News from News Post Leader
A group of students enjoyed a trip of a lifetime on an educational and cultural adventure. A total of 53 students and staff from The Blyth Academy visited New York during their half term holidays. The itinerary included a poignant visit to the 9/11 Memor
A care home has been given top ratings by residents in the latest survey. Astor Court care home, in Cramlington, performed strongly in a nationwide survey – performing above the national average for the fourth year in a row. It was given an overall perfo
A sport volunteer has been honoured for his work coaching youngsters in Ashington. He was awarded a sword for his ‘Service to Sport’ by the City of Newcastle. Fred’s name is now engraved on the sword alongside the likes of Sir Bobby Robson, Brendan Foste
Residents interested in helping develop health and care services are being given the chance to get more involved. Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is holding elections for residents to become public governors of the trust and fill 20 vacancies
A cricket club is aiming for big things on and off the pitch this season. Cramlington Cricket Club has secured more than £180,000 of investment over the last three years. The money has been used to carry out large-scale improvements at the club’s home at
Northumberland County FA is delighted to announce that its 2017 Techflow Group Senior Cup final between Blyth Spartans and North Shields will once again take place at Newcastle United’s St James’ Park on Wednesday 26 April (7:30pm KO). In a repeat of las
A group of apprentices have been digging in to help improve school grounds. Apprentices from the Bernicia Group spent the week giving back at primary schools in Ashington, Morpeth and Lynemouth, as part of National Apprenticeship Week. Shane Harris, Call
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man had to jump out of the way of a quad bike being ridden towards him. The 63-year-old pedestrian was on the pavement in Kinloss Square, Cramlington, at 2.40pm on Thursday, March 16, when a man on a quad bike m
Former miners and their wives in Northumberland are being offered free tickets for a new play about Ned Corvan. The first professional Geordie singer/songwriter, who left a legacy of about 120 songs, wrote a much-loved composition to remember the 204 men
An urgent care centre is to remain closed overnight for another three months. Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust has revealed today that the temporary measure – put in place on December 1 – is being extended. The centre at Wansbeck General Hospi
Last weekend I was invited to open the latest touring exhibition at the marvellous Woodhorn Colliery Museum, but if I am honest, I have to say I wish it was not there at all. Why? Because it portrays what many believe to be one of the darkest ever days i
A junior football club has received significant backing from local businesses as they push for their league title and promotion in the Pinpoint Recruitment Junior Football League. Having achieved Nike’s accredited Partner Club status, Bedlington Town U14
A group of children in Cramlington enjoyed a memorable walk to school last Thursday. And the fun was not over because a special guest put on an engaging performance to weave the important sustainable travel message into famous stories from history. Shank
North-East politicians have relived their experiences of yesterday’s attack in London, with one describing a scene of carnage. The attacker – who has not yet been named – drove a car along a pavement on Westminster Bridge knocking down pedestrians, creat
A unique project is under way to revitalise a town’s market. Blyth Town Council and Northumberland County Council have joined forces on the project, which aims to bring more traders with quality goods on offer for shoppers and visitors. The councils are
- 13:41 CHOKING HAZARD: Products for teething babies recalled due to safety...
- 13:40 Belarus protesters defy ban to march against 'parasite tax'
- 13:40 Boxing hero Mike Tyson reveals how he used to wage psychological...
- 13:40 Germany defender: Why I chose to snub Chelsea boss Antonio Conte
- 13:40 14 films to look forward to in 2017
- 13:38 Man says London terrorist tried to kill him in knife attack 15...
- 13:38 #EU60: Six things you should thank the EU for
- 13:38 Tributes paid to ‘lovely’ teen who died after amateur boxing match...
- 13:35 Barcelona striker Luis Suarez: I like this Real Madrid star
- 13:34 Tributes paid to ‘lovely’ teen who died after amateur boxing match...
- 13:34 Suspicious incident in Bakewell last night
- 13:33 'We will be united or not at all!' Tusk warns of EU obliteration if...
- 13:32 Power Rangers news: Shock reason new movie is RATED 18 in Russia -...
- 13:31 The 'swishing' text message scam is shockingly clever and could so...
- 13:31 Wearside wildlife club picks up national award
- 13:31 New salaries for Sunderland City Council: Who earns what?
- 13:30 Ofcom' plans could cost telecoms providers £185m in compensation...
- 13:30 The new £1 coin is near - but you may not be able to use them...
- 13:29 Central Congo militia decapitates 40 police officers in ambush
- 13:28 Riverdale season 1: Who killed Jason Blossom? Best Netflix fan...
- 13:25 6 independent cafes in Leicester city centre that you must try
- 13:25 Lord Bach launches four year police and crime plan for Leicestershire
- 13:25 Northwich play area improvement scheme gets funding boost
- 13:25 What's the hold-up for house sales in Huddersfield?
- 13:25 Arsene Wenger gives update on new Arsenal contract and reveals...
- 13:24 Pokemon Go ENDLESS EVENTS and TRADING: Why Niantic's shiny update...
- 13:24 Sukie’s party shop boss to retire as business relocates to retail...
- 13:23 Red Nose Day fun in Lancashire
- 13:23 The unusual reason why Emma Willis decided to have a third child
- 13:23 Wolves boss Paul Lambert on the future of Helder Costa