News from Northumberland Gazette
Emergency services were called to a two-vehicle crash in Alnwick this afternoon. The incident happened along South Road, close to St Paul’s Catholic schools. Three fire crews – one each from Alnwick, Amble and Pegswood – were called to the scene, after r
Police are appealing for help in tracing a missing 20-year-old Northumberland woman. Jennifer Hillier, from Hextol Terrace in Hexham, was reported missing on Monday at 5.30pm from her home address. She is described as being white, 5ft x 5” tall, slim bui
A long-standing councillor has been appointed onto Warkworth Harbour Commission (WHC) and has vowed to work for the benefit of the town and the port area. And he has been informed that WHC has no intention of closing off Amble pier to anglers after a fir
Plans to transform Alnwick Playhouse into a community hub remain on the table, with negotiations between the key parties continuing. As previously reported, in April last year, an agreement in principle was reached between Northumberland County Council,
Bank customers could soon be forced to pay to withdraw their own cash at ATM machines, following a dispute over who maintains them. Link, which runs Britain's cash machine network, confirmed that it might charge some of its fee-free ATM machines to ones
Police have launched an appeal after 20 rolls of Green High Tensile barbed wire were stolen from an outbuilding in Widdrington. The theft took place between approximately 5pm on Wednesday and 2pm yesterday. Anyone with information about the offence, or a
Two Northumberland towns have each received a £10,000 cash boost, as part of plans to revitalise the Great British coast. Coastal Community Teams will be set up in Amble and Berwick, tasked with producing radical economic plans which create jobs along th
A major fund-raising initiative is being held in aid of plans to transform a key area of Alnwick, as part of a grand horticultural vision for the town. The Alnwick Raffle 2017 will take place next month and is being supported by numerous local businesses
Amble Town Council is to up its precept by £50,000, to pay for CCTV, new and improved signage and crucial repairs to the war memorial. Town Mayor Jane Dargue said that these three issues were dear to the public’s heart and Coun Helen Lewis said that othe
Vegans and the vegan-curious are being offered a wealth of special offers and dining options as North East eateries embrace Vegan Restaurant Week. The celebration of all things plant-based was set up by Emma Phillips, who runs the Canny Food blog, and is
Classic soul songs such as Mustang Sally, Destination Anywhere and In the Midnight Hour will echo around Bedlington this summer as The Commitments are announced as the latest headline act to be featured in the Northumberland Live series of festivals. It’
Police are urging residents to be on the look out for a vehicle which was being driven suspiciously around the Alnwick area last night. The vehicle in question is a red five-door VW Golf GT TDI, registration NV52 FBD. If anyone sees this vehicle being dr
Dangerous second-hand tyres are putting motorists' lives at risk, councils have warned - with a local authority finding one such tyre stocked to be 23 years old. As many as 83% of used tyres in some areas are being sold illegally, the Local Government As
One outline scheme for new homes in a Northumberland village looks set to get the go-ahead next week, while another is likely to be refused. At Tuesday’s meeting of Northumberland County Council’s planning committee, members will make decisions on propos
Concerns about the number of lorries travelling on a small rural road through a north Northumberland hamlet continue to be voiced. For a number of years, the volume of HGVs using the U34 through Detchant, near Belford, to get to the Bedmax plant, has bee
- 20:06 Erin Cross's name chanted by Britain's Got Talent audience
- 20:06 Five things you might have missed in North Wales: January 20, 2017
- 20:05 Burton dad stole from Clipper work colleagues to fund Christmas
- 20:04 Give rugby a try at Halifax Ladies RUFC open training session
- 20:04 Eric Lichaj hopes Nottingham Forest fans' protest does not 'get too...
- 20:04 Fans' protest will not affect Nottingham Forest players' focus,...
- 20:02 Arsenal legend Lee Dixon aims dig at Arsene Wenger as Steven...
- 20:01 Coronation Street birth crisis ahead for Leanne Tilsley – after...
- 19:59 Resident Evil 7 Experience LIVE in UK: Review and top survival tips
- 19:59 BETHANY HILL MURDER TRIAL LATEST: No evidence that Woods...
- 19:59 Trump trade strategy starts with quitting Asia pact -White House
- 19:58 Haiti's president-elect hit with money laundering allegation
- 19:56 Mum writes directly to Derby City Council leader Ranjt Banwait...
- 19:56 BREAKING: Major fire at 'former Doncaster Bloodstock Sales'
- 19:56 Melania Trump left red-faced after awkward encounter with Michelle...
- 19:55 The ultimate weekend getaways: 8 European hotspots you can fly to...
- 19:53 Coventry Bees get 24-hour extension to Brandon Stadium speedway...
- 19:52 Granit Xhaka: This is the real reason for my improved Arsenal form
- 19:51 US Army finally selects a new handgun maker after TEN YEAR search...
- 19:51 Nigel Farage hired by Fox News as a political analyst
- 19:51 The 'Hannibal Lecter' effect is a MYTH: Researchers find true...
- 19:50 When is Man City v Tottenham? TV channel, kick-off time, odds and...
- 19:49 South Korea prosecutors summon another Samsung executive
- 19:48 Villagers raise £3,000 in 24 hours for debt-hit Cumbrian club
- 19:48 Gritters cover Cumbria's roads as temperatures set to plummet
- 19:45 Ban for driver who 'had half a spliff' before speeding
- 19:45 Revellers may no longer be able to drink on the streets of Stapleford
- 19:45 Jennifer Aniston is ditching film to head back to TV: ‘That’s where...
- 19:43 'I'll never give up': Scottish baby bank founder vows to carry on...
- 19:43 Trump inauguration: Compare 2017 with 2009