News from Middleton Guardian
Imagine David Platt’s surprise when he visits wife Kylie’s grave only to find Shona Ramsey there. Coronation Street hairdresser David has a shock when he takes flowers to Kylie’s grave with her children Lily and Max. Spoiler photos of upcoming scenes sho
Dramatic new pictures show Coronation Street favourite Shona Ramsey left battered and bleeding following a shock attack. New spoiler photos show a bloodied Shona her lying collapsed on the ground after being subjected to a brutal mugging by two men. It a
A gang of robbers who terrorised a community included a 16-year-old who brandished a two-foot machete in the face of a terrified cashier. Curtis Beresford, 20, Carl Lee, 23, Jordan Thompson, 22, Dylan Moore, 18, and Warren Taylor, 24, were between them r
Who is Shona Ramsey? Everything you need to know about Julia Goulding and her Coronation Street character
Coronation Street’s Shona Ramsey is the mother of Kylie Platt’s killer Clayton Hibbs. We first met the mouthy but kind-hearted Shona when she bumped into widower David Platt in a nightclub at Christmas 2016, immediately prompting fans to wonder if she co
Does this super-gran - who boasts an incredible 45 grandchildren - have the biggest family in Greater Manchester? Margaret Howarth, 97, has so many descendants that even her own family struggles to tot them all up. But at the latest count, Margaret’s bro
Police are appealing for a woman who was hit over the head with a glass bottle after a row with a group of teenage boys to come forward. The victim was also struck in the face in the shocking attack in Middleton . The woman went into Tesco on Barton Road
A string of Greater Manchester seats are about to turn into fiercely contested general election battlegrounds in the run-up to June 8. Labour constituencies not held by the Tories since the 1990s will be among those in Theresa May’s sights as she eyes up
Theresa May has launched the Conservative general election campaign in Bolton just hours after securing almost unanimous support in the House of Commons for a snap poll on June 8. Shortly after the decision was taken in Westminster the government finally
A young woman suffered serious injuries after being involved in a collision with a motorbike outside a college. Paramedics rushed to Hopwood Hall College in Middleton on Tuesday following the incident which happened around noon. The woman, aged 20, who w
Space Monkeys will play their cult album The Daddy Of Them All at a Manchester gig - 20 years after it was the last record to be released on legendary label Factory. The group, based in Heywood and Middleton, will perform the album at Manchester Academy
Voting has has opened for this year’s British Soap Awards with a host of local talent in line to win a gong. The public can now vote to decide which of their favourites from the soaps Coronation Street, Doctors, EastEnders, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks take h
The secret is out - Shona Ramsey is the mother of Kylie Platt’s killer Clayton Hibbs on Coronation Street. And actress Julia Goulding says it’s been hard to keep it quiet, especially as viewers have been speculating who her character could be. Julia, fro
Millions of people will be taking to the roads and public transport to go on holiday or catch up with friends and family this Easter weekend. That means that motorways will be much busier than usual. Up to 13 million are expected to make journeys on the
A woman has been charged with assaulting a police officer after a fight broke out during a performance of Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance at the Palace Theatre in Manchester. Georgina Lynn Sixsmith, of Andrew Street, Middleton, has also been charged
- 13:22 Exxon Mobil profit more than doubles on cost cuts, oil price rise
- 13:21 Man jailed for raping five-year-old girl in South London
- 13:21 Single lady finds romance after TV debut on Take Me Out – with...
- 13:20 Bullring fire: Live updates as firefighters rush to Birmingham...
- 13:20 Stepmum who killed toddler Keegan Downer abandons bid for freedom
- 13:20 What are the 'police' posters plastered all over Tithebarn Street?
- 13:20 South China Sea code with Beijing must be legally binding - ASEAN...
- 13:18 Oxford University sorry for eye contact racism claim
- 13:17 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp speaks out on Steven Gerrard appointment
- 13:17 Susan’s tasty Easter treats help hospital
- 13:16 Third man charged on suspicion of murdering New Arley father Greg...
- 13:15 Lancaster GP supports vulnerable children at the London Marathon
- 13:15 Countdown is on for Cheshire West and Chester boundary review...
- 13:13 Deutsche Post to deliver groceries for AmazonFresh in Germany
- 13:13 VIDEO: Dramatic footage as sheds and allotments go up in flames
- 13:13 Revealed: New Harrogate mayor + her deep roots in community
- 13:12 Spotted: More Man United injury woe as defender confirms shoulder...
- 13:12 Jurgen Klopp: This is how I feel about Mamadou Sakho's injury
- 13:12 Woodwork students crafted a new sign for village
- 13:12 Anthony Joshua open workout: Photos from boxer's session ahead of...
- 13:11 Will Donald Trump attack North Korea? US President warns 'MAJOR...
- 13:11 Police name man arrested in Whitehall as Mohammed Khalid Omar Ali
- 13:10 Teenager speaks of 'living nightmare' after being shot in the head...
- 13:10 Meet the three-year-old girl who sleeps for just 90 minutes each...
- 13:10 World stocks pause near record highs
- 13:10 Turkey's Erdogan will tell Trump Turkey could help retake Raqqa
- 13:10 Online abuse of teachers needs to be taken seriously - South...
- 13:10 Norway races Australia to fulfill Japan's hydrogen society dream
- 13:10 Homeless man beaten in "unprovoked" attack on busy road in broad...
- 13:10 King and Queen will star in village gala