News from News Post Leader
A new winter trail for all the family has been created, thanks to community groups. Woodhorn Museum, near Ashington, is to host Winter Quest: The Frost of Forgetfulness from December 17 to 23. It has been created by award-winning theatre company Unfoldin
Members of Northumberland County Council's Early Years Team got together with partners and service users to discuss the 30-hour free childcare pilot and what it meant to them. The podcast was recorded as part of Northumberland County Council’s commitment
Two charities have benefitted from the generosity of students. Pupils at Cramlington Learning Village raised more than £2,000 for two charities, including Jessica’s Sarcoma Awareness, which has a special connection with the school after being set up by s
A design student has been helping to set the scene for an amazing work experience. Rachael Burgess, from New Hartley, assisted the production design team in making props and building sets for the adaptation of Charles Dickens’ A Tale of Two Cities at Dar
The search is on for the region’s rising stars in the finance and accountancy sector. The North East Accountancy Awards recognises excellence within the fields of finance, accounting and tax from all industry sectors in the region. Those interested in su
Hundreds of new homes are set to be built in the final piece of the jigsaw for Cramlington New Town. Plans to build more than 1,600 homes on land near Arcot Hall Golf Club have been approved by Northumberland County Council’s planning committee. Housebui
A series of road improvements has been carried out in Ashington to improve safety and protect pedestrians. An improvement scheme for Norham Road has been completed involving resurfacing, footpath widening, putting in extra parking restrictions and extend
The site of a major new health facility is set to benefit from ultrafast broadband. Work on England’s first Proton Therapy Cancer Centre, near Bedlington, is underway ahead of its expected opening next September. And the facility, along with nearby new h
Margaret Thatcher once famously declared that the NHS is safe in Tory hands. Well we have seen what has happened through successive Tory governments. Last month chancellor Philip Hammond claimed to be giving the health service an extra £10bn, but told ma
A motion to delay the finalisation of contracts for the County Hall move and the sale of the site in Morpeth was voted down yesterday afternoon. And the heated debate on the failed motion, which lost by 34 votes to 27 at the full meeting of Northumberlan
Hospitals in the North East are making progress to help people quit smoking, but will need to play a greater role in the future to reduce pressure on wards and bed spaces. That is the response from Fresh as a major new report released yesterday by the Br
Northumbria Police has been rated as good in the latest HMIC inspection on legitimacy, published today. In a separate report, focusing on leadership, HMIC (Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary) inspectors noted that the Chief Constable was ‘achievi
More inter-city trains will be stopping off in south-east Northumberland. From Sunday, Virgin Trains are providing two new weekday services leaving London at 9.30am and 1.30pm and arriving at Morpeth at 12.57pm and 4.57pm on their way to Edinburgh. South
Ashington FC manager Steve Harmison saw his outfit go down 2-1 at home to Penrith at Woodhorn Lane on Tuesday night. And afterwards, the boss said it was frustrating watching from the sidelines after his side had failed to convert ‘guilt edged chances.’
Investment in leisure centres at Ashington and Cramlington has paid off, with new figures showing large increases in the number of memberships. Active Northumberland, which manages all leisure facilities on behalf of Northumberland County Council, has re
- 10:04 Derby County v Nottingham Forest - live match updates
- 10:03 Half of UK households are now worried about Brexit as concern grows...
- 10:02 Cumbrian family welcomes its fifth generation
- 09:56 Boil water advice for homes in Tameside and Saddleworth
- 09:56 Man charged over girls sex assault in Burnley
- 09:56 Qantas to fly from London to Australia non-stop
- 09:54 Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos says his team-mates have a duty to...
- 09:54 Jose Mourinho keen on bringing Edinson Cavani to Manchester United
- 09:51 Bitter row dubbed Trousergate breaks out over Theresa May’s trousers
- 09:50 Liverpool legend Dietmar Hamann claims current side isn’t good...
- 09:48 Great places in Derby city centre to stop for coffee or cake while...
- 09:46 Chelsea star Willian: I am delighted Antonio Conte said this about me
- 09:45 West Bridgford residents worried after spate of burglaries
- 09:44 Site manager scoops accolade
- 09:43 Man rescued from bungalow fire in Kirby Muxloe
- 09:43 Catholic church in Manila issues prayer against expanded death penalty
- 09:43 Analysis - After Aleppo, Syria's Assad still far from regaining his...
- 09:43 Five killed in explosion near cathedral in Cairo
- 09:39 An Inspector Calls: Everything is pristine at Hurley House Hotel in...
- 09:39 Go shopping in New York... but pop into Iceland first thanks to...
- 09:39 The peak of luxury: A flying hot-tub, built-in sushi bars and bling...
- 09:37 Children antlers for fundraising reindeer runs
- 09:37 Church-run scheme in Barrow offers to help families struggling with...
- 09:36 Delving into family history
- 09:36 Coldstream art gallery moving to new premises
- 09:29 Max Holloway calls out Jose Aldo after claiming interim UFC...
- 09:29 Manchester United in talks with Premier League rival over January...
- 09:28 AA Gill: Final article describes cancer fight
- 09:27 Nottingham Forest LIVE: Derby County vs Reds live at the iPro Stadium
- 09:27 Crash closes main Nottinghamshire road