News from Northamptonshire Telegraph
The new owners of Kettering's Royal Hotel have indicated their plans for the site for the first time. Primetime Property Ltd has put in three licensing applications for the iconic town centre site under three addresses - the Royal Hotel, Emporio Lounge a
Tributes have been paid to a former mayor of the town. Members of Higham Ferrers Town Council have expressed their sadness at the death of former mayor Jill Woodley, who was just one month short of her 103rd birthday when she died. Mrs Woodley was electe
A teenager from Northampton is set to appear in magistrates’ court this morning. He has been charged with Section 18 GBH with intent after a stabbing in the early hours of Tuesday near the Kings Heath pitches. A second male who was arrested in connection
A JustGiving crowdfunding appeal has been launched after equipment for the Corby Highland Games was stolen from storage. The JustGiving page was set up by Keri Tew, a Corby resident and mother of one of the dancers who is participating in the event due t
One of Burton Latimer’s biggest events returns this weekend and promises to be full of family fun. The town’s annual duck race will be held from 1pm on Sunday, June 25, with events taking place in the pocket park. Hundreds of plastic ducks bought by comp
A group of suspected illegal immigrants found in the back of a lorry in Corby included 12 people aged under-18. Further details have been released about the 28 people found in a Greek-registered vehicle making a delivery of Greek yogurt to the Oakley Hay
A man was shot at while walking his dog in Desborough. The 53-year-old victim was walking his dog in the area of grass between Sycamore Drive and Redwood Close at around 9pm on Saturday (June 17) at the time of the incident. He was shot at by an air weap
Emergency services have been scrambled to a main road on the outskirts of Northampton after four cars were involved in a collision. The A43 is closed between the scene of the accident - near Park View, Moulton - and the Holcot roundabout. Three fire engi
A Burton Latimer family have made a heartfelt appeal to the public after doctors were unable to diagnose their son’s life-threatening illness. Ethan Smith was born just before Christmas last year as a healthy boy. But 11 hours into his life he was rushed
The beer is flowing once again at The Queen’s Head in Higham Ferrers after closing for a makeover. Following a three-week closure, The Queen’s Head pub re-opened its doors to customers on Saturday (June 17) with a whole new pub bar concept that bosses sa
Staff and shoppers have helped raise more than £400 towards Lakeland Hospice’s #challenge439 fundraiser. The hospice is raising money during June to help provide more nights of care through its Hospice At Home team, which offers nursing care for the term
Help to decide our 2017 champion. Come on all you curry connoisseurs – we need you to pick your overall winner in our competition. You’ve sampled the sensations, textures and flavours of your favourite local spice restaurants and ground them down to the
Fewer than one in five people in Corby have heard of a major plan which could radically change local health services, according to a survey. NHS Corby Clinical Commissioning Group carruied out its healthcare survey across the population it commissions he
A second person has been taken into police custody after a stabbing in Northampton left a man with serious chest wounds. Officers were called Kings Heath shortly before 4am yesterday morning (Tuesday, June 20) after they received reports of a man 'stumbl
Marks & Spencer (M&S) has revealed the opening date for its new store at Rushden Lakes. The 42,000sq ft store will feature M&S clothing and homeware and will include a large foodhall. Shoppers are invited to grab a glass of fizz and...
- 04:34 Conor McGregor could land another world title if he beats Floyd...
- 04:34 UFC News: White's bold Mayweather v McGregor claim, Bisping talks,...
- 04:16 Nikkei flat as dollar/yen steadies, on track for gains this week
- 04:06 North Korea conducts rocket engine test as ‘part of ICBM...
- 04:06 Bloating cure? THIS prebiotic food is key to healthy gut and flat...
- 04:01 Peru's president eyes pardon for Fujimori after political blow
- 03:46 Revealed: West Yorkshire Chief Constable’s £19,000 travel costs...
- 03:43 Asian shares flat, still on track for winning week
- 03:43 Handgun found in hedges next to Dewsbury primary school
- 03:40 Fatal floods in Hull and Sheffield remembered 10 years on
- 03:38 Revealed: West Yorkshire Chief Constable’s £19,000 travel costs...
- 03:37 Ahmad Zeidan left to rot in UAE prison, claims family
- 03:37 Police funding: Cuts 'threaten ability to tackle mass riots'
- 03:35 Choi Soon-sil : South Korean ex-president's friend jailed
- 03:35 Revealed: West Yorkshire Chief Constable’s £19,000 travel costs...
- 03:32 Revealed: West Yorkshire Chief Constable’s £19,000 travel costs...
- 03:28 North Korea tests rocket engine, possibly for ICBM - U.S. officials
- 03:28 Saints duo snubbed for Lions' first Test
- 03:22 Two Bali jail fugitives captured in East Timor
- 03:15 Handgun found in hedges next to Dewsbury primary school
- 03:08 Revealed: West Yorkshire Chief Constable’s £19,000 travel costs...
- 02:55 Buddy Stephens and Brittany Wagner are back in first trailer for...
- 02:53 Revealed: West Yorkshire Chief Constable’s £19,000 travel costs...
- 02:53 Mexico president calls for probe into alleged government spying
- 02:53 Police appeal to trace wanted suspected sex offender from Wakefield
- 02:53 ‘Total bedlam’ - visitors slammed for blighting Gaddings Dam beauty...
- 02:42 U.S. set to approve India's purchase of drones before Modi visit
- 02:40 Danger map reveals health threat zone
- 02:30 Emmerdale: Leyla Harding sends fans WILD in extremely naughty...
- 02:25 Mexican president denies spying on journalists, lawyers and activists