News from Northamptonshire Telegraph
Supermarket giant issues recall on their Butcher’s selection garlic and herb thin cut beef sizzle steak. Asda has taken the decision after it was found the beef sirloin steak contains milk that hasn’t been declared on the packaging. If you have purchased
Nearly 700 cars in Kettering were checked by cadets in the first two nights of an operation aimed at preventing vehicle crime. The Kettering unit of the Northamptonshire Emergency Services Cadets devised the operation to help prevent the potential crime
A group of teenagers shouted racial abuse at staff after kicking and damaging a restaurant door. Four teenagers kicked and damaged a fire exit door of the Mughal Dynasty Indian restaurant in High Street, Raunds. A police spokesman said: “When staff opene
Quite understandably, many families who have lost loved ones in road accidents would not want to meet those responsible. But for Kettering mum Sue Donnelly, meeting the man who killed her son and his girlfriend was never far from her mind. Sue’s son Step
A house was broken into and items stolen in Kirkwall, Corby, on Tuesday, November 29. An offender entered an unlocked door while the owner was out between 3.15pm and 3.45pm, and made off with items including a PlayStation 4 via a back gate. He was a man
A crowdfunding campaign to help build the world’s first David Bowie Statue is £16,000 short with just 24 hours to go. A total of £84,000 has been raised so far to build the Bowie statue in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, where the great debuted his legendary
It all started with a string of lights on a cherry tree but, 20 years later, the Beetson family home in Wellingborough is adorned with thousands of Christmas lights. This year Karl Beetson is putting on the display at his house in Torrington Road to attr
Dozens of riders descended on Kettering General Hospital to deliver some good cheer to young patients there. Every year the Kettering Massive Scooter Club holds a toy run, where scooter enthusiasts come together and hand over presents for children on the
Heston Blumenthal is launching yet another bizarrely flavoured Christmas product - a banana and bacon trifle. The dessert, part of his Heston from Waitrose range, is a “rich, decadent trifle with layers of banana, caramel, chocolate and rum is topped wit
A woman was struck on the back of the head during a robbery in Kettering. The woman was walking along Duke Street on her way back from the shops in Rockingham Road at about 5.30pm on Saturday (December 3) when she was assaulted and robbed. A police spoke
A pink Traks mountain bike was among the items stolen in a burglary in Shannon Court, Corby, over the weekend. Thieves broke in through the back door some time between 7pm on Saturday, December 3, and 8.30am on Sunday, December 4, and stole the bike, a l
A daily handful of any type of nuts slashes the risk of heart disease and cancer, Britain’s biggest killers. Just 20 grammes - 0.7oz- of walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, pistachios, pecans, Brazil nuts and peanuts cuts risk of coronary heart disease
The over 50s are finding it difficult to see their GP, according to research by Saga Health Insurance which reveals the places in the UK where over 50s say they struggle most to get an appointment with a doctor. In a poll of more than 10,000 over 50s, ha
Councillors are to discuss issuing a notice for repairs to be carried out on a prominent building in Wellingborough town centre. The Hind Hotel will be discussed by members of Wellingborough Council’s development committee at a meeting tonight (Monday).
High Street retailers could be consigned to history by 2050 as virtual reality takes over the way we shop, experts predict. The only time we can expect to be asked “Are you being served?” is when interacting with an artificially intelligent app. The kind
- 18:44 Zlatan Ibrahimovic escapes ban after FA say Manchester United...
- 18:44 Southampton youngster Sam McQueen signs new long-term contract...
- 18:42 Monday Night Football: FA Cup third-round draw and LIVE coverage of...
- 18:42 Snapped: Sanchez, Giroud, Ramsey and co set off for Switzerland
- 18:41 Jesse Lingard and Phil Jones jet off to 'see our fans in Dublin'...
- 18:41 Mario Balotelli revealed to have had a '£1m behaviour bonus' at...
- 18:40 Chinatown fire: Deaths of rough sleepers treated as murder
- 18:38 Amazon unveils plans for grocery shop with no checkouts
- 18:38 Man taken to Royal Preston Hospital after pub assault
- 18:36 Schoolgirl made abuse allegations after Childline workshop - jury told
- 18:36 Roofer sprayed with CS gas after assaulting police officer
- 18:35 'High-speed' police chase after stolen car in Greenwood Avenue, Hull
- 18:35 UKIP's Nigel Farage greeted by large crowds in Sleaford
- 18:35 Arsenal team news: Full Gunners squad for Champions League trip to...
- 18:33 Police keen to trace this man in connection with train bag theft
- 18:33 The Crusader: Beware if you are buying your gadgets from Europe
- 18:33 Trump meets former Vice President Gore in New York - Gore
- 18:32 Eurogroup agrees on short-term debt relief for Greece - France's Sapin
- 18:31 See Guy Martin attempt new record for fastest crossing of China's...
- 18:30 Liverpool old boy grades every Prem team from the weekend - how did...
- 18:27 West Ham United plot huge bid for ex-Tamworth striker
- 18:24 Gegard Mousasi Exclusive: Dutchman reveals who he'd like to fight next
- 18:23 Belvoir Hunt: Police launch investigation after three foxes killed...
- 18:21 How smoking destroys your pet's health: Cats, dogs and even FISH...
- 18:21 Amazon unveils grocery store with NO CHECKOUT: App equipped with...
- 18:21 Child sex claims against youth coach Hugh Stevenson
- 18:16 Is this the best festive creation in Yorkshire?
- 18:16 Nigel Farage hails 2016 as the year 'little people...
- 18:16 Crash causes long tailbacks on M54 in Telford
- 18:13 Police arrest six people in ONE day suspected of trying to reach UK...