News from News Guardian
0 Have your say Police targeting active burglars across Northumberland and North Tyneside have made 11 arrests. Between Friday, October 14, and Friday, October 21, police carried out raids at addresses in North Shields, Ashington, Blyth and Cramlington o
0 Have your say Business is blooming for a North Tyneside horticultural expert. Mike Brannigan spent 38 years tending parks, allotments and green spaces for local government. And when he took early retirement two years ago he embarked on his own gardenin
0 Have your say Calls are being made to ban the sale of fireworks to the general public. Following the tragic news that missing nine-year-old collie Shearer was found washed up on Redcar beach on Monday after being missing a week, residents have called f
0 Have your say Spook-tacular fun for children and the young at heart is taking place at two shopping centres. Hallowe’en celebrations will be taking place at the Beacon Centre, North Shields, on Saturday, October 29, from 10am to 3pm. There will be face
0 Have your say A search for a missing dog had ended in tragic news. Nine-year-old black and white collie Shearer was spooked by a burst of unplanned fireworks on Monday, October 17, while out on a walk near St Mary’s lighthouse. He ran along the Links t
0 Have your say A sporty student has netted her dream apprenticeship with Newcastle United Foundation. Dedicated Codie Nichols, from North Shields, has become the foundation’s first female apprentice to work with full-time community coaches in schools an
0 Have your say A large scale cannabis farm has been uncovered at an industrial unit in North Tyneside. More than 640 plants, spread across ten rooms, were found at the unit in Willington Marina, Wallsend. Police made the discovery when they attended the
0 Have your say Football stars including Dwight Gayle and Jonjo Shelvey are fronting Newcastle United’s support for Stoptober and are reminding fans that it’s not too late to give smoking the boot for good. Newcastle United is backing the mass quit chall
0 Have your say Four more young people have managed to secure employment, thanks to North Tyneside Council’s successful apprenticeship scheme. Since the project began in 2014, a total of 89 apprentices have been recruited across a variety of areas, rangi
0 Have your say Whitley Bay Big Local will be launching the town’s first credit union today as part of efforts to make the area a better place to live and work. The lottery-funded 10-year community partnership has teamed up with Moneywise Credit Union to
0 Have your say Longbenton: George F White, land east of Salters Lane, residential development of approximately 160-180 new homes including affordable. North Shields: Lisa Blacklock, 104 Morwick Road, single-storey front and side extension and single-sto
0 Have your say Head outside one evening this weekend and you may well see the annual Orionids Meteor Shower in the night sky. Gaze upwards and – if the weather remains clear – you’ll be treated to up to 25 shooting stars an hour as the Earth intersects
0 Have your say Guardian readers are being called on to help identify one of the children in this old school photograph. Peter Ellis thinks the small girl in the second row, eighth from left, could be his grandmother Violet Mason, who died earlier this y
0 Have your say NHS workers have vowed to make a ‘fab’ difference to patient care as part of a national day of action. Staff from Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust pledged their support and committed to make one positive change in the workplace
0 Have your say A major review of NHS urgent care in North Tyneside reaches its conclusion next week. Local doctors and nurses will consider a recommendation to replace the existing services with a new integrated urgent care service from October 1 next y
- 01:41 Liverpool hero takes subtle dig at Man United: How they've helped...
- 01:35 When Joni Mitchell wore blackface for Halloween
- 01:33 Russia denies its warships will join Aleppo bombardment - RIA
- 01:31 Male contraceptive jab 'shows promise'
- 01:30 'In the future we will see if he can return': Spain boss Julen...
- 01:30 Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben named in Holland squad for...
- 01:30 Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri says he will welcome Juventus forward...
- 01:30 Radamel Falcao's problems stem from Premier League spell, insists...
- 01:23 China's main search engine Baidu sees first ever revenue drop
- 01:19 Manchester City fans are filmed singing as they ‘knock sinks off...
- 01:19 Under-fire Mark Warburton restates commitment to Rangers amid...
- 01:19 Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes hoping to upset the odds against...
- 01:19 Ian Poulter sits seven shots off the lead as he continues his...
- 01:18 China's October factory activity may show mild growth amid weak demand
- 01:17 Adult Halloween events in Birmingham and beyond
- 01:14 Advocates laud U.S. decision to ban LGBT discrimination in foreign aid
- 01:07 Dare you eat the Hotter than Hell Pizza?
- 01:04 'Pre-reg' cars now widespread in UK
- 01:03 Japan September consumer prices fall, add to run of gloomy data
- 01:00 Man admits vandalising Trump's Walk of Fame star in Los Angeles
- 00:52 Double gold for Ferreira at the London jiu jitsu championships
- 00:49 ‘Milestone’ floods action plan for Calderdale revealed
- 00:49 Extra trained nurses 'key to stroke survival' says study
- 00:45 Scott Brown ready to make sensational Scotland comeback in next...
- 00:42 QUIZ: Can you answer Sheffield, South Yorkshire and further afield...
- 00:40 WADA publishes report highlighting 'serious failings' at Rio...
- 00:38 A night to celebrate our Rio heroes in Mytholmroyd
- 00:38 ‘Milestone’ floods action plan for Calderdale revealed
- 00:37 Sexy artwork inspired by Fifty Shades of Grey on sale in Birmingham
- 00:37 Steve Bruce on Gabby Agbonlahor and his future at Aston Villa