News from News Post Leader
Police targeting active burglars across Northumberland and North Tyneside have made 11 arrests. Between Friday, October 14, and Friday, October 21, police carried out raids at addresses in North Shields, Ashington, Blyth and Cramlington of those suspecte
A doorstep message is being used to tackle the problem of underage drinking in Blyth. Members of the town’s Community Alcohol Partnership (CAP) are reminding shoppers not to buy alcohol for under 18s by using a spray-painted message stencilled on off-lic
Landlords and agents from across Northumberland gathered at an annual forum, which took place at Morpeth Rugby Club. Almost 100 of them attended the event, now in its sixth year. It was organised by the county council. It showcased the council’s Private
New data published by Public Health England shows that Northumberland has the lowest density of fast-food outlets in the North East. Across the region, the local authority with the highest density of fast-food outlets per 100,000 population is Hartlepool
Blyth Spartans held on to see off a spirited Stourbridge and extend their unbeaten run to five games as another last-gasp penalty save from Adam McHugh secured a 2-1 win in the Evo-Stik Premier League. Nathan Buddle converted with a leaping header from S
The playing staff at Ashington Cricket Club were given the ultimate tribute at the weekend when chairman Bob Dunning described the summer’s campaign as the best season the Langwell Crescent club has ever had. The Wansbeck outfit bagged six pieces of silv
A superb team performance by Ashington culminated in a stunning victory over Newton Aycliffe on Saturday. The Colliers had the cushion of a 2-0 advantage by the interval courtesy of goals from Ben Harmison and Scott Gunn, then a timely double from David
The MP for Wansbeck has pledged his support for a charity campaign seeking better care for those with incurable secondary breast cancer. Breast Cancer Care believes incomplete data for the number of people with the condition is one of the major barriers
Football stars including Dwight Gayle and Jonjo Shelvey are fronting Newcastle United’s support for Stoptober and are reminding fans that it’s not too late to give smoking the boot for good. Newcastle United is backing the mass quit challenge from Public
A former Blyth Spartans and Northern League star centre midfielder has joined Blyth Town FC as the first team’s assistant manager. Ian Irving, from Cramlington, will work closely with manager Mick Connor to assist his vision to take Blyth Town FC First T
A garage has made it a hat-trick of sponsorship support for young footballers. Blyth-based Kingsway Garages has provided new football strips for Blyth Town Barca for the third year running. The under 14 girls of Blyth Town are playing in the Russell Fost
Head outside one evening this weekend and you may well see the annual Orionids Meteor Shower in the night sky. Gaze upwards and – if the weather remains clear – you’ll be treated to up to 25 shooting stars an hour as the Earth intersects the orbit of Hal
Finchale has appointed a Bedlington resident as its first dedicated business development manager. The independent charity, which was originally founded in 1943 as a rehabilitation and resettlement centre for service personnel returning from active servic
Health and care leaders in Northumberland have signed a historic memorandum of understanding with a leading healthcare provider in India. This agreement will provide further support for a major £1billion programme to transform health and care services ac
Northumberland based not-for-profit business networking organisation NorthEastBiz hosted its own Britain’s Best Breakfast event to raise awareness of unpaid carers in the county and across the UK. This was also part of its activities, in conjunction with
- 10:21 Pedestrian taken to hospital in air ambulance following collision...
- 10:20 Yobs throw bricks off M58 bridge shattering vehicles
- 10:20 Tory MP Nick Boles reveals new cancer fight
- 10:20 Ellesmere Port tourist attraction unveils rare restored boat
- 10:19 Majority of football fans would support gay players at their club,...
- 10:19 Louis van Gaal is my biggest influence says Thomas Muller, as...
- 10:19 Mel Morris spent his cash on Derby County, so now deserves loyalty
- 10:19 Why our council left a tip in the park
- 10:18 Reward offered for Louth dog missing for two months
- 10:18 Lloyds and Anto hit FTSE after results
- 10:17 Blackpool high in write-offs list
- 10:17 Two families fight to raise £50k to for two life-changing ops
- 10:17 Lloyds' PPI bill hits £17bn: Bank's shares slide as it sets aside...
- 10:17 GLOBAL MARKETS-Oil price declines weigh on European markets
- 10:17 Kitten travelled 10 miles in car engine around Shropshire
- 10:16 Antonio Conte reveals what makes a successful three-man defence...
- 10:16 Paul Pogba needs time to adapt to the Premier League, says Jose...
- 10:16 Diane to tee up at The Belfry
- 10:16 Arsenal star sends message to Arsene Wenger: He wants to be...
- 10:15 Great British Bake Off makes its last BBC appearance tonight as...
- 10:15 School life: Enrichment is a big hit with Year 12s
- 10:15 Woman slams 'shocking' behaviour of Arriva bus driver in Tamworth...
- 10:15 BT plans to scrap phone boxes - and offer you free calls and wi-fi...
- 10:15 Nottingham dead baby trial dad told police of spasm
- 10:14 ‘Better than Paul Pogba!’ Fans and pundit rave about new Liverpool...
- 10:14 Man in balaclava tried to steal cash from security guard outside...
- 10:14 Is this Man United's strongest XI? Le Tissier reveals how he thinks...
- 10:14 Arsenal star posts desperate message: He is not very happy
- 10:13 PICTURES: Service of dedication for Isle war memorial
- 10:12 FOOTBALL RUMOURS: Mourinho’s Manchester hell, Rooney chases record,...