News from Morning Star
Britain responds to the far-right trying to whip up hatred after the Westminster attack by Lamiat Sabin and Steve Sweeney FAR-RIGHT efforts to exploit the Westminster attack yesterday were overshadowed by calls for unity. Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, Lon
Research shows maternity pay is among the worst in Europe by Felicity Collier BRITAIN is one of the worst countries in Europe for maternity leave, TUC researchers reveal today. Women in Britain are only entitled to six weeks’ pay at 90 per cent of their
RBS announces closure of 158 branches STATE-OWNED British banks have “turned their back on communities,” unions said yesterday after 158 branch closures were announced. Almost 1,000 workers will be affected by the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) announcemen
Unions pay tribute to the workers who rushed to keep Londoners safe TRADE UNIONS praised the bravery of “public service heroes” yesterday for doing “whatever was possible to save life and protect public safety despite personal risk” during Wednesday’s te
Singin district overrun despite peace talks TALIBAN fighters overran a key district in Afghanistan’s Helmand province yesterday — despite secret peace talks in Pakistan. Sangin police chief Mohammad Rasoul said the Taliban captured Sangin centre early ye
Former MP murdered in Kiev hours before he was to testify against Russia UKRAINE’S coup regime accused Moscow of the killing of a former Russian Communist MP in Kiev yesterday. Denis Voronenkov, who testified to Ukrainian investigators and criticised Rus
JAPAN’S militarist Prime Minister Shinzo Abe lied about cash bungs to a fascist school chain, its head told parliament yesterday. In a sworn testimony yesterday, group principal Yasunori Kagoike told MPs that the PM had donated 1 million yen (£7,200) to
FAMILY court judges are too overworked to publish rulings leaving the public with a “patchy understanding” of the justice system, academics warned yesterday. Judges in England and Wales are “leaving the public with a patchy understanding of the family ju
WORKERS at the car factory where the Mini is made will stage a second protest today over bosses’ plans to close a final-salary pension scheme. The demonstration comes after talks between general union Unite and the plant’s owners BMW ended in an impasse.
RELIGIOUS leaders and experts described the Westminster terror attack as a “perversion” of Islam yesterday. Cardinal Vincent Nichols, the Catholic Archbishop of Westminster, said every ideology, whether religious or secular, has contained elements of ext
LEADING black Congress members confronted US President Donald Trump yesterday about his divisive campaign rhetoric “that hurts African-Americans.” Six representatives of the Congressional Black Caucus met the president at the White House to deliver a 130
CHILE’S Supreme Court jailed 33 intelligence agents of the Augusto Pinochet dictatorship on Wednesday for the 1987 murder of five communist resistance fighters. In the longest sentences handed down in a human rights case, former National Information Cent
THOUSANDS of mourners lined the streets of Derry yesterday for the funeral of former Northern Ireland deputy first minister and IRA commander Martin McGuinness. The veteran Sinn Fein politician’s beloved Bogside came to a standstill as his remains — the
JEREMY CORBYN’S insistence that we must not allow “fear or the voices of hatred to divide or cow us,” following the deadly events in Westminster, is wise advice. His counsel of unity and letting the police carry out their responsibilities without a choru
The fossil which proved the evolutionary link between dinosaurs and birds is on tour. PETER FROST explains why this scientific discovery is still relevant today CHARLES DARWIN published his earth-shattering book On the Origin of Species in 1859. The book
- 12:18 England star admits he wants captain Dylan Hartley out of starting...
- 12:18 Manchester United star Marcus Rashford embarrassed by Ross Barkley...
- 12:18 Luis Suarez agreed to join Arsenal from Liverpool in 2013, claims...
- 12:17 Jay Z plans Trayvon Martin TV series and film
- 12:17 Coventry RFC make one change for the trip to Cambridge in National...
- 12:16 In dispute with your neighbours or no building regulations for...
- 12:16 SMALL CAP MOVERS: Falcon shares soar 400% as Australian government...
- 12:15 Uffington man’s call for women to be aware of ovarian cancer
- 12:15 Health plan ‘not good enough’ says county council leader
- 12:15 Andrew Neil calls London attacker ‘poundland terrorist’ in...
- 12:14 Work to start on repairing damaged M180 bridge
- 12:14 National mortality statistics at health trust pubclished
- 12:14 Pub's £130,000 beer garden will have to be taken down
- 12:13 CANTEEN is back - here's a peek of the incredible street food on...
- 12:13 Chester young people facing disadvantage to be mentored by world...
- 12:13 Stephanie Davis vows to ‘keep going strong’ with son Caben-Albi as...
- 12:12 Train delays in Lincoln, Grantham and Skegness after power cut
- 12:12 Charities join together to win the public's support
- 12:12 Top boxers aid Blackpool man’s specialist underpants firm
- 12:12 Awards success for VetPlus
- 12:12 Barry Meyers to rejoin JPMorgan after almost two years at Barclays
- 12:11 Have your say: Harrogate planning fees to rise in reform of system
- 12:11 Are Dave King and Rangers finally moving in the right direction? -...
- 12:11 Have your say on plans to replace historic Hartlepool statue
- 12:10 Loro Piana: A rare kind of luxury
- 12:10 Man receives postcard in the mail 40 years after it was sent
- 12:10 The dawn of DHELA
- 12:10 Aerial images show moment Khalid Masood was shot after London...
- 12:08 Chelsea target offers huge transfer update: He wants to play in the...
- 12:08 £10,000 reward to help find stolen jewellery from Burton Green