ready by 2019 and see quicker, greener
A council home in Nottinghamshire has been 'closed' following complaints of anti-social behaviour. Broxtowe Borough Council obtained a Closure Order from Nottingham Magistrates' Court to stop "nuisance behaviour and criminal activity" at 77...
A Nottingham MP says the company paid £200 million to clean Nottingham's hospital wards doesn't deserve a second chance, after a litany of concerns were levelled against it by hospital management and staff. Carillion, which was awarded the facilities con
Newark Fire Station will be demolished and replaced after 50 years of serving the community, if plans are given the green light. Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service (NFRS) has formally submitted a planning application to rebuild the station. If appro
A new bridge which will extend from the Queen's Medical Centre to its nearby tram stop has been given the go-ahead. Nottingham City Council approved the development for a new pedestrian link bridge which will cost £1.4 million to build. Building work is
A support worker for the homeless must pay £60 for the removal of a message he chalked on Nottingham's Council House. The order was imposed by city magistrates after Joe Robinson admitted causing criminal damage following a "tent city"...
A heartbroken woman from Netherfield fears her cat may have been attacked by a suspected feline serial killer. Leona Crane is investigating whether her cat, Princess, fell victim to the so-called 'M25 Cat Killer' when she was attacked near to her home on
Roadworks as part of major plans to build a new railway station in Ilkeston will take place this weekend. The closure will be on Coronation Road from its junction with Station Street to the roundabout with Millership Way to allow bridge works to take pla
You are suffering and need an appointment with your GP. You dial the surgery phone number for the third time but it's the flu season – and again all you hear is an engaged tone or a recorded message. Nottingham patients can now dodge that particular frus
Supporters of a campaign that aims to help women out of uncomfortable date situations say they would like to see bars and clubs in Nottingham sign up to the initiative. 'Ask for Angela' was created by Lincolnshire Rape Crisis and is already attracting at
A huge retail store selling "every outdoor product imaginable" is set to open in Arnold tomorrow. The Go Outdoors superstore cost £1.1 million, has created 40 jobs and will be the first in Nottingham and is opening in Mansfield Road,...
- 03:24 Nikkei rises, hovers 6-month high as rising yields help financial...
- 02:56 Abuse inquiry dropped investigation into lawyer's conduct
- 02:55 A sick joke! NHS moans about lack of funds but FAILS to collect...
- 02:52 Good news for Honduras' murder capital?
- 02:52 China's forbidden babies still an issue
- 02:52 India Kashmir: The teenager blinded by pellets
- 02:52 Russian bullet train whirrs past bleak lives
- 02:43 Study recommends screening toddlers for heart disease risk
- 02:33 Study recommends screening toddlers for heart disease risk
- 02:31 Heading footballs may cause short-term brain changes
- 02:28 South Korea October exports seen hit by Samsung, Hyundai; output...
- 02:14 Doctors excited by cystic fibrosis therapy
- 02:10 Calais 'Jungle' stragglers and minors spend another night at camp
- 02:08 Quiz of the week's news
- 02:08 The Poles looking to leave the UK after Brexit
- 02:06 'It was winding me up!': The Apprentice's Aleksandra King admits...
- 02:06 Hair today, gone tomorrow! Great British Bake Off's Ruby Tandoh...
- 02:06 Ferne McCann shows off gorgeous womanly figure in chic one-shoulder...
- 02:06 Rita Ora models sexy black underwear in a pulsating teaser video as...
- 02:06 Naomi Campbell shimmers in metallic gold gown... while Kate Moss...
- 02:06 Battle of the boobs! Lara Stone and Irina Shayk go head to head in...
- 02:06 Racy in red! X Factor winner Louisa Johnson leads the Halloween...
- 02:02 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Friday
- 02:00 Dollar stands tall against yen ahead of U.S. GDP data
- 01:53 Oil prices dip on doubts OPEC can coordinate output cut
- 01:44 Trump running mate Mike Pence's plane skids off runway
- 01:41 Liverpool hero takes subtle dig at Man United: How they've helped...
- 01:35 When Joni Mitchell wore blackface for Halloween
- 01:33 Russia denies its warships will join Aleppo bombardment - RIA
- 01:31 Male contraceptive jab 'shows promise'