News from Nottingham Post
A woman who is dying of cancer is desperately trying to raise £50,000 to pay off her home and secure stability for her 17-year-old autistic son. Gina Kerriage, of Newark, was diagnosed with primary breast cancer at Nottingham City Hospital in November 20
These fearless women overcame choppy waters, jellyfish stings and hyperthermia as they swam the North Channel to claim a Guinness World Record. Carlton's Vicki Watson, 47, Newark's Caroline Sims, 43, and Nottingham's Sarah Gatland, 41, were part of a fiv
A teenager has re-lived the harrowing moments he and a group of strangers tried to save the life of a motorcyclist. A man in his 30s died as a result of a crash in Gregory Boulevard today, Sunday, February 19. The horror smash happened at about noon, and
Someone could be sitting on a small fortune as a rare £5 worth up to £50,000 is yet to be uncovered. Birmingham micro-artist Graham Short etched out 5mm pictures on the notes and then spent one each in four of the home nations - Wales, Northern Ireland,
Police are concerned for the safety of a woman who has been missing for several days. Anna Marie O'Brien hasn't been seen since Thursday, February 16, when she was reported missing from the Worksop area at around 7pm. She is described as being of a mediu
How many of our readers remember Plimsoll Terrace? Or what about Connaught Street? They are some of Nottingham's forgotten streets which are no longer around. They feature in our nostalgic look back at life in Radford, Bobbers Mill and Lenton, starting a
An 82-year-old woman has gone missing from Bulwell and police fear she may be confused or disorientated. Norma Spencer was last seen carrying two bags of shopping at the supermarket Morrison's at noon on Sunday, February 19. Read more: Concerns as dead h
A dog owner has been taken to court for not updating the details on his pet's microchip. Animal lover Peter Wagstaff protested about the new law, which obliges him to change the ownership data to his personal details. He had failed to update the chip wit
Emergency services are dealing with a crash on the A52 in Stapleford. An eyewitness has told The Post that the multi-vehicle crash happened close to Bardills Island on the A52 Brian Clough Way on Sunday afternoon. The stretch of road involved links the c
The RSPCA are investigating and police have been called after a dead horse was find in a dyke close to houses. The animal was discovered in a ditch in a field behind Talbot Drive, Stapleford, on Sunday morning. Local residents gathered at the scene and h
A motorcyclist has died following a collision on Gregory Boulevard. The road, in Forest Fields, has been closed near The Stage hotel since around noon and Nottinghamshire Police have now confirmed that a man in his 30s has died as a result of the crash.
After being knocked off his bike in Beeston, Robert Cleave wrote a letter to the Post to thank those who had come to his aid. Here's what he had to say. The Post on Wednesday February 8th carried an article on page 26 about an accident that happened to a
A main road in Nottingham is closed this afternoon following a serious crash. Gregory Boulevard is shut in both directions between Radford Road and Sherwood Rise, close to the Forest Recreation Ground. Police are describing the incident as 'serious', but
Part of Gregory Boulevard has been closed by police following a serious crash. The road has been shut in both directions due to an incident between Radford Road and Sherwood Rise. Traffic is backing up in the area. Read more: Man pulled from River Trent
A main road in the city centre has re-opened after it was closed to allow for a new gas connection to be installed. Wollaton Street was shut from 8am on Saturday while National Grid contractors carried out the work. Contractors moved onto the site on Sat
- 01:46 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte opens up on John Terry selection dilemma
- 01:45 PSG 0-0 Toulouse: Edinson Cavani made to rue missed chances as...
- 01:31 Rangers caretaker boss Graeme Murty says Dundee loss is 'not...
- 01:31 Owen Farrell can lead Lions in tour of New Zealand, say former...
- 01:31 Ireland fly-half Joey Carbery left out of Joe Schmidt's plans for...
- 01:26 Australia’s David Warner does not intend to sledge ‘world class’...
- 01:23 U.S. economy now on 'sound footing' - Fed's Mester
- 01:16 Striking school staff to stage 24-hour vigil in Derby city centre...
- 01:14 MISSION SAS: Special British troops SPEARHEADING Islamic State...
- 01:14 Muslim schoolboys ‘EXCUSED from shaking hands with women’
- 01:13 Shangri-La is in Surrey! Moving to a retirement village 'adds years...
- 01:13 Toddler with leukaemia is saved by world first after scientists...
- 01:13 NHS cuts 15,000 beds in six years: One in ten have been axed -...
- 01:13 How Indians will 'vote their caste' in huge state election
- 01:13 Murder of leader's half-brother shows North Korea getting bolder -...
- 01:03 Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler shows off his scars from horrific...
- 01:03 Harry Kane brushes off knee concerns as he eyes playing in every...
- 01:02 Trump tries to explain remark about Sweden amid ridicule
- 00:57 Pep Guardiola speaks out at treatment of Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger
- 00:54 Sir David Attenborough to present Blue Planet sequel
- 00:54 Single malt Scotch whisky exports top £1bn for first time
- 00:54 Holyrood committee to review 'hedge rage' legislation
- 00:54 Areas of oil and gas off Scotland 'may have been missed'
- 00:50 'Fly high with our lost son': Heartbroken wife pays tribute to...
- 00:50 Arsene Wenger reveals three reasons why Arsenal must fear Sutton
- 00:50 Ipswich striker Freddie Sears: I won't be the forgotten man
- 00:49 North Wales firm secures £82m deal with Ministry of Defence
- 00:42 Eurocrats 'to coax UK into paying £51BILLION divorce bill BEFORE...
- 00:38 SoftBank shares up; sources say company willing to cede control of...
- 00:38 Japan Jan exports rise 1.3 percent year-on-year: MOF