News from Mirfield Reporter
A woman was sexually assaulted on her way home from a nightclub in the early hours of the morning. Detectives are now searching for the suspect, following the sex attack which happened at around 4am today (Sunday) in Little Green Lane, Heckmondwike. The
THE nation will set their clocks forward by one hour this evening as we herald the start of British Summer Time... but tonight also sees the 10th year of Earth Hour. Here is what we know about these events this evening.
Fusion Food Bank is urging residents in Dewsbury to rally round and help those who need it most. The food bank’s staff are working with Boots UK to trial a donation point in its high street store to offer an accessible location for the local community to
ONCE again readers were quick to contact me regarding the mystery photographs which appeared last week – and yet again both pictures are from the Flatts area, writes Margaret Watson. The main picture, showing the washing on the line, was Back Granville S
Convicted human traffickers from Eastern Europe will be subject to severe restrictions on their activities when they return home from Yorkshire to stop them arranging the trade in human misery in the region. West Yorkshire Police has secured the co-opera
A bunch of flowers has been delivered to Dewsbury Police Station, following the London terror attack. A member of the community sent the bouquet alongside a hand written note, offering support. It read: “My sincere condolences for the loss of a policeman
An appeal has been issued by coroners in West Yorkshire as they try to find the family of 92-year-old woman. Elizabeth Nicholson, known as Betty to her friends, passed away on Wednesday. She lived at the Kenmore Care Home in Cleckheaton. It is believed
A “dishonest and manipulative” West Yorkshire police inspector who was found with £700,000 of drugs at his home has been jailed for 26 years. Keith Boots, 55, who was responsible for disposing of seized drugs for West Yorkshire Police, was described as a
Diamond couple Margaret and Harold Walker are celebrating sixty years of marriage. The childhood sweethearts first met as classmates at the former Painthorpe Infants School at the age of six. They married at Chapelthorpe Church on March 23, 1957. The cou
Temperatures could rival those of Tenerife this weekend as the cold snap gives way to warmer, sunnier weather across Yorkshire this weekend. Here is our weather package with news from the Met office and coverage from Sky News, The BBC and the Press Assoc
A crooked lawyer forced a 200-year-old firm of Yorkshire solicitors into extinction by plundering its accounts of almost FOUR MILLION pounds to fund her addiction to high living. Linda Box, 67, was jailed for seven years today after a court heard she sto
White Rose Shopping Centre is celebrating its 20th birthday with a bang this weekend, with a weekend of special entertainment, offers, bloggers’ fashion inspiration, and surprise treats for shoppers. In celebration of the opening its doors on March 25 19
Everything that makes our city special was gloriously celebrated and showcased at the sixth annual Sights and Sounds of Ripon event on Saturday. With over 30 attractions and hundreds of visitors from across all age groups, Ripon’s community spirit was at
Nurses on short staffed hospital wards have been struggling to provide adequate patient care, figures suggest. Staff at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust reported dozens of occasions when they were unable to provide one-to-one care in a single month. It happ
A further five arrests have been made by police following large-scale group trouble in Dewsbury involving men brandishing weapons. Three men were brought in for questioning following the trouble on Pilgrim Crescent on Sunday evening at around 10pm, two a
- 03:54 Syrian opposition 'fed up with terrorists', seeks help against Assad
- 03:51 Citigroup plans to double South Korea wealth assets by 2020
- 03:46 China to review murder sentence in loan shark killing case
- 03:46 Pence revives talk of U.S. moving Tel Aviv embassy to Jerusalem
- 03:42 Hyundai Motor suspends another China plant amid political tension -...
- 03:36 Mexicans who help build Trump wall 'traitors,' top Archdiocese says
- 03:33 BT fined £42 million over delayed high-speed cable
- 03:30 Japanese manufacturers brace for possible U.S. import tax - Reuters...
- 03:26 North Korea 'to unleash DEADLY blows WITHOUT WARNING' as World War...
- 03:26 Obama’s Vice-President Joe Biden claims he could have BEATEN TRUMP...
- 03:02 The Walking Dead showrunner Scott Gimple wants show to last for...
- 02:35 ‘Marine Le Pen could WIN French election’, Goldman Sachs tells...
- 02:35 ‘I want to speak to Trump’ Woman arrested after SECOND attempt to...
- 02:27 PM says Brexit-plan to 'strengthen Union' ahead of Sturgeon meeting
- 02:05 Term-time holidays: Where most children were absent
- 01:58 BT fined record £42m for late installations
- 01:54 Scarlett Johansson looks effortlessly chic in cropped blazer and...
- 01:54 'Demons are making me weak to my addictions': Fears mount for...
- 01:54 'I don't want to be involved': Katherine Jenkins insists David...
- 01:54 'He's ready for his next adventure': Budding photographer Brooklyn...
- 01:54 'You walk around like a cocky little b***h!' TOWIE's Georgia...
- 01:54 Leggy lady! Charlotte McKinney shows off her trim pins in super...
- 01:36 German firms doubt good business conditions will last - Ifo chief
- 01:36 Equities take a spill on Trump healthcare setback; bonds shine
- 01:34 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Monday
- 01:27 Le Pen calls Macron the 'Jean-Claude Van Damme of politics' because...
- 01:19 Rafael Nadal recovers from poor start to secure Miami Open win over...
- 01:18 The storm chasers hunting bolts in Australia's Top End
- 01:13 The racist professor, the bones and a university naming row
- 01:11 Dustin Johnson’s Masters odds shortening following WGC Dell...