News from Morley Observer
Even before the tumble on the approach to the finishing tape in Scarborough, the crowds had been buzzing. Sir Gary Verity had said beforehand that this was the only free event at which spectators could get so close to world-class athletes, and on the Nor
Running Wakefield 10k was a proud moment for many, but for one young autistic man - it changed his life. Oscar Scholes-Furness, 24, had never run before taking part in Wakefield 10k 2016. He was encouraged by his family who were also running the race. Mr
People have just a week left to spend or bank the 155 million paper Bank of England fivers still in circulation before they lose their legal tender status. Friday, May 5 marks the last day that the banknote featuring prison reformer Elizabeth Fry will be
The average adult has 40 friends - and they fall into one of eight categories, according to new research. * The Organiser loves a list and plans everything - including nights out, birthday celebrations and holidays. * The Motivator is the one pushing you
A law firm with four branches in West Yorkshire has been closed down by the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority. Hellewell, Pasley and Brewer’s offices in Dewsbury, Birstall, Halifax and Ripponden are closed following an intervention by the authority. The f
The third Tour de Yorkshire cycle race will get underway this morning as riders from around the world set off from Bridlington. Today's leg will see the riders tackle a 173km course through Garrowby Hill, Goathland and Robin Hood's Bay before finishing i
The third Tour de Yorkshire cycle race will get underway today as competitors tackle the east coast circuit in front of an expected crowd of thousands. Starting off in Bridlington, the 173km stage will include three 'King of the Mountain' climbs and two
Yorkshire tourism chief Sir Gary Verity has been given a top honour by the French government. The Ordre National du Mérite - National Order of Merit - is second only to the Légion d'Honneur, and is awarded by the President of the French Republic in recog
The cold snap which brought snow and wintry showers to the county this week will be replaced by warmer temperatures and sunshine for the Bank Holiday weekend. The Met Office has confirmed today that they are expecting temperatures to reach into double fi
A police raid in Leeds earlier this week targeted an illicit drugs laboratory which was believed to be producing contaminated heroin linked to a number of deaths. The National Crime Agency today issued a countrywide warning about a deadly synthetic opioi
The Tour de Yorkshire cycling race arose as a legacy event following the success of the visit of the 2014 Tour de France to God’s own county. It is promoted by the Amaury Sport Organisation (ASO) and is rated as a 2.1 event as part of the UCI Europe Tour
Sports teams, supermarkets and tech firms are among the companies who could purchase the naming rights of major roads under a Road Miles concept. The plan outlines the potential establishment of the Manchester United M6, the Morrisons M1, the Microsoft M
The company behind the transformation of the former Batley Frontier nightclub into a fitness centre says it will open in June with more than £2 million being put into the project. JD Gyms, which is part of the JD Sports Fashion Group, began work renovati
Hold onto your hats fast food lovers - you will soon to be able to have your Big Mac and McFlurry delivered straight to your front door. McDonald’s has confirmed it will begin a trial delivery service in June using an external provider, which could inclu
The big chill is expected to ease as we head toward the bank holiday weekend. Temperatures are set to rise after a week of cold winds, but the warmer climate will bring with it some mixed and unsettled conditions. Here is our weather package from the Met
- 12:36 Liverpool transfer exclusive: £20m star believes he should be...
- 12:34 Humber Bridge reopens after man in 'extremely dangerous' position...
- 12:33 Watermead Park: Council bosses to introduce residents' parking...
- 12:33 Tottenham v Arsenal: A combined XI of the two teams - based on stats
- 12:32 Blogger opens up about wearing a string bikini for the first time...
- 12:29 Manchester United v Swansea – TV channel, time, date, odds and...
- 12:29 Latest News: Humber bridge now re-open in BOTH directions
- 12:28 Chelsea told to spend big money when replacing this star player
- 12:28 Championship table: Final standings predicted - play-off race and...
- 12:28 Full list of road closures and everything you need to know as the...
- 12:28 Syrian rebels fight each other in besieged Damascus enclave
- 12:27 No flash required: ‘belfie’ trend sees backsides bared at beauty spots
- 12:27 Watch out for snakes! Warning after Welsh dog walker bitten
- 12:26 Footway lights upgrade across East Lindsey ‘will save cash and energy’
- 12:26 Chris Froome helps lead out Elia Viviani for Italian 1-2 sprint...
- 12:26 Jurgen Klopp heaps praise on Liverpool starlet Rhian Brewster but...
- 12:26 Wilfried Zaha feared plummeting through the leagues following his...
- 12:25 RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch records 15 times more visits from...
- 12:24 Chaos at The X Factor auditions as Simon Cowell returns to Birmingham
- 12:20 Morpeth artist attracts interest from Christies’ Auction House
- 12:19 No action against A140 motorist who drove into car head on
- 12:18 Woodhead Pass suitcase murder: 'Insatiable gambler' guilty of...
- 12:18 Man in critical condition after being hit by a car in South Yorkshire
- 12:18 Fire crew called out to family 'trapped in bedroom' in Sheffield
- 12:18 Man taken hospital after being found with serious injuries close to...
- 12:17 Tottenham vs Arsenal: The 10 greatest north London derbies ever...
- 12:17 Russian Grand Prix F1 qualifying LIVE: Lewis Hamilton aims to take...
- 12:17 Melbourne Festival gets £10,000 lottery boost to explore the...
- 12:17 How to spot a new £1 coin that could be worth a lot of money
- 12:17 Major Derby blaze destroys popular Scallywags children's party bus