News from Northumberland Gazette
A classic car that caught national attention when it was featured on the TV programme Car SOS, is helping Rothbury Highland Pipe Band to motor ahead. Tom Mason, 75, from the village, is the proud owner of the striking three-wheeled 1934 Morgan F4, which
Alnwick’s Remembrance Sunday service will take place in St Paul’s Church on Sunday, November 13, at 2.30pm. After the service, there will be a march to the War Memorial for the laying of wreaths which will be followed by refreshments for guests in the No
The parish council will try to save an under-threat payphone, which is in danger of being scrapped. BT is planning to axe 179 public telephones in Northumberland, as part of a nationwide review, following a decline in usage over the last decade. As part
Police are appealing for witnesses after a shop window was damaged in Alnwick. It happened on Victoria Crescent, overnight between 8.30pm on Friday and 10.30am on Saturday. The shop premises is currently empty. Police are appealing for witnesses. Anyone
A bid to create the North East’s first underwater archaeological dive trail, exploring a historic wreck site off the Northumberland coast, has been launched. Nic Faulks, from the British Sub-Aqua Club (BSAC) Tyneside branch, wants to raise £1,000 through
A project to establish a wildflower meadow in Boulmer is ‘finely balanced’. Progress in the scheme has been stalled, due to a delay in obtaining quotes. It means that time is running out to clear and establish the plot before the winter kicks in. If ther
A police chief has admitted that there was a reduced officer presence in Amble over the summer, but insists the situation will improve. Inspector Liz Hall was responding to concerns about the lack of visible patrols on the streets during the busy tourist
A father and daughter, who trekked 65 miles for charity earlier this year, are gearing up for another fund-raising walk in memory of a beloved friend. Derek Allan and Ellie, nine, will be hiking continuously for 10 hours on Tuesday around Ladyburn Lake,
Bids for two small-scale housing developments in north Northumberland villages look set to get the green light tomorrow. An outline bid by the Northumberland Estates for nine dwellings on land to the south of Hillside Road West in Rothbury and a scheme t
A Northumberland wedding venue has been shortlisted for a national style award. The Hilden Style Awards, an online competition dedicated to finding the hidden gems in independent hospitality, healthcare and restaurant design, has chosen Newton Hall, at N
New data published by Public Health England shows that Northumberland has the lowest density of fast-food outlets in the North East. Across the region, the local authority with the highest density of fast-food outlets per 100,000 population is Hartlepool
An Alnwick family is putting fine dining on the menu with a new bespoke catering service. Adele and Ken Johnson, assisted by their daughter Abbie, have launched a Real Taste of Northumberland. The venture sees them create home-cooked meals,made from scra
Holy Island photographer Emma Rothera says high-speed broadband has given her business new focus and helped her to attract new customers. The landscape photographer has transformed the way she works since she signed up to superfast broadband following th
Football stars including Dwight Gayle and Jonjo Shelvey are fronting Newcastle United’s support for Stoptober and are reminding fans that it’s not too late to give smoking the boot for good. Newcastle United is backing the mass quit challenge from Public
Every year, new groups begin at Wooler U3A, reflecting the changing and developing interests and skills of more than 100 enthusiastic members across Glendale. Two newly launched groups (Geology, led by Ann Phillips, and Wine Appreciation, led by Ann Love
- 09:32 Scots tennis player Jamie Murray to receive OBE
- 09:32 Cumbria pylon plan sparks energetic debate
- 09:32 Jamie Murray to be awarded OBE for services to tennis and charity
- 09:32 Morrisons launches in-store pumpkin carving lessons for parents
- 09:31 Chelsea star reveals he's held crunch talks with Antonio Conte
- 09:30 Brains get slacker with age, say scientists - and it could cause...
- 09:29 300 seasonal jobs for Bathgate as Royal Mail opens parcel sort...
- 09:28 Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino pays big compliment to Jurgen...
- 09:28 Brains get slacker with age, say scientists - and it could cause...
- 09:28 City centre street closed after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 09:27 Motorcyclist died after crash on A38 slip road, despite public...
- 09:27 Inside Out to take closer look at NHS diabetes epidemic
- 09:26 Google Pixel vs Samsung Galaxy S7: Best Android phone 2016
- 09:25 Bahrain's Investcorp says to buy 3i's debt-management business
- 09:25 Costa Coffee owner Whitbread's first-half profit rises
- 09:25 Netflix CEO gives conditional approval of AT&T-Time Warner deal
- 09:25 Eyewitness describes harrowing moment Dreamworld rapids ride...
- 09:23 Sean Gregan’s Exclusive PNE column
- 09:23 Secret filming reveals problems relinquishing timeshares
- 09:23 Mourinho preparing Manchester United cull in January transfer window
- 09:22 Noisy students warned to keep quiet - or face prosecution
- 09:21 Look who's 102!
- 09:21 Promising judo star Jamie Death, 11, scoops gold at competition
- 09:21 Passer-by who tried in vain to help Aigburth murder victim: 'I...
- 09:21 Walking over hot coals raises £6,000 for Rainbow House
- 09:21 Lonely Planet puts North Wales #4 in 2017 best places to visit
- 09:21 Green-fingered Alan pens book on life in Preston’s parks
- 09:21 That super hot carb-loving Peruvian chef is now doing naked...
- 09:20 Heaton salon owner 'gutted' after thieves steal luxury ghd collection
- 09:20 Chester Miles of Smiles dinner guests entertained by former...