News from Morpeth Herald
People of all denominations are invited to attend the annual Women’s World Day of Prayer (WWDP) service in Morpeth next week. The international ecumenical service traditionally takes place on the first Friday in March and it has been prepared this year b
A total of 18 visitors were recently at Chantry Middle School and Technology College in Morpeth to run workshops for students in all year groups at its annual careers fair. They included personnel from the NHS, Northumbria Police and Northumberland Fire
A new group to support EU nationals, which was set up in Tynedale, would welcome members from elsewhere in Northumberland. The area is – as it was in AD122 – a melting pot of nationalities. Now, in AD2017, there are around 300 EU nationals on the elector
International bestselling author LJ Ross has stepped in to help after a reader told her about high demand for her novels in libraries across Northumberland. LJ, who writes the bestselling DCI Ryan series, which follows the detective as he hunts down seri
Morpeth Camera Club On Tuesday, January 10, Morpeth Camera Club held its first Ladies’ Night to showcase the excellent photographic work of its female members. Karin Jackson opened the evening with an AV entitled Morpeth In Bloom, set to melodic music. K
More than 1,000 people turned out for a protest today to object against major development plans in Morpeth. The Labour-run Northumberland County Council is proposing to build a new supermarket, retail units, drive-thru restaurant and a pub on the County
More than 250 young dancers from Ponteland and around the area will be on stage in a special dance show next month. Jill Errington School of Dance is hosting its dance school show Most Wanted at the People’s Theatre, Heaton, on Saturday, March 18, and Su
A new cycleway and other improvements for pedestrians and road users on the Stobhill approach to Morpeth are about to get under way. The scheme will go ahead after a successful bid by Northumberland County Council for £600,000 from the North East Local E
Dozens of objections have been lodged against plans for 53 new homes at a Morpeth town centre site. Permission’s Charles Church brand has applied to build the properties on land north of The Garth at Pottery Bank. The application site is the southern ext
Despite it being described as a luxury assisted living development when it opened last year, a facility in Ponteland has been given a requires improvement rating by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). The organisation has unveiled its report for the Royal
Stannington History Group has received a £10,000 award from the Heritage Lottery Fund for the Stannington Parish Centenary Festival of Remembrance. This four-day event will take place in the village in November 2018. The purpose of the festival is to edu
Northumberland County Council is cracking down on abandoned vehicles following a sharp rise in incidents and is issuing a warning that the perpetrators could face a large fine. The council is receiving reports of around 45 untaxed, uninsured abandoned ve
As a group of people opposing two controversial schemes get set to march tomorrow, a Morpeth business organisation says it has been threatened with enforcement action over objection signage. The campaign by the Morpeth and District Chamber of Trade and o
The team at The Office pub in Morpeth have raised a glass after winning the prestigious Northumberland Pub of the Year award. Members of the Tyneside and Northumberland Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) voted in the various geographical, pub, club and cider
The leader of Northumberland County Council and a landowner have welcomed a letter of apology that followed independent audit findings into allegations about a major planning application on the outskirts of Morpeth. An audit was carried out last year aft
- 12:04 Jarrow School team into national F1 Schools competition final
- 12:02 Paige Doherty's mum says child killers deserve 'minimum of 35...
- 12:02 Bethan Kelly fifth in GB University Championships
- 12:01 World Day of Prayer event at town church
- 12:00 All you need to know about ultra-marathons as Burton Albion man...
- 11:59 Someone invented a genius way to stop cereal going soggy, but it’s...
- 11:59 Children's home abuse accused appears in court
- 11:58 Have you seen the Mick Foley plaque in Sefton Park?
- 11:57 Drivers caught using mobile phones face harsher penalties - what...
- 11:57 High-flying drone nearly hit passenger plane at East Midlands Airport
- 11:55 Oops! Man drives into police van while drunk
- 11:55 £700,000 is what you'll need for a des res in Lincolnshire's most...
- 11:55 Dani Alves wants Man City move - and other transfer talk
- 11:55 Carlo Ancelotti: I hate agreeing with Man United boss Jose Mourinho...
- 11:55 Arsenal star posts worrying injury update on Instragam account: It...
- 11:53 Paul Scholes: This Man United player has disappointed me
- 11:53 Williams F1 2017 launch: Stunning new snaps of FW40 car
- 11:52 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos
- 11:52 Be warned: new phone scam on its way here
- 11:52 Blind boy, 9, with cerebral palsy dies from starvation weighing...
- 11:50 Elderly woman injured in accident
- 11:49 Starbucks Frappuccino bath bombs are now a thing
- 11:49 West Brom vs Bournemouth: How can you follow it, team news, odds,...
- 11:49 Erdington roof siege: Wanted man held riot police at bay from top...
- 11:49 Andy Carroll picks unlikely name in his dream five-a-side team
- 11:49 Southampton boss Claude Puel: My players can stop this Man United star
- 11:48 Look inside eerie abandoned Anglesey WWII soldiers' home
- 11:45 Chelsea star sends message to Antonio Conte: I have proven myself -...
- 11:45 Arsenal tell fans Alexis Sanchez is leaving the club this summer
- 11:45 UPDATE: Woman dies after flat fire