News from Northamptonshire Telegraph
Adults in need of care who earn more than £23,250 per year in savings and capital investments will need to pay for their assessment, Northamptonshire County Council papers reveal. The measure - which is subject to a six-week consultation - proposes an ad
A renovated former school in Geddington has gone up for sale. The Old School in Grafton Road, which dates back to 1849, is being sold by its owners for £995,000. The owners believe the school, which is Grade II Listed, closed in the 1980s. The building i
Naked female cleaners are being sought to clean houses for £45 an hour - on condition they do it in the nude. The requirements are laid out in a job ad from a naturist cleaning firm that wants people to clean houses of naturists up and down the country t
More areas of Kettering will be residents’ parking only when new rules come into force next week. From January 27, anyone parking on the public highway in Legion Crescent, Bowhill, 1-7 Windermere Road, West Street and Hazelwood Court will need a permit.
Take a look around your office. If a new study is to be believed, 35 per cent of your colleagues have taken a nap on the job and got away with it. And only 12 per cent say they have had been disciplined by their boss for sleeping at work. The study, with
A Wellingborough man who was caught watching children play football is to be sentenced next month. John Gray, 55, appeared before magistrates in Northampton on Monday (January 16) after breaching a Sexual Offences Prevention Order. The court heard that G
Schoolchildren from across Rushden have been thanked for their help in raising more than £2,000 for the Poppy Appeal. Rushden’s Royal British Legion (RBL) has once again had great support from schools in the area. As well as thanking them for their suppo
Supermarket staff have received a special award in recognition of their support for the Royal British Legion. Poppy sellers are often seen in Wellingborough’s Morrisons store in the lead-up to Remembrance Day, but the supermarket’s support doesn’t stop t
Every effort was made to minimise disruption after complaints about the length of time a stretch of road in Wellingborough was closed, says the county council. Sywell Road, or ‘Mad Mile’ as it is known locally, was closed for a number of months while wor
A Corby businessman is celebrating his 20th anniversary. Easystart Batteries, in St Mark’s Road, was founded by Trevor Horner, 61, in December 1996 from a storage unit in Rutland. Despite a skeleton staff and without an office, the business grew until it
A black and orange Scott Aspect mountain bike was stolen during a burglary in Wellingborough. The incident happened at some point between 6.50pm and 8pm on Saturday, January 14, when the offender(s) entered the hallway leading to a flat in Stream Bank Cl
The average mum will fall ill 324 times over their youngster’s childhood with colds and bugs passed on to them by their offspring, a study has found. An endless cycle of sore throats, runny noses, migraines and sickness bugs means mums are left feeling u
One in 16 people across Northamptonshire has Type 2 diabetes, new figures have revealed. During the past 12 months, figures show that 1,547 people have been diagnosed – an increase of 4.4 per cent on last year. Latest statistics compiled by NHS Digital s
Britain is among the top five countries worldwide for mothers drinking during pregnancy, according to new research. The findings should cause concern, as the researchers have warned of the huge impact alcohol can have on babies’ health, and recommend abs
Do you recognise this man? Police want to speak to him as they believe he may have information about money stolen from a woman in her 80s. The incident happened in Orient Way, Wellingborough, when an elderly woman allegedly had money stolen from her purs
- 20:27 Part of Wilmore Road, Sinfin, shut due to this car fire
- 20:24 Clydesdale Bank to close a third of its branches, cut 400 jobs - union
- 20:24 Goldman could move up to 1,000 London staff to Frankfurt -...
- 20:24 Five injured Arsenal stars in training ahead of Burnley clash but...
- 20:21 Man United transfer deal update: This is when medical will take place
- 20:21 Meet Yasin Ben El-Mhanni: The Newcastle ace who is Neymar and...
- 20:19 Cabinet members opt against plans to rip up Nuns' corner roundabout
- 20:19 Council agree to press on with development of former Cleethorpes...
- 20:19 Humberston Fitties: Council approve offer from bidder over disposal...
- 20:19 Concerns raised over cost of designated travellers' site
- 20:19 Cabinet approves controversial plan for traffic lights at Tollbar...
- 20:19 Eric Bailly reveals Manchester United plan for long-term
- 20:19 U.S. to probe whether Fujifilm violating Sony magnetic tape patents
- 20:19 Chirnside woman to be given award for helping crash victim
- 20:17 Dave Jones named new Hartlepool United boss as chairman Gary Coxall...
- 20:16 Messi and Ronaldo to Arsenal? The 11 stars who almost signed for...
- 20:15 Funeral of RBL fundraiser Bernard Page to be held at Derby Cathedral
- 20:14 S&P, Nasdaq little changed; health stocks weigh on Dow
- 20:11 Club president confirms agreement with Manchester United for winger
- 20:09 Trump U.N. pick echoes his criticism but breaks from him on Russia
- 20:07 Temporary closure of Stratford Library
- 20:07 Simple cosmetic surgery goes horribly wrong leaving woman in hell...
- 20:06 Hartlepool United confirm Dave Jones appointment
- 20:01 'Respected' Elton man electrocuted by power cable missed warning sign
- 20:00 Mum who arranged Christmas dinner for lonely to carry on through...
- 20:00 Rangers winger Barrie McKay happy in Scotland as he admits he is...
- 20:00 Pep Guardiola takes his Manchester City stars to see La La Land for...
- 20:00 Rachael Heyhoe-Flint, former England women's cricket captain and...
- 20:00 Watch: Kings Bromley Show in 1988 featured James Bond's Aston Martin
- 20:00 Diego Maradona revels in Napoli return as club legend shares warm...