News from Middleton Guardian
The grieving mum of a Middleton soldier killed in Iraq has suffered further heartache after losing her late son’s dog tags and St Christopher pendant. Lance Corporal Scott Hetherington died aged 22 in a “tragic accident” last month, while serving with Th
Banning ice cream vans from outside schools? A controversial one with readers this. Health chiefs are considering the radical move of banning ice cream vans from outside schools in a bid to tackle soaring rates of childhood obesity and tooth decay in the
This area of Greater Manchester is planning to ban ice cream vans from outside schools to battle obesity
Ice cream vans could be banned from outside schools in Rochdale. Health chiefs are considering the radical move in a bid to tackle soaring rates of childhood obesity and tooth decay in the borough. Headteachers at Woodlands, Alkrington, Meanwood and All
Campaigners are calling for a public inquiry into plans for two tower blocks next to Castlefield Basin after town hall bosses gave the proposals the go-ahead. Hundreds of people backed calls for Renaker Build’s blueprints for 188 flats in Manchester city
Church destroyed by fire The historic Salford church left devastated in a fire had undergone £250,000 worth of restoration work, shocked parishioners said. The Church of Ascension in Lower Broughton raised funds and secured grants with English Heritage a
Fraudsters tried to buy a MONKEY using fake £50 notes. Police were called on Saturday by a seller in Middleton who had advertised the animal for sale in a specialist publication. He was contacted by two men who wanted to buy the monkey, in a legitimate t
This is the shocking moment a mass brawl between students broke out in a college corridor. Seven students have been suspended and another permanently excluded after the fight took place at Hopwood Hall College’s Middleton campus on February 2. College bo
Green light for huge tower blocks which will 'dwarf' Castlefield is a sad day for Manchester, say campaigners
Campaigners fighting plans for two huge tower blocks next to Castlefield Basin in Manchester city centre said it was a ‘sad day for the city’ as they lost their battle. Ancoats-based firm Renaker Build has been given the go-ahead to build 188 plush flats
The family of a missing mum say she has been found safe and is now back home with her daughters. Heather Leigh, who suffers from severe epilepsy, disappeared without her medication on Wednesday night. The 47-year-old, who also suffers from depression, le
A bar has been shut down for 'public protection' after police said it was controlled by a drug dealer
A bar has been closed by council bosses ‘for public protection’ after police claimed it is controlled by a convicted drug dealer. GMP asked Bury’s licensing panel to shut the Alt House in Moss Lane, Whitefield, which was the scene of a violent attack on
The family of a missing mum with severe epilepsy and in a ‘distressed state’ have made a desperate appeal to find her. Heather Leigh, 47, is suffering from severe epilepsy and without her medication. The mother of four, who is also suffering from depress
- 15:11 Wayne Rooney: With Manchester United captain considering move away,...
- 15:11 Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino works out alongside his wife...
- 15:11 Calls for Sikh temple bosses to quit after legal battle with...
- 15:11 Chipperfield Circus tiger star dies two years after retirement
- 15:11 South Yorkshire primary school pupils to sit times tables check
- 15:11 WTO's new global trade deal comes into force
- 15:10 Amber Tamblyn and David Cross troll Hollywood with the most...
- 15:10 'They took my legs': Disabled man says losing his mobility car left...
- 15:10 Where do the most wheelie bin fires happen in Nottinghamshire?
- 15:09 Liverpool ace set to sign new bumper deal: Huge boost for Jurgen Klopp
- 15:09 Liverpool deal imminent, striker arrives at Manchester United,...
- 15:09 Rutherford name for cancer centre under construction in Northumberland
- 15:09 What EXACTLY did the Spice Girls mean when they sang...
- 15:09 WEATHER WARNING: Heavy snow forecast for parts of Northumberland
- 15:09 APPEAL: Murderers of Maltby pensioner, 80, are still at large
- 15:09 Mum spent 40 years searching for baby's grave - and found she was...
- 15:09 Massive new Carluccio’s restaurant in Solihull town centre...
- 15:09 West Brom's Gareth McAuley on owning a golf shop, collecting...
- 15:09 Calthorpe Estates expands senior team
- 15:09 How West Brom can turn an encouraging season into a brilliant one
- 15:09 Northumberland school buildings need £2k per pupil to bring them up...
- 15:08 Chance to boldly go with £4m Enterprise
- 15:08 Mum claims damages after horror cyst ordeal
- 15:08 Each area will have 'chapter' in local plan
- 15:08 Bye-bye Byron Street
- 15:08 Kitchen clink: Rogue trader jailed for fraud
- 15:07 Children brave chop to help young people with cancer
- 15:07 Storm Doris to bring 80mph winds and heavy rain
- 15:06 Digger Festival organisers and artists celebrate George Orwell
- 15:06 Nissan says Brexit-induced fall in pound left it slightly worse off