News from Nottingham Post
Police are investigating a stabbing at a Nottingham pub. Officers from Nottinghamshire Police found a man with a stab wound at the Mechanics Arms pub, in Alfred Street North, St Ann's, on Wednesday (July 19) night following reports of a serious assault.
Police have launched an appeal after two bulldog puppies were stolen during a robbery in Mansfield. The puppies were stolen from an address in Thurley Walk shortly after 3pm on Wednesday (July 19). Nottinghamshire Police say that two men arrived at the p
A man has been jailed for seven years after police found a handgun 'partly submerged' in a paint tin and bullets in a toilet bowl. James Norman, of no fixed address, was found guilty of possession of a firearm and ammunition at Nottingham Crown Court on
Shadow chancellor John McDonnell visited Beeston on Thursday to drum up support for Labour's 'permanent campaign trail'. The MP, who represents Hayes and Harlington, met with Labour supporters outside the Beeston Youth and Community Centre, in West End,
Plans which could see a new 'mega' chicken farm built in Nottinghamshire have been submitted to Rushcliffe Borough Council - but the application has already been blasted by animal rights campaigners. The proposed chicken farm - which would house 220,000
The Labour MP for Nottingham South has strongly criticised the reversal of a plan to electrify the Nottingham to London train line. The government had planned to electrify the route, which campaigners felt would have reduced the journey times to the capi
A Jet2 plane was forced to return to East Midlands Airport this afternoon due to a 'minor fault'. The aircraft was destined for Faro in Portugal. Jet2 said that all customers have been transferred to a replacement aircraft. A spokesperson said:...
Police have released shocking CCTV footage which shows an armed robbery at a restaurant in Nottingham. Three men wearing masks broke into the Harvester on Castle Bridge Road at about 10.45pm on July 9. They threatened staff and stole cash and mobile phon
Hannah Pearson's mum said she was 'the most beautiful daughter' as her killer is jailed for 12 years
The mother of a 16-year-old girl paid tribute to her 'beautiful' daughter in court before she watched her child’s killer get given a 12 year sentence. Family of Hannah Pearson sat in the public gallery at Nottingham Crown Court as James Morton was locked
Seven rare bee-eater birds which arrived in Nottinghamshire earlier this summer have successfully bred. It's only the third time the species, which is thought to be moving further and further north due to climate change - has bred in the UK in the last d
A plan to electrify the Midland Mail line has been completely dropped, the government has announced. Business leaders and politicians have condemned the move, which aimed to increase the journey time from Nottingham to London. However, the Government has
A Newark man who was convicted of the manslaughter of a 16-year-old girl has today (July 20) been jailed for 12 years. James Morton, of Pierson Street, was found guilty of the manslaughter of Hannah Pearson following yesterday a trial. Today, a judge sen
Nottinghamshire Police has issued a warning to van drivers after a spate of break-ins in Cotgrave. Various tools had been taken overnight (July 19), and now police are appealing for help in identifying a car acting suspiciously in the area. A Nottinghams
A man is being treated for injuries after a car collided with wall in Mansfield. The incident happened at around 9.20am this morning in Berry Hill Lane. An East Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said a car had collided with a wall - and a patient is c
Carlton Street, in the heart of Nottingham’s creative quarter, is now a buzzing and vibrant place with an artisan bakery and vintage clothes shop. But the year 2008, the depth of the recession, is just a click away on Google Street View, where the street
- 03:36 Glimmer of hope at last for India's vanishing Parsis
- 03:29 Justine Damond's death 'should not have happened'
- 02:42 Manchester United line up vs Man City includes Romelu Lukaku and...
- 02:27 EastEnders: Lisa Fowler to make ‘SHOCK return tonight’ as Louise...
- 02:14 Theresa May urged to intervene in imminent Saudi executions
- 02:07 Carmen Electra granted restraining order against 'madly in love'...
- 02:07 'I was so angry at her': Paddy McGuinness' wife Christine reveals...
- 02:07 A Storm-zy is brewing! Rapper has VERY awkward run-in with Olivia...
- 02:07 Millie Mackintosh is suited and booted in hot pink tuxedo as she...
- 02:07 Cara Delevingne flashes her cleavage in a plunging velvet trouser...
- 02:07 Khloe Kardashian's NBA beau Tristan Thompson tours $9M LA mansion...
- 02:07 All on the same channel! Big earners Lorraine Kelly, Andrea McLean...
- 02:03 Game of Thrones season 7: Kit Harington reveals which character Jon...
- 01:59 Man City convinced they are innocent over Kylian Mbappe claims
- 01:52 Alexis Sanchez treats stunning new flame Mayte Rodriguez to...
- 01:51 Migration policy risks being made in the dark, peers warn
- 01:44 Halle Berry drinks half a pint of whiskey at Kingsman Comic-Con panel
- 01:41 Church of England 'withdrew emotional support for abused'
- 01:41 Princess Diana's belongings to be displayed at Buckingham Palace
- 01:41 Apology demanded after airport terror stop for reading Syrian book
- 01:41 School exclusions: Record numbers for drugs and alcohol
- 01:35 Rethink planned over lack of CCTV in Cumbrian town
- 01:32 Salvador Dali's body exhumed for DNA tests
- 01:32 Siroki Brijeg 0-2 Aberdeen (agg 1-3): Greg Stewart and Gary...
- 01:32 Manchester United vs Manchester City, International Champions Cup...
- 01:18 Andrea Pirlo meets up with his old Juventus team-mates as mercurial...
- 01:13 Louis Tomlinson: Arctic Monkeys inspired my lyrics
- 01:12 London Stadium owners to ignore interest from betting firms in...
- 01:11 Turkey earthquake triggers 'small tsunami'
- 01:08 'Mind-blowing' cows hold clue to beating HIV