News from Morpeth Herald
0 Have your say Dunstan UTS 2-4 Morpeth Town Morpeth Town returned to winning ways in the EBAC Northern League Division One with a 4-2 win away to Dunston UTS. The Highwayman are now up to third thanks to a brace from Sean Taylor, Ben Sayer’s first goal
0 Have your say The fourth and final events in the series of Linden Homes sponsored Morpeth Harriers Young Athlete Road Championships were held on the 1.3mile circuit on Lancaster Park, on the evening of Monday, October 17. Once again organisers and runn
0 Have your say Morpeth Rotary Club When Michael Duffy was a young man he was called up for National Service in the Army. In 1956 he was sent to Aqabah, on the edge of the Jordanian Desert. It is now a flourishing resort and trading centre of almost 200,
0 Have your say A paperboy from Widdrington Station is making some news himself as he is close to reaching his fund-raising target for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Earlier this year, Jamie Rams-haw signed up to take part in a Camps International summ
0 Have your say New data published by Public Health England shows that Northumberland has the lowest density of fast-food outlets in the North East. Across the region, the local authority with the highest density of fast-food outlets per 100,000 populati
0 Have your say Football stars including Dwight Gayle and Jonjo Shelvey are fronting Newcastle United’s support for Stoptober and are reminding fans that it’s not too late to give smoking the boot for good. Newcastle United is backing the mass quit chall
0 Have your say Anne-Marie Trevelyan has taken part in the Royal Marines’ Commando Challenge in aid of two charities. The MP for the Berwick-upon-Tweed constituency, chairman of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on the Armed Forces Covenant, was persuade
0 Have your say In this feature to commemorate the First World War, we will bring you the news as it happened in 1916, as reported by the Morpeth Herald. All material is published with kind permission of the Mackay family. We thank them for their support
0 Have your say Northumberland based not-for-profit business networking organisation NorthEastBiz hosted its own Britain’s Best Breakfast event to raise awareness of unpaid carers in the county and across the UK. This was also part of its activities, in
0 Have your say The following planning appli-cations have been submitted to Northumberland County Council. Hebron: Mr and Mrs Gawthorpe, Hepstrother, Fairmoor, proposed erection of single dwelling with associated access and parking. Longhirst: Longhirst
0 Have your say Two Morpeth residents have spoken of how much they enjoy their volunteer role as a charity appeals for more men to get involved. The Alzheimer’s Society in Northumberland has been running the popular befriending service for two years, but
0 Have your say Head outside one evening this weekend and you may well see the annual Orionids Meteor Shower in the night sky. Gaze upwards and – if the weather remains clear – you’ll be treated to up to 25 shooting stars an hour as the Earth intersects
0 Have your say The team at the Morpeth branch of Hays Travel organised a fund-raising event, which included a raffle, bingo, buffet and disco, and it raised £701 for Toby Henderson Trust – a charity supporting children with autism and their families. Th
0 Have your say Ian Lavery, the MP for Wansbeck, has pledged his support for a charity campaign seeking better care for those with incurable secondary breast cancer. Breast Cancer Care believes incomplete data for the number of people with the condition
0 Have your say Gym and fitness facilities at Ponteland Leisure Centre have been given a major upgrade. The gym and free weights rooms now boast a wide range of state-of-the-art training equipment, new decor and new flooring. Northumberland County Counci
- 19:25 Three fire crews tackle Lincolnshire house fire
- 19:25 Singer-songwriter Pete Burns dies at 57 after cardiac arrest
- 19:24 Bristol City vs Hull City preview with team news, opinion and key...
- 19:23 T-Mobile raises forecast; sees 'upside' from AT&T-Time Warner deal
- 19:23 Man jailed for brutal attack on city centre bouncer
- 19:23 Two women suffer head injuries after crash
- 19:22 Women launch campaign to get rid of ‘Essex Girl’ stereotype
- 19:21 Birmingham City hero: I still don't like Aston Villa
- 19:19 A defence of Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho after Chelsea...
- 19:17 Twenty parrots saved by firefighters after children's game starts...
- 19:17 Venezuela's Maduro in surprise visit to Pope
- 19:16 JPMorgan may need to revise timeline for settlement business exit:...
- 19:16 WATCH: Adam Peaty swaps the pool for the sky as he realises his...
- 19:16 Narrow win for depleted Burton Albion ladies maintains impressive...
- 19:15 Prestigious rural award for innovative Stamford business
- 19:13 24-hour licence granted for part of Preston’s Guild Hall
- 19:13 Lessons from Chorley Hospital’s accident and emergency unit closure
- 19:13 From food trucks to celebrity chefs: Walt Disney World unveils its...
- 19:13 Air India's Delhi to San Francisco flight becomes the world's...
- 19:11 English Heritage labels Hull's Amy Johnson a Londoner
- 19:11 Gordon Strachan not in danger of Scotland sack but SFA warn 'it's...
- 19:10 'They shot him, I don't know why' - Drug dealer describes murder of...
- 19:09 Arsenal v Reading: Metro.co.uk’s big match preview
- 19:09 Rapist jailed for 11 years after victim broke her leg escaping flat...
- 19:08 19 great places to eat and drink in Derby this half term
- 19:08 Christopher Magee sent 'Get Well Soon' card to Derby woman he tried...
- 19:08 Why our Lancashire folk prefer to stay at home
- 19:08 Seafood giant Young's introduces chicken for first time in 200-year...
- 19:07 Time Warner to evaluate Hudson Yards plans due to AT&T merger
- 19:06 Countess of Chester Hospital's appeal for knitted babies' hats...