News from Northamptonshire Telegraph
Northants County Council says it is working with local hauliers after concerns that lorries are not using the official A6 diversion. With the A6 Rothwell-Desborough bypass scheduled to be closed until at least the end of April, lorries should be travelli
An “unpaid army” of grandparents are saving UK families billions in child care costs every year according to the latest research from The International Longevity Centre (ILC-UK) think tank. With the price of child care increasing 20 per cent recent years
Men who drink more than a pint of beer a day over several years may increase their risk of heart disease by prematurely ageing their arteries, new research suggests. The study shows that drinking too much alcohol can affect the elasticity of the arterial
Storm Doris battered the UK yesterday and much of it was captured on video. From planes struggling to land to trees falling in roads and narrowly missing motorists and paddling pools and trampolines taking flight we look at 10 of the most viewed Storm Do
A Kettering care home has been given a rating of ‘good’ by the healthcare watchdog. The Care Quality Commission (CQC) say that Active Support Service Ltd, based in Alexandra Street, is good in all areas. The service provides care for those with dementia,
A shake-up of Wellingborough Council’s senior management team including losing the chief executive role has been criticised by opposition councillors. The authority announced on Wednesday that the role of chief executive, which has been held by John Camp
A man has been taken to hospital after he was stabbed in Wellingborough. The incident took place in Queensway close to Diana House at about 12.30pm today (Friday, February 24). The victim, a man in his 20s, suffered stab wounds to his leg. He was taken t
A man who has spent months trying to rectify a bill which was for another property is still awaiting answers. Steve Rogers first contacted British Gas about his son’s property in Jupiter Way, Wellingborough, last October after receiving a gas and electri
Police have released these CCTV images of a man they believe may have information about a burglary in Haddon Close, Wellingborough. Officers would like to speak to the man pictured and anyone who recognises him is asked to call police. The burglary took
Police have released images of three men who may have information about an assault in Corby. A woman was assaulted by a man in Dunedin Road, between 2.30am and 4am on Sunday, January 1. Police have just released these images but it’s believed these men m
Police are appealing for help to locate this man who they would like to speak to in connection with an assault. It is believed Daniel Spence, 35, of no fixed address, may have information about an assault which happened on February 19 in Kettering town c
Councillors have unanimously agreed to raise the council tax by £5 in Wellingborough. A recorded vote saw the proposed increase given the go-ahead by 28 votes to none at a full meeting of Wellingborough Council last night (Thursday). Speaking ahead of th
Two men broke into a house in Northampton, grabbed a jewellery stand and fled, police have revealed. A spokesman for Northamptonshire Police said the raid happened in Watermeadow Drive, Northampton, yesterday evening (Thursday, February 23). "The...
Corby Council is backing the country’s biggest-ever community clear-up and is asking residents to help make it a success in the borough. The new Great British Spring Clean will roll out for the first time next week, with a view to it becoming an annual e
“Holy cr*p, people are stupid:” Walking Dead actor blasts minister who got Primark to ban “racist” t-shirt
An actor whose catchphrase is at the centre of a “racist” t-shirt row has blasted the Methodist minister who got Primark to ban the garment after he complained. Walking Dead star Jeffrey Dean Morgan has now waded into the row and blasted Ian Lucraft as “
- 12:56 Manchester United vs Southampton LIVE score and goal updates from...
- 12:56 Arsenal and Man City target will cost £59m: Real Madrid and...
- 12:56 Video of Yakubu doing absolutely nothing for two-and-a-half minutes...
- 12:56 West Ham hopeful Andy Carroll will be fit for Chelsea clash in...
- 12:56 Jurgen Klopp hails Adam Lallana's growing influence after Liverpool...
- 12:55 Council wants partner to build new driving range in Bulwell
- 12:55 Villagers struggling to cope around railway station with no car park
- 12:55 Birmingham City: Paul Caddis has found himself a new club
- 12:54 Watch: Dramatic moment axeman is Tasered by cops outside Bullring
- 12:53 Police appeal after dogs found on busy A16
- 12:51 Tottenham still 10 years behind rivals Arsenal, says Martin Keown
- 12:51 CCTV PICTURES: Break in at Buxton Barbers
- 12:50 Costa may be quitting its Bangor High Street shop
- 12:50 Labour rallies around Corbyn after Copeland fallout
- 12:50 VOTE: Your favourite fillings for Pancake Day
- 12:50 Council delays decision on enforcing grave kerb rules
- 12:48 Jose Mourinho opens up on his Chelsea sacking: I thought it was big...
- 12:47 Inside story on award-winning cottage near Whitby
- 12:46 Leicester City target Roberto Mancini appears unfazed by potential...
- 12:46 VOTE: Your favourite fillings for Pancake Day
- 12:46 COLUMN: Digital world opens door to crime
- 12:46 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:46 'I love the beard' Celtic-daft Jay Beatty enjoys superstar meeting...
- 12:45 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:44 Son of football legend Pele locked up in Brazil as he fights drug...
- 12:44 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 12:43 Tottenham v Stoke LIVE: All the action and reaction as it happens...
- 12:43 Amy McKenzie: Heartbroken relatives call killer driver's jail...
- 12:41 Extra patrols around Lenton to combat mobile phone thefts
- 12:41 Kim Jong-nam: VX dose was 'high and lethal'