News from News Guardian
People are being invited to a free screening of Novemba – a short documentary film showcasing Northumbria Healthcare’s award-winning partnership which has transformed healthcare in Tanzania. It provides an insight into the trust’s link with Kilimanjaro C
Whether you’re a wannabe Jedi Master or you favour the dark side, don’t miss The Beacon Centre’s Star Wars intergalactic experience at the weekend. Saturday’s free family event will feature a replica of a Star Fighter. Visitors can sit inside the cockpit
Planned repairs to the A193 Wallsend Road Bridge have been delayed after asbestos was discovered nearby. The substance was found near the waggonway beneath the bridge, which is a popular route for pedestrians and cyclists, so its removal is being treated
Charities are benefiting thanks to the generosity of building society customers. Staff at Yorkshire Building Society Charitable Foundation have thanked people in North Shields for helping reach its £7million donation milestone. More than 60 charities and
Northumberland County Council’s floral programme, which sees around 200,000 flowers planted each year, is in full bloom at present. During spring, many thousands are brought out of the council’s nurseries to brighten up the county. Among the most widely-
Changes introduced today which enable courts to issue tougher penalties for speeding motorists have been welcomed by Northumbria Police. A change in sentencing guidelines means that courts in England and Wales can hand out longer sentences and higher fin
A teenager has sailed off with a top regional award. Aaron Hobb has been chosen as the RYA (Royal Yachting Association) North East Young Sailor of the Year 2016. The 16-year-old, from Whitley Bay, was presented with his award – the Trident Trophy – at Dr
A health trust is using its expertise in patient feedback to help other NHS trusts around the country. Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust has developed a comprehensive programme to capture real-time feedback from patients while they are still in
A series of events are springing up around North Tyneside for all the family to enjoy. Parks around the borough are holding a variety of events between April and September as part of this year’s spring and summer events guide. The guide has events for pe
A new appointment has been made to help shape education in North Tyneside. Richard Carmichael, director of Capita’s partnership with North Tyneside Council, has joined the board of North Tyneside Learning Trust as an employer director. He replaces Ian Ri
An informal open evening is being held for anyone interested in adoption. North Tyneside Council’s fostering and adoption service has seen success in the last six months, finding forever homes for 12 children. And on April 26, those interested in finding
A Whitley Bay couple are sparkling as they celebrate a special anniversary. Terry and Joan Utterson are marking their diamond wedding anniversary on April 20. The couple grew up in the Whitley Bay area in the 1950s, and have been together for 64 years Th
Members of a local group are taking part in special national anniversary. Parkinson’s UK will be commemorating the 200-year anniversary of Dr James Parkinson’s publication The Shaking Palsy which identified, for the first time, the symptoms associated wi
An online interactive drama series helping teaching young people about consequences as a date with Royalty. TryLife is the only regional representative to reach the last 12 in the Duke of York’s Pitch@Palace initiative. The team heads to London to pitch
Students have been given an insight into jobs within Northumbria Police. Kings Priory School, in Tynemouth, held a careers day for sixth formers, with officers on hand to speak to the pupils. Whitley Bay neighbourhood beat manager PC Paul McKenzie spoke
- 00:42 Racing Tips: Best bets from Beverly, Chelmsford, Perth, Tan and...
- 00:37 NFL Draft 2017: London-born Jermaine Eluemunor ready for sun or...
- 00:37 Liverpool didn't sign Alexis Sanchez because they 'couldn't move...
- 00:37 Justin Rose bids to put his Masters heartache behind him as he...
- 00:35 New plans to extend GP access 'could prove expensive and...
- 00:35 Liberal Democrats to back Greens in Brighton seat
- 00:35 Zac Goldsmith to fight Richmond Park seat for Tories once again
- 00:35 Ex-Tory MP Esther McVey to contest George Osborne's seat
- 00:35 Jeremy Corbyn to claim Conservatives 'will never fix housing crisis'
- 00:35 Corbyn would be a threat to national security, Johnson warns
- 00:35 Middlesbrough 1 Sunderland 0: Boro beat hopeless Black Cats in...
- 00:33 Jose Mourinho assures Man United duo: You will play here next season
- 00:30 Top award for Leeds hospital garden
- 00:28 'Hummus crisis': Why are supermarkets removing the dip?
- 00:27 Manchester United want to re-sign Michael Keane but Burnley value...
- 00:27 FIFA president Gianni Infantino confirms video referees at 2018...
- 00:26 Zlatan Ibrahimovic turns down megabucks deal: Jose Mourinho wants...
- 00:25 Paraguay's lower house rejects presidential re-election amendment
- 00:24 Arsenal fans steering clear of the Emirates and Alexis Sanchez...
- 00:24 Christian Benteke and Andros Townsend show Tottenham what they're...
- 00:24 Crystal Palace manager Sam Allardyce fears Mamadou Sakho has...
- 00:24 Chelsea brothers Nathaniel and Trevoh Chalobah have dance-off in...
- 00:24 University of Glasgow honours life of James McCune Smith
- 00:23 'Have a little swagger', CEOs tell May in bid to make Brexit pay
- 00:23 ECB seen firmly on hold but may set stage for June shift
- 00:23 British housing starts indicator hits 10-year high, commercial...
- 00:21 Star Wars favourite Ian McDiarmid to play Enoch Powell on stage in...
- 00:19 General election 2017: Labour leader a 'mugwump' says Johnson
- 00:17 What's behind Uber's success in Egypt?
- 00:15 Blood test to spot lung cancer relapse hailed as 'new hope'